Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Morales vs, Maidana@9PM (ET)/6PM(PT): SPOILERS 15 Mins Later.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 10 2011, 12:24 AM) *
Morales should change his name to Balls.

Co fucking sign

Look at his eye!! Morales has nothing to be ashamed of here this was an amazing performance.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 10 2011, 12:24 AM) *
Morales should change his name to Balls.

lol ....true.
Imperius3
Official Scorecards:

114-114
116-112 Twice

Maidana wins.

Morales gave an awesome performance, but the decision was the right one.
BigG
I scored the fight a draw...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn, who would have thought that was coming. I for sure regret not ordering now, as this was one hell of a fight and one hell of a card. I must have saw a completely different fight than those judges. I had Morales winning 116-112, with a draw at worst. I gave Maidana rounds 1,9,10, and 12. He didn't do anything in rounds 2-8. All he did was hit Morales' gloves and air. Morales landed clean shots in those rounds, and dictated the pace in those rounds clearly. Granted there were a couple close rounds in there, but Maidana didn't do much. Shit he was almost out on his feet in round 7 or 8. Maidana did take over late, but I just didn't think it was enough. Hell of a fight though, and Morales really gave a wonderful effort.
BigG
I scored the fight a draw...
The CEO
That was Morales or a Draw at worst...

He beat Maidana with one fucking eye...they can't give him that respect?

Figures...
mexi-cutioner
I had the fight a draw. 116-112 get the fuck outta here those are way too wide margins, Erik Morales u one of the G.O.A.Ts of boxing baby
JLUVBABY
morales deserves his props now... a lot of people had him dying in the ring... lol... fight was closer than 116-112... a draw or a point or two either way seems in order for that fight...
Snoop
Morales damn near fought that fight with one eye. Fucking amazing.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2011, 11:23 PM) *
I hope all you Maidana NutHuggers are watching this fight... Maidana fucking SUCKS! I don't care if he gets the decision, he was suppose to knock this guy out early...

This is what you get when you match a old legend against a young club fighter!

A victory for the club fighter?

I thought you liked Amir Khan?
D-MARV
Not shocked at all!

WAR MORALES!
Box in Hand
Maidana got exposed for the caveman he is. I had Morales winning this fight by a point. Maidana did shit in the middle rounds and didn't look at all like a world class fighter. Morales is a fucking legend and master boxer who I'll take in the trenches any day.

On another note Kirkland should go back to Ann Smith .
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Apr 10 2011, 12:28 AM) *
A victory for the club fighter?

I thought you liked Amir Khan?

Khan would have handled Morales!

Styles make fights brother... Maidana is a wild swinging clubber with NO SKILL. He caught Khan late, shit happens!

I'm not a Khan fan either... I just think he's the best 140lber out there.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yo BigG, thanks for the stream tonight btw. Tried messaging you, but your inbox was full. I'm glad I didn't miss that.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 10 2011, 12:30 AM) *
Maidana got exposed for the caveman he is. I had Morales winning this fight by a point. Maidana did shit in the middle rounds and didn't look at all like a world class fighter. Morales is a fucking legend and master boxer who I'll take in the trenches any day.

that loss set him back to espn FNF for a couple years.
caneman
Way to go Morales but the over rated one was Kirkland, God that was so funny, I wasn't hurt! lol!
Imperius3
I'm not sure I understand the "Maidana got exposed" comments. We all knew Maidana was a wild come forward brawler. Anyway, I thought the decision was fair and correct. It was an excellent PPV too, one of the best I've seen in a long time.
Snoop
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 10 2011, 04:32 AM) *
Yo BigG, thanks for the stream tonight btw. Tried messaging you, but your inbox was full. I'm glad I didn't miss that.

Ditto. Good lookin' out BigG, but clear your damn inbox out. lol
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 10 2011, 12:33 AM) *
Way to go Morales but the over rated one was Kirkland, God that was so funny, I wasn't hurt! lol!

LOL... I wish I got to see that!

I'm loving how all these wild swinging neanderthals are getting exposed this weekend!
KookedKrack
Maidana fought hard in there as well we all know he isn't the most skilled fighter but he is tough as nails.
Snoop
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Apr 10 2011, 04:34 AM) *
I'm not sure I understand the "Maidana got exposed" comments. We all knew Maidana was a come forward brawler. Anyway, I thought the decision was fair and correct. It was an excellent PPV too, one of the best I've seen in a long time.

I don't think Maidana got exposed, rather Morales showed he still has something left.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 9 2011, 11:30 PM) *

You mean Ann Wolfe, haha. And I agree.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Apr 9 2011, 10:34 PM) *
I'm not sure I understand the "Maidana got exposed" comments. We all knew Maidana was a come forward brawler. Anyway, I thought the decision was fair and correct. It was an excellent PPV too, one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Simple Maidana is labeled a world beater who went life and death with Khan however what an over the hill legend showed tonight is that Maidana cannot fight backing up, has stamina issues, is soft in the body, and is a wild swinging Cro-Magnon man.
Imperius3
Even with the 1 eye, Morales reminded us why we love him. Much respect. Great card.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Apr 9 2011, 10:37 PM) *
You mean Ann Wolfe, haha. And I agree.

Oops, thanks for that, Yeah he needs to go back to her lol.
mexi-cutioner
Not gonna lie, i'm pretty damn sad right now that Morales didn't walk out with the decision lol sad.gif
gravytrain
i cut tonight short to see the result of this and Morales really impressed me. personally i thought he was going to get stopped early. i think this really calls a few fighters into question in the JWW division and makes you wonder what Morales can still do at this age.
The CEO
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 10 2011, 12:26 AM) *
Damn, who would have thought that was coming. I for sure regret not ordering now, as this was one hell of a fight and one hell of a card. I must have saw a completely different fight than those judges. I had Morales winning 116-112, with a draw at worst. I gave Maidana rounds 1,9,10, and 12. He didn't do anything in rounds 2-8. All he did was hit Morales' gloves and air. Morales landed clean shots in those rounds, and dictated the pace in those rounds clearly. Granted there were a couple close rounds in there, but Maidana didn't do much. Shit he was almost out on his feet in round 7 or 8. Maidana did take over late, but I just didn't think it was enough. Hell of a fight though, and Morales really gave a wonderful effort.

Me, KYLE, me...and a couple of others...I'm sick of this shit.

laugh.gif

So I see both Khan and Maidana are going backwards...lol...those two have become as overrated as their fight...

Morales doesn't have the power to literally put him away, Fitz, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he gets a ref stoppage...several barrages of technical punches landing could add up and warrant it...there's a huge gulf in class there, along with their respective ring ages....

IF he has enough gusto, with his jabs and straight rights...he still has the IQ and technique...his lack of movement and willingness to war will hurt him here...if he can keep landing on the button when Maidana is doing his wild haymaker rushes, the former might get discouraged and wilt...Morales needs to make sure his conditioning is the best it can be...

All that being said, Maidana should be the favorite and definitely SHOULD win...but like I said...there's a gulf in class here, and with enough vitality, Morales could be victorious.

I don't think I'm gonna post anything new anymore...I'll just keep quoting myself like a motherfuckin' World Class dickhead.

AWESOME weekend of fights....FNF, STRIKEFORCE, and now this....I don't know about y'all, but I'm fuckin' satisfied and grateful...

drinks.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 10 2011, 04:39 AM) *
Oops, thanks for that, Yeah he needs to go back to her lol.

I'm not so sure it would have made a difference. You can't train a chin and it wasn't like Kirkland's defense was all that great under Wolfe.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 10 2011, 12:43 AM) *
i cut tonight short to see the result of this and Morales really impressed me. personally i thought he was going to get stopped early. i think this really calls a few fighters into question in the JWW division and makes you wonder what Morales can still do at this age.

I thought this fight was going to end soon after that first rd and how lethargic erik looked.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2011, 11:35 PM) *

I'm loving how all these wild swinging neanderthals are getting exposed this weekend!

Little solid shots on the chin went straight to his legs & he said he wasn't hurt with a fat lip & fucked up eye!

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 9 2011, 11:45 PM) *
I'm not so sure it would have made a difference. You can't train a chin and it wasn't like Kirkland's defense was all that great under Wolfe.

You ain't kidding, he has no chin & on another note, 2 guys saying they would stop Martinez got stopped their selves! Classic & mad props to Morales, I was so scared for him outta love for a true warrior but I was thankfully wrong about that. He had way more skills but we all knew that!
kidbazooka1
Wow I thought Maidana was gonna run all over Morales but man that goes to show just how great Morales was in his day to be the last man to officially beat Pacqiuao and now come back many years after his prime and arguably beat a young power punching naturaly bigger guy with one eye.

I wanna see a rematch asap before Morales declines even more.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
haha mad props for calling it CEO, and the couple of others that did as well. I'm glad Morales did well, but even after the 1st round I thought he was in trouble.
Fitz
What a great card.

Credit to DMarv and CEO. Most thought it was going to be really ugly for Erik. Win or lose, that was one of his best performances. I didn't really score the fight, as I didn't think it was going to be necessary. All I know is that it was close.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2011, 11:35 PM) *

caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 10 2011, 01:12 AM) *

That is so funny to me, he got hurt by almost every shot...I could have taken everyone of these punches!
Snoop
Ishida gotta be one of the smiliest fighters I've ever seen.
ViperSniper
ERIK MORALES!! I can't believe the performance I saw him display which was done, purely on his experience, ring smarts, toughness and determination. Never doubted his skills...just really didn't think he physically & mentally had it in him!

During the 1st round I really thought he was going to get stopped as he was getting tagged heavily, not doing anything and had one of the most rapid closing eyes I have seen and found myself asking "what were you thinking?".

1st four rounds Maidana gave him a nice beatin', treating him like an old fighting banging him with all sorts to the head and body. Not until Morales copped heavy blows and weathered the storm did he start waking up and started warming up, by that point I was still surprised he was still standing. After that point Maidana possibly got over anxious with the assault as Morales started actually working and finding what was left of his timing to start catching in the wide swinging Maidana.

From the middle rounds I found myself a little confused that Morales was not only still standing after the early beatin', but that he was actually 'fighting' back and was landing clean shots. When Maidana started to appear he was gassing a little and Morales was gettin some of the better of some of the exchanges and shifting Maidana on the inside I actually thought "shit!" Morales may have a chance here.

By the later rounds, although Morales was still getting tagged he was doing a great job with his defense by turning with the punchers and moving around the off balanced Maidana to avoid further punishment. Erik Morales didn't necessarily have power, but used his experience & timing well to stun Maidana who has very average foot placement (which also takes away power from his already heavy assed fists) and also attack him when his feet were no planted when they should have.

Going into the 12 round I was amazed that it had gone this long and that Morales had made such a fight out of what was meant to be a slaughterhouse that it was anyones fight! I didn't score the fight but I believe it was possibly a draw.

I can't really take much away from Maidana who was a very limited, yet rugged fighter with mean power that fought a good fight, but more so the surprising physical toughness to take the punishment and his willingness to fight. Based on his last couple of fights it appeared Erik Morales inner flame to fight had burnt out, but it showed it never quite burnt out as he needed time and a second wind to ignite it back again.

After all the punishment he has taken, coming out of retirement to compete well past his best weight at his age to against a much bigger, powerful & hungry Maidana and to overcome a closed eye and punishment like that win, loose or draw...this has got to be one of Erik Morales greatest performances. Morales showed me he must really have something deep down inside to prove!!

EL TERRIBLE!!!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 10 2011, 12:12 AM) *

This dude has no class...and no chin. Blamed it on everything except himself.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 10 2011, 01:41 AM) *
What a great card.

Credit to DMarv and CEO. Most thought it was going to be really ugly for Erik. Win or lose, that was one of his best performances. I didn't really score the fight, as I didn't think it was going to be necessary. All I know is that it was close.

Yes Fitz,

I didn't score the fight either... You didn't need too. It was great pleaseure to sit back and watch Morales make Maidana his bitch! Great overall fight... I give Maidana a lot of props for taking his whooping like a man but that's about it...

I hate to sound so "Stewardish" but this fight went exactly how I thought it was going to go, lol.
salvador
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2011, 11:23 PM) *
I hope all you Maidana NutHuggers are watching this fight... Maidana fucking SUCKS! I don't care if he gets the decision, he was suppose to knock this guy out early...

This is what you get when you match a old legend against a young club fighter!

I still love Maidana.

Nobody ever said he was great, just that he was a great warrior who is fun as hell to watch. He's the perfect measuring stick/gatekeeper at 140 because of his style and his fortitude - and that's an excellent thing to be, especially right now.

I can't think of 3 fighters I'd rather watch than Maidana.
The CEO
Thanks, fellas.....here's where the other unsung heros lie...in the thread where the fight was first mentioned...

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=26646

Props to Nay Sayer, Michigan Assassin, and The Fonz...
Michigan Assassin
Great night of fights. Lost all me money at the craps table of MGM before the fight card started. Went and enjoyed the shit out of the fights. Thought as the fight was progressing my +600 bet on Morales was looking good. But after the great vibe at the arena I headed home, stopped along the way and won the $$$ back.

BTW this is exhibit A why I fucking love Morales. I had a great seat and when I saw his eye was basically closed a minute into the fight I was like "damn it" but he said fuck it and kept working.
caneman
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Apr 10 2011, 11:45 AM) *
Great night of fights. Lost all me money at the craps table of MGM before the fight card started. Went and enjoyed the shit out of the fights. Thought as the fight was progressing my +600 bet on Morales was looking good. But after the great vibe at the arena I headed home, stopped along the way and won the $$$ back.

BTW this is exhibit A why I fucking love Morales. I had a great seat and when I saw his eye was basically closed a minute into the fight I was like "damn it" but he said fuck it and kept working.

Congrats...how could anyone not love Morales? I hope I never sounded like I was hating on Morales, in fact for me it was concern for his health & safety. And I still want him to stop before he gets hurt...time to enjoy his life & family...I hope he has the money to do so & doesn't have to keep fighting! I will sure misss him though! It's getting to the point where it's time for a bunch of old legends to hang up those gloves, the thing is, other than a few, @ this point it's hard to see too many stepping up to replace them with class & honor!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 10 2011, 08:36 AM) *
Thanks, fellas.....here's where the other unsung heros lie...in the thread where the fight was first mentioned...

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=26646

Props to Nay Sayer, Michigan Assassin, and The Fonz...

Thank you kind sir...
BrutalBodyShots
I didn't see the fight yet, but it sounds like a hell of a performance by Morales! I'll be the first to admit I was completely wrong predicting the outcome... I thought Morales would get stopped in the mid-late rounds by the naturally bigger Maidana.

Michigan Assassin
I was reading that the Kirkland, Ghost and Morales fights are being rebroadcast Friday night on HBO Latino. Damn I have every HBO except that. I guess I'll have to check into adding it.
caneman
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Apr 10 2011, 01:46 PM) *
I was reading that the Kirkland, Ghost and Morales fights are being rebroadcast Friday night on HBO Latino. Damn I have every HBO except that. I guess I'll have to check into adding it.

That sucks bad...you must have cable huh? IE not dish?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 10 2011, 02:03 PM) *
That sucks bad...you must have cable huh? IE not dish?

satellite is the way to go... i have dish myself but im going to check with direct tv and see if they offer channels like sky sports and some of the british sports channels that show boxing... if they have those channels i will think very seriously about switching over...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.