Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guerrero vs JMM
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
and the NEW
These guys look like the dominant two lightweights to me (although one could argue Rios is in the mix).

How do you guys see this fight playing out? It would be very technical no doubt, but does the Ghost have what it takes to mark a changing of the guards?
Fitz
I think you can throw Humberto Soto into the mix as well.
and the NEW
Ah yes, Soto definately in the mix but I don't personally think he could hang with JMM.

I think Guerrero gives JMM the best fight of the lot and while I can't bet against JMM, I do think with the improvement Robert the Ghost has made, he could really push Marquez all the way!
caneman
I think Guerrero has the style to beat JMM! I really believe that! 140 anyhow!
Fitz
I think that Guerrero may be able to take Marquez at this stage. I still wouldn't mind seeing one of the popular names get a fight with Soto. This could make for a pretty good tourney, like the bantam tourney.
Marquez, Guerrero, Rios and Soto.
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 17 2011, 06:32 PM) *
I think that Guerrero may be able to take Marquez at this stage. I still wouldn't mind seeing one of the popular names get a fight with Soto. This could make for a pretty good tourney, like the bantam tourney.
Marquez, Guerrero, Rios and Soto.

Works for me, get it signed mate thumbsup_anim.gif Oh yea, I got Guerrero to win it!
kidbazooka1
It supsrises me how much ppl underrate JMM the guy is all time great and has proven it over and over.

I like Guerrero but unless Marquez gets real old over night i see Marquez takeing this one by decision but it won't be easy.
JLUVBABY
i have to go with jmm still... i know he is on the decline for sure but he is still quality and i think katsidis helped guererro look like a killer... i think he is entering his prime right about now but jmm is such a great fighter... with that said it woldnt be an upset if robert beat him but its hard for me to go against jmm... the guy is such a warrior...
RyanTical
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 10 2011, 12:44 AM) *
I think you can throw Humberto Soto into the mix as well.

Damn straight you can! La Zorrita!

QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 17 2011, 04:15 PM) *
I think Guerrero has the style to beat JMM! I really believe that! 140 anyhow!

Guerrero definitely has the style, but I think JM Marquez has enough spunk to go the full twelve and win a convincing decision.
and the NEW
Would be a good tourney like the Bantams.

I would also have to take JMM at the moment, but I think these are the best two lightweights at the moment.

Although Rios has to be one of my favourites, great to watch, big heart, clean crisp punching.
Romulus9
I think Guerrero wins, and positively SHOCKS people by doing it fairly easily. I'm not saying it's a whitewash. I'm saying he wins a good, solid 116-112 or 117-111 type of competitive but clear decision.

Guerrero is versatile, has all of the physical tools (and STILL room to grow...), and is just reaching his best years. In more than one way, it's a bad matchup for Marquez.

Right now, I think the fight that has the potential to be yet another FOTY candidate is Marquez-Soto.
caneman
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Apr 18 2011, 12:55 PM) *
I think Guerrero wins, and positively SHOCKS people by doing it fairly easily. I'm not saying it's a whitewash. I'm saying he wins a good, solid 116-112 or 117-111 type of competitive but clear decision.

Guerrero is versatile, has all of the physical tools (and STILL room to grow...), and is just reaching his best years. In more than one way, it's a bad matchup for Marquez.

Right now, I think the fight that has the potential to be yet another FOTY candidate is Marquez-Soto.

Spot on bro!
Fitz
I have picked against Marquez a lot recently, I keep thinking that this will be the one that is just too much for him, and he has continued to prove me wrong in some of the recent fights. But a fight with Guerrero, I actually legitimately think Marquez will lose this one. Unlike the other past guys, I think he brings something new. He is big, tall and can box well. Something different than Diaz and Katsidis brought. Should give Marquez some more problems.
D-MARV
I think Guerrero wins a close decision and hanging on to dear life at the end.

I don't think Soto is on these guys level.
SmartyBeardo
I will not pick against JMM, but Guerrero would be a severe test for him at this point in his career. The Ghost is long, skilled and accurate. He has a decent chin, good defense, good quickness and very good ring management.

I would still take JMM in a very close decision if it happens soon.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 18 2011, 09:32 PM) *
I will not pick against JMM, but Guerrero would be a severe test for him at this point in his career. The Ghost is long, skilled and accurate. He has a decent chin, good defense, good quickness and very good ring management.

I would still take JMM in a very close decision if it happens soon.

BUT within your post is why JMM LOSES!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 18 2011, 07:53 PM) *
BUT within your post is why JMM LOSES!

Not true, caneman. Within my post is why JMM could lose to The Ghost.

JMM has more skill, better accuracy, more resiliency, comparable defense and ring management, better pop, more (HOF) experience, and an ATG heart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.