Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morales vs. Marquez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
One of the best fights to make in boxing IMO!
caneman
QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 10 2011, 01:44 PM) *
One of the best fights to make in boxing IMO!

Yea, and let both guys make enough cash so they can retire & enjoy their lives!
JLUVBABY
this fight came to mind last night... id love to see that fight happen in houston at the toyota center... i know it wont but the crowd would be crazy for that one...
D-MARV
Two classy legends... I Love it... two of my all time favorites too.

I give JMM the edge solely because he's less shot than Morales. I think people are feeding too much into last night's performance. Morales is shot all to hell, he just had an overrated fighter in front of him.

Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 10 2011, 09:58 PM) *

I give JMM the edge solely because he's less shot than Morales. I think people are feeding too much into last night's performance. Morales is shot all to hell, he just had an overrated fighter in front of him.

Agreed. Marquez's skillset is 10X superior to Maidana's.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 10 2011, 04:58 PM) *

i was thinking bout that myself marv... how much of last night was morales and how much was it maidana just not being the most skilled fighter?....
BlueMercury
Hope to see that fight happen this year, maybe at the end of the summer.
kidbazooka1
At his very best Morales wins it but now Marquez takes it by UD or late stoppage in a classic.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 10 2011, 03:18 PM) *
At his very best Morales wins it but now Marquez takes it by UD or late stoppage in a classic.

i think Marquez would pull off the win, but I don't see Morales getting stopped byMarquez. Especially since Maidana is a MUCH bigger puncher than Marquez and Morales kept on coming
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 11 2011, 12:57 AM) *
i think Marquez would pull off the win, but I don't see Morales getting stopped byMarquez. Especially since Maidana is a MUCH bigger puncher than Marquez and Morales kept on coming

Being a big puncher isn't the only way to stop a fighter.
D-MARV
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 10 2011, 07:57 PM) *

Marquez's Punches do a lot more damage than Maidana's.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 10 2011, 06:12 PM) *
i was thinking bout that myself marv... how much of last night was morales and how much was it maidana just not being the most skilled fighter?....

i think it showed that some fighters in the 140 pound division are pretty overrated not just Maidana. at this point i feel pretty safe giving Bradley the #1 spot and thinking he'll keep it.
HaydelHammer
You know what...before last night I would have said hell no....after last night....I'd pay PPV dollars for that sh*t and wouldn't complain if it got stopped ..erik earned that sh*t...dude is a fucking soldier man...good lord.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 10 2011, 05:23 PM) *
Marquez's Punches do a lot more damage than Maidana's.

I don't see Marquez busting up Morales' eye the way Maidana did within the first 3 rounds..
D-MARV
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 10 2011, 08:55 PM) *
I don't see Marquez busting up Morales' eye the way Maidana did within the first 3 rounds..

Please... You don't need to be a hard puncher to swell someone's eye!

Tell me why Morales ate pretty much everything Maidana threw at him, Yet, Morales has been hurt bad by smaller fighters like Pacquiao and Barrera?
BrutalBodyShots
Marquez by decision over Morales at 135-140 if they fought today.
gravytrain
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 10 2011, 08:41 PM) *
You know what...before last night I would have said hell no....after last night....I'd pay PPV dollars for that sh*t and wouldn't complain if it got stopped ..erik earned that sh*t...dude is a fucking soldier man...good lord.

that's about how i feel about it to. personally i was just thinking this was Morales's biggest money fight available so he wanted to cash out. it looks like he really has the desire to comeback though, probably why he fought on with such a messed up eye.

what i really want to see is how he comes back from the loss to Maidana.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I have to be honest I thought Morales was shot, and he proved me wrong in the Maidana fight. Always happy for a great like Morales to prove me wrong.

A fight with JMM would be epic! Like the Thriller in Manilla, both guys skills having eroded to the point where they are just that little bit more hittable. And there seems to be some genuine animosity there.

PLUS they both have pride in spades. I don't see how this couldn't be a great fight. It has to happen.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 10 2011, 07:55 PM) *

Morales could see everything Maidana threw at him which allowed him to take the shots better. Marquez is a much faster accurate puncher the kind you don't see coming and can hurt you.

For example Pacqiuao took Cotto and Margarito's shots pretty well but Marquez rocked him badly in the 2nd rd of the 2nd fight cause Manny never seen that hook coming.
Col Reb
The fight needs to happen next! Put it in Azteca Stadium in Mexico City and watch the crowds that come. Sad thing is, Pac will mess this up by fighting Marquez a third time. What we need to happen in Pac-PBF; that is our best chance to ever see Marquez-Morales.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Apr 15 2011, 05:14 PM) *
The fight needs to happen next! Put it in Azteca Stadium in Mexico City and watch the crowds that come. Sad thing is, Pac will mess this up by fighting Marquez a third time. What we need to happen in Pac-PBF; that is our best chance to ever see Marquez-Morales.

JMM v Morales - get it done!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Apr 15 2011, 07:14 PM) *

my only question bout this fight happening is it looks like marquez is gonna re-sign with gbp.... does arum do business with gbp?.. i dont see it... maybe im missing something but i dont see marquez as next for pac not if what im thinking is correct... and that is arum will not do business with gbp...
ViperSniper
If Marquez goes back to GBP they have offered him fight with Judah, Guerro and yes a fight with Morales (which is a big option now). But I also read yesterday that Arum is wants Pacquaio's next fight to now be against Marquez thumbsdown_anim.gif . If this is the case that would mean Marquez would be going into the fight going without a fight for a while. It's deceiving because Pacquaio fights big names, but he really needs to start taking more legit fights instead of these safety ones.

If Marquez-Morales is ever going to happen it needs to happen now as it's probably the best it's going to get after the great showing Morales put on (for the titles at 135 would be nice). Although Maidana hits way harder than Marquez, I do think this is a much different match-up that Marquez would take based on his skills and timing, but if Morales can put Marquez on the seat of his pants (which is is very capable of) he is very capable of making things interesting!
SmartyBeardo
I don't care where it is at or how much it costs, if they schedule JMM v Morales, I'm there. Kind of like a Battle of the Bands between Alice In Chains and Jane's Addiction. If it was possible, I wouldn't want to miss it, live.
JLUVBABY
Just heard Luisa Collazo may be next for manny pac after this fight.. No Joke... wont say just yet the source but its pretty reliable... and for the wise guys it wasnt karceno... lol...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 16 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Just heard Luisa Collazo may be next for manny pac after this fight.. No Joke... wont say just yet the source but its pretty reliable... and for the wise guys it wasnt karceno... lol...

JLUV, you're killin' a beautiful Saturday, man.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 16 2011, 02:29 PM) *
JLUV, you're killin' a beautiful Saturday, man.

i hated to hear his name mentioned too... but im not sure how valid that is so.. just keep it in mind if after the mosley fight his name happens to be mentioned as a potential opponent... if marquez re signs with gbp... he will be more than likely out as an opponent for pac unless bob has a change of heart against doing biz with oscar and company... which i doubt... so then, who is next for manny pac as im sure he will beat mosley... they'll need an opponent and collazo just came out of a hiatus with a 3rd round ko last week... seems like the perfect guy for pac... lol..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.