Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia WTF???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Warlord
So, on Wiki's boxing entry I find a list of different styles I find categories such as 'boxer', 'boxer-puncher', 'brawler', 'swarmer', and 'counter-puncher.' Which is all fine and dandy. Except that on their list of notable examples for each category, David Haye falls under the 'boxer' category.

Really? Fucking David Haye? On the same list as Muhammad Ali? Jesus Christ. Is David Haye a wiki user, because there is no other explanation for this shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 14 2011, 02:32 AM) *
So, on Wiki's boxing entry I find a list of different styles I find categories such as 'boxer', 'boxer-puncher', 'brawler', 'swarmer', and 'counter-puncher.' Which is all fine and dandy. Except that on their list of notable examples for each category, David Haye falls under the 'boxer' category.

Really? Fucking David Haye? On the same list as Muhammad Ali? Jesus Christ. Is David Haye a wiki user, because there is no other explanation for this shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing

My only complaint would be that if he was going to be included on a list it should be "boxer/puncher."
thisneverworks
The entire point of Wikipedia is that anybody can update entries.

If you don't like what is on the page...change it.
Warlord
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Apr 16 2011, 10:32 PM) *
The entire point of Wikipedia is that anybody can update entries.

If you don't like what is on the page...change it.

Don't be a douche. That wasn't the point of the topic.

As an aside, not anyone can make changes. As far as I know, only members of Wikipedia may edit wiki entries.

Back to the point. I thought it was simply hilarious that someone would actually list David Haye alongside Muhammad Ali as a shining example of a particular style within the sport.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.