Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan vs. McCloskey Aprox. 5PM (ET)/2PM(PT) SPOILERS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This is the thread for the Khan-McCloskey fight, which is tape delayed on HBO tonight. The approximate live start times are indicated above. Be considerate by keeping all fight information in the thread for those who want to watch the fight on HBO tonight.

Same rules apply: No new spoiler threads about the fight are permitted, and any live streams may ONLY be submitted by PM or E-Mail.

Jack

Administrator
blackbelt2003
If anybody has got a stream, I'd be grateful!!!

Black
Byrd Man
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Apr 16 2011, 01:00 PM) *
If anybody has got a stream, I'd be grateful!!!

Black

Same here!
The CEO
WAR MCLAREN!!
The CEO
Found a bad one...sending.

Khan fights like such an amateur....Bradley will END him if he signs the contract.
The CEO
How protected...lol...shit's ridiculous.

Crowd booing HARD.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 16 2011, 04:33 PM) *
Found a bad one...sending.

Khan fights like such an amateur....Bradley will END him if he signs the contract.

Shame the stream is so bad...guru said all are though...if I want teased I'll hit the funking titty bar! lolz! They wish Khan was as great as they wished...hell even 1/2 s good!
The CEO
So here's the story...

TD...60-54 Khan across the board.

There was an accidental butt, and McCloskey got cut above the eye...the doctor steps in immediately and stops it so it could go to the cards...I didn't see but one round of action, but it looked like McCloskey was giving him a fight, and the cut wasn't that bad...

Crowd STILL booing.
Maxy
As Barry Hearn said, staggering ineptitude from the referee and the doctor should never be involved in boxing again. Fuckin disgrace and yeah, Khan was going to win this fight, no doubt, but this was never a legitimate stoppage. Disgusting.
The CEO
McCloskey being interviewed and is mad...yeah...the cut is NOT bad.

Reminds me of when Barrera's brain was hanging out in the 2nd round against Khan, yet they waited for the 5th round to stop it...

SHAMELESS....Khan is NOTHING.
Maxy
Khan said before the fight that he might not box in Britain again for a long time....said he makes more money in America. Let me make it clear....personally I don't want that cunt boxing out of Britain again EVER. I hope he fucks off to America (if you lot want him) and I hope he gets decapitated by his next opponent and the one after that and the one after that.

Cunt. OK, OK, the stoppage wasn't Khans fault. The officials have to be banned though because they are a true disgrace. Khan, shit, he lacked power for me. Paul took everything and I give him credit. He wasn't going to win but to be robbed like that (robbed of his opportunity to at least go the distance) makes me sick.

Khan talking shit now about how Paul didn't want to go on, saying Paul was happy to quit. Nah. Khan-Bradley is next.
lloyd mayflower
Glad im stuck at work so I wasnt tempted to pay money for this. Shame for McCloskey. I sicerely doubt he would have been looking to quit. I'v never met anyone from Northern Ireland with that sort of bitch nature and I doubt he has it either.

Khan is a classless little cunt, and I would be more than happy to see him with those glass eyes like he had against Prescott a couple more times.
blackbelt2003
Thanks CEO!!!

Not a great fight, McCloskey made it ugly, Khan didn't look good at all. He's one of these fighters that has to have the right opponent in front of him to look good.

A few weeks ago I picked Khan to outscore Bradley. I take that back. I think Bradley punishes him a little now.

Black
The CEO
You're welcome, Black...

Amir Khan has forced me to create a Hate Wagon for him...there's too much bullshit to be ignored.

The Official Thread/Open Registration will commence later on tonight after the tape delay...I'll be expecting a sizeable, International turnout for this one...
JLUVBABY
damn... and i quit watching the fight early on like in the second round.. i figured khan was gonna outclass him... im reading mixed reviews... sounds like maybe mcclosky got with him a little?...
SmartyBeardo
I hope Rios gets an opportunity to Twitchify The Khanman.
lloyd mayflower
Rios has business to attend to in his own division before getting a shot at a title in the one above
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 16 2011, 05:21 PM) *
Rios has business to attend to in his own division before getting a shot at a title in the one above

Rios will end up at 140 sooner not later.
SmartyBeardo
Look at how McCloskey was making Khan miss and miss and miss.
KookedKrack
This dude is the guy that "got the best of Manny Pacquiao in sparring" according to Roach.....says a lot about Pacquiao.
KookedKrack
someone needs to murder that guy with the horn
mexi-cutioner
You guys LOVE hating. I met Khan several times and trained alongside him when he was in Vancouver prior to the Malignaggi fight. the Dude is one of the nicest guys i've met and i'm looking forward to seeing him pull off a WIN over Tim bradley!!!!!!!!!

WAR KHAN!!!!!!!!!!
SmartyBeardo
That is some bullshit.

Not Khan's fault though.

Bradley v Khan will be a good fight. Bradley takes it, IMO, unless Bradley is DQed
KookedKrack
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 16 2011, 10:17 PM) *
You guys LOVE hating. I met Khan several times and trained alongside him when he was in Vancouver prior to the Malignaggi fight. the Dude is one of the nicest guys i've met and i'm looking forward to seeing him pull off a WIN over Tim bradley!!!!!!!!!

WAR KHAN!!!!!!!!!!

So because you met and trained with him we are hating?

Strong dick-riding there buddy.
gravytrain
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 16 2011, 10:17 PM) *

WAR KHAN!!!!!!!!!!

is Khan Bradley's bitch? sho nuff.

is he going to lose? sho nuff.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I have no idea why people are hating on Khan so much. It's not his fault the fight was stopped like that. Khan made the fight and outworked him clearly. This Irish dude didn't do a damn thing in there, and it's really stupid how he's making excuses in the post fight interview about how he would get him late. Yeah, ok, how bout you throw some damn shots in the first six rounds. Khan worked this dude, and had him down with a body shot that wasn't counted as a knockdown, and had him wobbly in that 5th round as well. Khan whooped up on that dude, and he will beat Bradley. He fought well, and makes for good fights. I don't know what there is to hate.
PR316
I've gone back and forth on it. But now I'm leaning towards Bradley over Khan.

He's just a better fighter, PERIOD. More polished, more skilled, tougher, and more versatile.

Desert Storm would either UD him or stop him late.
BigG
I got Bradley when they both fight. Khan's been impressive but Bradley is the man at this weight IMO. Khan's defense is very overrated Bradley will bust him up esp. in the 2nd half.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 16 2011, 10:24 PM) *
I have no idea why people are hating on Khan so much. It's not his fault the fight was stopped like that. Khan made the fight and outworked him clearly. This Irish dude didn't do a damn thing in there, and it's really stupid how he's making excuses in the post fight interview about how he would get him late. Yeah, ok, how bout you throw some damn shots in the first six rounds. Khan worked this dude, and had him down with a body shot that wasn't counted as a knockdown, and had him wobbly in that 5th round as well. Khan whooped up on that dude, and he will beat Bradley. He fought well, and makes for good fights. I don't know what there is to hate.

because he's overrated and hasn't proved himself as the #1 but has a lot of fools thinking he's. it's just time for Bradley to put that bald ass head to use and show him who the man is.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
What does he have to do to prove himself? He beats just about everybody they put in front of him, and has come back from a devastating KO. He dominated Kotelnik, who's a solid fighter. Dominated Malignaggi, KO'd Salita in 1, and beat Maidana who was at the top at 140. I guess when he beats Bradley, people will take notice. Sure, he's a bit overrated, but is that a reason to hate? It's all good, I think he'll beat Bradley with his length and activity. We'll see though, hope the fight gets made.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 16 2011, 10:41 PM) *
What does he have to do to prove himself? He beats just about everybody they put in front of him, and has come back from a devastating KO. He dominated Kotelnik, who's a solid fighter. Dominated Malignaggi, KO'd Salita in 1, and beat Maidana who was at the top at 140. I guess when he beats Bradley, people will take notice. Sure, he's a bit overrated, but is that a reason to hate? It's all good, I think he'll beat Bradley with his length and activity. We'll see though, hope the fight gets made.

how does Maidana really prove him as a fighter? Kotelnik and Salita don't make him #1 either.

people will be guessing for a long time when it comes to Khan beating Bradley.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Apr 16 2011, 09:15 PM) *
someone needs to murder that guy with the horn

LMFAO

That's what I was saying. How was that guy not attacked?

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Actually I thought Khan looked pretty good. Fast hands and nice combos. He has improved under Roach. His biggest problem is that he still fights too tense and a lil too upright for my liking.

A pressure fighter like Bradley is still going to pose a lot of problems for Khan. I'll take Bradley but I don't think he'll demolish him like others do. Khan will be very competitive for 7-8 rounds.
Jack 1000
Shit Fight!

I would love to see a rematch with Maidana, who I thought actually beat Khan. (The scoring for Khan was too wide.) How Khan survived that 10th round may never be known.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.