Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime:Lopez vs. Salido:@10:30(ET)/7:30(PT) SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reaction to the Lopez-Salido fight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
caneman
batters up bitches...War Lopez for my greedy reason of Lopez vs Gamboa!!!!
HaydelHammer
ok these guys need to get their heads out their a$$ and start slugging. LMAO. On a Roll.
caneman
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 16 2011, 10:50 PM) *
ok these guys need to get their heads out their a$$ and start slugging. LMAO. On a Roll.

LMAO ANDDDDDDDDDDDD AGREED!!!
gravytrain
on the telecast they said Juanma is doing this fight, rematching Rafa and then going up to 130. that's some bullshit. if he doesn't fight Gamboa i'm going to go to a press conference with Arum there and throw my shoes at him.
TheFonz
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 16 2011, 11:53 PM) *
on the telecast they said Juanma is doing this fight, rematching Rafa and then going up to 130. that's some bullshit. if he doesn't fight Gamboa i'm going to go to a press conference with Arum there and throw my shoes at him.

lmao
caneman
Juanma is slow!
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 16 2011, 11:56 PM) *
Juanma is slow!

yes...I was thinking the same thing....wtf...
caneman
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 16 2011, 10:59 PM) *
yes...I was thinking the same thing....wtf...

Very slow....reminds me of higher weight guys!
KookedKrack
This guy is NOT ready for Gamboa.
HaydelHammer
lopez felt that shot...he can try to act tough all he wants...he know damn well that shit hurt him. lol
PR316
Juanma not looking good. Looks slower than usual.
HaydelHammer
yeah I think gamboa might walk lopez a$$ man.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (PR316 @ Apr 17 2011, 12:05 AM) *
Juanma not looking good. Looks slower than usual.

looks over trained it seems. Never seen him this slow.
HaydelHammer
OH SHIT
caneman
3-2 Juanma on my card and downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
If only there was one more minute in that round. Wow, that was a nice shot and had JuanMa out on his feet. This fight could get interesting tonight as well.
HaydelHammer
"OH MY GOD" - Manny Steward

LOL
KookedKrack
dude literally collapsed in the corner stool
caneman
lopez won't make it!
HaydelHammer
OH MY GOD!!!!! lol
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
What a round, and what a night of fights. Lopez seems to have his feet back, and Salido may have punched himself out. This fight certainly is close, and Salido has confidence.
KookedKrack
It's official Gamboa ends him.
The CEO
Is JuanMa getting spanked by Gamboa's leftovers??

LMAOO!!
caneman
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 16 2011, 11:11 PM) *
OH MY GOD!!!!! lol

OMG I JUST CAME 2 FIGHTS IN A ROW! LOPEZ MIGHT NOT MAKE IT!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Saldio is winning round 7, but you really have to wonder what effect the crowd will have on the judges. This is JuanMa's hometown, so Salido may need to win these rounds by larger margins. JuanMa is hitting a lot of air, but he's trying to press the fight at times. The end of the round was a great example. Lopez landed none of that flurry, but Salido came back with two solid shots.
The CEO
LOL...what a night....I love Boxing

Lopez' chin is about 5% better than Berto's...which means it's below average.
HaydelHammer
Good round for lopez but he still eating looping shots. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up on his a$$ again getting caught in an exchange.
HaydelHammer
WOW OH MY GOD......................HOLY SHIT. LMAO
caneman
BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOO
gravytrain
looks like as much as Arum tried it just didn't work out.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Guess we won't have to worry about the judges. What an agressive round, but I didn't like the stoppage. I think you let that go a little longer. However, Salido had him out and it was only a matter of time. You gotta feel good for Salido, as he's been a hard luck fighter his whole career. He never seemed to catch a break, or step up at the right time. But he's champ now, so good for him. Hopefully he doesn't test positive for a banned substance this time, like he did last time when he won the title. What a night of fights. Could that be a candidate for upset of the year?
HaydelHammer
I heard that water bottle land too. LMFAO.

somebody GUNNED that sum bitch.
The CEO
That's right, JuanMa...blindly throw punches to prove you have Heart so he can take you out easier...

YOU INSECURE DUMBASS!!

LMAOOOOO!!

ANOTHER overrated fool goes down....LOVIN' IT!!!
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 17 2011, 12:20 AM) *
Guess we won't have to worry about the judges. What an agressive round, but I didn't like the stoppage. I think you let that go a little longer. However, Salido had him out and it was only a matter of time. You gotta feel good for Salido, as he's been a hard luck fighter his whole career. He never seemed to catch a break, or step up at the right time. But he's champ now, so good for him. Hopefully he doesn't test positive for a banned substance this time, like he did last time when he won the title. What a night of fights. Could that be a candidate for upset of the year?

I didn't agree with the stoppage either.

you gotta let the champ go out on his shield
caneman
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 16 2011, 11:20 PM) *

Stoppage too fast but Juanma would have been gone in the next 30 secs IMO
BigG
I dont know, Lopez was getting fucked up man but the ref should have let it go longer because Lopez was punching back...

WHAT A NIGHT
HaydelHammer
Great fights tonight...EXCELLENT
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Oh for sure, I agree Lopez would have been gone in 30 seconds. However, I would have liked to see those last 30 seconds to have finality on the fight. Great win for Salido though, and who knows what's next for him. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he give Gamboa a tough fight last year? Who knows, maybe he can get a rematch there if Gamboa gets nothing lined up.

On a side note, could you imagine Manny Steward and Gus Johnson calling a fight together? lol, that'd be interesting.
HaydelHammer
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A NIGHT

caneman
66 DOWN THE LINE? HOWWWWWWWWWWWWW?
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 17 2011, 12:27 AM) *
Oh for sure, I agree Lopez would have been gone in 30 seconds. However, I would have liked to see those last 30 seconds to have finality on the fight. Great win for Salido though, and who knows what's next for him. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he give Gamboa a tough fight last year? Who knows, maybe he can get a rematch there if Gamboa gets nothing lined up.

On a side note, could you imagine Manny Steward and Gus Johnson calling a fight together? lol, that'd be interesting.

they'd both be yelling OH MY GOD when the water bottles started getting thrown.
The CEO
FUCK YOU, Bob Arum...

Phhheeeewww....how are we supposed to sleep after all this??
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
hahaha for sure....they'd both be screaming over the crowd too. That was good shit tonight. They say boxing is dying, but fights like those tonight will keep it around forever.
PR316
They'd minus well have done Gamboa and Lopez based on this.

Chris John and Gamboa is the fight to be made at 126.
HaydelHammer
I recorded both of the fights b/c I though I'd be out....glad I stayed home to see them live. WHAT A NIGHT.

Lopez need to take care of that divorce....that shit messes up your head for real.
caneman
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 16 2011, 11:37 PM) *
I recorded both of the fights b/c I though I'd be out....glad I stayed home to see them live. WHAT A NIGHT.

Lopez need to take care of that divorce....that shit messes up your head for real.

Yea true but without better skills his chin will never hold up!
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 17 2011, 12:39 AM) *
Yea true but without better skills his chin will never hold up!

true dat.

time to re watch these fights again. LOL
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 17 2011, 12:30 AM) *
FUCK YOU, Bob Arum...

Phhheeeewww....how are we supposed to sleep after all this??

LOL exactly. 2 upsets in one night, plus Morales rebirth and the Japanese victory over Kirkland is making this year seem like 2002 again.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 17 2011, 01:09 AM) *
LOL exactly. 2 upsets in one night, plus Morales rebirth and the Japanese victory over Kirkland is making this year seem like 2002 again.

lol...oh yeah...that was a a multi-faceted FUCK YOU if there ever was one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.