Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THE "Khan is KRAP!" CARAVAN
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
SENTRAL
I want to be part of this movement. Sign me up for the caravan of hate.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 23 2011, 09:14 AM) *
LMAO... I would never be so quick to bank on a a fighter with only 11 kos making someone cry, especially guys who have survived bigger power and in the case of Zab-- he went deep with Cotto and and big strong Clottey??? yet a fighter with only 11 KOs stops these guys and make them cry... LOL I also feel Khan handles Bradley and easier than most think

I did not say The Coffin would stop either. He will beat the crap out of both. One or the other (or both) may quit like Alexander did, from claustrophobia.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 23 2011, 09:56 AM) *
I will only address this part of your post, Ollie, since it is obviously directed at me.

Bradley never stops coming with combos that Maidana has never even dreamed of having in his arsenal. Maidana is tough as nails. So is Bradley. The difference is that Bradley is like being trapped alive in a coffin six feet under. There is nowhere to go. You can fight all you want but you are surrounded and you are just going to die slowly, in that confined space.

You would rather it ended quickly, less painfully, less horrifically, less the claustrophobia.

Khan and Judah will both be reduced to tears if they are trapped in the ring with Tim The Coffin Bradley.

Just ask Alexander how "feather fisted" The Coffin is.

Khan and Judah's best chance is a DQ.

I don't think Bradley's power made Alexander quit. More the other factors that you've mentioned, pressure etc. He didn't look like a ruined fighter afterwards.

I can see Bradley pressuring guys and so forth but this kind've emotive 'horrifically' nonesense, sorry but I don't associate those kind of words with Tim Bradley. Not so much you Beardo because I know you're quite cosmoplitan in your tastes but if Bradley was European he would be derided on this site as being crude, one dimensional and having limited skills.

Me I'm hoping for the dreamed of double KO.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 23 2011, 05:35 PM) *
I don't think Bradley's power made Alexander quit. More the other factors that you've mentioned, pressure etc. He didn't look like a ruined fighter afterwards.

I can see Bradley pressuring guys and so forth but this kind've emotive 'horrifically' nonesense, sorry but I don't associate those kind of words with Tim Bradley. Not so much you Beardo because I know you're quite cosmoplitan in your tastes but if Bradley was European he would be derided on this site as being crude, one dimensional and having limited skills.

Me I'm hoping for the dreamed of double KO.

Death by 1,000 paper cuts is horrific, Ollie.

I like The Coffin. I like Ward and Froch and Maidana and Pavlik and Kotelnik. Hard workers. Solid professionals while all are crude in their individual ways.

Boxing is crude. That's why I watch it. Even at its most beautiful, it is essentially crude.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 23 2011, 02:49 AM) *
I was the same but CEO pointed out to me that its not about liking his opponents, its only about hating Khan and being on the right side of the fence when he gets his inevitable face-smashing!

Just climb aboard and let the hate flow.

Maybe if someone could start a Bradley Bash Bus (now that CEO's Berto Bash Bus has reached it's destination bang on time) I could join both. That way I can watch the fight relaxed in the certainty that whomever loses the hate wagon has done its job.

A draw would send me into apoplexy.

Hey when is the date for Degale to smash Groves? That must be coming up soon.
gravytrain
Alexander took Bradley's best shot and barely got wobbled. power isn't an advantage for him. what he does have is an aggressive style and enough skills to use it. a fighter that consistently works the jab, gets off his power shots and can parry or slip your shots is going to be frustrating especially when he's always infront of you looking to fight.

mexi-cutioner
FAGGOTS! THAT BIG-HEADED OOMPA LOOMPA IS GONNA GET HIS ASS WHOOPED

AMIR KHAN ALL DAY BABY!!!!!!!!

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 24 2011, 05:14 AM) *

Why do all them sluts look like they're 2 months pregnant? Cut out the malt liquor and the weed and do a fuckin situp bitches.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 24 2011, 05:52 AM) *
Maybe if someone could start a Bradley Bash Bus (now that CEO's Berto Bash Bus has reached it's destination bang on time) I could join both. That way I can watch the fight relaxed in the certainty that whomever loses the hate wagon has done its job.

A draw would send me into apoplexy.

Hey when is the date for Degale to smash Groves? That must be coming up soon.

Your a very bad man Oliver
gravytrain
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 24 2011, 08:14 AM) *

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 24 2011, 08:48 PM) *

Yeah...that's more like it. thumbsup_anim.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 22 2011, 10:31 AM) *
William . . . I mean Maxy . . . that is some powerful hate right there . . . powerful enough for a nasty old hobo to tag along.

One of the multiplying factors in my resuscitated hate of that sideways cunt mouthed, dick nosed hemaphrodite motherfucker is the way s/he mimics Pac. Every time I see that shit I want to snap every limb that s/he has.

Thank you Maxy. What the fuck was I thinking?

Hating Khan should come naturally to everyone...it makes perfect sense to Hate him.

Everything about him warrants it...

Way to be, Beardo...

THE "Khan is KRAP!" CARAVAN SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO, BigG, lloyd mayflower, KookedKrack, RyanTical, gravytrain, happygocampy, STEVENSKI, JONdaCON817, thisneverworks, JLUVBABY, The Ring Dictator, HaydelHammer, Nay_Sayer, Maxy, SmartyBeardo

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 22 2011, 10:22 PM) *
I totally respect your opinion, and anyone for that matter who shows some knowledge. I honestly believe Khon has zero chance against Bradley, okay maybe a 1% chance. I knew Tim would not look good against Devon, and its so funny to see so many change their tune after that performance(not implying you). Me personally Bradley has impressed me with his fights in recent years. To me he keeps improving as is better than most give him credit for. Tim can and will match everything Khan does. The BIG difference is the chin departmant and like some have stated about "man vs. boy". Bradley just has the better mental make-up.

The only reason Khon withstood Maidana because he was gassed and is pretty slow an crude to begin with(though Maidana is not that bad of a fighter like some suggest). Now I give Khon some credit for he did show toughness, but just imagine if Khon was in there with someone else at that point, he would have bit the dust. Bradley is way faster and is more skilled he will be getting to Khon's chin way more often. He(Tim) definitely does not have Maidana's power, but with his pressure and Khon's chin and lack of defense, it spells disaster for Amir.

Hahaha....Zab Judah!? He has finally got a semi-decent win and now he beats Bradley? No way, Bradley easily disposes of him in the mid rounds. Zab would never see the final bell. Geez, who has Zab beaten to give you this idea? His last win over someone I never heard or seen before with a bunch of losses? What's that dudes name?

We all saw what Prescott did to Khon. We all saw what Maidana did to Khon when he was stumbling around the ring for a few minutes looking all drunk. And there was that other dude who clocked Khon earlier in his career and Khon had the ref help him. The bottom line is Bradley will stop Khon.

Nice coverage, L-L...I especially like the part where you rebuke his survival against Maidana...but I can't give Khan ANY credit for that fight...NONE...not impressed

If he DOESN'T duck Bradley, I will break it all down to the point where it will convert all non-believers...

Let's put it this way...like you...I've had my eye on this matchup for so long and am so confident in the pick, I will be laying $1000 on Bradley if it comes to pass...

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 22 2011, 10:50 PM) *
Can I join the caravan after the Bradley fight? My dislike of Bradley is so intense that I would get no joy in watching him beat Khan. I would prefer Amir to get past him and then take on Manny at 147 and get shown his ass. That would amuse me greatly.

Can't do that, TORFC....no halfway or straddle Hating is allowed on this one...lol...besides, The Caravan will retire after Bradley buries him.

MAN I hope they fight...
The CEO
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 23 2011, 03:49 AM) *
I was the same but CEO pointed out to me that its not about liking his opponents, its only about hating Khan and being on the right side of the fence when he gets his inevitable face-smashing!

Just climb aboard and let the hate flow.

That's it...Hate Khan and will him to lose ASAP...that's all you gotta do, Ollie....

QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Apr 23 2011, 01:30 PM) *
I want to be part of this movement. Sign me up for the caravan of hate.

lol...I can't believe it...SENTRAL joining an HV?....good for you...

You will soon find that Hating is where it's at...

THE "Khan is KRAP!" CARAVAN SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO, BigG, lloyd mayflower, KookedKrack, RyanTical, gravytrain, happygocampy, STEVENSKI, JONdaCON817, thisneverworks, JLUVBABY, The Ring Dictator, HaydelHammer, Nay_Sayer, Maxy, SmartyBeardo, SENTRAL

Bienvenue...lol
The CEO
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 24 2011, 08:31 AM) *
Why do all them sluts look like they're 2 months pregnant? Cut out the malt liquor and the weed and do a fuckin situp bitches.

lol...I refuse to take in low quality Rap music/videos...not so much for the chicken dumplin's...but because it reminds me of why my once favorite genre of Music died...

I have a better question though...why is Mexi-cutioner such a nuthugger?...lol...that's shit's embarrassing.
Spyder
I loved his amateur style in the Olympics, but that shit has no place in a Professional boxing ring. I'm all in bro!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 25 2011, 08:33 AM) *
lol...I refuse to take in low quality Rap music/videos...not so much for the chicken dumplin's...but because it reminds me of why my once favorite genre of Music died...

Ain't that the sad truth. Rap music up until around 1995 was all that was right in the world. Even until 2000 or so, there was still more good than bad.

Now I'd rather listen to country.

QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 21 2011, 08:16 AM) *
I never had no bad feeling towards certain people at one time. Things change. September 11th the towers came down....there were a handful, maybe 8 Muslims in my workplace. These fellas were jumping up and down in ecstasy as the tragedy unfolded. I was livid, fuckin' seething.

July 7th when the tube was bombed...same fuckin' story, people high fiving each other, laughing, celebrating. I got done for that one cos I couldn't hold back.

Burning poppies, marching the streets to condemn our troops (as their bodies are carried past), sponging off the state and branding us as baby killing infidels. Ahhhhh, I can't just say, "oh it's OK, freedom of speech" and all that shit. There are areas in England where a white fella ain't safe.

Thing is, I hate him because he's a deplorable human being, despicable and grotesque in character. He's been spoon fed to us and then he has the audacity to claim he'd be a superstar if he was white. I don't need to support an arsehole like that...he's known by the fuckin housewives over here, the kids know who he is but a fighter I respect, who happens to be white, is only known by the hardcore followers of boxing. So how does that stand up when Carl Froch is unknown yet Khan claims he'd be a superstar if he was white? Fuck it and fuck him.

This post had me seething with hatred for Amir Khan. I'm thinking he celebrated 9/11 as a young puke. I mean, he probably actually did.

CEO, thank you for your extended offer to join the caravan at a later date, but I think I'm going to be purchasing my ticket now. Seeing as it's your LAST hate vehicle ever (is this because of the site change or are you just retiring?) and seeing as how this cocky prick is a hateful little maggot more deserving of such a hate vehicle than any other living human, I want to be a part of the celebration July 23. I don't like Bradley. I think he's a nerd with a stupid giant ugly face. But I will root for him on this one night to do the caravan's righteous bidding.

All in.
D-MARV
Bradley is turning down a 1.3 million dollar offer to fight Khan.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 27 2011, 08:20 AM) *

He should take whatever for the fight and beat that ass for him and then he is set...not smart turning down his biggest payday IMO!
JD
Supposedly he would rather take less from Shaw to face someone else.

Right, wrong or indifferent - if Bradley turns the fight down, he will also be turning down the HBO date...because Khan is the one HBO will keep the date for, not Bradley.
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 27 2011, 11:21 AM) *

Right, wrong or indifferent - if Bradley turns the fight down, he will also be turning down the HBO date...because Khan is the one HBO will keep the date for, not Bradley.

Well it's wrong ain't it? How can he go from saying he really wants the fight, to getting a good offer and turning it down?

No excuse for that.

Khan will get all the plaudits now. Who the fuck wants to see that happen?

Thank you Timothy Bradley. You've just gone a made things a whole lot worse with your pathetic bottle job.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 27 2011, 09:20 AM) *

wtf man
gravytrain
QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 27 2011, 12:28 PM) *
Well it's wrong ain't it? How can he go from saying he really wants the fight, to getting a good offer and turning it down?

No excuse for that.

Thank you Timothy Bradley. You've just gone a made things a whole lot worse with your pathetic bottle job.

how much did he get for Alexander? if it's about the same amount i think he just wants more money. this is the problem with guys like Bradley getting 7 figure paydays, he's no draw and no real fan base but he can take that last payday that's 1.2 million or whatever he got for Alexander and say he wants close to 2 for a fight with Khan.

Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 27 2011, 11:20 PM) *

Wow.

Where is the source for this?
Fitz
Nevermind.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/04/ami...ley-almost.html

The much-anticipated light-welterweight match-up between Britains’ WBA champion Amir Khan and America’s WBC and WBO titleholder Timothy Bradley is close to completion. It is rumoured that terms between the two fighters over a July 23rd showdown are almost agreed and just an improved offer to Bradley will seal the fight.

Khan, 24, is somewhat famous for his opponents complaining about the terms they are offered and it seems even a two-belt world champion has issues with the contract put to him. The 27 year-old unified champion is already pencilled in for the summer date and promoter Gary Shaw may sign his fighter up for a defence of his titles, if he and Khan Promotions cannot agree terms.

The 2004 Olympic silver medallist has already expressed his delight at agreeing the fight on his side and after his recent bad experience defending his title against Paul McCloskey in his home country, will be relieved to have a fight finalized on foreign soil.

“Desert Storm” Bradley on the other hand is keen to make the fight and it is thought that the problems that have arisen should be ironed out in time for an announcement to be made in the next few days. The bout should take place in California or Las Vegas, with the winner standing to gain all three world title belts.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 27 2011, 06:09 PM) *

i hope it happens. Bradley has been complaining about money a lot so i figured it's the same shit different fight.
Fitz
Bradley is a true athlete and professional. But he is very bland, and why he isn't in high demand.
BigG
Khan about to get his ass beat...
D-MARV
I wish Bradley had as much confidence as you and others! He should take that 1.3 and rape Khan for 6 rounds before stopping him.

TheFonz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 27 2011, 09:49 PM) *
I wish Bradley had as much confidence as you and others! He should take that 1.3 and rape Khan for 6 rounds before stopping him.

Bradley won't stop Khan, he just going to make him quit. There's a difference.
neophyte7
I am taking Khan... too tall and better than people think. Bradley surprisingly gets a real spanking!!!
King Eugene
I just cant hate on Khan. I want to say he'll whip Bradley. He's long and can box from the outside. Thing is can he hold Bradley off? Thats what I'm not so sure about. I think Khan has enough power to drop Bradley when he comes in letting off combos which will also leave him open to counter shots. Hell Kendall Holt was able to.....twice. I'm sorry but I think Roach will come up with the perfect gameplan to beat Bradley. Crazy thing is I actually like both fighters. I hope Zab gets the winner so we can have ONE undisputed Champ in the division.
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 25 2011, 11:00 AM) *
I loved his amateur style in the Olympics, but that shit has no place in a Professional boxing ring. I'm all in bro!

No DOUBT...he's probably the highest rated, most amateurish Pro today...which means he's overrated, right?...lol

That's what "Hating" in Boxing is all about...some people take it literally...as in hating the human being...but what it usually means is "having a strong negative opinion" of a fighter...recognizing that they aren't as good as many people think.

For me, The Hatred begins with how and/or who they fight...then, it is strengthened (OR lessened) by their dealings, persona, superfans, et cetera et cetera...

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Apr 25 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Ain't that the sad truth. Rap music up until around 1995 was all that was right in the world. Even until 2000 or so, there was still more good than bad.

Now I'd rather listen to country.

This post had me seething with hatred for Amir Khan. I'm thinking he celebrated 9/11 as a young puke. I mean, he probably actually did.

CEO, thank you for your extended offer to join the caravan at a later date, but I think I'm going to be purchasing my ticket now. Seeing as it's your LAST hate vehicle ever (is this because of the site change or are you just retiring?) and seeing as how this cocky prick is a hateful little maggot more deserving of such a hate vehicle than any other living human, I want to be a part of the celebration July 23. I don't like Bradley. I think he's a nerd with a stupid giant ugly face. But I will root for him on this one night to do the caravan's righteous bidding.

All in.

Do you sing along to Blake Shelton's "Honey Bee" when you're in your ride?

LMAO!

I did that just yesterday...it's crazy how you change nearing 40, ain't it...

And for the record, I'm only retiring from creating or running HVs...I will always be a part of them....could end up being be a Jay Z retirement if some other punk comes along though...lol

Anyway....you're IN, Spyder is IN, and it is ON!

THE "Khan is KRAP!" CARAVAN SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO, BigG, lloyd mayflower, KookedKrack, RyanTical, gravytrain, happygocampy, STEVENSKI, JONdaCON817, thisneverworks, JLUVBABY, The Ring Dictator, HaydelHammer, Nay_Sayer, Maxy, SmartyBeardo, SENTRAL, Spyder, Big Slim Sweet
The CEO
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 27 2011, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 27 2011, 11:12 AM) *
He should take whatever for the fight and beat that ass for him and then he is set...not smart turning down his biggest payday IMO!

QUOTE (JD @ Apr 27 2011, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 27 2011, 12:28 PM) *

No excuse for that.

QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Apr 27 2011, 03:57 PM) *

wtf man

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 27 2011, 04:09 PM) *
how much did he get for Alexander? if it's about the same amount i think he just wants more money. this is the problem with guys like Bradley getting 7 figure paydays, he's no draw and no real fan base but he can take that last payday that's 1.2 million or whatever he got for Alexander and say he wants close to 2 for a fight with Khan.

It's only a little more than what he got for Alexander...some people are jumping to conclusions...I personally don't pay attention to negotiations anymore...this is a typical, modern day negotiation.

I pay attention to what each fighter's History is, and what eventually ends up happening...

Khan is notoriously cheap and protected...this could simply be another lowball play from them in conjunction with HBO to prevent Khan's ultimate derail...

Now...if I cared and wanted to stay on top of this shit, I would want to know how much Khan is getting, and what Gary Shaw's hand or role in this is....that dude is The KING Of The Assholes.

because in the end, Tim Bradley has proven he is anything BUT a ducker.....maybe in some alternate universe he is...one where Khan doesn't run and hold and keeps stepping up...instead of going backwards and licking his wounds against a McCloskey.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 28 2011, 12:09 AM) *
Bradley is a true athlete and professional. But he is very bland, and why he isn't in high demand.

Sums up Bradley quite nicely. He's probably the most boring personality I've seen in a while.

CEO, is this really your last HV?
Mean Mister Mustard
So is Bradley merely posturing or is he sticking to his guns on this one? If he deosn't fight Khan, then who's available for him? Kotelnik? Maidana?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 28 2011, 04:58 PM) *
So is Bradley merely posturing or is he sticking to his guns on this one? If he deosn't fight Khan, then who's available for him? Kotelnik? Maidana?

i think Khan made him a low offer and Bradley wants more. i don't know if it's true or not but on a site they were saying Khan usually lowballs people, if it's true then i could see it being what held up the fight. i think they'll make the fight though because it's a good fight for either one of them to take it up to WW afterwords.
PR316
I always felt Khan was overrated. He gets by on his size and speed but I'm actually amused at how much he's lacking in skill. If he was such a great boxer, why couldnt' he keep Maidana at bay?? Looks like a fighter who doesn't know what he's doing in there to me.

I've gone back and forth in my mind on how a fight with him and Bradley would go, but I'm feeling pretty sure now that Bradley would beat him, and probably stop him late. No he's not as powerful as Maidana, but he's more skilled, faster, and Khan doesn't have the skill or smarts to avoid Bradley's punches. Timmy's just a better fighter. Too skilled and too tough for Khan. Its gonna be man vs boy in there.
RyanTical
If Megamind... err, Timothly Bradley, is holding out or actually ducking Amir Khan for a mandatory, more power to him. He would win via head bash regardless.
mexi-cutioner
LOL ur boy Bradley's bitching out. Scared to face a REAL WARRIOR IN AMIR KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMIR KHAN BABYYYYYY BEST 140 POUNDER IN THE PLANET WEOOOOOOOOOO

watch two of the best doin' work
ViperSniper
Career high or not, if Bradley turned down 1.3 million to fight Khan, it may be because Khan would be getting a ridiculous amount more than that figure offered to Bradley? Khan is known for gettin significantly more than his opponents!

In terms of this match up it's so hard for me to pick. I keep going back and fourth with both their past fights with Holt and Maidana. Holt was able to drop and hurt Bradley in the first and last round of their fight, and like Holt, Khan has solid power. Although Maidana has a massive edge over Bradley in power, Bradley has a massive edge over Maidana in skills. Maidana's pressure gave Khan all he could handle and with Bradley's skills and ability to slip, his always able to find himself on the inside at his opponents chest. With a very busy workman like workrate this spells drama for Khan's outside game!

I rekon both have shown enough interest for this fight not to happen.
Fitz
That said, I personally feel Khan should get significantly more than all of his past opponents, and significantly more than Bradley. Khan has appeal, Bradley does not. I know it doesn't sound fair, but that's how boxing works.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know the split between Khan and Bradley?
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 29 2011, 11:47 AM) *
That said, I personally feel Khan should get significantly more than all of his past opponents, and significantly more than Bradley. Khan has appeal, Bradley does not. I know it doesn't sound fair, but that's how boxing works.

Khan should get more than all his opponents to date, including Bradley as he has been the bigger draw than the rest, because he is a bigger draw, but not to the extent he apparently demands. But maybe an 'unfair' amount would have been a better suited word than 'significant' amount. From what I read, Khan is extremely 'greedy' when it comes to negotiating as it's slowly becoming a reputation of his based on what recent opponents have claimed after his bouts. The guy offers very minimal cash to his opponents as the purse splits are ridiculously favored on his side.

So when people claim Bradley is in some way ducking Khan or doing the wrong thing because he turned down a career high 1.3 million, I'm not so quick to take that same thought, as maybe that figure is infact tiny in comparison to what Khan is demanding in return.

If Bradley was offered 1.3 million, I'm now curious to see what Khan would have been getting!
caneman
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 29 2011, 10:23 AM) *
Khan should get more than all his opponents to date, including Bradley as he has been the bigger draw than the rest, because he is a bigger draw, but not to the extent he apparently demands. But maybe an 'unfair' amount would have been a better suited word than 'significant' amount. From what I read, Khan is extremely 'greedy' when it comes to negotiating as it's slowly becoming a reputation of his based on what recent opponents have claimed after his bouts. The guy offers very minimal cash to his opponents as the purse splits are ridiculously favored on his side.

So when people claim Bradley is in some way ducking Khan or doing the wrong thing because he turned down a career high 1.3 million, I'm not so quick to take that same thought, as maybe that figure is infact tiny in comparison to what Khan is demanding in return.

If Bradley was offered 1.3 million, I'm now curious to see what Khan would have been getting!

Good points and I am sure Khan would be getting way more than that and it is a unification match but not sure how many cards Bradley can hold, we'll see what happens I guess!
PR316
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 29 2011, 06:47 AM) *

I don't think Khan should get that much more than Bradley, though.

Tim is more experience, has fought better opponents, and is undefeated. And overall he has impressed MUCH more than Khan.

And Amir is not really a big superstar either. He's that not that much more well known than Tim in America.

It should be like a 60-40 or 55-45 split. Neither guy is even close to a Pacquiao or Mayweather superstar level.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 28 2011, 07:28 AM) *
Do you sing along to Blake Shelton's "Honey Bee" when you're in your ride?

LMAO!

I did that just yesterday...it's crazy how you change nearing 40, ain't it...

LMFAO. Not Blake Shelton but sometimes I have trouble getting that 'Oo-oo oo-oo stuck a like glue' song out of my head.

40 on Sunday. Fuck it, I'm old.
gravytrain
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 29 2011, 11:23 AM) *

Bradley is getting 1.2 million regardless next time he fights, it's part of the deal he got from HBO for fighting Alexander. the hater in me wants to say his sorry ass should take the money since he's lucky to be making that much for being a fighter with no draw locally or domestically. but when you think about it 1.2 for fighting the milk man and 1.3 for fighting Khan doesn't seem right, if i was Bradley i'd tell them i want more money since i hold the WBC and WBO titles, beat Alexander and am now facing somebody like Khan.

personally i just want to see them fight but i think the big issue is HBO giving out deals like this. getting on their network should be privilege, they shouldn't be kissing anyones ass. especially the asses of Don King and Gary Shaw.
The CEO
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 28 2011, 10:46 AM) *
Sums up Bradley quite nicely. He's probably the most boring personality I've seen in a while.

CEO, is this really your last HV?

Only the last one I'm creating...and ofcourse, we have that OTHER thing waiting in the wings... grin.gif

btw...I read your article the other day...strong stuff as usual...made me drop a few anonymous comments in there...lol

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 28 2011, 04:58 PM) *

He tried to fight Maidana before the latter fought Khan you know...but Maidana backed out.

I think Maidana or Kotelnik would be a step back for him at this point...not nearly as shameful as Khan's McCloskey back step was though....

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 28 2011, 08:17 PM) *
i think Khan made him a low offer and Bradley wants more. i don't know if it's true or not but on a site they were saying Khan usually lowballs people, if it's true then i could see it being what held up the fight. i think they'll make the fight though because it's a good fight for either one of them to take it up to WW afterwords.

Yeah...there's all kinds of speculation...bottom line is Bradley has paid his dues and been calling everyone around his weight for the past year...he's a Unified Champion and a recognized P4Per...he wants the money he deserves now...as lukewarm as the Alexander fight turned out to be, it was billed as THE fight at 140...

What's next?...Bradley-Khan is supposed to be THE fight at 140 now...he wants BIG money...not slightly more money, and rightfully so...

Considering the timing...I think Bradley may also be waiting for a Mayweather or Pacquiao call...

QUOTE (PR316 @ Apr 29 2011, 01:06 AM) *
I always felt Khan was overrated. He gets by on his size and speed but I'm actually amused at how much he's lacking in skill. If he was such a great boxer, why couldnt' he keep Maidana at bay?? Looks like a fighter who doesn't know what he's doing in there to me.

I've gone back and forth in my mind on how a fight with him and Bradley would go, but I'm feeling pretty sure now that Bradley would beat him, and probably stop him late. No he's not as powerful as Maidana, but he's more skilled, faster, and Khan doesn't have the skill or smarts to avoid Bradley's punches. Timmy's just a better fighter. Too skilled and too tough for Khan. Its gonna be man vs boy in there.

Definitely...wanna roll with The Haters one time, PR?
The CEO
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 29 2011, 04:08 AM) *
LOL ur boy Bradley's bitching out. Scared to face a REAL WARRIOR IN AMIR KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMIR KHAN BABYYYYYY BEST 140 POUNDER IN THE PLANET WEOOOOOOOOOO

watch two of the best doin' work

Mexi...if you're NOT joking, I want you to know that YOU'RE the reason people Hate your favorite fighters...

This bum's for you.

QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 29 2011, 05:54 AM) *
Career high or not, if Bradley turned down 1.3 million to fight Khan, it may be because Khan would be getting a ridiculous amount more than that figure offered to Bradley? Khan is known for gettin significantly more than his opponents!

In terms of this match up it's so hard for me to pick. I keep going back and fourth with both their past fights with Holt and Maidana. Holt was able to drop and hurt Bradley in the first and last round of their fight, and like Holt, Khan has solid power. Although Maidana has a massive edge over Bradley in power, Bradley has a massive edge over Maidana in skills. Maidana's pressure gave Khan all he could handle and with Bradley's skills and ability to slip, his always able to find himself on the inside at his opponents chest. With a very busy workman like workrate this spells drama for Khan's outside game!

I rekon both have shown enough interest for this fight not to happen.

I have a feeling things will get sorted out, or Mayweather gives him a shot...

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 29 2011, 06:47 AM) *

I disagree with that and somewhat agree with PR...

QUOTE (PR316 @ Apr 29 2011, 01:59 PM) *
I don't think Khan should get that much more than Bradley, though.

Tim is more experience, has fought better opponents, and is undefeated. And overall he has impressed MUCH more than Khan.

And Amir is not really a big superstar either. He's that not that much more well known than Tim in America.

It should be like a 60-40 or 55-45 split. Neither guy is even close to a Pacquiao or Mayweather superstar level.

Bradley is The Unified Champion at Light Welter and a Top 10 P4Per...I think 50/50 is appropriate due to Bradley's lack of selling power over here...and like you said, Khan is really only a name in The UK...

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Apr 29 2011, 11:30 PM) *
LMFAO. Not Blake Shelton but sometimes I have trouble getting that 'Oo-oo oo-oo stuck a like glue' song out of my head.

40 on Sunday. Fuck it, I'm old.

LOL!....that may be worse than mine...what a cheesy, girly song...lol

You missed my 40th earlier this month...I've started a baby aspirin and fiber regimen...

Have a great day tomorrow, bro...

drinks.gif
caneman
I didn't hate caravan cause I didn't think he was worth the time but add me man...FUCK KHAN FOREVER...I HOPE HE ENDS UP IN HAMMED LAND!
The CEO
BOOM!

and Cane becomes the 20th Caravan Man...that's most everyone who posts here...lol

THE "Khan is KRAP!" CARAVAN SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO, BigG, lloyd mayflower, KookedKrack, RyanTical, gravytrain, happygocampy, STEVENSKI, JONdaCON817, thisneverworks, JLUVBABY, The Ring Dictator, HaydelHammer, Nay_Sayer, Maxy, SmartyBeardo, SENTRAL, Spyder, Big Slim Sweet, caneman

friends.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.