Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather at Foxwoods Tonight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
RyanTical
Think Mayweather was hoping for a Berto win in order to initiate a future challenge? ...Guess he'll have to settle for Victor Ortiz or sit out another year. And yes, I am aware that I answered my own question.

Any speculation?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
No, I don't think he was looking for future opponents. Nobody truly knows what he has in store, but I thought I heard he was looking at Spadafora awhile back for this summer. Of course anytime Floyd shows up at a fight, people want to speculate. If he still owes taxes to the IRS, as it is a new year, you bet your ass he'll be in that ring against somebody. I wouldn't mind seeing him in with Ortiz.
thehype
Berto was next.
kidbazooka1
Mayweather/Ortiz would be good fight but i doubt that would happen.
leonthegee
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 17 2011, 01:06 AM) *

Ortiz is part of GBP I could easily see that fight being made.
leonthegee
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 17 2011, 01:06 AM) *

Ortiz is part of GBP I could easily see that fight being made.
neophyte7
Ortiz would get bludgeoned... but it would be exciting until PBF stops him
salvador
Floyd won't be getting in the ring with Ortiz until Ortiz proves that he's a draw in his next fight. Floyd's not going to post low PPV numbers before negotiating with Pac.

Floyd's kind of fucked here because I honestly see Pac fighting a couple of guys at 140 after Mosley - why wouldn't he cash in on some easy/hype-able fights before ending his career with Floyd?

You could almost guess that Maidana-Ortiz 2 could get made at 147 because you know it would sell and is probably the least risk with the most upside for Ortiz - and possibly the biggest paycheck Maidana could expect.
Method
Mayweather at Foxwoods Tonight, Scouting Opponents?

Sleep over at Fifty's.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2011, 09:30 AM) *
I didn't think that I could care any less about PBF, but after last night (and last weekend) I can't remember what PBF stands for. He used to box, right?

Spot on...he is that p4p guy right?
salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2011, 09:30 AM) *
I didn't think that I could care any less about PBF, but after last night (and last weekend) I can't remember what PBF stands for. He used to box, right?

I think he was famous for boxing strippers.
caneman
To whoever said it...if PBF is such a draw, why does it matter who he fights? Oh you mean that all those PPV's might have been cause of another fighter too...wow who wold of thought huh?
caneman
lmao, I could add some words but I don't wanna be playa hatin and shit!!!
Big Slim Sweet
I'll add em Cane. The first thought that came to my mind was Punk Bitch Faggot, but I'm sure we can get more creative than that.

And yeah, since when does it matter who he fights on PPV? I thought he'd get a million buys just for a sparring session and flashing some winning lotto tickets at the camera?

Seriously, the day this guy announces his return to the ring is the day I start thinking about him as a fighter again (i.e. thinking about him at all, short of seeing his name on this message board). Outside of his past life as a gifted boxer I can't think of a whole lot of people less interesting.
jvo1800
u know i am really getting sick and tired of people talking down on Floyd. Let the man be who he is and if u dont like him stop watching him box, stop watching his youtube videos, stop watching his segment on 24/7, etc. etc. All of the i.r.s. talk is crazy cause if he really had money problems like that half of his shit woulda been gone. Now im not saying he dont owe, but what does that have to do with boxing????? Most celebrities owe back taxes anyway, so what else is new??? Just like Mike Tyson once said in a famous interview "If you dont like the way im talking turn off your station." Last time i checked he was undefeated, so let the man live the lifestyle he wants and quit hating and being jealous. By the way i hope Floyd wasnt there to see if Berto or Ortiz is gonna be his next opponent cause he would beat the shit outta either one.
caneman
Let the man be who he is and if u dont like him stop watching him box

When is he boxing though bro...he wanted this hate and he gets what he wants! Most will never say things about his boxing, he has mad skills! Face it, when you say your better than SRR and haven't hardly had a Dick Tiger career, some peeps might talk some shit on you no?
jvo1800
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 17 2011, 11:58 AM) *
When is he boxing though bro...he wanted this hate and he gets what he wants! Most will never say things about his boxing, he has mad skills! Face it, when you say your better than SRR and haven't hardly had a Dick Tiger career, some peeps might talk some shit on you no?

People gotta understand that these athletes are human beings too and us as fans or viewers seem to forget that they are not put here to always please us. Dude has four kids, a new fiance, and legal issues so he is taking his time with his career. Plus unlike most boxers who totally depend on a boxing purse to survive Floyd already said without boxing he still generates 20-30 million dollars a year, so i dont think he's that anxious to fight anymore.An inactive Floyd is still the best fighter in the world point blank period, so i dont see what all the fuss is about. Now i admit that i do wanna see Floyd fight more often, but people also gotta understand the business side of things too Floyd is in a totally different league than the rest of the fighters in the sport. He's picking and choosing the biggest payday fights from now on cause he has built a reputation for having the the best ppv numbers and he doesnt wanna fight good fighters with little or no ppv attraction to their name.
caneman
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 17 2011, 10:17 AM) *
lmao, I could add some words but I don't wanna be playa hatin and shit!!!

Fuck it, I am going back to this! Nuff said by me in this thread!!!!!!
jvo1800
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Let me know when he comes outta retirement (Spadafuknfora don't count).

I don't care how much money he does or does not have. I don't care how many kids and women he has (as long as he does not abuse them). I don't care where he goes, what he does, what he wears . . . etc. I especially do not care to speculate on what someone I care so little about is going to do or not do. I don't give a fuck what he does on YouTube or in his kitchen. I couldn't care less who he marries. I don't care who his friends are.

Unless he is coming outta retirement, I don't want to hear or see the dude, unless it is by accident.

Well thats good to hear cause im getting tired of people bitching and complaining about his personal life like they are forced to tune in. You will know when he's outta retirement when he beats your favorite boxer wink.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 17 2011, 12:35 PM) *
By the way i hope Floyd wasnt there to see if Berto or Ortiz is gonna be his next opponent cause he would beat the shit outta either one.

Hard to understand. But man it would just be nice to see the damn guy in the ring showing his skills. What a waste of talent these last bunch of years for us fans.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 17 2011, 02:36 PM) *
Hard to understand. But man it would just be nice to see the damn guy in the ring showing his skills. What a waste of talent these last bunch of years for us fans.

waste of talent how????? I agree that i wanna see him more too, but boxing isnt this guys whole life and people just gotta get over that. Floyd is my fav boxer but he's made tons of money, he's undefeated, and he's been boxing "ALL" of his child and adult life so its definitely not a waste of talent.......he has put his work in over the years
jvo1800
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2011, 03:29 PM) *
So . . . he's coming out of retirement to fight SMartinez? You've been whacking off to that fantasy of gargling PBF's nutsac too much dude.

If he were to nut up and fight SMartinez, I would give him his due and be there to witness it. If he actually defeated the Middleweight King, I would put him back at the #1 spot on my P4P list.

Sorry man, if you were a fish you would die under water waiting for that shit. I've moved on and so has boxing. PBF might owe back taxes, but he don't owe me (or boxing) a fuckin' thing . . . and I (and boxing) don't owe him the time of day.

lol the whacking off thing was hilarious......but the world already knows Floyd aint going up to no damn 160 to fight Martinez (lets be serious) and who ever expects Floyd to even consider that is a flat out retard. Thats my fault tho for saying he would beat your fav boxer cause i knew somebody like you would bring up a name of somebody thats dangerously bigger than Floyd. Easy pic to go for the big guys........good one wink.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 17 2011, 04:03 PM) *
waste of talent how????? I agree that i wanna see him more too, but boxing isnt this guys whole life and people just gotta get over that. Floyd is my fav boxer but he's made tons of money, he's undefeated, and he's been boxing "ALL" of his child and adult life so its definitely not a waste of talent.......he has put his work in over the years

I said waste of talent these last bunch of years, not his whole career. It's his life and all, but man for someone who proclaims himself the greatest, it be nice to see him on there way more often adding to his resume. But ultimately he is going do what he wants, and it's his life.
caneman
jvo1800
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 17 2011, 03:54 PM) *
I said waste of talent these last bunch of years, not his whole career. It's his life and all, but man for someone who proclaims himself the greatest, it be nice to see him on there way more often adding to his resume. But ultimately he is going do what he wants, and it's his life.

ok i'll give u that, but honestly who is left out there for Floyd to fight besides Manny that will add greatness to his resume without him having to either lose or add 20lbs???
caneman
Fitz
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 18 2011, 06:03 AM) *
Floyd is my fav boxer

Oh really?
Fitz
I don't think anybody in this thread was expecting that.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 17 2011, 06:28 PM) *
Oh really?

thumbsdown_anim.gif i swear everybody on this site is a hater, Floyd doesnt do what everybody wants him to do so he becomes everything in the book but a good boxer. I bet this all comes from the Manny fans who's career resume is no better than Floyd's.
caneman
Got OCD much? You got it twisted around here...I think all Fitz was saying is you didn't have to say he was your favorite! Question though, who got hit with more balls in the chin, you, Rock Hudson or Yogi Barra?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 17 2011, 04:55 PM) *
Got OCD much? You got it twisted around here...I think all Fitz was saying is you didn't have to say he was your favorite! Question though, who got hit with more balls in the chin, you, Rock Hudson or Yogi Barra?

Now you're killin' me, caneman, LMFatAO
jvo1800
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 17 2011, 06:55 PM) *

Nah he was tryna be a smart ass just like you...... when i was just making a point that Floyd is my fav boxer and i can relate to the people who wants him to be more active in the ring and not on youtube. Of course since both of you are retards i cant expect either one of you to be able to read my post and comprehend that
D-MARV
I'm just speculating here BUT...

I believe the plan was to showcase Berto beating Ortiz to lead into a fall showdown with Berto-Mayweather on PPV! Shit came back to bite them in the ass all thanks to Ortiz! I think Ortiz is a potential Mayweather opponent but not now... maybe next year if Floyd doesn't fight Pacquiao. Floyd wILL NOT stay reitred. He'll need some money soon and the only way he can make "real" money right now is to fight! They'll pursue Pacquiao again and if not him then he'll look for another big name/less threat like Cotto.

If Morales can pull in another win... nah, nevermind.
caneman
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 17 2011, 07:01 PM) *
Nah he was tryna be a smart ass just like you...... when i was just making a point that Floyd is my fav boxer and i can relate to the people who wants him to be more active in the ring and not on youtube. Of course since both of you are retards i cant expect either one of you to be able to read my post and comprehend that

I seen and understood every word but you are making even pactards look good meng. 2 fights in 4 years ain't gonna make you better SRR...FUCK NOT EVEN SRL! Skills ain't in question...METAL IS!
jvo1800
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 17 2011, 08:07 PM) *
I seen and understood every word but you are making even pactards look good meng. 2 fights in 4 years ain't gonna make you better SRR...FUCK NOT EVEN SRL! Skills ain't in question...METAL IS!

ok i agree and i personally want him to fight more often, but with his 2 fights in 4 years, who's better than him?????? who's beat him????? who do you think can beat him?????
caneman
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 17 2011, 07:11 PM) *
ok i agree and i personally want him to fight more often, but with his 2 fights in 4 years, who's better than him?????? who's beat him????? who do you think can beat him?????

go ahead think like him...they fight the fights cause you never know!!!
Fitz
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 18 2011, 09:50 AM) *
thumbsdown_anim.gif i swear everybody on this site is a hater, Floyd doesnt do what everybody wants him to do so he becomes everything in the book but a good boxer. I bet this all comes from the Manny fans who's career resume is no better than Floyd's.

Why does it bother you that people criticise him? Also for the record, I hate Manny. But really, you seem to be angry that people don't share the same affection you do towards Floyd. I think it's sweet that you feel this way, but you should also respect other people that perhaps they are not going to share the same emotional feeling you do.
TheFonz
sorry dude, but a "painter" paints, "marathon runner" runs, and a "prize fighter" fights.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 17 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Why does it bother you that people criticise him? Also for the record, I hate Manny. But really, you seem to be angry that people don't share the same affection you do towards Floyd. I think it's sweet that you feel this way, but you should also respect other people that perhaps they are not going to share the same emotional feeling you do.

its not that i want people to feel like me, just give the man his props for being a great boxer. I hear more criticism about his personal life than his boxing skills and to me that is ridiculous. He's a great fighter point blank period and if he is not fighting as much as u want, not fighting who u want him to fight, or whatever else just leave the criticism there. I personally just think its hate because here is a guy that turned boxing into more of a business than just a brutal sport and people just cant deal with that. I even have my own lil criticism about him but im not going all into his tax problems or his uncle going to jail and all that other bullshit and the crazy part is that he is still making people look like fools because they still watch him whether its to see him win or lose they still paid to see it.
Fitz
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 18 2011, 10:46 AM) *
its not that i want people to feel like me, just give the man his props for being a great boxer. I hear more criticism about his personal life than his boxing skills and to me that is ridiculous. He's a great fighter point blank period and if he is not fighting as much as u want, not fighting who u want him to fight, or whatever else just leave the criticism there. I personally just think its hate because here is a guy that turned boxing into more of a business than just a brutal sport and people just cant deal with that. I even have my own lil criticism about him but im not going all into his tax problems or his uncle going to jail and all that other bullshit and the crazy part is that he is still making people look like fools because they still watch him whether its to see him win or lose they still paid to see it.

Oscar was a better businessman, he was the king of it while being a fighter, yet he was still able to fight a lot of guys that fans wanted to see. Being a businessman is just a convenient excuse. Oscar was able to be a businessman and still fight fights for the fans.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 17 2011, 09:17 PM) *
Oscar was a better businessman, he was the king of it while being a fighter, yet he was still able to fight a lot of guys that fans wanted to see. Being a businessman is just a convenient excuse. Oscar was able to be a businessman and still fight fights for the fans.

"i'm a businessman" is just an excuse now. plain and simple. it always gets brought up with a high risk fighter that you'd be making the same to fight as a low risk fighter or shopworn veteran.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 17 2011, 09:17 PM) *

yea and where is Oscar now............ ass beaten into retirement
jvo1800
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 17 2011, 09:42 PM) *
"i'm a businessman" is just an excuse now. plain and simple. it always gets brought up with a high risk fighter that you'd be making the same to fight as a low risk fighter or shopworn veteran.

And by the way i wouldnt quite say that Oscar was a better business man neither cause Floyd became alot richer faster than the golden boy, and Floyd has alot of under cover deals and endorsements that he doesnt speak about
jvo1800
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 17 2011, 09:42 PM) *

and u say ODLH fought the boxers that the fans wanted to see, but who is out there that the fans are dying to see that Floyd aint fighting?????(Manny dont count cause we know what thats about)
Fitz
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 18 2011, 12:00 PM) *
yea and where is Oscar now............ ass beaten into retirement

What does that have to do with anything? He was mid-to late 30's. You do know boxers have a shelf life right?

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 18 2011, 12:05 PM) *
And by the way i wouldnt quite say that Oscar was a better business man neither cause Floyd became alot richer faster than the golden boy, and Floyd has alot of under cover deals and endorsements that he doesnt speak about

What are you talking about? Oscar is richer than Mayweather period. He is the richest fighter in boxing history, so I have no idea what you are talking about getting 'richer' than Oscar, haha. Yes, they are so under cover that you know about them? Haha.
Oscar owns his own promotional company, and was richer than Floyd as a boxer.

I also don't hear too much about Oscar's tax problems. Yes, based on this information, Floyd is clearly richer and a better businessman rolleyes_anim.gif

ViperSniper
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 18 2011, 01:42 AM) *

It's just a way to say "Okay..so I don't want to fight the best anymore, so therefore just leave me alone, please". It's so damn weak when a prizefighter uses this whole 'business' argument to why they are avoiding certain challenges. It's even worse when a fan (who is the last person within boxing who should defend this excuse) brings it up to defend a fighter and make out how 'smart' they're being, like they're name is Arum. This is such a cancerous mentality towards the sport!!
jvo1800
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 17 2011, 10:43 PM) *
What does that have to do with anything? He was mid-to late 30's. You do know boxers have a shelf life right?

What are you talking about? Oscar is richer than Mayweather period. He is the richest fighter in boxing history, so I have no idea what you are talking about getting 'richer' than Oscar, haha. Yes, they are so under cover that you know about them? Haha.
Oscar owns his own promotional company, and was richer than Floyd as a boxer.

I also don't hear too much about Oscar's tax problems. Yes, based on this information, Floyd is clearly richer and a better businessman rolleyes_anim.gif

u still didnt tell me who is out there that the fans are dying to see Floyd fight that he's ducking???? what i meant about the business side is that Floyd isnt that far off from DLH with a much shorter span of major revenue generated. Floyd just started making really huge dollars within the last 5 years but both are in the hundred million dollar bracket but look how fast Floyd got there versus DLH, plus DLH did it with two fan bases from two different countries (Mexican/American) Floyd mainly has the U.S. Lastly 25 million for Wrestlemania, i dont think even DLH ever pulled that off.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Apr 18 2011, 03:50 AM) *
It's just a way to say "Okay..so I don't want to fight the best anymore, so therefore just leave me alone, please". It's so damn weak when a prizefighter uses this whole 'business' argument to why they are avoiding certain challenges. It's even worse when a fan (who is the last person within boxing who should defend this excuse) brings it up to defend a fighter and make out how 'smart' they're being, like they're name is Arum. This is such a cancerous mentality towards the sport!!

Good post, with the bolded being excellent!

Once again another Floyd fan on this board who is so entrenched in his manlove for Floyd, (despite no respect whatsoever for his fans coming back) that he cant accept others opinions on the man. This is MarzB all over again! Floyd fans have a cheek talking about "pacmaniacs". They are in my experience equally irrational.
gravytrain
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 17 2011, 10:09 PM) *
and u say ODLH fought the boxers that the fans wanted to see, but who is out there that the fans are dying to see that Floyd aint fighting?????(Manny dont count cause we know what thats about)

why wouldn't Pac count? i think he was offered 40 million guaranteed for that fight, it could have been 80 million with PPV. he's some businessman to trade that shit for some appearance fees.

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Apr 17 2011, 10:05 PM) *

under cover deals and endorsements, huh? i'd really like to see some stuff on that and not Mayweather talking some trash about making millions a year without boxing. someone making millions a year sitting on their ass doesn't have to fight to pay off the IRS.

jvo1800
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 17 2011, 11:03 PM) *
why wouldn't Pac count? i think he was offered 40 million guaranteed for that fight, it could have been 80 million with PPV. he's some businessman to trade that shit for some appearance fees.

under cover deals and endorsements, huh? i'd really like to see some stuff on that and not Mayweather talking some trash about making millions a year without boxing. someone making millions a year sitting on their ass doesn't have to fight to pay off the IRS.

uhhhh where have you been (blood test) is holding up that fight. And why is everybody acting like Floyd is the only one that supposedly has tax problems????? All kinda athletes and entertainers go thru this everyday some even go to prison, so why is this even news. Millions from Reebok, 24/7 is technically his show, 25 million from wrestlemania, rockstar energy drink, mayweather promotions just to name a few.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.