Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Best Fight If Ever It Happen..Who will Win?...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
..[b]. If Manny Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez ever meet...

i mean...i understand it will be difficult for both of them to move up and move down in weight respectively, but surely if the fight will happen...

...it's gonna be a very good-interesting match up...Who will you pick to win..?.
.[/b]
caneman
Martinez is too big for Pacman!

This fight should be @ 140>>>>>> http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/166691-...f31baebd17b1894
gravytrain
i think the lowest fair catchweight would be 150, anything less than that and it's just Arum turning down the fight. if they fight i'm gonna go with Martinez be it at 150 or 154.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 25 2011, 05:48 PM) *
Martinez is too big for Pacman!

This fight should be @ 140>>>>>> http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/166691-...f31baebd17b1894

I am referring about the weight...not the size...is Margarito smaller than Martinez..?..
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 25 2011, 05:52 PM) *
i think the lowest fair catchweight would be 150, anything less than that and it's just Arum turning down the fight. if they fight i'm gonna go with Martinez be it at 150 or 154.

Yeah... I get you...
D-MARV
This fight won't happen unless Mayweather fights Martinez first!
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 26 2011, 06:05 AM) *

You know that ain't gonna happen then!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Honestly, I see Pacquiao throwing a ridiculous catch-weight out there, like 148-150. I also see Martinez taking it, as he is looking for a big-money fight, and has been calling for one for awhile. Martinez would be way too drained in this fight to get away with that hands-down stuff, and won't have the same speed or agility. I see Pacquiao hitting him with ease, as Martinez won't have any energy. Pacquiao will outwork him, and may even stop him depending on how drained he is. Martinez has been fighting at 160, and there is no way this fight happens above 150. You already know Roach won't let that happen.
JONdaCON817
Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if there was no catchweight at all and Pac asked him to come all the way down to 147... be IMO I see Martinez knoccing Pacs head off... he could deff do the right kinda damage to the body..
caneman
I hope PAC don't even go there...enough with the catch weights!
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 26 2011, 11:16 AM) *
Honestly, I see Pacquiao throwing a ridiculous catch-weight out there, like 148-150. I also see Martinez taking it, as he is looking for a big-money fight, and has been calling for one for awhile. Martinez would be way too drained in this fight to get away with that hands-down stuff, and won't have the same speed or agility. I see Pacquiao hitting him with ease, as Martinez won't have any energy. Pacquiao will outwork him, and may even stop him depending on how drained he is. Martinez has been fighting at 160, and there is no way this fight happens above 150. You already know Roach won't let that happen.

they threw one out before and he didn't take it, he might want a big fight but he's not dumb about it. i don't see him accepting anything lower than 152 and that's pushing it.

unless some real bitchass shit like JCC Jr holding onto the title then fighting Pac at 155 or something happens i could see Pac possibly fighting him at 154 for the MW title. if Pac and Martinez does happen it's going to be a last resort though, Arum wont sign off on this shit until they've nothing left or he starts losing badly.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 26 2011, 07:05 AM) *

Mayweather the ex-boxer?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Gravytrain, I agree it would be a last resort type of deal. However, Martinez is getting old at 36. With his style, one of the first things that goes is the reflexes and quickness. Father time is coming whether he likes it or not, and he will look to cash out. If he is offered a Pacquiao fight at 150, he will suck that weight down if he's 37 years old. I doubt the fight happens though. Pacquiao's next move after Mosley looks like it will be Marquez. After that, who knows. Martinez probably has a better shot to fight Floyd than Pac.
Jack 1000
I agree. Martinez is much too big for Manny and they can't keep doing this catch-weight business. Catch weights make a mockery of weight classes.

Jack
Big Slim Sweet
If JCC Jr beats Zzzzz for Martinez's middleweight title in June he becomes a prime candidate for Manny to fight within the next year.

If Pac beats Junior for Martinez's middleweight title, then maybe, just maybe, this fight might happen in November 2012.

At 155.
D-MARV
People need to leave this fight alone! Martinez is 2 weight classes higher than Pacquiao

Besides, like Slim said, Pacquiao will fight JCC Jr when he decides he wants the middleweight title.
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 26 2011, 04:50 PM) *
Gravytrain, I agree it would be a last resort type of deal. However, Martinez is getting old at 36. With his style, one of the first things that goes is the reflexes and quickness. Father time is coming whether he likes it or not, and he will look to cash out. If he is offered a Pacquiao fight at 150, he will suck that weight down if he's 37 years old. I doubt the fight happens though. Pacquiao's next move after Mosley looks like it will be Marquez. After that, who knows. Martinez probably has a better shot to fight Floyd than Pac.

he already had a chance to take a catchweight fight and turned it down. he might want big money fights but i think he has enough respect for himself to where he's not going to kill himself to make weight or anything like that when he's the real champ at 160.
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Apr 26 2011, 07:52 PM) *
he already had a chance to take a catchweight fight and turned it down. he might want big money fights but i think he has enough respect for himself to where he's not going to kill himself to make weight or anything like that when he's the real champ at 160.

For real plus he could probably stop Bute right now @ 168!!! lol, even if you disagree on that part!
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ Apr 26 2011, 10:03 PM) *
For real plus he could probably stop Bute right now @ 168!!! lol, even if you disagree on that part!

right now would probably be the best time to fight Bute. if Martinez beat him now he'd get him before he gets exposed by Froch or Ward. the problem is he'd never fight anyone at 154 like Cotto, Mayweather, or Pac if he beats a SMW.

if they fight outside of Canada i could see Martinez winning, that aint happening though lol. no way Bute loses at home.
kidbazooka1
Martinez is too much for Manny i don't see Roach or Arum letting Manny get any where near him right now.
caneman
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 27 2011, 12:12 AM) *
Martinez is too much for Manny i don't see Roach or Arum letting Manny get any where near him right now.

Damn right, he is to big & skilled...IMO Mayweather wouldn't even go anywhere near Maravilla @ 154! Plus no more catch weights please...1 from PBF & 2 from Pacman are enough to last awhile! And for the record, I'll say it again...Pacman should fight JMM @ 140 even if it's for no belt!
King Eugene
Martinez blows him out the water!

I'd rather see Martinez vs. Cotto and I also think Martinez blows him out the water too. I still think there should be Martinez vs. Williams III
Lil-lightsout
I have zero interest in Sergio and Pac fighting. I would like to see Sergio move up to 168 and test himself there with some of the decent fighters.

As for Pac, he will need to find a softy in his next fight. He does not want someone too tough after getting murdered by Mosley!
caneman
WOW, lolz! Maravilla should go after Bute right now IMO...I think he could weigh in @ 160 & still beat Bute @ 168.

On Pacman, I think he'll trash Mosley & really after that, there is only Mayweather unless it's Ortiz or Berto & Berto ain't much. So many shit on Pacman about his comp but really, who is he suppose to fight? OTHER THAN JMM @ 140 BUT WOULDN'T MATTER IMO...THESE DAYS HE SMOKES JMM! Really same for Mayweather, he can fight a few guys stated above but unless he wants to make a real statement & go after Maravilla, he has no one to fight either. Really it's sad if you ask me!
TheFonz
I would rather see Floyd vs Sergio than Floyd vs. Pac.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.