Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tribute Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
I just want to take a moment and honor the true heros of this sport... Guys that represent everything this sport stands for!

Let me start of by naming Vic Darchinyan... I love this guy. Vic comes to fight EVERY single time he laces up his gloves. He doesn't care who he's fighting or where he's fighting, he just wants to take people's heads off!

WAR VIC DARCHINYAN!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Erik Morales, dude has balls that's for sure. That last fight was an incredible performance.

Jason Litzau: I know he's my local boy, but how many FOTY candidates has he been apart of. He always aims to please the fans, and never lays down for anybody. He's been in a lot of wars, and even when overmatched against Guerrero, gave his all.

Brandon Rios: He's always willing to fight. Even when he was battered and down in his last fight, he still came forward and took that fight.

I'm sure there are more, but these guys' performances stick out in my mind right now.
lloyd mayflower
Juan Manuel Marquez. My personal favourite active fighter by some distance.

On this board wev been through it a million times, we all know JMM is an absolute warrior
HaydelHammer
The Klitschko brothers. These guys will go down in history as two of the toughest, meanest, most brutal ,vicious and ruthless champions there has ever been. There's no one that can stop them They are Alexander. They are from the cloth of jack dempsey and sonny liston. There is nobody like them. Their style is impetuous and their defense is impregnable. They are just ferocious.
Fitz
Good call on Vic Darchinyan. A true warrior that doesn't care who or where he fights, he just wants the best. No fear of losing, he just has that much pride and confidence, that in his mind, losing is not an option.

Marquez needs to be mentioned as well, and the other guy that doesn't duck anybody and has always fought on comers is Mosley.
Fitz
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 27 2011, 04:34 AM) *
The Klitschko brothers. These guys will go down in history as two of the toughest, meanest, most brutal ,vicious and ruthless champions there has ever been. There's no one that can stop them They are Alexander. They are from the cloth of jack dempsey and sonny liston. There is nobody like them. Their style is impetuous and their defense is impregnable. They are just ferocious.

I know you are taking the mickey out of them, and they don't have the style that describes most 'warriors'. But they represent the sport well, they fight all on comers (even though it's shit) and are true professionals.
Snoop
Michael Katsidis. Give a damn if he wins or loses, dude brings it EVERYTIME.
ViperSniper
Good mentions already.

Vic Darchiniyan - Regardless of how devastating (Doanire), wide (Agbeko), or close (Mares) his loses have been, the guy does not get discouraged one single bit from them and has so much belief in him self and his strengths that he keeps moving forward. The guy bounces back from his defeats like they never took place and learns from them. The guy archived the most in his career after his 1st professional loss to become one of the few Undisputed champions in the sport. The guy fights like every punch is his last punch of his life and even gets upset with himself (close to tears in the past) when he doesn't get the KO!

Juan Manuel Marquez - This guy truly does live up to the word 'Champion'! 'Undisputed Champion'!! The guy is such a intelligent, tough, skilled fighter..I really do think he is close to a complete fighter! The amount of times the guy has found himself on the canvas and has found a way to get back up & fight on or has known better to stay composed when it matters is impressive. One of the few Champions in the world who honors his titles who defends them against his mandatories and also fights the best..even if it means leaping 2 divisions above a weight still new to him!

Shane Mosley - Weather he was coming up, in his prime, a champion, old or shot, the guy has always fought nothing less than the best!! He did others dirty work at times by fighting the fighters no one else wanted to fight. Despite how convincingly he may have lost & outmatched he was against his conquerors, his competitiveness would find himself straight back into the fire in an immediate rematch and even though he never got the wins, he did do better. If his opponent aren't undefeated..they are in their prime and if aren't in their prime...they are undefeated! The guy doesn't know how to take an easy fight...even his tune ups were against good fighters! A gentleman of the sport who goes slightly underrated in all-time rankings! I can say with great confidence the man has had the toughest resume in boxing in recent memory!!
Warlord
King Eugene
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 27 2011, 11:16 PM) *

Enough Said!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 27 2011, 11:16 PM) *

There is the ultimate warrior!!!
SmartyBeardo
edit; The Flinch no longer belongs on this list (still wouldn't have beaten Trinidad at WW though, and yes I am praying to the omnipotent being that he can pull one more off)
JMM
SMartinez
Maidana
Darchinyan
Soto
Agbeko
The Coffin
Salido
The dude who spanked Lepieux
Morales/Barrera
PWill
BHop
RMarq
The Sisters Klit
The Ghost of Holyfield
Froch/Ward
Rios
Angulo
Sonnen drag.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 1 2011, 04:49 PM) *
Sonnen

smile_anim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.