Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Community Boxing Poll And Questions?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Sup All?

As all of you are aware, the struggling economy has forced most of us to cut back a lot of monthly services. This continues throughout the industry of Cable, Dish, and U-Verse Services. Many have cut services from second-party vendors altogether, going back to an Over-The-Air (OTA format only) There have been increases in watching live fights on-line or ordering the good fights through DVD from trusted collectors.

Please vote and comment on how you receive your boxing at this time in the poll. (Check all that apply to you.) I currently subscribe to HBO and Showtime and will be entering the second year of a two-year discounted rate in August through my cable company. The complaints that I get, is that so many people just have either HBO or Showtime for boxing and that their movies suck. How do you think it would be, if subscribers could only order HBO and Showtime fights on a per-fight basis at something like $5.00 per fight? Under this system, you would not have to pay $10-$15 month after month for movies that subscribers might not be interested in watching. Furthermore, instead of paying about $25 every month for both services, waiting for a fight you want to see about every three months, you would be ordering a very reasonable Ala-Carte PPV only for the fights you wanted to watch.

Under this system, it would be $5.00 for the entire card of Boxing on HBO or Showtime per fight, and it would only be for those fights on an On-Demand basis.

Look forward to your comments.

Jack

Administrator
gravytrain
i don't mind having HBO and Showtime, i get just about everything. i'm not on Playboy status like Jluv though lol. i'd order more PPVs but i really don't see the point, most of the cards that turn out to be good are questionable and then the bigger cards can have a shitty undercard and a main event with a nohoper. unless i've people over i don't order PPVs.
King Eugene
I have HBO because my cable came free with my apartment. When I want to PPV or Showtime matches I'll go to a friends or a bar. I cant really complain about cable prices because like I said its included with my apartment rental.
Snoop
Streams and torrents for me. Big PPVs I'll head to a buddy's house.
Sunni6Killer
Option 1 for me.
Ordering just fights on those channels would be interesting option for fight fans, bad news for HBO and Showtime.
I like it the way it is now, I get to see replays of boxing and MMA on ShowtimeExtreme.
JONdaCON817
I have HBO and Showtime at work (Radioshack baby) so i get to stay late, get extra hours, and catch the fights..lol. its a pretty awesome job. but if for some reason i dont feel like stayin late or sitting around in a closed store i head over to the local bar (usually BWW) or if im luccy i find a friend who ordered it and watch it as thier place... my last option is watchin it online off the laptop, not my favorite... i like the ambience of a room full of fight fans (unless of course its the one full of idiots who have no idea what they're talkin about)

##Sidenote: One thing ive noticed is theyre starting to show fights at the Movies.. idkk if this is everywhere or juss here in TX?
Anyways, i was curious if anyone has been able to catch one of these fights on the big screen? is it as exciting as watchin it in a sports bar or restraunt? whats proper etiquette for watchin a fight in a Movie theatre? would you be allowed to cheer and yell??... thatd be like watchin a sporting event in a Library..lol.
HaydelHammer
I have hbo and showtime for boxing only. other than that...I don't even watch the channels.

I PPV only if it's a big fight that I want to see, and I don't want watch a crappy feed from the net.

I'd gladly pay the 5 a month for boxing access on both channels no problem. My cable bill is out of control LOL

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 29 2011, 12:13 PM) *
I have hbo and showtime for boxing only. other than that...I don't even watch the channels.

I PPV only if it's a big fight that I want to see, and I don't want watch a crappy feed from the net.

I'd gladly pay the 5 a month for boxing access on both channels no problem. My cable bill is out of control LOL

I'm with you on the bolded part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.