Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 129
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Warlord
Short break, Aldo hit him a little low with that last kick.
Warlord
Aldo's got his second wind. What a champion.
Warlord
Aldo got the takedown, on top doing damage.
Warlord
Hominick looking like Hasim Rahman in there.
Warlord
This is nasty. It's gonna get stopped.
Warlord
Doctor says its good. Canada in the fucking house! laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Fucking Ontario comission lol.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 30 2011, 11:13 PM) *
Hominick looking like Hasim Rahman in there.

LOL
Warlord
I tell you, Aldo was coming off injury, a long layoff, a hard weight cut, and exhaustion, and look at him. This kid is everything a mixed martial artist should be.
HaydelHammer
Joe said he gonna grow and extra head. LOL
Warlord
Still gonna let him go back in there. laugh.gif
Warlord
Hominick bleeding all over Aldo now.
Warlord
Hominick actually doing damage from top position.
Warlord
Hominick's best round by far.
HaydelHammer
probably intentionally allowing the blood to drip in aldo eyes.
Warlord
The longest fucking minute I've EVER seen in my life. Hominick was fucking working that top position, but it won't be enough. Aldo bagged the first 4. This may have been a 10-8 round, but it won't be enough.
HaydelHammer
I got Aldo UD
Mean Mister Mustard
Warlord, did Aldo have trouble making weight because of the injury or should he just move up?
Warlord
Did I hear it right? One judge had it 50-43? That's unreal.

Anyway, Aldo wins by UD. Tough win.
Warlord
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 30 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Warlord, did Aldo have trouble making weight because of the injury or should he just move up?

I'm not really sure. A mix of both maybe. Aldo just said he had put on too much muscle and taking that off is what made the cut difficult.
Warlord
Such an awesome night. And we still have the main event yet to come!
Warlord
Can Shields pull off the upset?
Warlord
Canadian fans actually being quite respectful of Shields. Haven't heard too much booing as he walks to the ring.
BigG
GSP will win..he's a stronger wreslter and Shields cant fight for shit....he punches like Calzaghe except without the speed
Warlord
St-Pierre getting the better of Shields in the stand up. No shock there. Shields never really going for a takedown, which is surprising. GSP will wipe his ass with Jake as long as it is standing. Jake needs to work for a clinch and try for a takedown.
Warlord
St-Pierre's superman jab is hilariously effective.

GSP fights hunched over with his chin out. One of those awesome Segal front kicks like Silva and Machida threw would probably do some damage.
Warlord
Georges getting a little wide with his punches. No fear of anything Shields brings in return.
Warlord
GSP up 3. As I said, Shields would've been better off fighting Silva at middleweight.

GSP having some trouble with his eye. He seems upset about it. Not sure what happened. Maybe a thumb to the eye? Joe said a knuckle. What does he know.
Warlord
GSP up 4. Don't know when he found the time to get cut.

Ever since he got stretched by Serra, GSP refuses to lay it all on the line and go for it on the feet. He's so damn cautious and patient. He's hurt Shields a few times, and let him off the hook every single time.
Warlord
GSP's eye looking a little swollen. Definitley a thumb to they eye, or some other of Shields's digits.
Warlord
2 judges scored it 48-47. Not sure at all what's going on with the judging tonight. GSP won that shit 50-45.

Georges said his eye was scratched in the 2nd and he couldn't see out of it afterwards.
kidbazooka1
My boy Aldo was not 100% today but what impressed me with him tonight was his head movment he made Hominick miss most of his shots by just standing there and moving his head thats some boxing type head movement you don't see that in MMA.

Though the one thing i've noticed as soon as Aldo took off his shirt was how much more muscle he had and he confirmed that in the interview and that was why he gassed out in the 5th but even at that he outboxed Hominick easly for 4 rds something Hominick thought he couldn't do. Now Aldo just needs to slim down a bit and contunue his dominance.

GSP looked like sh*t against a guy who couldn't throw a straight punch of his life depended on it.

Im pretty sure GSP will stay put at WW you could tell from that interview that he don't want no part of Master Anderson.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 30 2011, 11:27 PM) *
I'm not really sure. A mix of both maybe. Aldo just said he had put on too much muscle and taking that off is what made the cut difficult.

yea you could clearly see he was much more muscular than in his previous fights.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 30 2011, 11:16 PM) *
I tell you, Aldo was coming off injury, a long layoff, a hard weight cut, and exhaustion, and look at him. This kid is everything a mixed martial artist should be.

Wow you've been onpoint latley War. LOL

Despite all that Aldo showed some bad ass skill that is rarely seen in MMA in those 4rds and again his Head movment was a thing of beauty.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 30 2011, 07:39 PM) *
Fuck all those so-called fight fans who aren't watching MMA right now. Fucking elitist retards are missing out on some epic sporting events.

Thanks for doing a great job with the round by round, as always. I've been under the radar for a bit and missed this live. Instead of reading about it, I came here first because I knew it would beat the hell outta anything thrown out there officially.

I 'll be catching the whole thing when I manage to make my way back to the cave.

Sounds like another great fight night. Thanks again.
TheFonz
Lmao, Machida's flying crane kick. That dude made Ralph Maccio proud.
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 1 2011, 08:00 AM) *
Thanks for doing a great job with the round by round, as always. I've been under the radar for a bit and missed this live. Instead of reading about it, I came here first because I knew it would beat the hell outta anything thrown out there officially.

I 'll be catching the whole thing when I manage to make my way back to the cave.

Sounds like another great fight night. Thanks again.

Anytime, bro.

Let me know what you think after you've checked it out. To me it was one of the best cards I've seen in a long time. I'm think the UFC in Rio may even top this, so I can't wait. A great year for MMA.
Warlord
QUOTE (TheFonz @ May 1 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Lmao, Machida's flying crane kick. That dude made Ralph Maccio proud.

That shit was SWEET. I've hated Machida for a long, long time. But after that fucking Crane Kick, I don't know, I think I kinda like the guy now. Without doubt, it is the sweetest fucking strike I've ever seen that actually ended a fight. With Anderson Silva, it was like even he was surprised that shit actually landed. A fluke. Machida set that Crane Kick up and executed. Perfect.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 1 2011, 09:56 PM) *
That shit was SWEET. I've hated Machida for a long, long time. But after that fucking Crane Kick, I don't know, I think I kinda like the guy now. Without doubt, it is the sweetest fucking strike I've ever seen that actually ended a fight. With Anderson Silva, it was like even he was surprised that shit actually landed. A fluke. Machida set that Crane Kick up and executed. Perfect.

No way War i think your hate for Anderson is blinding you better judgment AGAIN.

Machida's kick was good but more of a lets throw this to see if it lands kind of kick though and lets not forget he did it against an almost 50 yr old waaaaaaaaaaaay past his prime fighter who was never a good striker.

If anything Machida's kick was a fluke to me.

Anderson's kick was faster sharper and landed with more power than Machida's. You can see Randy still had the sense to cover up when he went down unlike Vitor who was out of it. I don't see how you can think Machida's kick was better. Im sure even Machida would agree that Anderson's kick was better.
AussieLad
Well, Machida actually gave credit to segal for this one, maybe segals boasting about the Silva kick wasnt all bullshit. Before Machida giving him credit, i thought segal was taking the piss about the anderson vs vitor match
AussieLad
To a certain extent, hominick exosed a chink in Aldo's armour. Aldo really couldnt do anything off his back. Granted, he was coming off an injury lay off, and it look liked the weight cut gassed him. But still, for a world champion JJ exponent, he had nothing off his back. He was just riding the time out, not threatening anything.

Props to hominick for fighting on with a goiter on your forehead. That shit was nasty. Especially when they were pushing the blood out of it in between rounds, the skin completely pulled away from the skull.

Aldo is still top 3 for me though
TheFonz
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 2 2011, 03:30 AM) *
To a certain extent, hominick exosed a chink in Aldo's armour. Aldo really couldnt do anything off his back. Granted, he was coming off an injury lay off, and it look liked the weight cut gassed him. But still, for a world champion JJ exponent, he had nothing off his back. He was just riding the time out, not threatening anything.

Props to hominick for fighting on with a goiter on your forehead. That shit was nasty. Especially when they were pushing the blood out of it in between rounds, the skin completely pulled away from the skull.

I think he was just tired, I'm sure if he were put in the same position in the first two rds he would threatened with subs.
BigG
Randy's fight with Toney meant nothing. it was a joke a fight which Toney didn't even train for

Knew Machida was going to KO Randy

MY P4P

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
St Pierre
Aldo
Torres
Edgar
TheFonz
QUOTE (BigG @ May 2 2011, 06:17 AM) *
Randy's fight with Toney meant nothing. it was a joke a fight which Toney didn't even train for

MY P4P

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
St Pierre
Aldo
Torres
Edgar

While Jon Jones is a specimen, I think you have him up to high P4P. I would rank both Aldo and GSP higher. He honestly isn't much higher than Cain Velasquez, IMO.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 1 2011, 09:56 PM) *

agreed... i deff liked Machidas more. Andersons was a front kicc to the chops. it was suprising but didnt look as good as machidas thats sum karate Kid type ish....

JONdaCON817
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 30 2011, 11:29 PM) *
GSP looked like sh*t against a guy who couldn't throw a straight punch of his life depended on it.

Im pretty sure GSP will stay put at WW you could tell from that interview that he don't want no part of Master Anderson.

I heard in a recent interview that Anderson Silva said he wouldnt fight Jon Jones cuz it wouldnt make sense to move up in weight??... even tho hes fought Forrest and Irvin at 205...

then later he said he'd be willing to go down to fight GSP at 170. hmmm.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 2 2011, 02:30 AM) *

Aldo sick

Looks like Aldo was sick aswell.

yet he still put a bad ass beatin on Hominck for 4 rds.

Big B you got Jones too high bro top three shud definitly be Anderson, GSP and Aldo.
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ May 2 2011, 06:17 AM) *

MY P4P

Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
St Pierre
Aldo
Torres
Edgar

Damn G, you are the biggest bandwagon rider I've ever seen in my life, lol. laugh.gif Jon Jones at 2 is a fucking joke. St-Pierre and Silva are 1 and 2 respectively, whatever order you wanna put them. Aldo is a close 3rd, and only 3rd because his comp record isn't there yet.

Edgar in the top 5 is a joke as well.

As for James Toney, he trained his ass off for that fight. According to him, and according to everyone that was associated with him. He just got handled, pure and simple.
Warlord
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 2 2011, 05:42 PM) *
I heard in a recent interview that Anderson Silva said he wouldnt fight Jon Jones cuz it wouldnt make sense to move up in weight??... even tho hes fought Forrest and Irvin at 205...

then later he said he'd be willing to go down to fight GSP at 170. hmmm.

Of course Silva won't go up to fight Jones. He's suddenly best buddies with Jones, just like he was buddies with Rua and Machida before him. Anderson's always friends with the top dog at 205lbs. It's hilarious to me. He doesn't want to move up to fight the best, but he sure is looking forward to mixing it up with the top welterweights in the world.

Disgusting.

The saddest part of it all is that I think Silva would obliterate Jones. Whatever though. Anderson wants to fight welterweights now, so what can you do.
BigG
Warlord its not bandwagoning Ive thought Jon Jones was one of the P4P for a while. He's the real deal dude.

The Toney win meant nothing because Toney is slow as shit these days! He's fat as fuck he's shot. And I love Toney but with the way his attributes are hes no good for MMA. He's got no explsovieness anymore
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.