Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lol@ boxrec or do they know something?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman

PBF's next fight is Victor Ortiz????

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=352&cat=boxer
gravytrain
i don't like it but i can see them making the fight. it wouldn't surprise me at all. Ortiz will take the fight to Mayweather and Mayweather will just school him. actually i could see Ortiz taking some rounds if Mayweather is rusty.

i think the real question is where it goes from there if the fight happens. if Jerry Jones gives Mayweather a bonus will he say fuck it and take the cutoff? Pac and Mayweather at his stadium will be huge and he knows it. i'm not trying to make a prediction but i think this is setting up for Pac and Mayweather to fight.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 4 2011, 08:19 PM) *
i don't like it but i can see them making the fight. it wouldn't surprise me at all. Ortiz will take the fight to Mayweather and Mayweather will just school him. actually i could see Ortiz taking some rounds if Mayweather is rusty.

i think the real question is where it goes from there if the fight happens. if Jerry Jones gives Mayweather a bonus will he say fuck it and take the cutoff? Pac and Mayweather at his stadium will be huge and he knows it. I'm not trying to make a prediction but i think this is setting up for Pac and Mayweather to fight.

A lot of times Box Rec puts dates out for fights in the future that are unconfirmed. We will have to see if other sites and the media pick this up. Mayweather wins easily. Ortiz does not have the chin or the agility to keep Mayweather from out-boxing him. He needed to recover from bad moments against Berto, who wasn't that good, He won't be able to recover from bad moments against Floyd. It would be the greatest moment in boxing for me if Ortiz were to upset Floyd!!!! Talk about THE YEAR OF UPSETS if that happens!!!!!! If I were Ortiz I would just go balls to the wall and brawl against Floyd. It can't hurt, and would be Ortiz's only maybe 25% chance to land something. Just go for it! He's got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Jack
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 4 2011, 09:19 PM) *

i think the real question is where it goes from there if the fight happens. if Jerry Jones gives Mayweather a bonus will he say fuck it and take the cutoff? Pac and Mayweather at his stadium will be huge and he knows it. i'm not trying to make a prediction but i think this is setting up for Pac and Mayweather to fight.

What stands out to me about it is Mayweather could be possibly fighting a southpaw preparing to possibly fight Pac who is also a southpaw. Then again thats what sparring partners are for. Eh who knows...according to the article he has nothing going on right now though.
thehype
LMAO.

SMH

no2.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 4 2011, 09:43 PM) *
What stands out to me about it is Mayweather could be possibly fighting a southpaw preparing to possibly fight Pac who is also a southpaw. Then again thats what sparring partners are for. Eh who knows...according to the article he has nothing going on right now though.

i was talking more about Jerry Jones wanting to make it happen more than anything. it seems like he's really trying to see this fight happen in his stadium, a fight in his stadium might be incentive to do it. otherwise he would just fight in Vegas.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 4 2011, 09:41 PM) *
A lot of times Box Rec puts dates out for fights in the future that are unconfirmed. We will have to see if other sites and the media pick this up. Mayweather wins easily. Ortiz does not have the chin or the agility to keep Mayweather from out-boxing him. He needed to recover from bad moments against Berto, who wasn't that good, He won't be able to recover from bad moments against Floyd. It would be the greatest moment in boxing for me if Ortiz were to upset Floyd!!!! Talk about THE YEAR OF UPSETS if that happens!!!!!! If I were Ortiz I would just go balls to the wall and brawl against Floyd. It can't hurt, and would be Ortiz's only maybe 25% chance to land something. Just go for it! He's got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Jack

yeah, i'm going to wait on this one. the fight coming up before his legal situation is over is really suspicious.
JONdaCON817
I live in Arlington, right across the street from the stadium (I can see it lookin out my bedroom window).. if pac and may fight in the stadium that'd be amazing... I deff think if they do fight that'd be the place... you can easily fit 80,000 ppl and possibly up to 100,000... that's big money needless to say.
caneman
Does anyone know who owns this site and where they are from? Their P4P rankings kill me almost every time I look @ it!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ May 7 2011, 12:51 PM) *
Does anyone know who owns this site and where they are from? Their P4P rankings kill me almost every time I look @ it!

yeaa i juss took a look at that... thats pretty comical..

ya kno i started to type all the ones i thought were udderly ridiculous but as i continued i noticed i was damn near typing the complete list.. smh.
caneman
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 7 2011, 01:41 PM) *
yeaa i juss took a look at that... thats pretty comical..

ya kno i started to type all the ones i thought were udderly ridiculous but as i continued i noticed i was damn near typing the complete list.. smh.

I hear you...I mean it's a useful site but many things on the front page is crazy and very comical IMO!
mexi-cutioner
if it happens this is a very appealing fight and would definitely generate tons of interest. Ortiz had an amazing showing vs. Berto, but unless Mayweather has slid off the grid more than expected since the Mosley fight, like most ppl I expect Floyd to win...but will b rooting for Ortiz lolol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.