Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More allegations against Mayweather Jr.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Byrd Man
annnnnnnnnnd another one. I'd love for someone who's a fan of Floyd to come in and defend this. This is more than poking a finger at someone, this is threatening to have someone killed, essentially. Or at the very least threats of having them shot.

I'm sure we'll hear from him in his damage control interview/press release on FH any minute now, so maybe it's all a big misunderstanding, and he was really talking about bringing his mediators along to help negotiate the situation, and by "Guns" he meant "peace offerings" lol

LAS VEGAS -- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. is facing new misdemeanor harassment charges accusing him of threatening two homeowner association security guards outside his Las Vegas home.

The charges filed Thursday in Las Vegas stem from an October dispute over parking with guards in the gated community where the undefeated prizefighter lives.

Mayweather's lawyer, Karen Winckler, didn't immediately respond to messages from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Mayweather already faces a September trial on a misdemeanor battery charge stemming from allegations that he poked a 21-year-old guard in the face during a separate argument over parking tickets in November. He also faces unrelated felony charges in a domestic argument with his ex-girlfriend and two of their children last year.

The new charges allege Mayweather threatened the guards after they cited several of his vehicles parked on the street in violation of association rules.

According to a police report, guard Miguel Burgos told police that Mayweather approached him and co-worker Aaron Ryan after they cited the cars and told them not to touch his vehicles.

The guards tried to explain the association's parking rules, but Mayweather said he had 29 vehicles and they didn't need to touch them, Burgos told police.

"I already have a pending gun charge and I don't want any problems, but my homeboys have guns and I'll call them to come over and take care of you guys," Mayweather said, according to Burgos' account. "What do you guys want to do?"

The guards said Mayweather then took the citations and put them on the windshield of the officers' vehicle while laughing, repeating the threat several times and telling them to leave.

Police said the guards left and called police, but told officers they didn't want to press charges. Ryan called police two weeks later saying he wanted to move forward with the case.

Winckler told police in March that Mayweather would not be available for an interview.

Mayweather, 34, is 41-0 in his professional career with 25 knockouts. His last fight was against Shane Mosley a year ago.
King Eugene
Eh.........who gives a shit? Like really though?
Byrd Man
I'm sure a lot of people do. Love him or hate him, the guy is a lightning rod for controversy and conversation instigation.

Also what does it say about Mayweather that he can actually (allegedly) threaten to have someone KILLED, and people just shrug it off like he told someone to fuck off?

Amazing.
neophyte7
YAWWWWNNNNN
King Eugene
Happens everyday...

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 6 2011, 08:39 AM) *
Eh.........who gives a shit? Like really though?

It is attitudes like this that show how far society has fallen from a moral compass standpoint. Because you are rich & black it is OK to threaten to have someone shot by your homeboys.
Byrd Man
Ah well. I suppose this is why he gets away with so much bullshit, because there are so many out there that either lick his ass or just don't care.

Wonder what he has to do to get people to finally say that's enough. If he kills someone, is that enough to make people think hey, this is enough?

Oh well. Guess I shoulda figured this site wouldn't really care. Haven't seen shit on him on here for awhile, aside from the slobbering "interviews".
Byrd Man
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 5 2011, 04:14 PM) *
It is attitudes like this that show how far society has fallen from a moral compass standpoint. Because you are rich & black it is OK to threaten to have someone shot by your homeboys.

I disagree on the "...and black" part, but I think he definitely feels his money allows him to do whatever he wants. And his fame/notoriety as well.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 5 2011, 07:14 PM) *

WTF are you talking about? My response was because every other week you hear something different about Mayweather and hsi legal issues. At first it was interesting but now its "Eh......who gives a shit!" It has shit to do with society as a whole...go somewhere else with that bullshit!
KookedKrack
I like Floyd but there is no defending this, these guys are just doing their job. If he does not like the rules of the association why live there? He could easily buy property elsewhere.
caneman
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 5 2011, 07:12 PM) *
I like Floyd but there is no defending this, these guys are just doing their job. If he does not like the rules of the association why live there? He could easily buy property elsewhere.

True, he needs a huge compound IMO...OTHER THAN THAT FUCK HIM AND....
jvo1800
im known on this site for being a Mayweather lover to some, but i just tell it like it is and all of this is a conspiracy people. Being young, rich, and black people are trying to push him to the limit because of his arrogance and flashy lifestyle. To put it plain and simple they want him broke or in jail. Its a setup to bring him down because he is making too much money "LEGALLY" and nobody can stop him and we all know the stereotype that comes with black people which is a lot them are involved with illegal activities to produce income. Not only is his money legal, but he is the biggest star in boxing and his face is on the screen all the time showing him flaunt his wealth. Do i agree with how he carries himself.......not all of the time but thats his business and his arrogance makes him who he is and its makes him richer, so i say do what you do and get ur money. All of these allegations are just setups to bring him down whether its one of his baby mothers, someone in the boxing world, or the security guards outside of his home.
leonthegee
This sounds like more bullshit to me. Sounds like it's he said he said. And obviously the Las Vegas D.A. has a bone to pick with Floyd. The guys charged with poking somebody in the chest with his finger. How gay is that really? It can't be that serious or he wouldn't be able to leave the state. And I could of sworn I saw him at the Berto-Ortiz fight.
caneman
lmfao...sorry last post in here I promise!

Byrd Man
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 5 2011, 05:39 PM) *
im known on this site for being a Mayweather lover to some, but i just tell it like it is and all of this is a conspiracy people. Being young, rich, and black people are trying to push him to the limit because of his arrogance and flashy lifestyle. To put it plain and simple they want him broke or in jail. Its a setup to bring him down because he is making too much money "LEGALLY" and nobody can stop him and we all know the stereotype that comes with black people which is a lot them are involved with illegal activities to produce income. Not only is his money legal, but he is the biggest star in boxing and his face is on the screen all the time showing him flaunt his wealth. Do i agree with how he carries himself.......not all of the time but thats his business and his arrogance makes him who he is and its makes him richer, so i say do what you do and get ur money. All of these allegations are just setups to bring him down whether its one of his baby mothers, someone in the boxing world, or the security guards outside of his home.

I don't buy that shit. At least not all of it. That attitude IS out there, I'm not going to say it's not. However that's not Floyd's problem. There may be people who are antagonizing him or whatnot, but he brings that shit on himself. He makes himself a target. It's his asshole attitude that causes himself to be a target.

His arrogance didn't make him that money, his boxing abilities did. I don't buy this huge conspiracy to fuck him over. He sets himself up. He puts himself in these positions, and he's too stupid to not fall for people baiting him if he IS being baited.

Case in point, he's got a lawsuit against him for defaming Manny over drug accusations. He's said in the past POINT BLANK (as has his dad and uncle) that Manny was taking drugs, whether it's steroids or "power pellets" or "A-Side Meth" or whatever.

Now, having already had a judge rule against him, he's STILL doing that shit, just in his mind he's being subtle and "Clever" about it, such as telling Ben in the press release here that Shane should just "go back to being the old shane" to make things even. Like nobody knows what the fuck that means, right? Is there a single person out there that has the balls or stupidity to say that's not an accusation of Manny being on PED's? If they do, they have ZERO credibility and should never be allowed to speak on boxing again.

I will give him credit for one thing though. I thought it was kinda slick how he talks up shane while at the same time slagging off Manny when he goes "I think Shane can beat him". His uncle and dad have said the same thing, the unspoken thing being "Manny ain't shit, and this guy I just ran roughshod over a year ago could definitely beat him".

I'll give him credit. That's kinda slick and funny, and I'm sure there are many that don't even realize that's what he's doing.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 5 2011, 05:43 PM) *
This sounds like more bullshit to me. Sounds like it's he said he said. And obviously the Las Vegas D.A. has a bone to pick with Floyd. The guys charged with poking somebody in the chest with his finger. How gay is that really? It can't be that serious or he wouldn't be able to leave the state. And I could of sworn I saw him at the Berto-Ortiz fight.

He didn't poke him in the chest, he poked the dude in the face, near the eye. I think that's a bit much to file a lawsuit over it, but hey...assault is assault. If he gets off of the charges of kicking and beating his ex and threatening the kids, that'll be kinda fucked up, but nothing would surprised me. I mean, shit they keep getting the trial pushed back about a hundred times.... who knows what'll happen. He'll probably get a plea deal where he'll pretend that domestic violence is against what he believes in and he'll do some community service or whatever, and then go slap her again.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 6 2011, 09:27 AM) *
WTF are you talking about? My response was because every other week you hear something different about Mayweather and hsi legal issues. At first it was interesting but now its "Eh......who gives a shit!" It has shit to do with society as a whole...go somewhere else with that bullshit!

I agree I personally am tired of hearing everything about Floyd except who he is fighting. That said I am turning my back on boxing more & more each day because I am sick of it.

What is disturbing to me at least is that people just dismiss his actions (real or imagined) as if it is OK because he is rich & can do what he likes.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 6 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Being young, rich, and black people are trying to push him to the limit because of his arrogance and flashy lifestyle.

Yeah that is exactly what happened to Holyfield because he was young, black, rich & a world champion. Perhaps it is more Floyd's tendency to solve conflict with violence that is leading to these allegations?
D-MARV
Im with Eugene on this... who gives a fuck? Why is this shit just coming out when it apparently went down in October? Mayweather isn't an angel but I doubt HIGHLY that those guards aren't just fucking with Floyd.

And Byrdman, you don't post anything anymore unless it is an attempt to bash Mayweather... Pathetic.

Gamboa gets arrested for beating the shit out of his wife... Make a thread on that!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 5 2011, 06:40 PM) *
Im with Eugene on this... who gives a fuck? Why is this shit just coming out when it apparently went down in October? Mayweather isn't an angel but I doubt HIGHLY that those guards aren't just fucking with Floyd.

And Byrdman, you don't post anything anymore unless it is an attempt to bash Mayweather... Pathetic.

Gamboa gets arrested for beating the shit out of his wife... Make a thread on that!

I've been away from the internet for the most part, due to some health issues I've been dealing with. Has nothing to do with only posting to talk shit about Mayweather.

And I posted in the Rafael/Briggs thread as well today.

And things often come out later after it happens. Dude didn't press charges that day, and they went in two weeks later and decided to file charges. So I guess it didn't come out now until it went a certain degree through the system? I don't know how that shit works.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 5 2011, 08:40 PM) *

And defend fat turd but even you did that! I hate that happened to Gamboa and hope he don't head down the wrong road with his anger!
Byrd Man
I think anyone that puts their hands on a woman, particularly men who are TRAINED to beat the shit out of people, are low class pieces of shit. that goes for Gamboa, Mayweather Jr, and any other fighter that does that. Or any other man that does that.

You can always walk away, get out of the situation. Unfortunately a lot of these fighters come from backgrounds where you can't back down cause your manhood would be questioned, particularly if a woman is trying to harm you. Can't be seen as having been beat by a woman, so they tend to take the wrong path.
Jack 1000
Ah well. I suppose this is why he gets away with so much bullshit, because there are so many out there that either lick his ass or just don't care.

I think this is a good summation. With Floyd, there does not seem to be a middle ground. People either despise him, because of the controversies that he generates outside the ring, or they are kissing the guy's picture because he is such a skilled boxer. The reason why I don't think there is a middle ground is that most who appreciate his boxing skills, dismiss his outside the ring issues or take them very lightly. Those who accuse him of "most money for the least risk" and who hate him for his arrogance, I think many hate him with such disdain, that they just want to see him broken in half inside the ring, or just retire, or fight Pacquiao on the chance, however small, that Floyd will be badly beaten.

The people who want to see Floyd beat Pacquiao are in the minority. The people who want to see Floyd humbled and embarrassed are in the majority, because so many of his outside the ring antics generate controversy. Maybe exaggerated controversy, but controversy just the same.

In so many years of boxing history, Floyd Mayweather may have even surpassed the kind of hatred that the public had for Ali in the 60's because both were arrogant, brash, big mouths, who the world wanted to see any opponent put a fist in them. The difference being that Ali backed up is greatness by fighting the best fighters of his generation. Floyd fought some very good fighters of his generation, but is still criticized for not fighting Pacquiao. Unlike Ali, Floyd, over time, made up excuses for NOT fighting tough fighters, whereas Ali fought tough fighters. which turned his boasting from something hateful to something legendary. Ali talked the talk and walked the walked. Floyd keeps talking and talking and talking and may never do the walking to fight Manny in boxing's most eagerly anticipated superfight in years. The problem is that when Floyd talks now, fewer and fewer people are listening except his most extreme supporters because the Pacquaio fight has not happened and the fans either want him to fight Manny, or shut up and retire.

No middle ground.

Jack
jvo1800
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 5 2011, 09:16 PM) *
I don't buy that shit. At least not all of it. That attitude IS out there, I'm not going to say it's not. However that's not Floyd's problem. There may be people who are antagonizing him or whatnot, but he brings that shit on himself. He makes himself a target. It's his asshole attitude that causes himself to be a target.

His arrogance didn't make him that money, his boxing abilities did. I don't buy this huge conspiracy to fuck him over. He sets himself up. He puts himself in these positions, and he's too stupid to not fall for people baiting him if he IS being baited.

Case in point, he's got a lawsuit against him for defaming Manny over drug accusations. He's said in the past POINT BLANK (as has his dad and uncle) that Manny was taking drugs, whether it's steroids or "power pellets" or "A-Side Meth" or whatever.

Now, having already had a judge rule against him, he's STILL doing that shit, just in his mind he's being subtle and "Clever" about it, such as telling Ben in the press release here that Shane should just "go back to being the old shane" to make things even. Like nobody knows what the fuck that means, right? Is there a single person out there that has the balls or stupidity to say that's not an accusation of Manny being on PED's? If they do, they have ZERO credibility and should never be allowed to speak on boxing again.

I will give him credit for one thing though. I thought it was kinda slick how he talks up shane while at the same time slagging off Manny when he goes "I think Shane can beat him". His uncle and dad have said the same thing, the unspoken thing being "Manny ain't shit, and this guy I just ran roughshod over a year ago could definitely beat him".

I'll give him credit. That's kinda slick and funny, and I'm sure there are many that don't even realize that's what he's doing.

He didn't poke him in the chest, he poked the dude in the face, near the eye. I think that's a bit much to file a lawsuit over it, but hey...assault is assault. If he gets off of the charges of kicking and beating his ex and threatening the kids, that'll be kinda fucked up, but nothing would surprised me. I mean, shit they keep getting the trial pushed back about a hundred times.... who knows what'll happen. He'll probably get a plea deal where he'll pretend that domestic violence is against what he believes in and he'll do some community service or whatever, and then go slap her again.

His arrogance did make him richer because he became a character along side with his great boxing skills. Its just like being a rapper that just raps versus a rapper who is great at rapping but also has a great gimmick to go with it......who do you think would sell more records????? B4 Floyd became extra cocky and arrogant or becoming "the bad" guy of boxing nobody was even talking about anything else but his boxing skills and the result of that was decent purses from fights compared to what his numbers are now. I agree he hasnt been smart enough to stay away from the bait, but you proved my point cause thats exactly what it is BAIT. They dont do this shit to other boxers. He's young, rich, arrogant, and black and they dont like that shit point blank period. His money is legal and they cant do shit to stop it besides set him up to incriminate himself.
Byrd Man
People want to make me out to be some blind Floyd hater, and that's simply not true. I have nothing but the utmost respect for his skills, his conditioning, his athletic ability and his ability to adapt and overcome adversity in the ring. Case in point, the Mosely fight when Shane had him shook in the second round. He adapted and overcame that and went on to shut Shane out. Anyone that doesn't give him respect for that is just a blind hater and there's nothing that Floyd can do that will change that.

Where my issues lie is, as you pointed out, Jack, his outside the ring bullshit. The violence against women, of which there is a sad history of which concerning not just him in his family. The arrogance and disrespect he shows for virtually anyone else out there. Now he is different from Ali, because Ali would talk an insane amount of shit, but he would back it up. He would run his mouth right to someone's face, and then get in the ring and back it up. Floyd, whether you believe it's his fault he didn't fight a handful of the best of the WW division, never did that. And that hurts him. As I said, it might not be fair to Floyd, seeing as how he had other options that were viewed as easier/better/more financially smart, it's just the way it is.

Also, Ali got massive respect from a lot of people, many haters included, when he took a stand for what he believed in and sacrificed his well being and his financial and athletic situation by refusing to go and be drafted. He lost years off his career because he refused to back down from his own core beliefs.

Has Floyd EVER made a stand like that on ANYTHING remotely approaching the importance of what Ali did?

That's why I don't buy when people point to Ali and say "oh they hated him just like they hate Floyd". The eras were completely different, and while people GENUINELY disliked Ali for the "rich and black and cocky" aspect, the environment is not even close to being what it was then, and it insults the experiences of someone like Ali or Jack Johnson who went through GENUINE racism, to compare Floyd to them. Floyd's situation is almost entirely of his making.

He WANTED to be hated, figuring that half the people would pay to see him win and the other half would pay to see him lose, realizing he could make more money that way. And it was a brilliant plan, only he wasn't someone who had the mental makeup that would allow him to deal with that level of antagonism that he experiences.

So he flips out and screams racism at the HBO crew. That's a bitch move, in my opinion. You can't designate yourself the villain and then cry because people don't love you.

Byrd Man
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 5 2011, 07:40 PM) *
His arrogance did make him richer because he became a character along side with his great boxing skills. Its just like being a rapper that just raps versus a rapper who is great at rapping but also has a great gimmick to go with it......who do you think would sell more records????? B4 Floyd became extra cocky and arrogant or becoming "the bad" guy of boxing nobody was even talking about anything else but his boxing skills and the result of that was decent purses from fights compared to what his numbers are now. I agree he hasnt been smart enough to stay away from the bait, but you proved my point cause thats exactly what it is BAIT. They dont do this shit to other boxers. He's young, rich, arrogant, and black and they dont like that shit point blank period. His money is legal and they cant do shit to stop it besides set him up to incriminate himself.

The arrogant aspect is what is his downfall. There's tons of athletes you can point to that are rich and black and young that don't get the backlash he does. If you are a genuine person, if you are polite to people, you aren't treated like this. It's the truth.

And the sad reality is that Floyd refuses to do that. Because to Floyd, as is the case with a lot of people, they view "being polite" on equal terms with "kissing ass" or "selling out".

That's the reason everyone despises Barry Bonds, and yet the same outrage is not leveled at Mark McGwire. Two different people. One was nice to the public, and press. Smiles, signs autographs, gives interviews, and the other is an asshole, who refused to sign a ball for a cancer patient, so the team had to buy an autographed Bonds ball off the internet, and then all of them signed it for the kid.

Which one of those do you think is going to get the more fair treatment from the press, when they fuck up?

The person who's polite and treats others with respect, or the one who is a dickhead?

Look at Jay Marriotti. That guy is a royal asshole from everything I've heard. He makes his living talking down to athletes and playing the moral card on them. Then he gets busted, allegedly beating his girlfriend, and the entire media has a fucking field day on his ass. THAT was more vicious then I think I've seen ANYONE go at Floyd (this side of Stevenski of course).

jvo1800
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 5 2011, 09:34 PM) *
Yeah that is exactly what happened to Holyfield because he was young, black, rich & a world champion. Perhaps it is more Floyd's tendency to solve conflict with violence that is leading to these allegations?

nah i think its a lil deeper with Floyd for some reason because even if some of these things are true i havent heard or read anything that was just straight malicious just small lil encounters that happen everyday
caneman
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 5 2011, 09:44 PM) *
People want to make me out to be some blind Floyd hater, and that's simply not true. I have nothing but the utmost respect for his skills, his conditioning, his athletic ability and his ability to adapt and overcome adversity in the ring. Case in point, the Mosely fight when Shane had him shook in the second round. He adapted and overcame that and went on to shut Shane out. Anyone that doesn't give him respect for that is just a blind hater and there's nothing that Floyd can do that will change that.

Where my issues lie is, as you pointed out, Jack, his outside the ring bullshit. The violence against women, of which there is a sad history of which concerning not just him in his family. The arrogance and disrespect he shows for virtually anyone else out there. Now he is different from Ali, because Ali would talk an insane amount of shit, but he would back it up. He would run his mouth right to someone's face, and then get in the ring and back it up. Floyd, whether you believe it's his fault he didn't fight a handful of the best of the WW division, never did that. And that hurts him. As I said, it might not be fair to Floyd, seeing as how he had other options that were viewed as easier/better/more financially smart, it's just the way it is.

Also, Ali got massive respect from a lot of people, many haters included, when he took a stand for what he believed in and sacrificed his well being and his financial and athletic situation by refusing to go and be drafted. He lost years off his career because he refused to back down from his own core beliefs.

Has Floyd EVER made a stand like that on ANYTHING remotely approaching the importance of what Ali did?

That's why I don't buy when people point to Ali and say "oh they hated him just like they hate Floyd". The eras were completely different, and while people GENUINELY disliked Ali for the "rich and black and cocky" aspect, the environment is not even close to being what it was then, and it insults the experiences of someone like Ali or Jack Johnson who went through GENUINE racism, to compare Floyd to them. Floyd's situation is almost entirely of his making.

He WANTED to be hated, figuring that half the people would pay to see him win and the other half would pay to see him lose, realizing he could make more money that way. And it was a brilliant plan, only he wasn't someone who had the mental makeup that would allow him to deal with that level of antagonism that he experiences.

So he flips out and screams racism at the HBO crew. That's a bitch move, in my opinion. You can't designate yourself the villain and then cry because people don't love you.

good post! I agree!
Warlord
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone find it strange that Floyd refers to himself as "pretty" when he is, in all reality, an ugly motherfucker. I love the dude as a fighter, but as a human he's just a piece of shit. He's always got this petulant look on his face, like the whole world is out to get him.

The bottom line is Floyd is, was, and will always be a little bitch with daddy issues. Period. Floyd, don't blame the world because you hate your father. Just sack up and move on, dude.

And by the way...

Byrd Man
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 5 2011, 07:50 PM) *
nah i think its a lil deeper with Floyd for some reason because even if some of these things are true i havent heard or read anything that was just straight malicious just small lil encounters that happen everyday

Well if the reports of him beating and kicking his ex in front of their kids (and threatening the kids if they went and got the neighbors) is true, that's pretty damn malicious.

A lot of the other stuff, I agree, is kinda petty. Against the law, but still petty.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 5 2011, 10:49 PM) *
The arrogant aspect is what is his downfall. There's tons of athletes you can point to that are rich and black and young that don't get the backlash he does. If you are a genuine person, if you are polite to people, you aren't treated like this. It's the truth.

And the sad reality is that Floyd refuses to do that. Because to Floyd, as is the case with a lot of people, they view "being polite" on equal terms with "kissing ass" or "selling out".

That's the reason everyone despises Barry Bonds, and yet the same outrage is not leveled at Mark McGwire. Two different people. One was nice to the public, and press. Smiles, signs autographs, gives interviews, and the other is an asshole, who refused to sign a ball for a cancer patient, so the team had to buy an autographed Bonds ball off the internet, and then all of them signed it for the kid.

Which one of those do you think is going to get the more fair treatment from the press, when they fuck up?

The person who's polite and treats others with respect, or the one who is a dickhead?

Look at Jay Marriotti. That guy is a royal asshole from everything I've heard. He makes his living talking down to athletes and playing the moral card on them. Then he gets busted, allegedly beating his girlfriend, and the entire media has a fucking field day on his ass. THAT was more vicious then I think I've seen ANYONE go at Floyd (this side of Stevenski of course).

i see ur point, but these allegations are toward people on the street who he feels disrespected him. Name one time where floyd has disrespected a fan or something???? The arrogance is apart of his costume he puts on to sell himself more, but also it comes from the media not giving him his just due for being a great fighter.......if the people wont promote his greatness then i guess somebody else has to do it and that somebody else is him. Tell the truth is Pacman's resume better than Floyd's???? Whether you agree or disagree Pac gets put way at the top and he aint did nothing Floyd aint done but maybe beat the same opponent faster than Floyd. I would be cocky and arrogant too if the world looked past my greatness just to give it to somebody else who hasnt accomplished anymore than i have
jvo1800
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 5 2011, 10:56 PM) *
Well if the reports of him beating and kicking his ex in front of their kids (and threatening the kids if they went and got the neighbors) is true, that's pretty damn malicious.

A lot of the other stuff, I agree, is kinda petty. Against the law, but still petty.

i definitely dont believe the beating of the ex story, maybe a disagreement then argument but they can miss me with that other shit
Byrd Man
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 5 2011, 08:01 PM) *
i see ur point, but these allegations are toward people on the street who he feels disrespected him. Name one time where floyd has disrespected a fan or something???? The arrogance is apart of his costume he puts on to sell himself more, but also it comes from the media not giving him his just due for being a great fighter.......if the people wont promote his greatness then i guess somebody else has to do it and that somebody else is him. Tell the truth is Pacman's resume better than Floyd's???? Whether you agree or disagree Pac gets put way at the top and he aint did nothing Floyd aint done but maybe beat the same opponent faster than Floyd. I would be cocky and arrogant too if the world looked past my greatness just to give it to somebody else who hasnt accomplished anymore than i have

I don't care for Manny and have said so on my blog when I pointed out that he's getting way too much credit for being people Floyd already beat, or is drained or catchweighted. (not a word, I know).

This is what I wrote in relation to that:

http://www.searchingforchetbaker.com/2011/...xing-notes.html

On virtually everyone's P4P list is Manny Pacquiao. While Manny is no doubt a special kind of fighter, I simply don't buy into the hype as much as some of my friends and many of the media do. And while I'm no fan of Floyd Mayweather Jr, I think he does have a point about one thing. Manny's getting way too much credit for beating people Floyd already beat. I don't buy into the steroids nonsense, but this I do.

Let's look at the last few years of Manny's career and analyze things a bit. His past five fights, dating back to December of 2008 are, starting with most recent, Antonio Margarito, Miguel Cotto, Joshua Clottey, Ricky Hatton and Oscar De La Hoya.

Now those are all solid names. Some of them are either Hall of Famers or borderline Hall of Famers. That said, if you really think and pay attention to details, those wins don't really carry as much weight as many would have you believe.

First off, Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton had just been defeated by Floyd Mayweather Jr., Hatton by knockout. Joshua Clottey didn't even bother putting up a fight, and just covered up for most of 12 rounds. Miguel Cotto, who I have enormous respect for, had been absolutely destroyed by Antonio Margarito with what many believe to have been loaded gloves. And Antonio Margarito, once his loaded gloves against Mosely were discovered, he's not been the same fighter, being defeated by Shane, served a year's suspension and then looked lackluster against a nobody prior to the Manny fight.

And Manny's next fight? Shane Mosley, who is 39 years old, and coming off a one sided defeat to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

And then there's the whole catchweight nonsense where he got a title for a 147lb fight,where Cotto wasn't allowed to weigh more than 145.

I'm not saying that Manny isn't a great fighter. I just think people are overreacting to his success as if he's beating people who have never had a glove laid on them before. I realize that his coming up from a lower weight class in his career is the story, and I acknowledge that. I just don't think he's the so-called pound for pound champion for the last five fights, which is what people are basing it on.

Personally I think Sergio Martinez has a better claim to the #1 P4P spot than Manny. Look at Maravilla's recent boxing history: TKO8 vs. Sergiy Dzinziruk, KO2 vs. Paul Williams, avenging a controversial decision loss that many people felt he won, and wins over Kelly Pavlik and Kermit Cintron.

And I don't know anyone that has ever questioned his skills in the media. Has someone on ESPN or HBO or whatever said he sucks as a fighter or he wasn't that good or was overrated? Cause I have never read that.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 5 2011, 10:44 PM) *

i agree that Floyd made himself the villain, but we as people gotta understand the difference between business/entertainment and real life. Floyd doesnt have a problem with being the bad guy "IN BOXING" but when that role spills out into the real world i think thats when the problems start coming into play. People can hate him as boxer, but i think its just people out there who hate him as a person and i do believe people are trying to set him up. He's falling into the traps, but my point is the traps shouldnt be set in the first place. Being booed in a arena, sports analyst talking down on him, and whatever else is cool, but people on the street treating him unfairly is just crazy to me.....i dont care how arrogant he is as a boxer some of this stuff is just going too far
caneman
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 5 2011, 10:01 PM) *

I lied I guess cause I am back posting here! A few points here, I don't see any media not give him his due skill wise but his resume ain't as good as Pac's bro. You have a serious man crush or you are Floyd or 50 or some shit. You need a copy of that Tiger Beat and a pair of Floyd's mannties for real! You could have 6 giant posters to whack it to! Cot damn bitch!

jvo1800
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 5 2011, 11:09 PM) *
I don't care for Manny and have said so on my blog when I pointed out that he's getting way too much credit for being people Floyd already beat, or is drained or catchweighted. (not a word, I know).

This is what I wrote in relation to that:

And I don't know anyone that has ever questioned his skills in the media. Has someone on ESPN or HBO or whatever said he sucks as a fighter or he wasn't that good or was overrated? Cause I have never read that.

its not that they said he isnt good its just he doesnt get the credit he deserves and i believe thats where all of the cocky and arrogant behavior stems from. i think if he was even praised half as much as Manny i dont think he would be as cocky and so much of a asshole
caneman
OMG laugh.gif
jvo1800
QUOTE (caneman @ May 5 2011, 11:20 PM) *
I lied I guess cause I am back posting here! A few points here, I don't see any media not give him his due skill wise but his resume ain't as good as Pac's bro. You have a serious man crush or you are Floyd or 50 or some shit. You need a copy of that Tiger Beat and a pair of Floyd's mannties for real! You could have 6 giant posters to whack it to! Cot damn bitch!

u know if you are a comedian in training i feel sorry for your career, but good luck anyway. Please tell me how Pac career resume is better.......please hurry i am waiting on this shit
Jack 1000
Whether you agree or disagree Pac gets put way at the top and he aint did nothing Floyd aint done but maybe beat the same opponent faster than Floyd. I would be cocky and arrogant too if the world looked past my greatness just to give it to somebody else who hasnt accomplished anymore than i have

I think this goes back to the posts above. Manny shows class and respect to people, which makes him more popular. Floyd is seen as classless and crude as a person and is therefore so unpopular with many people that it becomes hate. However, fighters that were classless and crude outside the ring, could still be "forgiven" when they stepped inside the ring because they had a vicious punch, a KO mentality, arrogance that transcended to excitement. A prime Tyson is a good example of this.

If Floyd was fighting more often than once a year and started kicking ass in the ring with the fights that people wanted to see, he would probably still be an arrogant POS MF to most people as a person, but at least he would be an exciting POS MF because could show that he has taken on all comers in the ring. I hate the catch-weight stipulation BS that BOTH Manny and Floyd have done in the past, and so many other fighters of the modern era doing this shit. It cheapens and disrespects original weight classes.

At least Manny is a classy person who who is actively involved with his boxing and fighting. In contrast, Floyd stages some "retirement." Than waits in the wings for a year, looking for some big name opponent with a vulnerability, just to make sure he can win fairly easily, comes out, pretty much dominates, shoots his mouth off, than disappears for a year. For Floyd, if you aren't even a respectable person outside the ring in the rare times you are even seen getting ready for a fight, this once a year weight game does nothing to elevate your fan-base or status.

However, Floyd is either too dumb, or too blindsided by his own ego to realize that. Floyd's wait a year, fight vulnerable opponent, win easily in most cases, talk shit, hibernate a year, repetitive process is such a tern off. People are sick of Floyd's "routine." Mayweather's personality and persona is so embedded in defining who he is, that these "little games" with him are never going to change, nor the way people view him.

Jack
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 6 2011, 12:31 PM) *
I think this is a good summation. With Floyd, there does not seem to be a middle ground. People either despise him, because of the controversies that he generates outside the ring, or they are kissing the guy's picture because he is such a skilled boxer. The reason why I don't think there is a middle ground is that most who appreciate his boxing skills, dismiss his outside the ring issues or take them very lightly. Those who accuse him of "most money for the least risk" and who hate him for his arrogance, I think many hate him with such disdain, that they just want to see him broken in half inside the ring, or just retire, or fight Pacquiao on the chance, however small, that Floyd will be badly beaten.

The people who want to see Floyd beat Pacquiao are in the minority. The people who want to see Floyd humbled and embarrassed are in the majority, because so many of his outside the ring antics generate controversy. Maybe exaggerated controversy, but controversy just the same.

In so many years of boxing history, Floyd Mayweather may have even surpassed the kind of hatred that the public had for Ali in the 60's because both were arrogant, brash, big mouths, who the world wanted to see any opponent put a fist in them. The difference being that Ali backed up is greatness by fighting the best fighters of his generation. Floyd fought some very good fighters of his generation, but is still criticized for not fighting Pacquiao. Unlike Ali, Floyd, over time, made up excuses for NOT fighting tough fighters, whereas Ali fought tough fighters. which turned his boasting from something hateful to something legendary. Ali talked the talk and walked the walked. Floyd keeps talking and talking and talking and may never do the walking to fight Manny in boxing's most eagerly anticipated superfight in years. The problem is that when Floyd talks now, fewer and fewer people are listening except his most extreme supporters because the Pacquaio fight has not happened and the fans either want him to fight Manny, or shut up and retire.

No middle ground.

Jack

Absolute gem of a post Jack as is the next one of yours. Sums up how I feel about the whole situation.

I appreciate & admire Floyd's skills & think he one of the most skilled fighters I have ever seen. I have never said otherwise on that. Originally i did not like Floyd because I always saw him as a smart arse & like seeing smart arse fighters get beaten. The turning point became after he went to 140 & started to fight a string of average fighters & took the past of (mostly) least resistance.

I know what he has done is smart for his health & least personal risk sure but by doing that he has erased some of that greatness that a fighter of his superior skill & talent should have. Floyd had the potential to be the greatest fighter of all time & I really believe that. The fact that he will not fight Pac & who as the other greatest fighter of this generation puts the icing on the cake. A truly great champion would just say fuck it & fight the man because you know it will be the biggest payday in boxing history.

I think there is some doubt in Floyd as to if he can beat Pac. The type that comes at 3am when you are lying in bed with only your thoughts.
Personally I think Floyd is shit scared of Pac & that is why he has been so vocal in making accusations about Pac. I reckon Floyd would stand at worst a 50/50 chance against Pac & a better than average chance. Pac is at fault here too because he has his own demands.

This is the biggest fight in the HISTORY of boxing & these two CUNTS who won't fight each other continue to play games. Really truly great fighters will fight anyone their weight range & negotiate appropriately but the time they have taken over this they have had enough time for a fucking trilogy. The worst part in this is that these guys have made me start to hate boxing. I hate both of them because they have established their greatness on a fraudulent basis. At least Pac is exciting to watch but it's just a fucking joke but I dislike Floyd a lot more than Pac & would be happy if he beat him.
Hops
I think the Floyd's threat toward the guards were real. However, the guard didn't want to make a big deal out of it. But when he consistently read about Floyd's cockiness, he changed his mind.

And I still think that Floyd should have gotten back inside and scrape the floor, walls, tiles with his ex's trout.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 5 2011, 08:16 PM) *
i agree that Floyd made himself the villain, but we as people gotta understand the difference between business/entertainment and real life. Floyd doesnt have a problem with being the bad guy "IN BOXING" but when that role spills out into the real world i think thats when the problems start coming into play. People can hate him as boxer, but i think its just people out there who hate him as a person and i do believe people are trying to set him up. He's falling into the traps, but my point is the traps shouldnt be set in the first place. Being booed in a arena, sports analyst talking down on him, and whatever else is cool, but people on the street treating him unfairly is just crazy to me.....i dont care how arrogant he is as a boxer some of this stuff is just going too far

I realize he's adopted this "character" as the bad guy. I'm sure there's parts of him that's a good guy, and this entire thing could be a show, although i doubt that.

That said, his problem is that he's blurred the line between character and reality to such a degree that people are unable to differentiate between character and real person. He goes on his ustream, he does interviews, every thing he does is that character.

In order to be able to differentiate the two, you have to be seen NOT being the asshole heel character. And his problem is nobody really sees that part of him. I've heard he's a great father and person when not in front of the cameras. Unfortunately no one can know that because we don't see it.

I mean Ali was a dick, but at least we saw the kinder side of Ali, the funny side and the more human side rather than 100% the asshole derogatory and arrogant side.

Floyd has not shown that to a degree that would allow people to safely presume that it's not the real him that they are seeing.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 6 2011, 09:55 AM) *
I realize he's adopted this "character" as the bad guy. I'm sure there's parts of him that's a good guy, and this entire thing could be a show, although i doubt that.

That said, his problem is that he's blurred the line between character and reality to such a degree that people are unable to differentiate between character and real person. He goes on his ustream, he does interviews, every thing he does is that character.

In order to be able to differentiate the two, you have to be seen NOT being the asshole heel character. And his problem is nobody really sees that part of him. I've heard he's a great father and person when not in front of the cameras. Unfortunately no one can know that because we don't see it.

I mean Ali was a dick, but at least we saw the kinder side of Ali, the funny side and the more human side rather than 100% the asshole derogatory and arrogant side.

Floyd has not shown that to a degree that would allow people to safely presume that it's not the real him that they are seeing.

Very true. I don't really put too much faith in his out of ring antics because I don't pay $54.99 to see his personal life. I can watch that on HBO 24/7 for free.
jvo1800
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 6 2011, 12:55 PM) *

i agree, but i personally think that Floyd is a good dude i just think he does a lot of things that the average person just wouldnt do(flaunt his wealth, disrespect his father,etc.). I dont think he is just a straight asshole like if a fan asked for a autograph he would say "go fuck off" or something. I think the asshole part of him comes out when he feels that somebody is giving him a hard time. I never heard anybody say that he is hard to work with.... or for,plus he is a good father so it basically comes down to we only judge what we can see and when he goes into character mode thats what the world goes off of.
JONdaCON817
There's wayy too many bitches in the world... if some security guard was fuxxin with my car ide charge his ass up too, and my car ain't worth one of floyds headlights..lol. .... I'm sure this niqka was juss pissed that he got another citation.. its like when you get a speeding ticcet.. yea you can pay it but don't nobody want to... I bet he gets harrassed for a bunch of shyt, he juss took it out on the wrong person or ppl... I guess I feel for him cuz I've done my fair share of threating ppl who annoy me.. and rent-a-cops piss everyone off..

On another note if Floyd ever poked me in my chest or got in my face ide fight his ass, undefeated record or not...lol. ide hit em with a couture/toney type shyt... taccle his hoe ass and choke em out!! Then ide ground and pound his unconscious body or break his arm via armbar, that'll teach em!!...lol.

Maybe that's what he needs.. to be humbled by a good ol ass whoopin.. smile.gif
jvo1800
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 6 2011, 12:59 AM) *
I think this goes back to the posts above. Manny shows class and respect to people, which makes him more popular. Floyd is seen as classless and crude as a person and is therefore so unpopular with many people that it becomes hate. However, fighters that were classless and crude outside the ring, could still be "forgiven" when they stepped inside the ring because they had a vicious punch, a KO mentality, arrogance that transcended to excitement. A prime Tyson is a good example of this.

If Floyd was fighting more often than once a year and started kicking ass in the ring with the fights that people wanted to see, he would probably still be an arrogant POS MF to most people as a person, but at least he would be an exciting POS MF because could show that he has taken on all comers in the ring. I hate the catch-weight stipulation BS that BOTH Manny and Floyd have done in the past, and so many other fighters of the modern era doing this shit. It cheapens and disrespects original weight classes.

At least Manny is a classy person who who is actively involved with his boxing and fighting. In contrast, Floyd stages some "retirement." Than waits in the wings for a year, looking for some big name opponent with a vulnerability, just to make sure he can win fairly easily, comes out, pretty much dominates, shoots his mouth off, than disappears for a year. For Floyd, if you aren't even a respectable person outside the ring in the rare times you are even seen getting ready for a fight, this once a year weight game does nothing to elevate your fan-base or status.

However, Floyd is either too dumb, or too blindsided by his own ego to realize that. Floyd's wait a year, fight vulnerable opponent, win easily in most cases, talk shit, hibernate a year, repetitive process is such a tern off. People are sick of Floyd's "routine." Mayweather's personality and persona is so embedded in defining who he is, that these "little games" with him are never going to change, nor the way people view him.

Jack

i understand what you are saying, but a couple of ur points are not accurate. First Marquez's camp wanted Floyd, so if Marquez was vulnerable that was him and his camp's fault for wanting the fight....... Floyd just accepted and dominated regardless of the circumstances. Second Floyd can be who he is, fight once a year, and still do better numbers than Pac. I personally would like to see him fight more often, but people still fail to realize that this dude has 4 fours kids that dont live with him plus his own childhood was virtually taking away from him by big Floyd so boxing isnt always his first priority. Alot of these boxers are still married with their kids in the household so its a lil different for them, and Floyd is not depending on just a boxing check like most of the other fighters in the sport he can go to wrestlemania and make a few million or get a few million from Reebok. Being classless if thats what u wanna call it is whats making him richer besides his great boxing skills because like i said b4 whether ur paying to see him win or paying to see him lose....ur still paying, makes perfect business sense to me.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 6 2011, 03:59 PM) *
Maybe that's what he needs.. to be humbled by a good ol ass whoopin.. smile.gif

For real, you know what that line there just reminded me of? THIS scene in the movie "Crossing the Bridge" (fast forward to 4:00 )

Dude's about to get his toe shot off, and his friend steps in and saves his life possibly, by encouraging the other guy to just beat the living shit out of him. Because "that's what he understands. That's what he needs".

Cause dude in the movie (JAson Gedrick, from Iron Eagle) is like some dude who was always the badass. Who was always fighting people and beating people up. That was how he got off, by punishing other people, often people who weren't really as good as he was.

Great flick and very underrated to me.

Jack 1000
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 6 2011, 06:08 PM) *
i understand what you are saying, but a couple of ur points are not accurate. First Marquez's camp wanted Floyd, so if Marquez was vulnerable that was him and his camp's fault for wanting the fight....... Floyd just accepted and dominated regardless of the circumstances. Second Floyd can be who he is, fight once a year, and still do better numbers than Pac. I personally would like to see him fight more often, but people still fail to realize that this dude has 4 fours kids that dont live with him plus his own childhood was virtually taking away from him by big Floyd so boxing isnt always his first priority. Alot of these boxers are still married with their kids in the household so its a lil different for them, and Floyd is not depending on just a boxing check like most of the other fighters in the sport he can go to wrestlemania and make a few million or get a few million from Reebok. Being classless if thats what u wanna call it is whats making him richer besides his great boxing skills because like i said b4 whether ur paying to see him win or paying to see him lose....ur still paying, makes perfect business sense to me.

Yea, Floyd still draws regardless. Most of us are sitting here waiting for him to be humbled by an ass-kicking or whatever. I think he draws a lot of media attention because he wants the media to think he is a badass. However, there might be a soft side of Mayweather that maybe he doesn't want the media to see. He loves being in the limelight and craves the attention from the limelight.

Jack
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 6 2011, 06:46 PM) *
For real, you know what that line there just reminded me of? THIS scene in the movie "Crossing the Bridge" (fast forward to 4:00 )

Dude's about to get his toe shot off, and his friend steps in and saves his life possibly, by encouraging the other guy to just beat the living shit out of him. Because "that's what he understands. That's what he needs".

Cause dude in the movie (JAson Gedrick, from Iron Eagle) is like some dude who was always the badass. Who was always fighting people and beating people up. That was how he got off, by punishing other people, often people who weren't really as good as he was.

Great flick and very underrated to me.

LMAO... THAT WAS PRETTY DAMN AWESOME. i gotta see that movie now..
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 6 2011, 06:26 PM) *
LMAO... THAT WAS PRETTY DAMN AWESOME. i gotta see that movie now..

Pretty cool flick with a nice 70's soundtrack which was never released. I've had to cobble together the songs individually to make my own though. lol.

01, *instrumental score piece not released*
02. Ten Years After - I'd Love To change The World
03. Credence - Fortunate Son
04. Jackson Browne - These Days
05. Vivaldi - Spring The Four Seasons
06. *instrumental score piece not released*
07. Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath
08. Tony Bennett - The Shadow of your Smile
09. Jimi Hendrix - Wild Thing
10. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - From The Beginning
11. Bob Seger - Til It Shines

The basic premise is in 1975 three friends decide to smuggle some hash across the Ambassador bridge connecting Detroit and Canada. Back then the border guards didn't really give a shit about hash, and would just take it and kick you out back to your country. Or at least that's the logic by the drug dealer (hilariously played by David Schwimmer).

Then they get over there and find out it's heroin, which means a shitload of time, but a helluva payday if they do it and get through.

It's out of print, but if you can find it it's a nice little indie flick.

caneman
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 6 2011, 06:50 PM) *
Yea, Floyd still draws regardless. Most of us are sitting here waiting for him to be humbled by an ass-kicking or whatever. I think he draws a lot of media attention because he wants the media to think he is a badass. However, there might be a soft side of Mayweather that maybe he doesn't want the media to see. He loves being in the limelight and craves the attention from the limelight.

Jack

Agreed & he does need an ass kicking but there is only a small chance that we will ever see it, sure Pacman could do it & if Pacman hurts PBF as bad as Mosley did, he will end PBF but he will never fight that kind fight with Pacman...he will get on his bike and totally stay away & win along the lines of 115-113 & then tell us all see "I told I'd kick his ass all over to ring! I am greater than Sugar Ray" and unless it's the singer he is talking about, he'll be full of shit, cause if you talk skills, hell yes he is in the ball park of many all time greats but when it comes to pushing himself & showing heart & metal he is @ best top 100...sucks cause hypothetically skill wise he is top 10 or better...to bad we'll never know! It's sad cause I would love to say I seen the best fighter of all time but @ this rate I might never even see him fight again!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.