Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao-Mosley Prediction/Preview Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
I'm going with SSM over achieving - Pac SD. I know this is a foolish call but, I just got to go with the guy who has fought everybody to get robbed by Dusty the nearly dead organ grinder's judges. I have called SSM The Flinch for good reason, but he is everything I still love about boxing - putting it all on the line for the whole world to see - no fear.

Take The Little Green Monster to hell with you, SSM. I'm pullin' for you.

Pavlik TKO 7. Pavlik has some shaky patches before the rust comes off and he takes care of business.

Vazquez SD. Arce is going to give Vazquez all he can handle. Arce could take this (year of the upset).

Alvarado UD. Another young undefeated 140 pounder. We might find out something about this kid in this fight.
kidbazooka1
I see Arce putting up a good fight but Vasquez is too young for him at this stage in his career.

Pac/Mosley will be exciting for the first few rds i actually see Mosley hurting Manny ealry in the fight which will cause him to open up and leave himself open. Manny will stop Mosley brutally in the middle rds.
ViperSniper
Close to 40 years old, I don't see how Mosley can be any better than he has shown in recent years. Shane Mosley will have to some how get his timing back for his shots to have an effect on Pacquaio, as all these telegraphed shots will be seen coming. As aggressive as Pac is, he isn't going to be moving forward as Margarito does like some have suggested, he will use his much quicker feet to move in when he can and use his much quicker hands to get off when he can. Mosley may have the power, but it will be Manny's quicker shots that will have more of an effect and not only land before Mosley's..but land much more frequently!!

Mosley in the early years of Welter beats Manny imo. But this is now a bad matchup for Mosley at his age, and Manny will look great against him, hence why he was chosen!

I know Mosley has never been stopped but if Manny doesn't stop him in impressive fashion with his sharper shots by the 5th round or so, the ref or Richardson will do it for Pac.

As Kellerman put it, it's a horrible fight & based on Mosley's warrior mentality is concerned for his safety in this fight!
EAlbian
Mosley will have trouble with Mannys quick feet. SS doesnt move his head and he will be discouraged by round 3. I know the fight would have been way closer in '01 but i still think Manny would have been able to pull it off. I think Oscar with the right game plan could have beaten Pac behind a long jab but i also can see oscar spending too much time on the inside like his first fight with Mosley and losing. I think Pac gives pretty much any fighter at 140-147 from any time period a fight with Robinson, Leonard, and Hearns having the easist time with him. I think a Whittaker fight would be interesting and a Chavez fight would have been all out war. I think Mayweather can beat him soley on being a better boxer and being able to stick to fighting his fight but Pac posses a lot of problems for Mayweather and i think thats why we haven't seen that fight yet.

Pac by 6th rd stoppage
D-MARV
Pacquiao UD... 11-1
JD
Naaz stops it after the 8th.
HaydelHammer
I hope Shane has a black bottle in his corner mixed by panama lewis on stand by b/c he will need it.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 6 2011, 01:34 AM) *
I'm going with SSM over achieving - Pac SD. I know this is a foolish call but, I just got to go with the guy who has fought everybody to get robbed by Dusty the nearly dead organ grinder's judges. I have called SSM The Flinch for good reason, but he is everything I still love about boxing - putting it all on the line for the whole world to see - no fear.

Take The Little Green Monster to hell with you, SSM. I'm pullin' for you.

Pavlik TKO 7. Pavlik has some shaky patches before the rust comes off and he takes care of business.

Vazquez SD. Arce is going to give Vazquez all he can handle. Arce could take this (year of the upset).

Alvarado UD. Another young undefeated 140 pounder. We might find out something about this kid in this fight.

Here are my pics:

Pacquiao UD Mosley around 117-111 on all cards: Mosley might have a couple of good rounds, but once Manny's speed, reflexes, and timing come into play, Shane will just get slower and slower. Manny too fast and too young. I don't think they would have taken this fight, if it was believed Mosley was a huge risk.

Vasquez TKO 11 Arce (War.) This one will be a thriller, best fight of the night. Youth prevails over experiance and Arce almost always loses his big fights.

Lopez SD Pavlik: An upset special. Lopez a little quicker and faster. I don't think Pavlik has it in him anymore.

Alverado UD Narh: Young prospect looks good in potentially impressive win.

Jack
KookedKrack
I'll be rooting for Shane in this but I see this ending a lot like Pac man vs. ODLH.
Sunni6Killer
Pacquiao by 8th round TKO.
Byrd Man
I think if Shane can stop loading up for that big shot, and just let his hands go when he needs to, he could definitely pull it off. He's a strong guy with a lot of heart. He doesn't shrink at the first sign of trouble. To beat Pac he's going to have to stop doing that thing he tends to do and try to wait for a big shot. He's not going to take Manny out with one punch.

If he goes the opposite way and does what did with Mayweather, then Manny will definitely take it.

So it depends on how Shane fights.
BGv2.0
I'm picking SSM by stoppage due to cuts!

BUT....seeing as how I'm laying it all on the line with that pick....I think I'm entitled to a slight back up as long as it still sides with my orginal pick.

If my first senerio does not come to pass....I see Manny winning by a paper thin margin....117-116...115-113...something like that.

I do not see this as being the one sided beat down most see it as.
Jack 1000
If my first senerio does not come to pass....I see Manny winning by a paper thin margin....117-116

That's a strange card cuz of a lot of even rounds there!

Jack
plush
QUOTE (JD @ May 6 2011, 11:27 AM) *
Naaz stops it after the 8th.

LOL...Yeah Naaz...Jump in the ring and say "I love you to much man"....
(just like Buddy)....Please dont let Shane get a beat down!!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 6 2011, 01:20 PM) *
I think if Shane can stop loading up for that big shot, and just let his hands go when he needs to, he could definitely pull it off. He's a strong guy with a lot of heart. He doesn't shrink at the first sign of trouble. To beat Pac he's going to have to stop doing that thing he tends to do and try to wait for a big shot. He's not going to take Manny out with one punch.

If he goes the opposite way and does what did with Mayweather, then Manny will definitely take it.

So it depends on how Shane fights.

Can Shane beat Manny?

If this was prime Shane late 90's-mid 2000 I would say yes, but if it is a contest of faster hands, Shane may be bigger, even now, but Shane can't let his hands go as fast as Manny at this age. He can't move as quick as Manny at this age, therefore he might be forced into looking for one big shot. Do you think he will let Manny off the hook if he lands that big shot, like he seemed to do against Mayweather after that 2nd round?

Maybe.....maybe if the Shane that fought Cotto, in a fight that I believe Mosley won by a point shows up, this could be about as close as it could get. Not enough for Shane to win, but closer than my 117-111 type of scorecard that I predicted. To really have the chance against Manny, Shane would have to time warp back to his Lightweight championship days and welterweight championship days up to and including Delahoya I. That Shane would beat Manny about 8-4 I would say. However, those days are gone. I'll give that Shane a 20% chance of showing up because this has been one of the biggest years of upsets in the sport's history. Logic says that we might get a 40% chance of the Shane that fought Cotto and a 40% chance of the Shane who fought Forrest.

Jack
streetlion1
I think Manny will win by unanimous decision....I am hoping for Sugar Shane to pull off the upset. One thing I do think is Manny cannot hurt Shane...Shane CAN hurt Manny. For Shane to have a chance he is gonna have to make the fight as ugly as possible...dont exchange too much in the middle of the ring...use holding/clinching...inside fighting and bully manny back against the ropes and let his hands go. Attack the body early to try to slow Manny down. I hope Shane can pull it off!
JONdaCON817
What i think will happen: Pac will win by UD.. with Mosely only taking a handful of rounds at best... Most likely gonna be 117-110(Mosely possibly touches the canvas)..

ill be rooting for the underdog.. maybe win by KO due to bodyshots in the middle rounds.. although i think if Mosley does wins that will only make the 'Mega Fight' less of a reality.. Floyd will either ask for more money or give a speech sayin 'why should i fight a guy who just lost to someone ive beaten soundly?'... or something to that affect.
Lil-lightsout
Mosley winning by a savage KO within the first 3 rounds. No joke.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ May 6 2011, 08:10 PM) *
I think Manny will win by unanimous decision....I am hoping for Sugar Shane to pull off the upset. One thing I do think is Manny cannot hurt Shane...Shane CAN hurt Manny. For Shane to have a chance he is gonna have to make the fight as ugly as possible...dont exchange too much in the middle of the ring...use holding/clinching...inside fighting and bully manny back against the ropes and let his hands go. Attack the body early to try to slow Manny down. I hope Shane can pull it off!

Trust me Manny can hurt Shane you'll see tommorow night.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 6 2011, 09:41 PM) *
Mosley winning by a savage KO within the first 3 rounds. No joke.

that would be orgasmic... lol

ide give mosely 6 or 7 rounds at best to still have that KO shot.

i think all hope is lost after 8...
BigG
Manny by TKO

Shane will drop him once but lose in the end

10th round TKO
JONdaCON817
on a side note was that Holyfield fight still set for this weekend?..lol

between that, Pac/Mosely fight, the NBA playoffs and Lady Gaga on HBO, my DVR is gonna be goin NUTS!!!

the lass one was a joke btw....... (unless your names Floyd Mayweather Jr.)
salvador
Interesting odds on the fight.

Pac by decision is +190 and by ko is -160 (odd, as Mosley has a hell of a chin)
Mosley by ko +900 and to win +500
Mosley by decision: +1,600

Given those odds, you could bet:

100 on Pac by decision (by far the most likely outcome) and get $190
90 on Shane by ko and get $810
AND $50 on shane by decision for $800

So, given that Pac is probably going to win by decision, the bet on Pac would pay a net of $50 (after losing $140 on other two bets). But if Shane wins by decision you walk away with $660 and if he wins by ko you get $610.

That feels like a damn good hedge to me.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 7 2011, 10:08 AM) *
Anybody feelin' a SSM v East LA Criminal experience (besides LL)?

Visualize boys (and Sentral). Visualize . . . SSM lands a flush right hand . . . Pac falls back to the ropes . . . SSM is on him like stink . . . left, right left to the body . . . lightning strike left hook as The Little Green Monster drops his right hand to protect his body. . . Pac is out on his feet but the ropes or corner keep him up for a straight right, and another double hook to the body and ear . . . the ref waves it off!

I got Pac by UD but Naaz could have to save him! I was thinking about something that could happen here, in the 1st round a head butt causes a cut on Pac's right eye brow that ain't been opened in years...the fight goes 4 or 5 rounds and they go to the cards and SSM wins 3-2! Hey but if Pacman lets in happened he sure could stop Pacman with some big shots! God thinking about what could happen has me tripping! On the net in general, it would seem close to 40% OR MORE of peeps think SSM will stop Pacman! Very surprising to me!
caneman
I just have to say a few things while watching 360...I love Naaz, he is one smart & cool dude & again SSM is freaking class, I like him & how he thinks!! I am even more excited to see how the 2 styles clash & how it goes does as the fight goes on. Both guys look ready & both seem to have their heads right! Whew! It's gonna be fun!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 7 2011, 01:00 AM) *
Trust me Manny can hurt Shane you'll see tommorow night.

Shane has fought bigger punchers and those guys didn't come close to stopping Shane.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (BigG @ May 7 2011, 01:57 AM) *
Manny by TKO

Shane will drop him once but lose in the end

10th round TKO

If Shane drops Manny, he'll finish him.
Snoop
Put $50 on Shane out of spite.
caneman
lmao Snoop!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 7 2011, 05:55 PM) *
Put $50 on Shane out of spite.

Shrewd Snoop, this works for you both ways for you. Shane wins that's the sweetest 50 bucks you ever spent in your whole life. Shane loses you can just hate Manny more for ripping 50 bucks off of you laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2011, 11:18 PM) *
Shrewd Snoop, this works for you both ways for you. Shane wins that's the sweetest 50 bucks you ever spent in your whole life. Shane loses you can just hate Manny more for ripping 50 bucks off of you laugh.gif

You damn right. If Mosley pulls through, I'm buying the best champagne and strippers that $275.00 can buy. laugh.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got Pac by decision. He's too fast and too good on his feet for Shane. Shane has mentioned all this "African American" style stuff, but dude doesn't even have the sterotypical "black" style. Mosley is not slick, and has never been a great boxer. Mayorga was able to keep pace with him, and Mosley has been known for pressuring opponents and throwing solid combos. Pacquiao's going to move in and out, and use solid angles against Mosley. He'll keep turning Mosley, and Mosley will not be set to let those shots go. He'll get hesitant like he did against Floyd, and just won't let them go. However, if Mosley can go to Pac's body, he can wear him down. Margarito hurt Pacquiao with a good body shot in the 6th round of their fight, and Mosley does have speed to land some shots. I see Mosley having some moments when Pacquiao is laying on those ropes doing nothing. I don't think he'll have enough of these moments to win the fight or win many rounds for that matter. Roach will want Pac to keep moving, and I don't see him trading with Shane. Shane has gotten older, but he will just be a step behind all night. Pride and an incredible chin will allow him to go the distance, but Pacquiao will win a 117-111 type decision.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 7 2011, 06:31 PM) *
You damn right. If Mosley pulls through, I'm buying the best champagne and strippers that $275.00 can buy. laugh.gif

It's good to see you a supporter of 'trickle down' economics laugh.gif I think this plan has universal approval from FH's fellow board members.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.