Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Pacquiao vs, Mosley@9PM (ET)/6PM(PT): SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 8 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Manny has deceptive power. What looks like a jab, turns out to be a dent maker on someone's face.

I agree with that. Manny is a sneaky puncher.

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 8 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Manny will beat Floyd Mayweather by early stoppage. No sentimentality there. This is why the fight wont happen. Mayweather is in a position where he cant fight anybody but Manny. I cant see fans buying a Mayweather fight unless its against Pacquiao. If he fights anybody else, he's gonna catch hell in every interview and he'll likely see a sharp decline in PPV nembers from his last few times out. I doubt the biggest fight since Ali/Frazier 1 will happen.

I see it that way myself. I just think he is too explosive for Floyd. That said if Floyd outboxed him it would be no suprise either.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 8 2011, 01:50 AM) *
LMAO. Shane was straight kissing his ass and Pacquiao didn't even want to take it. Disappointment all around tonight, but this post was the fucking golden. laugh.gif

LOL ....Manny seemed to be more concerned with his leg than shane and his nice guy, kiss ass, tap gloves, here you can sleep with my girl later, passive ass attitude.

after that false knockdown ...mosley demeanor was "hey I know I didn't knock you down...let's tap gloves" Manny demeanor "i'm about to kill this bitch" ....big difference if you ask me.

huggy bear ass shane.
HaydelHammer
I'm about to begin to drink heavily so I can fall asleep. My wife tapped out on this bullshit around rd 5....she knew it was BS , called it and laughed at my dumb ass for buying this shit as she dozed off to sleep.

I wish I was in vegas. I'd intentionally look for shane's old lady and proposition her ass in his face to piss him off but he'd probably just tap gloves with me and give me a fucking hug smiling and shit like Hines Ward.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
It was certainly disappointing seeing Shane deliberately run from Pac and just try to make it 12 rounds. And he seemed to have made this decision by about the 2nd round. I like Mosley I have always pegged him as one of the true warriors, a guy who would be prepared to walk through fire to get to the other side.

For evidence of this you only need look at Arce earlier in the night. A guy like Arce would never have taken this shit, he would've walked forward and looked for the KO or die trying.

Manny for what it's worth looked like he wanted to fight, but Mosley supposedly the bigger stronger guy didn't want a bar of it. Pppff. No I didn't expect Shane to win but I did expect him to go out on his shield.

Manny's decline does look like it has begun though. Just tiny but if you look at Clottey, Marg and Mosley he does look like he is slowing down ever so slightly. That explosive high energy style must be damn hard to maintain.

No way do I think Floyd walks all over him. i think it's a close fight, I'd still favour PBF at this point but this inactivity at his age will be doing him no favours.

Shane retire and spend your spare time trying to convince that hot piece of ass you call a girlfriend not to leave you.
caneman
People can say whatever about how PBF is just in another class or Pacman wins or what the fuck ever but that is the only fight left for both guys & for anyone who thinks anyone @ 140 has something for either guy is crazy as hell! They need to fight each other or retire IMO! THAT GOES FOR BOTH OF THEM, MANNY TAKE THE TEST & SHUT THESE FUCKERS UP AND PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE TAKE PBF'S HEAD CLEAR OFF. I would be so happy that such a low life accusing Pacman of roids has so many great fans believing the shit it's crazy! No matter what, styles make fights & the 2 best fights need to fight, I think Pacman might have looked off enough for PBF to have the balls to fight him! I am outta here I ain't staying up all night talking shit...the undercard was bad ass! Fucker Jorge is a bad ass and it sucks we can't be watching him to many more years! I love that crazy little fucker...he is 115 lbs fighter @ best...the rest of that weight is all balls, don't kid yourself! lolz! Peace y'all, good night!
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 8 2011, 02:14 AM) *
It was certainly disappointing seeing Shane deliberately run from Pac and just try to make it 12 rounds. And he seemed to have made this decision by about the 2nd round. I like Mosley I have always pegged him as one of the true warriors, a guy who would be prepared to walk through fire to get to the other side.

For evidence of this you only need look at Arce earlier in the night. A guy like Arce would never have taken this shit, he would've walked forward and looked for the KO or die trying.

Manny for what it's worth looked like he wanted to fight, but Mosley supposedly the bigger stronger guy didn't want a bar of it. Pppff. No I didn't expect Shane to win but I did expect him to go out on his shield.

Manny's decline does look like it has begun though. Just tiny but if you look at Clottey, Marg and Mosley he does look like he is slowing down ever so slightly. That explosive high energy style must be damn hard to maintain.

No way do I think Floyd walks all over him. i think it's a close fight, I'd still favour PBF at this point but this inactivity at his age will be doing him no favours.

Shane retire and spend your spare time trying to convince that hot piece of ass you call a girlfriend not to leave you.

Solid Post. Agree with all the above.

I'd like to focus on shane bitching out though. It's the theme. Never in a million would I think mosley would be on his bike starting in round 2 before the knockdown might I add and bitch out the way he did. It's almost like he made his mind up then that nothing will work, this dude will catch me with one of his angle knock downs and I need to go into a tampa 2 defense and just try to hold on.

This was evident when you heard brother naz saying you believe me, believe in me, I was right, this happened..etc now believe in me about this....shane is a stubborn SOB but damn...I feel he mentally willed himself OUT of this fight. I can't see how such a decorated champ folds like a tent at times mentally.

The shane we all know and says himself "is always looking for the knockout" his words.....well shane looked like you were collecting a check tonight imo.

caneman
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 8 2011, 01:14 AM) *

I agree especially on keep that ass of hers around, I honestly don't see how he got off it to even train...you just don't need a blue pill to get a jump start for that shit just say honey turn around for a second...bad ass bitch there!
ViperSniper
Mosley is in no way a bitch..which is a fuckin' insult! He just can no longer pull the trigger nor has the killer instinct he once had. The guy is as tough as they come, but just he clearly doesn't have what it takes to continue fighting anymore, specially against top fighters. He put on a horrible performance because he is done and he physically nor in the right state of mind to be competitive in the ring anymore!

I can understand people being let down with the fight, but I'm a little surprised with the negativity towards Mosley. The guy couldn't let his hands go which is disappointing but shit maybe it's because he is old and shot. The dude is close to 40 and hasn't looked good since the Vargas fights & tonight showed it is clearly done and doesn't have it anymore. It was no surprised he was done before hand, just tonight he really showed is age! So why judge a guys entire career and legacy because he put on a horrible performance at the end of his career against the best fighter in the world? The guy didn't throw anything, but did an ok job not getting hit either. The guy is clearly old, shot and done who doesn't have it anymore to pull the trigger therefore should retire..which I could have said well before this fight!

Manny on the other hand needs to stop robbing the intelligence of boxing fans and needs to start acting like a fucking Champion, little own someone who is supposed to be the greatest fighter of all time thumbsdown_anim.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 02:20 AM) *
People can say whatever about how PBF is just in another class or Pacman wins or what the fuck ever but that is the only fight left for both guys & for anyone who thinks anyone @ 140 has something for either guy is crazy as hell! They need to fight each other or retire IMO! THAT GOES FOR BOTH OF THEM, MANNY TAKE THE TEST & SHUT THESE FUCKERS UP AND PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE TAKE PBF'S HEAD CLEAR OFF. I would be so happy that such a low life accusing Pacman of roids has so many great fans believing the shit it's crazy! No matter what, styles make fights & the 2 best fights need to fight, I think Pacman might have looked off enough for PBF to have the balls to fight him! I am outta here I ain't staying up all night talking shit...the undercard was bad ass! Fucker Jorge is a bad ass and it sucks we can't be watching him to many more years! I love that crazy little fucker...he is 115 lbs fighter @ best...the rest of that weight is all balls, don't kid yourself! lolz! Peace y'all, good night!

I agree totally Cane. Manny should take the tests. I've heard that he agreed to the tests, but I've never seen him actually say it. If the does say it, then the ball is in Mayweather's court. Of course, then Mayweather can always ask to see manny's birth certificate.

I think there are no more fights but this one. Its easily the biggest fight of this generation. Manny has beaten every guy they've recently put in front of him. Really there is just one guy left and he's either retired or fighting women or just not interested in boxing. I wonder if Manny's recent success has contributed to Mayweather's lack of interest. If it doesnt come off, then this will be disected time and time again for the next 30 years in barbershops all across the US. I think it would be a tactical error in the legacy of both guys, if they dont make it happen. They each will never be recognized as the best during their era. 2 guys around the same weight class, both very good and both with a claim to be the best P4P guy in the same era of boxing, yet they have not fought each other. Thats a damn shame...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ May 8 2011, 02:27 AM) *
Mosley is in no way a bitch..which is a fuckin' insult! He just can no longer pull the trigger nor has the killer instinct he once had. The guy is as tough as they come, but just he clearly doesn't have what it takes to continue fighting anymore, specially against top fighters. He put on a horrible performance because he is done and he physically nor in the right state of mind to be competitive in the ring anymore!

I can understand people being let down with the fight, but I'm a little surprised with the negativity towards Mosley. The guy couldn't let his hands go which is disappointing but shit maybe it's because he is old and shot. The dude is close to 40 and hasn't looked good since the Vargas fights & tonight showed it is clearly done and doesn't have it anymore. It was no surprised he was done before hand, just tonight he really showed is age! So why judge a guys entire career and legacy because he put on a horrible performance at the end of his career against the best fighter in the world? The guy didn't throw anything, but did an ok job not getting hit either. The guy is clearly old, shot and done who doesn't have it anymore to pull the trigger therefore should retire..which I could have said well before this fight!

Manny on the other hand needs to stop robbing the intelligence of boxing fans and needs to start acting like a fucking Champion, little own someone who is supposed to be the greatest fighter of all time thumbsdown_anim.gif

Good post dude. I have had tremendous respect for Mosley over the course of his career. It does indeed look like the fire is out. His post fight interview kinda summed up what the guy has been. He's a candid guy and he was bluntly honest tonight. No shame in his game. He might be somewhat in denial, but what old fighter isnt? I think Larry Holmes would tell you that he could train for 6 weeks and KO Vitaly Klitschko in July.
kidbazooka1
Mosley has stunk up the place for the third time in row i would have been more impressed had he actually fought got stopped and gone out on his shield but he did nothing whatsoever.

Manny wasn't at his best either but he's such a great fighter that he still dominated Mosley easly.

Marquez despite being 37 yrs old will still give Manny a helluva fight i don't think he'll beat him but he won't punk out like Mosley he'll come to fight and make it iinteresting.
kidbazooka1
Arce/Vasquez put on a war but boy was Arce on tonight or what.

This win definitly puts Arce in the legendary mexcian fighter category. He was hurt yet came back and never stopped throwing brutal shots to the body and head Arce is a beast. Vasques has nothing to be ashamed of he fought a great fight and im sure he'll be back.
hitman
mosley is certainly not a bitch but this is not the first time he has folded either. look at the mayweather, forrest, and winky fights. when he realizes he's not gonna win you can see the discouragement on his face and he kinda gives in. so i'm not really surprised by how he fought tonight. he's got heart but i don't think he's nearly as confident in himself as he lets on. which is probably the reason he tried steroids for the second dlh fight after the forrest loses.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 7 2011, 11:47 PM) *
WE NEED A SHANE MOSLEY HATE WAGON ASAP!

Sign me up.
KookedKrack
Can we get a gloves tapped to punches land ratio on Mosley please.
BigG
Mosley is past his prime but he came in good condition. Still he showed his age against Mora and Mayweather. I know Mora ain't the best fighter to look good against but Mosley's been showing his age in the ring for a while now but he got himself in good condition. Neither did big damage to each other but Manny just outlanded Mosley every round after round 1. Dominant performance. Good fight for Manny but I want to see Manny take on a young lion in his next fight. Someone like Ortiz.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 8 2011, 06:14 AM) *

His girl was PISSED. You know he wasn't getting no ass last night. He'll be lucky if he keeps her around.
Snoop
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 8 2011, 10:58 AM) *
Can we get a gloves tapped to punches land ratio on Mosley please.

Seriously. WTF was that? We need an opponent that isn't kissing Pac's ass before, during, and after the fight.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 8 2011, 08:23 AM) *
Seriously. WTF was that? We need an opponent that isn't kissing Pac's ass before, during, and after the fight.

That is probably the main reason I was raging forget the running it was the way he was so eager to touch gloves yet not eager to throw a fucking punch. When big fights turn out this way it's bad for boxing in general because these are the types of fights that the casuals watch. Does anyone think that a casual fan will become a hardcore fan of boxing after watching that disgraceful performance? I can't believe there are guys in here saying "he wasn't acting like a bitch he just got old". dry.gif

I paid for this fight and I know 54 bucks isn't a lot but I don't like to feel scammed and that is exactly how I felt after this fight. Like we all knew Pac Man would win but fuck Mosley literally kissed ass and acting scared the whole fight gtfo. I can imagine how his son felt watching his dad in the ring acting like another man's bitch.
Method
I havent seen that much running since Morrade Hakkar. And Im dead serious.

Manny was a bit hard on himself. I thought he did a great job of chasing Shane down and cutting off the ring....Shane just did a better (read: more pathetic) job of running.

KookedKrack
QUOTE (Method @ May 8 2011, 10:06 AM) *

Manny was a bit hard on himself. I thought he did a great job of chasing Shane down and cutting off the ring....Shane just did a better (read: more pathetic) job of running.

I'm a well known Manny hater and I don't have nothing to say about him he did all he could he was in there with a guy who would rather give high 5's and run than fight. You can tell the people booing got to him.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Method @ May 8 2011, 10:06 AM) *

lol I'll never forget that shit..hilarious.. fucker was on his bike from rd 1 opening bell then tried to switch it up on hop all of a sudden and trade. LOL funny shit. I'll never forget it.

shane was pathetic last night..fuck the he's old sh*t...you don't RUN as an older fighter...you are old....I can't recall anybody in recent memory who was on their bike from rd two BEFORE they were even knocked down. The knockdown just confirmed he'd be on the bike even HARDER imo after he cleared his head.

Hops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxVQJJSAXyQ
Hops
Packy doesn't stand a chance.
HaydelHammer
cotto didn't punk out like shane did...he ate those wicked counters in a effort to get his shit off.

shane admitted last night live post fight that tarver was right and he wasn't willing to risk vs reward. GTFO here. Basically played it safe to not get blown out KNOWING you hit harder but you just don't want to risk it. incredible.

Floyd if you are reading fighthype like you said you do....it's time to put pressure on water head, call him a sloppy seconds fraud and go ahead and make this shit happen. JMM vs pac is a joke and shane should have been PISSED they were even mentioning this like they were POSITIVE they'd beat him..instead he in there sandbagging tapping gloves cheesing.

I want my 5 back..fuck dat. I hope Jin Mosley cleans his ass out.
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 8 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Definitely FOTY candidate and 2011 FOTY so far, IMO.

I had it for Arce (including the 12th) by 2 points.

I want to publicly thank Jorge Arce and Vazquez. That was simply a beautiful fight. Weren't no glove tapping going on in there. Just classic boxer v fighter blood and guts shit.

I salute you both, especially you Mr. Arce.

Jorge Balls Out Arce. I hope you got laid by SSM's girlfriend last night.

CO-SIGN!!!!!!!
Method
Naazim must be pissed he wasted all that time w Mosley when he coulda/shoulda been in there w Ex. Not that Naaz dont want/need the money, etc, or that he and Ex cant run their shit on autopilot at this point...

...but to take on the task of trying to help a guy, and splitting your time as a result, only to watch the guiy fight like he fought, and then basically say once he tasted the power he bitched out, its gotta be frustrating for Naazim to listen to.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Method @ May 8 2011, 12:30 PM) *
Naazim must be pissed he wasted all that time w Mosley when he coulda/shoulda been in there w Ex. Not that Naaz dont want/need the money, etc, or that he and Ex cant run their shit on autopilot at this point...

...but to take on the task of trying to help a guy, and splitting your time as a result, only to watch the guiy fight like he fought, and then basically say once he tasted the power he bitched out, its gotta be frustrating for Naazim to listen to.

I agree. nothing like wasting somebodies time. Naz can't get that time back. Sure he got paid, but the reward of having the guy to finish pac outweighs the immediate compensation.

I remember in the fight naz mentioning shane trusting him....I felt like it was a fucking therapy session going on in the corner. Naz knowing he's dealing with a guy that folds mentally as soon as he gets frustrated and he was trying to coddle him. That shit must have been like night and day compared to dealing with BHOP who simply doesn't need to be coddled ....."go fucking do it bernard" and he at least tries to gets the shit done. Direct orders from general to colonel type shit. Mosley is no colonel imo. I appreciate him, but he folds like a tent under pressure on his own admission and blocks out any tactical information that will help him...he packs it in at times mentally and he did at rd 2 last night.

Box in Hand
It wasn't like Mosley couldn't pull the trigger, he just didn't and that shows me his smiling touchy feely ass needs to pack it in cause this here sport I love doesn't ever need to see a display of cowardice like this EVER again!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 8 2011, 12:34 PM) *
After processing what I saw in the Pac v The Flinch stage production last night, it becomes clear that the thread between the Clottey, Margarito and The Flinch fights is the lack of animosity and the absence of predatory appetite. This smiling, glad handing shit before the fights and glove tapping crap before each round belies the faux nature of this shit. The Flinch did everything but hump Pac's leg at the beginning of the 12th. That shit is pathetic . . . at the minimum a bitch impersonation . . . at worst a choreographed sparring session/exhibition. The Flinch's legacy is rightly damaged by this farce, as well as his desperation in just attempting to make it to the final bell v PBF.

That performance was an insult to loyal boxing fans all over the world. There is no excuse. The Flinch should be ashamed. He should apologize. He should retire. He has no business in the professional boxing ring ever again.

At least Clottey impersonated a heavy bag . . . not a bitch. At least the East LA Criminal took his beating and made some attempt to do damage.

Fucking fraud is what that shit was.

Agreed and the only thing that I have to add is that pacroid is supposed to be a seek and destroy type, who is the master at throwing vicious punches from all angles. Why on earth was he unable to knock out an over the hill fighter, who was running? The beauty of a boxing ring is that you can cut it off, so no matter how much the other guy wants to run, at some point he will run into the ropes.
The whole process was pure rubbish, the selection of the opponent, the build up to the fight and the crap that too many boxing sites are now spewing. Thank goodness that I didn't pay for the "privilege" of watching a scam.
Jack 1000
Great undercards and POS main event!

Is there going to be any kind of investigation or withholding of Shane's purse for his -3 effort like that? Or was everything just due to age?

Jack
caneman
PBF about 3 hours ago on facebook!

Floyd Mayweather, Jr
Anyone see the Lady Gaga special on the worlds best network, HBO last night?

LMAO
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 8 2011, 01:40 PM) *
Great undercards and POS main event!

Is there going to be any kind of investigation or withholding of Shane's purse for his -3 effort like that? Or was everything just due to age?

Jack

If i remember correctly they both would get an extra $1000 for a knoccdown... i wonder if Shane still got that even tho the one he scored was a fluke?...

does anyone remember how the purse was suppose to be divided?
caneman
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 8 2011, 02:21 PM) *
If i remember correctly they both would get an extra $1000 for a knoccdown... i wonder if Shane still got that even tho the one he scored was a fluke?...

does anyone remember how the purse was suppose to be divided?

$20 MILLION PAC TO $5MILLION SSM I HEARD!
PR316
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 03:20 PM) *

Floyd Mayweather, Jr

LMAO

What an idiot. Lol.

Floyd must be really bored with life.
caneman
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 8 2011, 02:26 PM) *
What an idiot. Lol.

Floyd must be really bored with life.

Yea really, we can all shit on either guy, but point blank they need to fight each other or fuck off and retire!
PR316
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 8 2011, 01:53 AM) *
Man you must have got into some of that stuff that had Shane believing he was gonna win this fight. Floyd got hit that one time by Shane and all of a sudden he's slowing down. As I recall Floyd beat the living rat shit out of Shane after that. That shot was more due to Floyd's cockiness than age my man.

PBF isn't the same fighter he used to be. This has been long before the Mosley fight. He's slower of hand and foot, and he's fighting more flat footed than ever.

The fact that he rarely gets hit is more to due as of late with the opponents he's been facing than anything else. Against a guy like Pacquiao, it would become more apparent that he has slowed down and the hungrier and more active Pacquiao would just outwork and outhustle today's Mayweather. Plus Pac isn't just straight lines. He works angles and has improved his defense. His hand speed and raw aggression would make Floyd fight more defensively than usual and would make him reluctant to let his hands go as much as he'd like.

Pacquiao via competitive and close UD.
Big Slim Sweet
Shit fight. Mosley will always be one of my all time favorites but he needs to retire. He can't pull the trigger anymore.

I can't really blame him for last night. That's who he is now. A spent force. I more blame the people who put him in the ring with Manny. Shane's washed up. They knew that.

Arce-Vazquez was a beauty. And Pavlik-Lopez was pretty good too.
Big Slim Sweet
Floyd pimping HBO is moronic. Fight Pacquaio or die please.
Snoop
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 07:20 PM) *

Floyd Mayweather, Jr

LMAO

LMAO. I'm sure that's helping the gay rumors.
caneman
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 8 2011, 02:33 PM) *
PBF isn't the same fighter he used to be. This has been long before the Mosley fight. He's slower of hand and foot, and he's fighting more flat footed than ever.

The fact that he rarely gets hit is more to due as of late with the opponents he's been facing than anything else. Against a guy like Pacquiao, it would become more apparent that he has slowed down and the hungrier and more active Pacquiao would just outwork and outhustle today's Mayweather. Plus Pac isn't just straight lines. He works angles and has improved his defense. His hand speed and raw aggression would make Floyd fight more defensively than usual and would make him reluctant to let his hands go as much as he'd like.

Love the post, but you can't tell most of these guys here that without being a pactard!!!! Bally outcome by you though cause PBF would run around the ring doing just enough to win! And I for one wanna KO NOT A UD!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 02:23 PM) *
$20 MILLION PAC TO $5MILLION SSM I HEARD!

Yea thats what i remember... looking at those numbers it kinda make you wonder how much of an incentive $1,000 dollars really is...lol. like 'Hey ill give $20,000 to do this.. and you may get an extra $1 as a bonus, yay!!'.. maybe they shoulda upped it to something stupid like $100,000.. they might have tried harder to knocc each other down.. lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ May 8 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Floyd pimping HBO is moronic. Fight Pacquaio or die please.

Good call Slim!

Jack
caneman
You know, this shit sucks with both Pacman & PBF when they never wanna say I want him & I want him bad! Pac is always saying he wants to please the fans, well fuck being a nice guy, piss in a cup blood test whatever but get the biggest fight in history done!

JONdaCON817
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 8 2011, 02:33 PM) *

Pac didnt look great lass night either... He had trouble finding his range and that was apparent.. with a guy like May who keeps his hands down itd deff be hard to measure reach... Pac also seemed to be slower then usual and he didnt really let his hands go until the fluke KD... he threw mostly 3 punch combos.. usually he makes it look like he throws 10 punches at a time.. idkk how willing he'd be to throw multiple punches at May... the more you throw the more you become susceptible to gettin countered.. i see him throwing alot of single punches, 1 2s, and an occasional 3 or 4 punch combos IMO..
caneman
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 8 2011, 03:04 PM) *
Yea thats what i remember... looking at those numbers it kinda make you wonder how much of an incentive $1,000 dollars really is...lol. like 'Hey ill give $20,000 to do this.. and you may get an extra $1 as a bonus, yay!!'.. maybe they shoulda upped it to something stupid like $100,000.. they might have tried harder to knocc each other down.. lol

Really bro, I have no idea on all that, the only thing I heard close to that was from cockRoach saying that in camp anyone who knocked Pacman down got $1000 extra & if you seen different, post up a link!

The bottom line again here is there is only one fight left & whoever needs to make it happen already! It makes me sick!
mexi-cutioner
Fuck this fight was SO dissapointing. The bar I was at was going absolutely nuts and filled to capacity b4 the main event and everyone was going wild which is something I haven't seen for any boxing or UFC fight at a local bar here in Canada. There were Mosley and Pac chants going back and forth, flags waving, some USA chants going down, but by the middle of the fight it was absolutely dead, people were booing and some even left early. It makes me sad to know that alot of those people will lose interest in watching another big boxing match after that farce of a performance put up by Sugar Shania. As much as Shane sucked a fat cock on this night, I gotta blame Bob Arum more than anyone for this piece of shit of a "mega fight". We all knew that when this fight was made it was a big circus act no1 really wanted to see, but some of us including myself, bit down and chose to ignore logic and fell for the hype. If Pacquiao doesn't sign to fight either Victor Ortiz, Tim Bradley or Juan Manuel Marquez at 140, expect to find a dead Bob Arum in gravytrain's trunk.

Anyways, I predict Arum to match Pacquiao with Roy Jones Jr. in the late fall. It'll be at a catchweight of 165 pounds for a vacant heavyweight title. It's so far fetched that it's almost likely to happen
PR316
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 8 2011, 04:11 PM) *
Pac didnt look great lass night either... He had trouble finding his range and that was apparent.. with a guy like May who keeps his hands down itd deff be hard to measure reach... Pac also seemed to be slower then usual and he didnt really let his hands go until the fluke KD... he threw mostly 3 punch combos.. usually he makes it look like he throws 10 punches at a time.. idkk how willing he'd be to throw multiple punches at May... the more you throw the more you become susceptible to gettin countered.. i see him throwing alot of single punches, 1 2s, and an occasional 3 or 4 punch combos IMO..

Pac appeared to be taking easy on Mosley, though. He fought this fight kinda similar to how he fought Barrera the 2nd time when he knew he was in control the whole time and didn't really get out of 1st gear.

Against PBF, Pac would have a different approach and different MENTALITY. I'm very sure he would be all over Mayweather like white on rice.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 03:16 PM) *
Really bro, I have no idea on all that, the only thing I heard close to that was from cockRoach saying that in camp anyone who knocked Pacman down got $1000 extra & if you seen different, post up a link!

The bottom line again here is there is only there is only one fight left & whoever needs to make it happen already! It makes me sick!

I think people knew that Pacquiao-Mosley was gonna be one-sided. They just think it wouldn't be so bad as for Shane to not even try after the knockdown. And this is the same Shane Mosley that had Floyd in more trouble than any time in Mayweather's career in that 2nd round, fought on even terms with Cotto, in a fight I thought Shane looked good in and won by a point, and the man who humbled Margarcheto.

And Manny should have torn after him when he realized Shane had nothing. People don't like to see Mega Stars carry opponents like that, ESPECIALLY when they are paying $60 PPV.

And what really sucks is that instead of replaying the classic barn-burner of Arce-Vasquez, Showtime's gonna replay this disguising Pacquiao-Mosley crap fest. They should fuck the replay of that fight and show the Arce-Vasquez war, as the preview to the live call of Ward-Abraham, which figures to be one-sided anyway. Anyone wanna e-mail Showtime with this idea? LOL!!! Who's gonna want to see a replay of this shit?

Jack
KookedKrack
(LAS VEGAS, AP) The WBO Welterweight Title fight last Saturday in Las Vegas shattered the world record for most handshakes in a world title Boxing match, says Guinness Book of World Records Editor in Chief, Craig Glenday.

"This was the friendliest fight the world has ever seen," Glenday announced at the post-fight presser.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.