Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Pacquiao vs, Mosley@9PM (ET)/6PM(PT): SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
caneman
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 8 2011, 05:08 PM) *
I think people knew that Pacquiao-Mosley was gonna be one-sided. They just think it wouldn't be so bad as for Shane to not even try after the knockdown. And this is the same Shane Mosley that had Floyd in more trouble than any time in Mayweather's career in that 2nd round, fought on even terms with Cotto, in a fight I thought Shane looked good in and won by a point, and the man who humbled Margarcheto.

And Manny should have torn after him when he realized Shane had nothing. People don't like to see Mega Stars carry opponents like that, ESPECIALLY when they are paying $60 PPV.

And what really sucks is that instead of replaying the classic barn-burner of Arce-Vasquez, Showtime's gonna replay this disguising Pacquiao-Mosley crap fest. They should fuck the replay of that fight and show the Arce-Vasquez war, as the preview to the live call of Ward-Abraham, which figures to be one-sided anyway. Anyone wanna e-mail Showtime with this idea? LOL!!! Who's gonna want to see a replay of this shit?

Jack

Agreed Jack, instant classic & God you have to love that fight...both guys but Arce is amazing!
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 8 2011, 03:23 PM) *
(LAS VEGAS, AP) The WBO Welterweight Title fight last Saturday in Las Vegas shattered the world record for most handshakes in a world title Boxing match, says Guinness Book of World Records Editor in Chief, Craig Glenday.

"This was the friendliest fight the world has ever seen," Glenday announced at the post-fight presser.

laugh.gif

LOLLERCOASTER!!!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 7 2011, 11:38 PM) *
Oh, and ExTXCHAMP, I've never been a Mosley fan. I picked Floyd to dismantle him, and thought Manny would do the same. I did swear up and down that Margarito would beat Pac though, so you might be thinking of that. At least Tony gave it his all, and tried to wear Pacquiao down to the body. That fight was a lot more entertaining than this.

my mistake it was Keith something him and lillightsout were the big Shane lovers haha where are they now that their roided hero let them down?
gravytrain
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 8 2011, 03:33 PM) *
PBF isn't the same fighter he used to be. This has been long before the Mosley fight. He's slower of hand and foot, and he's fighting more flat footed than ever.

The fact that he rarely gets hit is more to due as of late with the opponents he's been facing than anything else. Against a guy like Pacquiao, it would become more apparent that he has slowed down and the hungrier and more active Pacquiao would just outwork and outhustle today's Mayweather. Plus Pac isn't just straight lines. He works angles and has improved his defense. His hand speed and raw aggression would make Floyd fight more defensively than usual and would make him reluctant to let his hands go as much as he'd like.

Pacquiao via competitive and close UD.

why would Mayweather even move around with Mosley anyway? after the 2nd round he'd his number and straight up embarrassed Mosley.

Mayweather rarely getting hit can be about opponents as much as Pac looking so strong is based on the opponent. i think it's disappointing how some people can talk about Mayweather or Pac winning the fight when both of them just sit back and say they don't need eachother. instead of talking about how they can beat eachother based off what they do with a sparring partner they need to get in the ring.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 8 2011, 06:08 PM) *
I think people knew that Pacquiao-Mosley was gonna be one-sided. They just think it wouldn't be so bad as for Shane to not even try after the knockdown. And this is the same Shane Mosley that had Floyd in more trouble than any time in Mayweather's career in that 2nd round, fought on even terms with Cotto, in a fight I thought Shane looked good in and won by a point, and the man who humbled Margarcheto.

And Manny should have torn after him when he realized Shane had nothing. People don't like to see Mega Stars carry opponents like that, ESPECIALLY when they are paying $60 PPV.

And what really sucks is that instead of replaying the classic barn-burner of Arce-Vasquez, Showtime's gonna replay this disguising Pacquiao-Mosley crap fest. They should fuck the replay of that fight and show the Arce-Vasquez war, as the preview to the live call of Ward-Abraham, which figures to be one-sided anyway. Anyone wanna e-mail Showtime with this idea? LOL!!! Who's gonna want to see a replay of this shit?

Jack

this is the same Mosley that's 39, lost to Mayweather by 10 or 11 rounds looking like shit, looked like shit against Mora and didn't even have to come in at a catchweight when TR didn't want him with Pac @142. people put too much into him wobbling Mayweather and making him tie up. whether they won or lost there were better fights out there because they pushing 40 and on a decline.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ May 8 2011, 05:51 PM) *
my mistake it was Keith something him and lillightsout were the big Shane lovers haha where are they now that their roided hero let them down?

I'm a big Shane fan. I've argued with you before. Mosley's time has definitely passed, but his career far outweighs your boy Zab's. And every time you show up here spouting off, I take great pleasure in knowing that fact.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 8 2011, 02:40 PM) *
Great undercards and POS main event!

Is there going to be any kind of investigation or withholding of Shane's purse for his -3 effort like that? Or was everything just due to age?

Jack

i don't really see how people can say anything about Mosley in this fight. has everyone forgot his Mayweather fight? it's horrible. Mora was bad too. what was Splenda supposed to do just stand there and get knocked out? he knew what time it's and his smiley ass isn't going out on his shield.

before anyone talks about Mosley they need to talk about TR and Pac. they wanted the fight and didn't owe Mosley anything, they even picked him.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ May 8 2011, 06:06 PM) *
I'm a big Shane fan. I've argued with you before. Mosley's time has definitely passed, but his career far outweighs your boy Zab's. And every time you show up here spouting off, I take great pleasure in knowing that fact.

lol well at the end of the day I can say zab did it clean and never cheated..

Which brings another point boxing HOF should be like baseballs and not allow any roided fighters like Shane in. Especially since we don't know how long Shane was on them meaning he couldve had an unfair advantage for more fights than the Oscar one.
neophyte7
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 8 2011, 12:23 AM) *
tapping gloves and shit....fuck that shit...zero dog

shane is a straight up bitch. this is fighting not the tennis club. I hate motherfuckers with all this hitting hands shit. Well, Pac was not able to totally find old man or really dominate him in the fashion mayweather did despite the knockdown. Shane showed the same wariness against Floyd when Floyd was landing right hands at will. Pac showed me nothing that PBF has not seen. And really last night Pac looked like he did against Morales and those guys of the past. I saw nothing in his game that spells him being such a different fighter. In all fairness to Pac Shane was a bitch and in survival mode, yet unlike PBF Pac cannot dominate a guy who tries to box with him. He said that Shane refused to go toe to toe... well if he trouble finding Shane (and Shane made him miss often) he will find PBF harder to find if they meet. When Lampley asked him about mayweather Pac did not look interested... said he has accomplished enough in boxing... he does not feel he can beat Floyd. Based upon what I saw I understand... all this pac hype and PBF being scared is nonsense. Take the test Pac quit fighting leftovers
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 8 2011, 08:49 PM) *
You would have to take out fighters like Toney and other fighters from the HOF as well.

Well fuck if Rocky fucking Balboa makes it in, how much does it mean? It's like John Cougar Melloncamp & Blondie being in the rock and roll hall of fame but Rush & Metalica not being...both are getting to be a joke!
caneman
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 8 2011, 09:00 PM) *
shane is a straight up bitch. this is fighting not the tennis club. I hate motherfuckers with all this hitting hands shit. Well, Pac was not able to totally find old man or really dominate him in the fashion mayweather did despite the knockdown. Shane showed the same wariness against Floyd when Floyd was landing right hands at will. Pac showed me nothing that PBF has not seen. And really last night Pac looked like he did against Morales and those guys of the past. I saw nothing in his game that spells him being such a different fighter. In all fairness to Pac Shane was a bitch and in survival mode, yet unlike PBF Pac cannot dominate a guy who tries to box with him. He said that Shane refused to go toe to toe... well if he trouble finding Shane (and Shane made him miss often) he will find PBF harder to find if they meet.

Didn't you already say this same shit 15 pages back? lolz! And well it wasn't the greatest, if that wasn't dominating then what is it? He all but pitched a shut out & did something PBF didn't do, knock SSM down! No matter what Pac & PBF is the only fight left! Oh and I ain't say Pac did better than PBF or anything...just saying & those two mother fuckers need to fight or both retire, fuck em both!
neophyte7
Yeah I said it... 15 pages back... good to know you noticed... in measuring both fighter's performance against a hall of famer (Mosley) PBF was more dominating. I just watched both... Aside from the knockdown of shane... pac was unimpressive
Jack 1000
unlike PBF Pac cannot dominate a guy who tries to box with him.

Don't know if you can generalize this to every fighter Manny fought. But when I saw this quote, I thought of Marquez, with whom Manny had two very close fights and Floyd shut him out.

I think Floyd would be like Marquez, giving Manny trouble with elusive boxing if they ever fight. Manny likes to war, and Floyd won't allow that.

Jack
Jack 1000
I don't really see how people can say anything about Mosley in this fight. has everyone forgot his Mayweather fight?

Well.........except for round 2 LOL!!! A round that as a Floyd basher, I will never tire of watching! LOL!

Jack
gravytrain
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 8 2011, 11:00 PM) *
Well.........except for round 2 LOL!!! A round that as a Floyd basher, I will never tire of watching! LOL!

Jack

no, i've to disagree about that. even when he had Mayweather in some trouble he fucked up. he just let Mayweather recover and didn't even really try to close the show. i think him getting caught by Judah was a lot better.
ViperSniper
I think people are over reacting with the Shane Mosley 'running' for 12 rounds. Did he engage? Fuck no! He was more concerned of not being hit than to hit Pac! The guy was mainly circling around the ring, covering up when Pac did decide to open up and occasionally held..not running! I think there is a difference.

Mosley was never going to take the punishment of Cotto nor was he going to be coming in face first taking shots all night like Margarito..it's not his style nor has it ever been.
Sure he was on the backfoot at some section in the 2nd half when his feet were complete jelly to prevent getting KO'd. I think the horrible performance by Mosley had a lot to do with age really coming out, becoming gun-shy but also had a lot to do with him not having that fire anymore! All the 'glove tapping' business is nothing new, it has been happening a lot lately with Shane..but it just showed more last night because he didn't throw anything! We saw Shane Mosley the person in the ring..not Shane Mosley the fighter! He is done and it's been known for a while it's just some of the fans got caught up in the hype and the few that did think Mosley had a chance was purely on big 'ifs', hope and speculation..not logic.

I dunno if Manny was too wary of Mosley's 'power' or what, but Manny showed Mosley wayy to much respect..specially the one that showed up. Mosley who has looked below average in recent years, wasn't not even opening up and Manny couldn't even get a shot Mosley out of there like he should have. You'd think the p4p king would be able to use what he has to bust Mosley up more but didn't/couldn't, but it's purely Mosley's fault the fight stunk??

This match-up was a disgrace to begin with and a lackluster outcome is maybe what it deserves! The only fucked thing is 'mega fight$' like the ones the sport has been feeding to the fans and presenting to the casual fans really hurt the sport, but they really don't give a flying shit because they themselves are on their way out soon anyways and will leave and even bigger mess for the next generation! I had family excited about this fight, talking about boxing and I was shaking my head to myself the whole time thinking. Had uncles asking me if Pacquaio is greater than Ali because that's what Arum has been telling the fucking media, and then that's what casual fans read and swallow! It really bothered me that I had family excited about this fight when fights like Martinez-Williams or Donaire-Montiel or the tournaments go unnoticed!

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ May 8 2011, 08:36 PM) *
Shit fight. Mosley will always be one of my all time favorites but he needs to retire. He can't pull the trigger anymore.

I can't really blame him for last night. That's who he is now. A spent force. I more blame the people who put him in the ring with Manny. Shane's washed up. They knew that.

Arce-Vazquez was a beauty. And Pavlik-Lopez was pretty good too.

Agree 100%. It was a sad performance and sad to watch him like that, but it's not his fault he shot and done..it's Pac & his people's fault for taking on a shot and done fighter to begin with! Mosley is close to 40 who is a shot fighter & plus doesn't have that fire and hunger anymore to go along with whats required to fight in the ring!

QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 09:09 PM) *
You know, this shit sucks with both Pacman & PBF when they never wanna say I want him & I want him bad! Pac is always saying he wants to please the fans, well fuck being a nice guy, piss in a cup blood test whatever but get the biggest fight in history done!

I can't stand Floyd's "I'm not thinking about boxing" bullshits mentality when you know he very well is! He is just too conscious to do anything about it now! And Manny's "I don't care if I fight him, I'm satisfied with what I accomplished in boxing" excuse, yet still shows interest and willingness to take on horrible mismatches. It makes me fuckin' sick! Each of their fans can blame the other for the fight not happening but neither fighter has really shown they want it enough. There is no reason why they shouldn't want to fight eachother, other than fear! It's bad enough they won't fight eachther..even then they still don't fight the next best competition out there!
HaydelHammer
I love the passion shane's G/F showed last night. Shit actually turned me on. Maybe if he's reading he can send me her number, so I can fly her ass in and tap gloves with her.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (caneman @ May 9 2011, 03:00 AM) *
Well fuck if Rocky fucking Balboa makes it in, how much does it mean? It's like John Cougar Melloncamp & Blondie being in the rock and roll hall of fame but Rush & Metalica not being...both are getting to be a joke!

You don't have to be a boxer to be in the Boxing HOF..you just got to have some involvement in Boxing. Stallone was inducted into the Boxing HOF as a Boxing Ambassador for his involvement & support for the sport, not just for the massive success of the Rocky sequels.

As for the Rock n Roll HOF is fuckin Blondie can be inducted, Metallica is a no brainer!!
BigG
Shane should have shown some damn urgency in round 10,11,2.....
D-MARV
Honestly, I thought Shane's gameplan was to box and move for the first half and not tire himself out.

By round 8, I was thinking WTF? Pacquiao is a fucking beast! He made Shane his bitch and Shane even admitted during the postfight interviews... Sad Stuff really.

Pacquiao will destroy Marquez in less then 5 rounds. The ONLY fight left is Pacquiao-Mayweather. This shit needs to happen!

Method
I think people are over reacting with the Shane Mosley 'running' for 12 rounds

I dont. Shane ran. There's really no way to sugar coat it (no pun intended).

Did he engage? Fuck no! He was more concerned of not being hit than to hit Pac! The guy was mainly circling around the ring, covering up when Pac did decide to open up and occasionally held..not running! I think there is a difference.

Let's see - He didn't engage. He was concerned w NOT being hit. He circled away from Paq, and covered up whenever Paq caught up to him.

Translation? HE RAN
JD
Shane ran.

I am not really sure how we can use any other words to describe the performance.

Shane Malignaggi.
D-MARV
Shane ran.

Mosley takes more pride in not being stopped than going balls out! I think that's clear to see.
The CEO
LOL....the only good thing about this fight is this thread...

It's a treasure chest.

Rumor has it Shane baked a large pineapple upside down cake and brought it to Manny's room Sunday afternoon...
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (JD @ May 9 2011, 09:32 AM) *
Shane ran.

I am not really sure how we can use any other words to describe the performance.

Shane Malignaggi.

LOL...How about Shane looked like he was trying out for the US 4x100 relay team.

Also did anybody notice how clumsy shane looked in there? All stumbling and shit trying to run from Manny?

neophyte7
Shane ran, yet Pac showed an inability to get to him... he will have even bigger problems finding pbf who will box, move, and punch.. Really, Pac did not do much damage to Mosley who was able to make Manny swing and miss wildly. If he ever meets mayweather he will miss and pay for it...
Nay_Sayer
To my eye it looked like Shane was able to catch Pacquiao with a few good counters.
neophyte7
...he did and that is the reality behind pac's subpar effort at getting at mosley and laying the same type of punishment PBF did.. Shane aside from round 2 didn't lay a glove on mayweather.. Pac was cautious
Method
Rumor has it Shane baked a large pineapple upside down cake and brought it to Manny's room Sunday afternoon...

I heard it was a "Flint-Rubble Double Bubble Cake"

Snoop
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 9 2011, 05:55 PM) *
To my eye it looked like Shane was able to catch Pacquiao with a few good counters.

Yeah but he was too timid to actually capitalize on it.
Jack 1000
I now designate that Shane Mosley must change his name to "Shame Mosley" for that disgusting performance!

Jack
neophyte7
Relative to history---people will be calling for him to remove "SUGAR" from his name... It is questionable whether his career accomplishments justify him being in the name of perhaps the greatest fighter ever to live
Big Slim Sweet
Shane ran & Manny showed him too much respect.

Shane looked pretty much like I thought he would. Despite his rep he's never been a guy to just throw caution to the wind. He's always backed off when overmatched.

I expected Pacquaio to eventually mow him down the way he did Oscar.
HaydelHammer
what happened to all the "he's tailor made for me" shit? "He's there to find and I'll hurt him" "I caught floyd"...etc. Now don't get me wrong...majority had shane losing but damn we though he could land at least ONE DAMN GRENADE vs KRANG. NOT shoe shine all night tap dancing and cheesing.

In there looking like a fake ass Hines Ward.
neophyte7
LMAO
Method
I dubbed him "Sugar Sham" a LONG time ago.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 9 2011, 01:36 PM) *
Yeah but he was too timid to actually capitalize on it.

No question.

I kept asking myself when was Shane going to pull the trigger.

Pacquiao didn't seem to know how to react when Shane was throwing the hard 1-2 beyond just covering up. Shane definitely wasn't looking to throw too many right hands after the thrid. He should have put in more body work.

And that pitty-pat jab of Shane's is irritating to watch.
KookedKrack

Everyone who paid for that fight were the real losers that night(myself included). I should have turned it off the minute he came out with that stupid jerri curl, his girl was the only thing worth watching in the main event.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 9 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Everyone who paid for that fight were the real losers that night(myself included). I should have turned it off the minute he came out with that stupid jerri curl, his girl was the only thing worth watching in the main event.

lol i peaced it after the end of round 7, figured the outcome wasn't going to change and if Pacquiao did end up stoppping Mosley i'd catch it on an online replay. The best part about the fight was literally LL Cool J walking Mosley out rapping "mamma said knock u out". LL probably felt like a fool after the fight lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 9 2011, 03:30 PM) *
what happened to all the "he's tailor made for me" shit? "He's there to find and I'll hurt him" "I caught floyd"...etc. Now don't get me wrong...majority had shane losing but damn we though he could land at least ONE DAMN GRENADE vs KRANG. NOT shoe shine all night tap dancing and cheesing.

In there looking like a fake ass Hines Ward.

i thought he would put more effort in but this shit wasn't surprising. when you wont get matched with a fighter @142 then they let you fight @147 the matchmaker has to have completely written you off. people can say you never know until they get in the rings but every fight isn't an upset especially when the underdog is about 40 years old and has looked like shit in his past 2 fights.

King Eugene
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 9 2011, 10:47 AM) *
LOL....the only good thing about this fight is this thread...

It's a treasure chest.

In fucking tears! ROTFLMAO!!!

and the NEW
I was disgraced at Mosleys 'warrior' attutide after the fight. Saying he is going to enjoy the fruits of his labour (what labour?) before reassessing. The guy ran like a woman, made chicken de la hoya look like a hero. He needs to take it on the chin. He is only using his former fame as a platform to get big paydays now and running for them instead of fighting for them.

I will never watch another Shane Mosley fight from hereon in.

Out of interest, are the PPV numbesr for this fight out yet?
ViperSniper
QUOTE (Method @ May 9 2011, 01:07 PM) *
I dont. Shane ran. There's really no way to sugar coat it (no pun intended).

Let's see - He didn't engage. He was concerned w NOT being hit. He circled away from Paq, and covered up whenever Paq caught up to him.

Translation? HE RAN

Translation? Didn't want to get stopped! There are more ways than just running to avoid getting hit, Mosley doesn't have the legs to 'run' these days, little own for 12. 'Running' to me is what Hakkar did to Hopkins or what Floyd did to Baldomir. Circling, covering, holding and retreating when tired and getting tagged doesn't spell 'running' to me. Had Manny opened up more than he normally does, should have he maybe would have forced Mosley to do more of that and eventually run him over. But Manny didn't put together the punchers required to make him run and showed way too much respect instead.

To me there is a difference between the arguments but at the end of the day I guess it's not that big a deal as Mosley put on a horrible performance and didn't throw punchers anyways.
Method
Mosley doesn't have the legs to 'run' these days,

He sure as shit had the legs to circle away all night long, which even YOU pointed out. He wasn't circling on his hands.

I hear you though, bro. At the end of the day we're arguing over a shitty performance, no matter HOW you slice it up.
KookedKrack
Is this real life?

Are there really people sitting here and defending that performance?

glare.gif
gravytrain
it would be one thing to defend Mosley if he just ran a lot. the running, glove touching and post fight comments really just made him look like a chump. nobody can defend it. the worst thing about it's he has to actually think about whether or not he wants to retire.
neophyte7
when I saw that bitch hit gloves I knew he was not going to try to win... If I was training a fighter I would smack his face and curse him out for touching gloves... touch gloves with a motherfucker if either you or he are alive when it is over.. this is fighting not a get together at Starbucks.. what fighters made this "hitting hands" popular??? DISGUSTING
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 11 2011, 12:07 AM) *
when I saw that bitch hit gloves I knew he was not going to try to win... If I was training a fighter I would smack his face and curse him out for touching gloves... touch gloves with a motherfucker if either you or he are alive when it is over.. this is fighting not a get together at Starbucks.. what fighters made this "hitting hands" popular??? DISGUSTING

I didnt care who won the fight, actually quite fancied seeing Mosley pull it out, but I agree, when I seen the way Mosley was behaving I was like fuck it I hope he gets stretched. I went all that way and shelled out all that cash to see Sugar Shane Shitbag turn up in the ring.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 11 2011, 06:14 AM) *
I didnt care who won the fight, actually quite fancied seeing Mosley pull it out, but I agree, when I seen the way Mosley was behaving I was like fuck it I hope he gets stretched. I went all that way and shelled out all that cash to see Sugar Shane Shitbag turn up in the ring.

Mate I feel for you, travelling all that way to watch that performance. However the pre-fight atmosphere looked off the chain.

For what it's worth I bet LL Cool J is more pissed off than you. He's prolly like "I got out of bed with 3 hookers and pornstar and flew down from Hollywood to rep this piece of shit?" Sham better stay outta LA for a while. Or at least loan his girlfriend to LL for a coupla weeks.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 11 2011, 12:44 PM) *
Mate I feel for you, travelling all that way to watch that performance. However the pre-fight atmosphere looked off the chain.

For what it's worth I bet LL Cool J is more pissed off than you. He's prolly like "I got out of bed with 3 hookers and pornstar and flew down from Hollywood to rep this piece of shit?" Sham better stay outta LA for a while. Or at least loan his girlfriend to LL for a coupla weeks.

Haha hes goin to have to change the name of the song to Momma says run like fuck!

Dont get me wrong, Its not like it wasnt totally worthwhile, I got to spend 3 days in the desert getting all fucked up, I got to abuse Kelly Pavlik, albeit from the nosebleed section, and I got to see Arce v Vazquez.

You been keepin on top of Mexi while I was gone?
Method
Haha hes goin to have to change the name of the song to "Momma Says 'Run Like Fuck'!

Hahahaha.

Momma Says 'Touch 'Em Up'

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.