Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac's next fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
Of the possible names mentioned I would like to see bradley than zab but only if it is at 140!
If it is bradley I have no problem with the winner of zab/khan being next in line for pac.

Marq cannot hurt anyone above 135 plus his inactivity and age just have the making of another mosley/ clottey fight with pac...with the exception we may actually see marq get stopped...So I have no desire seeing this fight

Interesting to see what offer Top Rank made because if the rumblings are true that GBP wants to match marq with either morales,barrera or canelo I think those will generate enough money for them to sweeten the offer and match Cause I am sure top rank is giving pac almost all of the ppv revenue.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ May 8 2011, 04:05 PM) *
Of the possible names mentioned I would like to see bradley than zab but only if it is at 140!
If it is bradley I have no problem with the winner of zab/khan being next in line for pac.

Marq cannot hurt anyone above 135 plus his inactivity and age just have the making of another mosley/ clottey fight with pac...with the exception we may actually see marq get stopped...So I have no desire seeing this fight

Interesting to see what offer Top Rank made because if the rumblings are true that GBP wants to match marq with either morales,barrera or canelo I think those will generate enough money for them to sweeten the offer and match Cause I am sure top rank is giving pac almost all of the ppv revenue.

Icould live with Marquez vs Pac at 140, but definitely no higher than that. How is Marquez inactive btw? He fights just as often as Manny does..

Pac vs Bradley is a fight I truly wanted to see as itd be the first time in as long as i can remember that Pac would be facing a young lion in his prime w/ an undefeated record as well. Out of alll the possible matchups I find the judah fight the least appealing as he's not the fighter he once was, but it would definitely make for some entertaining pre fight hype since Judah knows how to talk shit

Jack 1000
I would like to see Pacquiao-Bradley, which would be a good fight or a third meeting with Marquez, so that Manny can beat him definitively once and for all. Personally, I got Pac winning the first fight and Marquez winning the second.

Jack
caneman
I guess Bradley is alright but there is only one guy that gives him a fight IMO! @ least Bradley will fight for awhile, til he finds out he can't handle the power but @ least he will go out on his shield which more than we can say for Mosley! While I would have loved to see Pac vs JMM @ one point now it's a bad mismatch even @ 140.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 8 2011, 05:10 PM) *
Icould live with Marquez vs Pac at 140, but definitely no higher than that. How is Marquez inactive btw? He fights just as often as Manny does..

Pac vs Bradley is a fight I truly wanted to see as itd be the first time in as long as i can remember that Pac would be facing a young lion in his prime w/ an undefeated record as well. Out of alll the possible matchups I find the judah fight the least appealing as he's not the fighter he once was, but it would definitely make for some entertaining pre fight hype since Judah knows how to talk shit

inactive is a since that he last fought in Nov and in case you haven't heard the proposed date is Nov 12th or 5th meaning it will almost be a yr since Marq last stepped in the ring. That along with the age and the fight being over 135 has complete mismatch written all over it!
E.C.LEGEND
I would rather see paq vs Judah. Judah would be the fastest and hardest puncher paq has faced. Judah and that left uppercut can really mess paq's world up.
Big Slim Sweet
Bradley for sure. Young and undefeated. He's the logical choice and easily the most deserving after PBF.

LMFAO at these fights taking place at 140. Manny is not fighting below 147 again. He's the man, he calls the shots.
caneman
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ May 8 2011, 07:03 PM) *
I would rather see paq vs Judah. Judah would be the fastest and hardest puncher paq has faced. Judah and that left uppercut can really mess paq's world up.

For the 3 rounds before his brain & game plan turns to dog shit? And last night is when he faced his harder puncher & he was to scared to get hit to let his hands go! Judah would not do any better!

The part that totally sucks is we all know who should be next! Everyone of us!
caneman
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ May 8 2011, 07:10 PM) *
Bradley for sure. Young and undefeated. He's the logical choice and easily the most deserving after PBF.

LMFAO at these fights taking place at 140. Manny is not fighting below 147 again. He's the man, he calls the shots.

And no one from 140 is gonna do shit!
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 07:12 PM) *
For the 3 rounds before his brain & game plan turns to dog shit? And last night is when he faced his harder puncher & he was to scared to get hit to let his hands go! Judah would not do any better!

The part that totally sucks is we all know who should be next! Everyone of us!

Once Judah knocks out Khan, I'm positive he will be paqs next opponent. I know for a fact as long as the fight last there will be fire works. I'd even go with judah 5th rd tko setup by a left upper cut
caneman
Just say no to drugs bro!
Big Slim Sweet
Pac will beat the fucking shit out of Judah. I like Zab and hope he gets the Khan fight July 23. He'd have a great shot there, but no fucking way is he beating Pac.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 07:27 PM) *
Just say no to drugs bro!

lol I can't do drugs. The Air Force does random olympic style drug testing! lmao laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ May 8 2011, 07:37 PM) *
lol I can't do drugs. The Air Force does random olympic style drug testing! lmao laugh.gif

LMFAO! Then what are you thinking my man? I will say that Judah has better chances @ 140 vs all those guys but even fights Judah won lately, he got beat up in and that Judah is gonna stop Pacman in 5? Never happen, not even 10 years ago!
BoxingStill#1
Personally, I have no interest in seeing pac fight anyone else than Floyed.

Maybe Bradley, he may be the only person who would give Pac a fit...

Until he gets stopped, I also see Ortiz giving Pac a good fight....

But honestly folks, its an utter tragedy we can't see this fight made. It almost sickens me....

Pacs performance last night proberbly pushed that fight further away...
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 07:42 PM) *
LMFAO! Then what are you thinking my man? I will say that Judah has better chances @ 140 vs all those guys but even fights Judah won lately, he got beat up in and that Judah is gonna stop Pacman in 5? Never happen, not even 10 years ago!

Paq's chin has to crack sometime...and to me Judah is the only one that will throw and land bombs on his chin. I see paq getting to aggressive and Judah throwing a lucky uppercut that damages paq.
Col Reb
Of the three mentioned, I only have interest in seeing Pac fight Marquez. Bradley doesn't deserve to have this fight, he has no name recognition and fights as dirty as they come. Isn't it the last four or five guys have had bad cuts from Bradley head butts. Judah doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this fight as well. I just wish we could get Mayweather to fight him, otherwise bring on Marquez. If Marquez doesn't get Pac, I hope he fights Morales next; that would be a war!

Here's a stretch because they have the same trainer, but what if Chavez wins the MW belt? Could we see Pac challenge him for a 9th title?
gravytrain
QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 8 2011, 09:00 PM) *
Of the three mentioned, I only have interest in seeing Pac fight Marquez. Bradley doesn't deserve to have this fight, he has no name recognition and fights as dirty as they come. Isn't it the last four or five guys have had bad cuts from Bradley head butts. Judah doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this fight as well. I just wish we could get Mayweather to fight him, otherwise bring on Marquez. If Marquez doesn't get Pac, I hope he fights Morales next; that would be a war!

Here's a stretch because they have the same trainer, but what if Chavez wins the MW belt? Could we see Pac challenge him for a 9th title?

i guess it depends on what someone thinks of Pac getting a MW title @154 when he wouldn't fight Martinez.
jvo1800
Why is Zab even in this equation people???? (puzzled face) Have people not watched Zab fight in the last few years???? I like Zab, but he doesnt even belong in the same arena as Pac at this point in his career. He has that scary factor to him, meaning he can land one big punch for a upset, but thats about it Pac would beat him into an early retirement. I like the Bradley fight not because i think he's that great or he can beat Pac, but i know he would come forward with pressure and fight and we all know thats Pac gameplan every fight so that might be exciting to watch. Marquez i like also, but the weight might be the issue in that fight.......so besides those two i cant see any other fight for Pac ecxept for ______ lol i dont wanna even say his name due to the haters and certain people on this site who think i am a _______ lover.
caneman
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 8 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Why is Zab even in this equation people???? (puzzled face) Have people not watched Zab fight in the last few years???? I like Zab, but he doesnt even belong in the same arena as Pac at this point in his career. He has that scary factor to him, meaning he can land one big punch for a upset, but thats about it Pac would beat him into an early retirement. I like the Bradley fight not because i think he's that great or he can beat Pac, but i know he would come forward with pressure and fight and we all know thats Pac gameplan every fight so that might be exciting to watch. Marquez i like also, but the weight might be the issue in that fight.......so besides those two i cant see any other fight for Pac ecxept for ______ lol i dont wanna even say his name due to the haters and certain people on this site who think i am a _______ lover.

Fuck that bro it's cool say it, Mayweather is all there is for Pacman and vice versa unless PBF wants Maravilla to really make a statement @ 154! And don't get it twisted homie, no one knocks PBF's skills! NO ONE!!!!!!!!!
jvo1800
[quote name='caneman' date='May 8 2011, 09:52 PM' post='518608']
Fuck that bro it's cool say it, Mayweather is all there is for Pacman and vice versa unless PBF wants Maravilla to really make a statement @ 154! And don't get it twisted homie, no one knocks PBF's skills! NO ONE!!!!!!!!!
[/quote
nobody knocks his skills, so everybody just hates him as a person then........oh i get it. Im not a Mayweather lover it just kills me how everybody has so much to say about his personal life. All we are is fans of the sport of boxing, im not tryna be his friend or get to know him personally, so i dont give two squirts of piss about him being a asshole... thats his business. I just wanna see him fight, all that other bullshit he does is his personal problems but people cant seem to understand that. By the way if they do fight i hope he brings a better fight than he did last night cause even tho Shane was terrible.....Pac really didnt look that great to me neither (just saying)
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 08:52 PM) *

Lls..... wouldn't that be a perfect ending to either PBF or Pacs career.... beat each other, beat Martinez,.. ride into the sunset..
neophyte7
Pac looked subpar and not in PBF's league. aside from his knockdown he was trash. he even seemed cautious a bit. His performance AGAINST PBF LEFTOVER was no where near as dominant as Floyd's. His darting in and out will not phase Floyd who will counter at will....
caneman

QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 09:52 PM) *
[/quote
nobody knocks his skills, so everybody just hates him as a person then........oh i get it. Im not a Mayweather lover it just kills me how everybody has so much to say about his personal life. All we are is fans of the sport of boxing, im not tryna be his friend or get to know him personally, so i dont give two squirts of piss about him being a asshole... thats his business. I just wanna see him fight, all that other bullshit he does is his personal problems but people cant seem to understand that. By the way if they do fight i hope he brings a better fight than he did last night cause even tho Shane was terrible.....Pac really didnt look that great to me neither (just saying)

To each their own bro, I am getting to the point where I say fuck PBF & Pacman & cockRoach & 10 times on Arum! PBF can do what he wants, whatever bro! The part you don't get is I ain't hating cause he is black & has $$$...that shit is fucking great for him but right now all his outside the ring shit is making it where he can't do what he does in the ring, I mean why is it so personal? I mean is that Jeff? Roger? 50? Why is it so personal when all I want is Pacman vs PBF! End of story!
caneman
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 8 2011, 09:13 PM) *
Pac looked subpar and not in PBF's league. aside from his knockdown he was trash. he even seemed cautious a bit. His performance AGAINST PBF LEFTOVER was no where near as dominant as Floyd's. His darting in and out will not phase Floyd who will counter at will....

Then Floyd should get in the ring with him & stop him in 2 rounds then! WTFever...the 2 need to fight or retire...hell one already is for the most part!
neophyte7
I hear you.. PAC SHOULD TAKE THE TEST MOSLEY TOOK... I MEAN since people are so enamored with Pac's personality.. he is nice, congressman, he is honorable etc... why will he not take a test to satisfy the fans since he says he wants the fans to be happy???Not saying PBF would stop him in two but definitely will outclass him in every way... When questioned about facing PBF he did not seem to want it...
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 8 2011, 09:06 PM) *
Lls..... wouldn't that be a perfect ending to either PBF or Pacs career.... beat each other, beat Martinez,.. ride into the sunset..

Hell fucking yes, it be something to really brag about & would show TRUE METAL! It ain't about anything like hating or whatever! Like I said if Pac & PBF don't wanna fight each other they can both fuck off as far as I am concerned!
caneman
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 8 2011, 09:22 PM) *
I hear you.. PAC SHOULD TAKE THE TEST MOSLEY TOOK... I MEAN since people are so enamored with Pac's personality.. he is nice, congressman, he is honorable etc... why will he not take a test to satisfy the fans since he says he wants the fans to be happy???Not saying PBF would stop him in two but definitely will outclass him in every way... When questioned about facing PBF he did not seem to want it...

I said take the test many times, y'all always wanna act like it's just hating or whatever and cause he didn't take the test he looked bad but then PBF will want that $100 million when that's all the whole fight is worth(roughly)! And for the record most every time PBF was asked he never answered really either!
neophyte7
PBF in original negotiations agreed to all of pac's requests... only one PBF had was drug test and Pac balked..
caneman
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 8 2011, 09:37 PM) *
PBF in original negotiations agreed to all of pac's requests... only one PBF had was drug test and Pac balked..

yea yea yea, it was 24 cut off & then 14 cut off & PBF said fuck that & a week later PBF said they were never even if negotiations in the 1st place! yada fucking yada! Whatever they fight each other or fuck them!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 8 2011, 10:22 PM) *

But who's fans? Pac's fans couldn't give a shit whether he takes the test. Why can't Floyd just abide by the same rules everyone else does and fight under the Nevada testing rules.

I like Floyd to win this fight as well, however every month of inactivity damages his chances more. Manny looked far froma monster last night, Floyd should just man up and take the fucken fight under THE CURRENT RULES.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 8 2011, 10:46 PM) *
But who's fans? Pac's fans couldn't give a shit whether he takes the test. Why can't Floyd just abide by the same rules everyone else does and fight under the Nevada testing rules.

I like Floyd to win this fight as well, however every month of inactivity damages his chances more. Manny looked far froma monster last night, Floyd should just man up and take the fucken fight under THE CURRENT RULES.

if Pac only doesn't want to be tested the day before the fight why does he let his people say he wants a 14 day cutoff?

i think the fight wouldn't have happened either way and this was just a convenient way of getting out of it. it seems like it's always been about money and there have just been excuses made on both sides.
jvo1800
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 10:17 PM) *
To each their own bro, I am getting to the point where I say fuck PBF & Pacman & cockRoach & 10 times on Arum! PBF can do what he wants, whatever bro! The part you don't get is I ain't hating cause he is black & has $$$...that shit is fucking great for him but right now all his outside the ring shit is making it where he can't do what he does in the ring, I mean why is it so personal? I mean is that Jeff? Roger? 50? Why is it so personal when all I want is Pacman vs PBF! End of story!

ummmm last time i checked Pac is holding this fight up, i mean i could be wrong but i believe im right. Even last night Pac couldnt even answer the damn question about fighting Floyd when the commentator asked him if he wanted Floyd next. Mayweather quote "take the test, and we got a fight" point blank period..... Pac and Roach feels Manny would be weak for the fight by drawing blood so close to the fight, but isnt Floyd taking the same damn test with the same amount of blood being drawn??? If Manny comes in weak that would mean Floyd comes in weak also right???? Whats the holdup????
caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 8 2011, 09:53 PM) *
if Pac only doesn't want to be tested the day before the fight why does he let his people say he wants a 14 day cutoff?

i think the fight wouldn't have happened either way and this was just a convenient way of getting out of it. it seems like it's always been about money and there have just been excuses made on both sides.

THIS! They are both @ fault and need to stop, it's really bullshit to blame only one side...it's getting retarded! All the shit with arum & cockroach & catch weights & ego's and every thing else! The fact is they can make this fight, do 100000 people @ cowboys stadium, and close to 3 million PPV's and we been talking about this shit for over year, PBF fought 2 times in close to 4 years years and the whole thing is fucking bullshit! If these mother fuckers care about the fans, make the fight! It's silly, I am done with it!
jvo1800
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 8 2011, 10:22 PM) *

exactly my point
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ May 8 2011, 11:06 PM) *
THIS! They are both @ fault and need to stop, it's really bullshit to blame only one side...it's getting retarded! All the shit with arum & cockroach & catch weights & ego's and every thing else! The fact is they can make this fight, do 100000 people @ cowboys stadium, and close to 3 million PPV's and we been talking about this shit for over year, PBF fought 2 times in close to 4 years years and the whole thing is fucking bullshit! If these mother fuckers care about the fans, make the fight! It's silly, I am done with it!

why take on a real competitor when you get paid millions to spar on PPV? that's the real bullshit lol.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 8 2011, 11:01 PM) *
ummmm last time i checked Pac is holding this fight up,

By asking for a test that currently isn't mandatory Floyd could be accused of holding up this fight. If Floyd wants to fight just abide by the current procedures and we got a fight. That whole argument swings both ways. as Caneman has said many times on this and other threads BOTH guys are to blame for not making this fight happen.

I'm sort of over it anyway. Manny looks like he's on the slide and Floyd's inactivity can't be doing him any good. Even if this fight happens it won't be in their respective primes. Me, I just wanna see Gamboa and The Filipino Flash go and knock some suckers out.

Or I could just watch Jorge Arce re-runs all day, Rocky in a midgets body laugh.gif
Hops
It's really weird that people accuse Pac of holding off the fight when he's actually in the ring fighting. Hell... everybody else is fighting. Even Erik Morales is fighting. Mosley could have taken his EPO again against Pac and it wasn't even an issue.

There's the ring of death and everybody's going inside. There are rules before you can step in. But as I've said, everybody's inside. Cept Floyd.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Hops @ May 8 2011, 10:40 PM) *
It's really weird that people accuse Pac of holding off the fight when he's actually in the ring fighting. Hell... everybody else is fighting. Even Erik Morales is fighting. Mosley could have taken his EPO again against Pac and it wasn't even an issue.

There's the ring of death and everybody's going inside. There are rules before you can step in. But as I've said, everybody's inside. Cept Floyd.

well in Floyd's defence I think even if he wanted to fight it would be extremely hard for that to happen especially over the last year what with all the on and off court dates and legal distractions going on. I could be wrong, but weren't there negotiations for Pac-Mayweather that were supposed to occur after the Margarito bout, but it wasn't able to go down since Floyd wasn't able to push his court date back?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 8 2011, 09:46 PM) *

THIS.

QUOTE (Hops @ May 9 2011, 12:40 AM) *

AND THAT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.