Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IS SHANE WORTHY OF THE NAME "SUGAR"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
IS SHANE'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS WORTHY OF HIM HAVING THE NAME OF PERHAPS THE GREATEST FIGHTER EVER TO LIVE??? I have to say no... what do you think?
Big Slim Sweet
I have to say yes. I also don't think it matters.

Ricky Hatton was named The Hitman. Freddie Norwood was Baby Hagler.

I'm not sure how you propose to strip him of it. You can always call him Splenda, or Sweet n' Low. I don't think boxrec will change it officially for you though.
HaydelHammer
Strip him of the name immediately. Ray Rob. is rolling TF over as we speak. Hell even washed up sugar ray leonard took his a$$ kicking from Terry Norris like a MAN. He didn't jog around the ring like he was warming up for the 400.

Just the later rds alone with manny was chasing him almost mimic him skipping around was an embarrassment. Got the crowd chanting KNOCK HIM OUT....good lord.

Usain Bolt Mosley lookin ass.....
neophyte7
LMAO... @big slim..not trying to have him stripped just trying to have his career put into perspective--The hatton comparison makes no sense... His nickname will not be mentioned and is really in no way connected with his boxing fame... yet Shane has been considered worthy of the name "Sugar" based upon how he fought etc... I don't see it... Really... people have all types of nick names yet not many boxers have been called "Sugar" with emphasis

Haydelhammer-- I concur
Big Slim Sweet
Mosley was legit for a long time. I don't think one fight at age 39 takes away from that. He's shot. Everyone knew it.

He should have never been in that ring with Manny in the first place.
neophyte7
Does being legit make you worthy of "SUGAR"... you would have to be more than legit... The only man I feel worthy of the Sugar name besides Ray Rob was Sugar Ray Leonard....
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ May 9 2011, 03:34 PM) *
Mosley was legit for a long time. I don't think one fight at age 39 takes away from that. He's shot. Everyone knew it.

He should have never been in that ring with Manny in the first place.

I agree but he's joined a long list of guys who are selling out for the mighty $$$ at our expense (buyers)...now I like all of you love boxing, so paying is no problem but man you gotta at least pinch the guy or sell out here and there (I felt 10-12 he should have said f it and sold out and went in balls heavy)

the solution would be to bow down gracefully....hell at least Tyson told us all he needed the money as he closed the show then he bowed down to not further discrace the sport and rob fools like me who pay for the trainwreck.

He can make this up to us by posting nudes of his girlfriend's a$$ covered in baby oil
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 9 2011, 03:37 PM) *
Does being legit make you worthy of "SUGAR"... you would have to be more than legit... The only man I feel worthy of the Sugar name besides Ray Rob was Sugar Ray Leonard....

neither of them worked out at BALCO either. ; )

killing him. lol
neophyte7
Indeed... The steroids... Sugar become "shit".. for sure
Box in Hand
There have been too many fighters to take that name over the years and as far as I'm concerned it should not even be handed to a fighter until his entire body of work is examined. Shane has done some un Sugar like shit in the past such as dealing with BALCO, calling out 2 P4P kings one of which was very disrespectful (Floyd's post fight interview after Marquez fight) and in both instances folded under the lights. After Saturday's horrible display he should be stripped of his purse and his name...and his fine ass girlfriend.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 9 2011, 02:05 PM) *
There have been too many fighters to take that name over the years and as far as I'm concerned it should not even be handed to a fighter until his entire body of work is examined. Shane has done some un Sugar like shit in the past such as dealing with BALCO, calling out 2 P4P kings one of which was very disrespectful (Floyd's post fight interview after Marquez fight) and in both instances folded under the lights. After Saturday's horrible display he should be stripped of his purse and his name...and his fine ass girlfriend.

I hear Manny left the MGM with Mosley's fine ass gf while Mosley had to settle for Jinkee after the fight
King Eugene
Nah he shouldn't be stripped because of a bad performance in one fight and/or because of two years of subpar performance at an older age when he's given us over a decade of great fights.

He's earned it. Nobody had a problem with it when he was in his prime. If you want to strip something as a grown man quit calling another grown man "Pretty BOY"
gravytrain
i think he needs a name change to Splenda. i don't really like any fighters getting the Sugar moniker though, they should get their own thing.
thisneverworks
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 9 2011, 03:37 PM) *

When Mosley was fighting 135-140 he more than earned it in my opinion. He was like Manny is now back then, except better.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 9 2011, 02:37 PM) *

I meant legit as in legit SUGAR, not just legit fighter. As a couple of guys have said, his early career from 135-147 he wore the name very well.

If PBF and Pacman had fought last year like they were supposed to, Mosley never would have had the opportunities to be embarrassed by the two best p4p fighters in the sport. He benefited financially more than anyone from the whole 'take the test' drama, though his rep took a hit in the process.
neophyte7
Good analysis Viper Sniper.... I see your point...
Jack 1000
After Pacquaio? Ban Sugar from Shane's name and call him "Shame Mosley." He deserves to be 100% crucified by the public and the press for not even trying and ripping millions of people off on this $60 PPV.

He also had no business getting a shot at Pacquiao after being shut out in all but one round against Mayweather. He needs to retire. After the Pacquaio farce, no network should ever air any of his fights ever again!

Jack
KookedKrack
Fuck him and his jerri curl.
neophyte7
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 10 2011, 03:03 PM) *
After Pacquaio? Ban Sugar from Shane's name and call him "Shame Mosley." He deserves to be 100% crucified by the public and the press for not even trying and ripping millions of people off on this $60 PPV.

He also had no business getting a shot at Pacquiao after being shut out in all but one round against Mayweather. He needs to retire. After the Pacquaio farce, no network should ever air any of his fights ever again!

Jack

I appreciate the honesty... No way in hell this guy should bear the name "SUGAR"... THis discussion will be had again and again regarding Mosley when he walks away which should be now... or he will be known and remembered as "From Sugar to Shit Mosely"
Col Reb
Ishe Smith is the one who needs the "Sugar" nickname stripped.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 11 2011, 02:29 AM) *
It's a nickname, nothing more. I don't think people should get their nickers in twist because of it. That doesn't mean just because he has shared the same nickname, that he is in the same group as those guys.
Nicknames are given and chosen, not earned. So I don't see the big deal.

Agreed. Shane needs to be abused for getting on his bike quicker than Lance Armstrong, but nicknames dont metter a fuck. Amir Khan calls himself King instead of cunt, Paulie Malignaggi calls himself Magic man instead of Lady Gaga, and James Toney calls himself Lights out instead of tits out. It doesnt matter.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 11 2011, 06:11 AM) *
and James Toney calls himself Lights out instead of tits out. It doesnt matter.

I bet you wouldn't say that to his face. He would abuse you like you were a 5 dollar sub with Ranch dressing.
JLUVBABY
ive been thinking bout this topic.. and i will answer it like this... pac is the one fighter that his last several opponents havent seemed to show up... never mind they have been drained, old etc... the question is already out there and i never thought id be asking it but is top rank paying these guys to lose?... i mean... it appeared all mosley had to do was throw punches but he didnt and that goes beyond not being able to pull the trigger... pac was there to be beat... no question... its funny how shane was able to reduce pac to not being able to hit him but didnt throw back... actually thats not funny but the point is made... its another fight where it seems all the opponent has to do is throw and he will have success... clottey fight was no different.. not saying the fix is in but got damn it wouldnt surprise me....
neophyte7
Again, brutal honesty and great critical thinking... something seems fishy with pac and his opponents of late, yet I mean Mosley's drop off from his explosive performance was dramatic... begs to question was he on the juice for Margarito... I just cannot accept his lack of agression in bouts after Margarito... against Margarito he was agressive... tremendously determined---delivered a beat down more emphatic than pac against a fresher margarito???... Oh well maybe that was his last hurrah!!!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 15 2011, 11:22 PM) *
Again, brutal honesty and great critical thinking... something seems fishy with pac and his opponents of late, yet I mean Mosley's drop off from his explosive performance was dramatic... begs to question was he on the juice for Margarito... I just cannot accept his lack of agression in bouts after Margarito... against Margarito he was agressive... tremendously determined---delivered a beat down more emphatic than pac against a fresher margarito???... Oh well maybe that was his last hurrah!!!

history has shown juiced fighters arent guarenteed to win... vargas is prime example... and there has been more... im sure off that fight mayweather would love to just make the fight but its too late now... he cant just dop the test and save face... but lets say pac is juiced and thats the best he can produce... pac is doomed in that fight...
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 15 2011, 09:15 PM) *
the question is already out there and i never thought id be asking it but is top rank paying these guys to lose?... i mean... it appeared all mosley had to do was throw punches but he didnt and that goes beyond not being able to pull the trigger... pac was there to be beat... no question

What are you talking about? You have some crazy theories. What about Shane's fight with Mayweather? Shane rock the shit out of him in the second round then went on to throw absolutely no punches from then on. What the excuse there? Did Mayweather pay him off too? Shane has been a shot fighter for years plain and simple.
FinitoElDinamita
No, Shane Nosley isn't worthy of a great monikor such as Sugar. He's just Nosley.. I dont even want to get into details because it's been done countless times but simply put, he has one upset win over Oscar and a gift in the rematch. What else has he done? Beating a washed up Vargas land ooking poor against Mayorga for 11 rounds is what i remember when i think of mosley. Talking all that mess for months and wasting everybody's time just to fight like a coward was disgusting to watch.

He's no ATG but that's been established since way back.. IN a perfect world, he's a borderline HOF but he'll get in for sure because lesser fighters have got in. HOF has lost some of its prestige in today's time..

But anyway, at best, Mosley is a Sugar-lite..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.