Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haye vs. Klitschko Press Conference
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
jkfitpro
For a guy who normally goes into these situations all guns blazin, Haye comes off quiet and shaky here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmyityrZi4
Col Reb
I so hope Klitschko takes care of business!
King Eugene
Haye looks focused to me. I'm excited about this one.
SENTRAL
Haye is ready to end Wlads reign.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 10 2011, 12:40 AM) *
Haye is ready to end Wlads reign.

As your posts are usually informative and full of logic I'm assuming you're throwing this out there to signal the commencement of our battle? Right then.

Look, young? lady? Haye isn't about to the end the reign of anything except possibly the title of biggest Brit flop in a world title challenge (so many to choose from.). And then I will be the hero of FightHype as your sigs are reduced to...............well you'll just have to wait to see what they are reduced to, but it won't include Lemieux.

Now I also know it's not your style but I hope you'll indulge me in a little smack talk before the fight, it will make my victory all the more sweeter, and lets face it someone needs to take the heat off Mexi for a while, have you seen what that little gay bastard has had to put up with lately? Haha. I'm tired of beating that dude up. I could start on LilLightsOut and the James Toney/nutrionist/Taco Bell jokes but my heart isn't in it and he knows that, I like the guy.

Wlidali is going to put the most sustained beating on Haye the likes we haven't seen since Ivan Drago put it to Apollo Creed in Rocky 4. That sustained right hand is going to repeatedly land on Haye playing a symphony on his face. First his face will start to get puffy and then he will begin to bleed from his nose, get his lips bust up and start swallowing his own blood.

Sensing the fight could get stopped on cuts Wlidali will start throwing to the body busting up Haye's body rib by rib. Haye's corner will have mercy and stop it somewhere around the 10th and Haye will exit the building on a stretcher considering how his new career as night manager at McDonalds is going to pan out.

I think this is a good start, non?
salvador
I hope this happens, but somehow I just can't see Haye being stupid enough to get in the ring with Wlad. I'm sure Haye has watched Brewster-Wlad hundreds of times for encouragement, but at the end of the day Haye is going to be at the end of Wlad's jab and he knows it. Wlad by humiliating destruction after 7-8 rounds of thudding jabs and punishing body shots, Haye finds a way out of the fight before he gets put to sleep.

I think Haye would make an excellent commentator.
jkfitpro
I want Haye to stir things up in the HW division but i'm not too confident after this performance. As many picked up on youtube, his voice seems hesistant and wavers...i have followed Haye from the beginning and i can tell you that either there's something wrong with the sound system, he has a cold/flu or he is just getting a little nervous in there.
Mean Mister Mustard
Who knows what is going on with him, but one thing we do know is that he possesses the speed and power to hurt Wlad. He might choose to run for 12 rounds but at some point he's going to catch Wlad with something. If Klitschko can take it, then Haye's in trouble.
Jack 1000
I hope Haye doesn't fight like Mosley against Pavquiao! What are the chances that will happen? It will piss of many if that occurs. Haye is too small for Wlad. However, he has also had instances of "All talk and no fight."

Jack
Byrd Man
Haye is setting himself up where if he loses, after all the shit he talked, he should just fucking retire and never come out in public again.

He's not simply talking shit, he's elevated it to a new unknown level. Every single day there's something else from him, either calling Wlad a "fake German" or whatever, it's obvious he's trying to piss off Wlad so he just goes nuts in the ring and starts acting wild, giving Haye a better chance.

But when you do THIS MUCH shit talking, if you lose? More to the fact, if you get knocked out? It's over. Nobody will EVER listen to him again, nobody will give a shit about him again. You can't go that apeshit on someone and then lose and still expect to have a career.

Maybe that is why he's said he's going to retire, so that if he does lose, he has that built in excuse for why he'll go underground and hide out the rest of his life.
PR316
If Haye actually has the sack to go through with this, all he'll do is fight passive and try to avoid getting KO'd.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (jkfitpro @ May 9 2011, 06:36 PM) *
For a guy who normally goes into these situations all guns blazin, Haye comes off quiet and shaky here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmyityrZi4

He sounded either tired or sick. He still talked mad shit. This may be the most significant HW bout since Tyson/ Holyfield. I think Wlad catches Haye with something and makes Haye run like Mosley all nite...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 10 2011, 06:44 PM) *
He sounded either tired or sick. He still talked mad shit. This may be the most significant HW bout since Tyson/ Holyfield. I think Wlad catches Haye with something and makes Haye run like Mosley all nite...

That's what I am thinking as well. and I will probably repeat myself when we do our preview thread for the fight. Hay's got a four round window to make something happen on a blitz. If he does that, we MIGHT get a war. If he hurts Vitali on a bilitz. This is David's only chance, Once Vitali hurts him and Haye knows he can't hurt him back, Haye will either clinch and hold and run into survival mode to collect his paycheck.

The longer this fight goes, the bigger chance Haye becomes Mosley against Pacquaio just looking to survive. If David does that, let's just hope Wlad shows no respect and knocks his ass out!

Jack
Spyder
Wlad is going to make an example of Haye...just like he does to Hayden's vag every night.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 10 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Wlad is going to make an example of Haye...just like he does to Hayden's vag every night.

And afterwards he will throw Hayden Gaye's battered corpse for her and all her Hollywood GF's to kick around and spit on. His lumpen body reduced to a pulped carcass.
JD
Wlad is going to mangle Haye and I get the sense that Haye knows it.
SENTRAL
So we are blessed here to have a whole bunch of psychological profilers right?  I'm in awe of how you guys have been able to deduce David Haye is nervous and fearful and knows he is going to be knocked out?  Good work guys, I might change my pick.

Not a chance of it.  Haye is the first live opponent Wladimir has boxed in several years.  He is the first challenger to Wlad who will turn up in better physical shape than the champion and he is the first challenger who possesses not only the speed, but the power to trouble and inevitably hurt Wladimir.

Ollie Reed I haven't forgotten about our sig bet and I look forward to July 3rd.
ROLL DEEP
Haye seemed a little different. Not scared, but different. He seemed ok to me.

I like both fighters. I've always been a fan of the Klitschko's and being English, obviously am a fan of Haye.

Wladimir didn't look as tall as I thought he would do against Haye though when they were stood head to head.

As much as I want Haye to win, I do think Wladimir will take it. Haye will trouble him with a shot or two, Klit will then land a decent punch and I then do think Haye will Shane Mosely all night around the outskirts of the ring to lose.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 11 2011, 08:40 AM) *
So we are blessed here to have a whole bunch of psychological profilers right?  I'm in awe of how you guys have been able to deduce David Haye is nervous and fearful and knows he is going to be knocked out?  Good work guys, I might change my pick.

Not a chance of it.  Haye is the first live opponent Wladimir has boxed in several years.  He is the first challenger to Wlad who will turn up in better physical shape than the champion and he is the first challenger who possesses not only the speed, but the power to trouble and inevitably hurt Wladimir.

Ollie Reed I haven't forgotten about our sig bet and I look forward to July 3rd.

The problem you have you kooky Canuck lovin crackpot is that while this is the first live opponent Wlad has faced in years it will be the first live HW opponent David Gaye will have faced ever!

Like Mexicutioner your love of china chined musclebound beefcakes will be your undoing laugh.gif

Rattle your dags SENTRAL, haha.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 12 2011, 09:53 PM) *
The problem you have you kooky Canuck lovin crackpot is that while this is the first live opponent Wlad has faced in years it will be the first live HW opponent David Gaye will have faced ever!

Like Mexicutioner your love of chinless musclebound beefcakes will be your undoing laugh.gif

Rattle your dags SENTRAL, haha.

and nothing he's done against the HWs he's been in the ring with makes me believe he'll beat Wlad. he's just going to eat a bunch of jabs and land a couple shots for 12 rounds and lose by a wide margin.
Warlord
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 10 2011, 09:53 PM) *
That's what I am thinking as well. and I will probably repeat myself when we do our preview thread for the fight. Hay's got a four round window to make something happen on a blitz. If he does that, we MIGHT get a war. If he hurts Vitali on a bilitz. This is David's only chance, Once Vitali hurts him and Haye knows he can't hurt him back, Haye will either clinch and hold and run into survival mode to collect his paycheck.

The longer this fight goes, the bigger chance Haye becomes Mosley against Pacquaio just looking to survive. If David does that, let's just hope Wlad shows no respect and knocks his ass out!

Jack

He's fighting Wladimir.

I worry about you, Jack.
Warlord
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 11 2011, 08:40 AM) *

Tits or STFU. Your crush on Haye disgusts me.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 12 2011, 09:37 PM) *
and nothing he's done against the HWs he's been in the ring with makes me believe he'll beat Wlad. he's just going to eat a bunch of jabs and land a couple shots for 12 rounds and lose by a wide margin.

I don't think his convincing UD over Valuev should fall into that catagory. Although Valuev has nowhere near Klit skill, he is still a tall opponent and the fact that Haye could have some level of success with him IMHO puts him MILES ahead of any recent opposition either Klit has been in with.

I always thought a HUGE part of the reason guys freeze up in front of the Klits is due to the overwhelming size of them once the guys get into the ring. Haye will have already been in with a guy that size...actually bigger.

I think that prior experiance is invaluable when getting in the ring with these guys.

I've always said any guy that is getting lined up to fight a Klit would do well to fight the likes of Mcbride, Valuev or Tye Fields....simply to get an idea of the size disadvantage....at the very least it will not be SO overwhelming come fight night.
JD
You thought he beat Valuev in convincing fashion? I guess we saw different fights, because I thought Haye was fortunate to walk away with a MD over a guy that was just given a gift against an ancient Holyfield and had lost to Chagaev not long before he received the Holyfield gift.

BGv2.0
QUOTE (JD @ May 13 2011, 01:59 PM) *
You thought he beat Valuev in convincing fashion? I guess we saw different fights, because I thought Haye was fortunate to walk away with a MD over a guy that was just given a gift against an ancient Holyfield and had lost to Chagaev not long before he received the Holyfield gift.

Absolutely. I'm not saying Haye wiped the floor with him...but he rocked him on a few occasions and did more to him than Valuev ever gave back...it was convincing in my mind.

NOW...I totally agree that the judges jobbed Holyfield as Valuev did EVEN LESS in that fight.

You actually think that haye may NOT have won that?

JD
I think he was fortunate to walk out of Germany with the belt because it was a pretty close fight. I think in the end I had Haye winning by a point or so, but in no way was I convinced he was getting the nod prior to the cards being read.

It was an uninspiring performance against a guy who was just taken to school and outworked by an ancient Holyfield who was flat out jobbed.
salvador
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 13 2011, 01:54 PM) *
I don't think his convincing UD over Valuev should fall into that catagory.

I've always said any guy that is getting lined up to fight a Klit would do well to fight the likes of Mcbride, Valuev or Tye Fields....simply to get an idea of the size disadvantage....at the very least it will not be SO overwhelming come fight night.

JD beat me to the punch, but I'll second the point that Haye's win over Valuev was far as hell from "convincing". I've always given Haye the benefit of the doubt on that fight because I believe he broke his right hand early in the fight (or there was some similar injury) and that is what kept him from being more offensive against a VERY VERY VERY slow and uncoordinated fighter. If he wasn't injured then not only was it a piss poor performance, but if it is any kind of indicator of what he'll do against the far superior Wlad, then Haye has absolutely no chance.

I do very much agree with you that Haye was smart to fight a big guy like Valuev first.

BGv2.0
QUOTE (salvador @ May 13 2011, 03:04 PM) *
I do very much agree with you that Haye was smart to fight a big guy like Valuev first.

And that is my orginal point. Although I thought it was a solid win for Haye and did in no way think Valuev should or could have been given the nod...my point is that the sheer size of Wlad SHOULD not be a distraction or a fear inducing aspect as oftens seems to be the case.

The orginal post I responded to said that all of his fights at HW were of little to no merit and I can't say I agree with that in relation to that particular fight.

I think he did get something very important from that fight that will make his foray into the ring with Wlad less surprising, even if it's by a small degree. It's still a slight edge that many Klit opponents never had.

So I think that makes that fight very valid.

Also...I think KOing Ruiz was a very succesful HW outcome for Haye as well....but I know most percieve Ruiz to be pure garbage so I don't even bother arguing the point on that fight.
gravytrain
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 13 2011, 02:54 PM) *
I don't think his convincing UD over Valuev should fall into that catagory. Although Valuev has nowhere near Klit skill, he is still a tall opponent and the fact that Haye could have some level of success with him IMHO puts him MILES ahead of any recent opposition either Klit has been in with.

I always thought a HUGE part of the reason guys freeze up in front of the Klits is due to the overwhelming size of them once the guys get into the ring. Haye will have already been in with a guy that size...actually bigger.

I think that prior experiance is invaluable when getting in the ring with these guys.

Valuev has never wanted any part of either Klitschko. he even straight up turned down fights. he knew what time it was. and like you say Valuev isn't nearly as skilled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.