Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao vs Bradley?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports-in-na...y-november-2011

It appears that the much talked about "Trilogy Fight" between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez is down for the count as the latest news is that Manny is set to face Timothy Bradley instead. According to WBA junior Amir Khan, Bradley has signed on to fight Manny in November and their highly anticipated junior welterweight clash is off. On Monday morning, Amir Khan made the following comments via his official Facebook page:

"Bradley is signing with Top Rank and will fight Pacquiao in November."

As always, official confirmation will need to come from Top Rank, Bob Arum, or another representative from Team Pacquiao or Team Bradley. However, since Khan has been in negotiations with Bradley's camp for at least the last few weeks, he would definitely have some inkling of what Bradley's camp might be up to.

On Saturday night, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum stated that Marquez, Bradley, or Zab Judah would be next for Manny Pacquiao on November 5 or November 12. However, for the last few weeks we have heard about offers from Arum to Marquez for a fight. Unfortunately, for the fans who wanted to see this fight, Marquez is still involved in contractual negotiations with Golden Boy Promotions. Over the weekend, Arum declared that Pacquiao would not fight any fighter form GBP and was trying to lure Marquez away.

Bradley, whose contract is expiring with his current promoter, was waiting to see what happened with Marquez before making a decision on fighting Amir Khan. According to BoxingScene.com, Arum stated on Sunday that Bradley was playing the waiting game because he knows a fight with Pacquiao would be more lucrative. It's understood how Arum wants complete control of Pacquiao's fights. Just take a look at the last four fights Manny had (Mosley, Margarito, Clottey, Cotto). Arum was in total control and received maximum profits.

While this may be "smart business, Arum still deserves criticism because three of the last four fights should not have taken place for the purity of the sport and the entertainment of the fans. Arum has the majority of blame when it comes to the fight between Mosley and Pacquiao on Saturday night. This was the match-up that Arum shoved in Pacquiao's face last December and really tried to get the boxing fans to buy into.

As for Bradley vs. Pacquiao, this should be a competitive fight as Bradley is an undefeated champion on the junior welterweight division hold two titles. He's athletic, strong, and will provide Pacquiao with some challenges. However, until someone defeats Manny again, never bet against Boxing's pound-for-pound champion.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 9 2011, 03:38 PM) *

U know what Fitz, I may actually believe this one. WHen Amir was training at my gym in Vancouver last April b4 the Malignaggi fight I had a few good chats with him. One of the things he told me was that after signing with Golden Boy, they guaranteed him a fight with Maidana in December and it actually happened. If this is legitimately straight from the source (meaning Amir), than I guess the fight is closer to coming to fruition than anticipated.

Not gonna lie, The prospect of learning that Ortiz vs Mayweather and Bradley vs Pacquiao MAY actually happen for the fall almost feels too good to be true... If someone told me Mayweather was signing to face Spadafora, and Pacquiao was fighting Cotto in a rematch at a 150 catchweight, i'd be more inclined to believe that lol straight up
leonthegee
Pacs not fighting Bradley unless Bradley signs with Top Rank. And you wonder why everybody hates Bob Arum.
King Eugene
If its true then good because Bradley deserved it. Sucks though because I know somewhere down the road folks are going to be hollering Bradley ducked Khan.

As far as who wins...I think Manny KO's him. Bradley doesn't have the sturdiest chin and Manny is.........well a fucking iron wall with legs.
Col Reb
I don't like this fight at all. While Bradley's record and titles can warrant it, he's dirty and will use his head to get an unfair advantage. Does Manny really want to deal with that when more lucrative options exist? I'd rather see him fight Marquez again.

I'm not excited about Mayweather vs Ortiz either. It's an easy win for Floyd; I'd rather see him face Khan, who at least has good speed and brings fans to the table. Why can't Floyd take a true test and fight Martinez?
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 9 2011, 03:52 PM) *
If its true then good because Bradley deserved it. Sucks though because I know somewhere down the road folks are going to be hollering Bradley ducked Khan.

As far as who wins...I think Manny KO's him. Bradley doesn't have the sturdiest chin and Manny is.........well a fucking iron wall with legs.

well...bradley does appear to be ducking khan LOL. if dude isn't willing to sign the contract cus he's waiting to fight pac, then fine. but if he doesn't end up fighting pac and doesn't fight khan either, that big headed oompa loompa is probably ducking khan.

QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 9 2011, 04:55 PM) *
I don't like this fight at all. While Bradley's record and titles can warrant it, he's dirty and will use his head to get an unfair advantage. Does Manny really want to deal with that when more lucrative options exist? I'd rather see him fight Marquez again.

I'm not excited about Mayweather vs Ortiz either. It's an easy win for Floyd; I'd rather see him face Khan, who at least has good speed and brings fans to the table. Why can't Floyd take a true test and fight Martinez?

A Pacquiao vs. Bradley fight would finally shut up all the haters who complain that pac fights guys past their prime. Bradley is the PERFECT addition to his resume at this point. He's an undefeated titleholder at the peak of his career, i'd much rather see that then the proposed Pac-MarquezIII fight at 145 :/

I don't mind the Ortiz fight at all. The dude gained a tremendous amount of respect and fans fromhis his last fight and looked like a machine vs. Berto. It'd definitely garner interest and is a good tuneup 4 floyd, IMO bouts withMartinez and Khan aren't tuneups
Hops
Yeah, a sleek, undefeated, black American to add to Pacquiao's resume'.

Floyd's fighting Maidana's leftover.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Hops @ May 9 2011, 05:12 PM) *
Yeah, a sleek, undefeated, black American to add to Pacquiao's resume'.

Floyd's fighting Maidana's leftover.

Thats funny since Mannys the king of fighting leftovers.
Hops
Floyd's fighting Maidana's leftover. And Maidana is Khan's leftover.

So, it means, that Floyd also fights leftovers.
and the NEW
I can't see PBF V Ortiz happening.

But can see Bradley V Pac which won't be a bad fight.

Though I would rather see Pac fight Marquez a 3rd time first and Bradley fight Kahn.
ViperSniper
This is a much better fight than a potential third fight with Marquez which I feel would be another shitty fight and a better fight than Judah! Although 140 is 's home he would show something no other Pac opponent has shown in many years...being fresh is one of them!

Bradley has shown he can be hurt and I think Pac would show that with his heavier, quicker hands in this matchup! Sounds funny to say about a Pac fight but I would give him credit for this match-up! Last time I I could give Manny credit was taking out Hatton the way he did.

Ironically people tend to joke about the shape of both fighters head..they can called it "Battle of the Domes!"
kidbazooka1
I like Bradley but he's not the best boxer in the world and he doesn't have any kind of power to keep Manny off.

This one would be as one sided as Manny/Margarito except Bradley won't make it the distance.

Pacqiuao by brutal KO in 5.
mexi-cutioner
Unfortunately for those interested in Pac vs. Bradley, it's looking more ilke a Marquez-Pac trilogy
Timothy Bradley says it won't be him

neophyte7
bradley is pillow fisted and cannot bust a grape.. pac would overwhelm helmet head
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.