Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stand Up FLoyd
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Run and Gun Game Calls
copyright garbage

Very good article i found online
Nay_Sayer
You could have spared us that bulshit...
Spyder
How the fuck am I supposed to read that guy's article with my eyes closed?
TheFonz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 10 2011, 11:22 AM) *
PBF ain't hero material, IMO.

George Washington was a hero.

Thomas Paine was a hero.

Major General Smedley Butler (USMC), is quite possibly the greatest hero in the history of the United States of America.

Martin Luther King was a hero.

Caesar Chavez was a hero.

Muhammed Ali is a hero.

Pac is a hero (though not to me).

Arce is a hero.

Pretty Boy Floyd don't measure up.

Add Dan Daly and Chesty Puller.
Run and Gun Game Calls
I want the american tradition of all time great fighters to continue, and would love nothing more than floyd to be a guy you could support. Its just business to him, which is sad, when he has the public visibility to breath live back into american boxing. He could be such an influence on the youth in america.
neophyte7
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 10 2011, 11:16 AM) *
You could have spared us that bulshit...

exactly...
HaydelHammer
Master P has already informed the public about heroes

gravytrain
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ May 10 2011, 02:00 PM) *
I want the american tradition of all time great fighters to continue, and would love nothing more than floyd to be a guy you could support. Its just business to him, which is sad, when he has the public visibility to breath live back into american boxing. He could be such an influence on the youth in america.

it isn't just a business with Pac? Pac chose Mosley over Marquez and Berto, it wasn't all Arum like Pac makes it out to be. Pac has also been on record saying he only doesn't want testing the day before the fight, why let your people say you want a 2 week cutoff if not to get more money out of the fight by postponing it?
leonthegee
Floyd is the devil and pac is god. Weve heard all that bullshit before. We all know what would happen if these two were to meet. Yet fans miss all objectivity. Other than Larry Merchant I havent heard 1 other boxing analist pick Manny to win. Its laughable really.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ May 10 2011, 01:00 PM) *

Thats what parents are for.(Bold Part) The players in football get caught all of the time, plus they are talking about going to the Olympic style testing. Players in baseball get caught also. you can't really test a retired player for steroids.
neophyte7
AMEN. GET OFF THE BULLSHIT. charles barkley made a great point years ago when he said he was not a role model. Steroids has run rampant in all the major sports. Floyd's demanding Olympic style testing in his fights is not a "bad" thing no matter how people try to spin it. If Pac were as "holy" as people make him out to be then he would take the test not for Floyd, but for integrity of sports period... and to establish himself as a clean athlete. With all of the steroid users in all sports being revealed Pac and every fighter should be tested. American sports is dirty and athletes as we speak are juicing for advantages and will continue to do so until caught or strict testing guidelines are established. Pac may very well be the AROD OF BOXING... SINE BEING EXPOSED AND ADMITTING TO USING THE JUICE AROD went from someone who would be the home run KING to barely being able to get 25-30 homers...
PR316
Floyd doesn't give a shit about cleaning up boxing with Olympic style drug testing.

All he cares about is putting whatever excuses he can to avoid Pacquiao.
thehype
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 10 2011, 07:39 PM) *
Floyd doesn't give a shit about cleaning up boxing with Olympic style drug testing.

All he cares about is putting whatever excuses he can to avoid Pacquiao.

Seems to me like Bob Arum is the one offering up all the excuses.

laugh.gif

I'm just sayin'.

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
Floyd's problem is he doesn't stand up for himself when others out there say things about the negotiations or whatever.

You can say he doesn't have to, or shouldn't have to, and that's all good. But the point is that the public can only make judgements on the information at hand.

And if you have one side saying "we agreed to everything they asked for. Drug tests? Agreed. Everything they've asked for, we've agreed to", and you have the other side not saying shit, then it's only natural that the public is going to say "well, Floyd isn't denying it, so I guess it must be true."

I remember when Jose Canseco came out with that book accusing all these ballplayers of taking steroids. On sports radio every single host just about said "if (Player X) doesn't file a lawsuit against Canseco on grounds of defamation/slander/libel then we'll know it's true"

That may not be fair, but it's the way shit is. And so if someone comes along and makes comments about you and you don't refute them, why should anyone NOT believe that it could be true?

For all of Arum's snake-like activities, he's working the public. But despite how well he's working the public, it's Floyd's fault because he refuses to step in and say "oh you agreed? Did you agree to blood testing UP TIL FIGHT NIGHT?" And that puts the onus back on Pac's team to either say yes or no.

That also could paint him into a corner though if they say YES, cause then it's him moving the goalposts in allegedly demanding 100million minimum to fight.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 10 2011, 09:44 PM) *
What happened with the article?

looooooooooool, seriously? Take one guess.
Snoop
Can someone link me to the article. Sounds interesting. laugh.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (thehype @ May 11 2011, 12:33 AM) *

laugh.gif

I'm just sayin'.

laugh.gif

do you think they would have just found something else if not for the testing? i think it makes too much sense for them to hold off on the fight. i mean would Pac even be boxing now if he lost to Mayweather? Arum doesn't exactly have a thick stable so losing Pac would have been devastating, he is making a lot more with Pac around too.
Byrd Man
I like the author's work, for the most part. I think he knows his boxing and tends to back up what he says with facts. That said, I wasn't that big a fan of THAT piece.

But other than that, him and Vivek Wallace are two boxing writers I respect what they have to say.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ May 11 2011, 02:33 PM) *

laugh.gif

I'm just sayin'.

laugh.gif

Not that you would have any bias for Floyd with the interviews he does for FH & hanging out with him in Vegas.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 10 2011, 11:37 PM) *
Not that you would have any bias for Floyd with the press releases he does for FH & hanging out with him in Vegas.

fixed.
Snoop
Guy had a point until he semi-started pulling the race card towards the end of the article and making Mayweather to be any sort of hero to the sport. I'm sure Floyd does some good things for the community behind the scenes (handing out turkeys, Mayweather foundation, etc.), but his public boxing persona has been all about himself; in fact, that's what has made him so sellable as a character in the game. Makes me wonder what he's really like in real life.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 11 2011, 06:59 AM) *
Guy had a point until he semi-started pulling the race card towards the end of the article and making Mayweather to be any sort of hero to the sport. I'm sure Floyd does some good things for the community behind the scenes (handing out turkeys, Mayweather foundation, etc.), but his public boxing persona has been all about himself; in fact, that's what has made him so sellable as a character in the game. Makes me wonder what he's really like in real life.

A twat
Run and Gun Game Calls
wow I thought the web site war with BT was long over with. Sorry for posting an article i found there, lol

As for the whole athletes not being heros, lets be honest. They dont have to want to be, they are by default. Alot of the great fighters off all time have not come from leave it to beaver house holds. The idealistic parental Heros were just not there.
neophyte7
On the 24/7 when he fought DLH, PBF's physician (some white dude) said he was shocked at how people see mayweather. he said floyd was a classic gentleman and nothing like his projection and what others say and think of him... he said floyd was a great person...
Snoop
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 11 2011, 08:49 AM) *
A twat

And you would know that how?
Hops
Floyd is reminiscent of Lennox Lewis after retiring. Lennox consistently showed himself up for interviews after every Klitz fight telling people how he could have beaten the Klitz... when he (Lennox) could have done so 10 times by fighting.

And yeah, Floyd's only important to us boxing.
thehype
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 11 2011, 02:22 AM) *
Oh....I tried to look up the article. I think it was from boxinqtalk.com

Though the link that was originally posted here wasn't from boxinqtalk.

There was no link originally posted here. It was the entire article, and as I've already told you before, I was asked, not so politely I might add, to not allow people from our community to post copyrighted material from that website.
neophyte7
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 11 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Oh, that's all I needed to change my perception of the arrogant little prick, "PBF's physician (some white dude) . . . said floyd was a great person," years ago.

I don't care what kind of person he is. I don't care who he assaults. I don't care how many people he threatens. I don't give a fuck what he drives, who he fucks, how many bodyguards he has, how many gangsters he claims he is in control of. The law will take care of all of that.

PBF is just another meaningless little arrogant prick IMO, until he decides to get back in the ring. His only value in my reality is what he does as a professional boxer. Other than that, he don't qualify as an ingrown cunt hair on Mother Earth.

LMAO.... BEARDO--exactly the response I was looking for...your perception is your perception... perception points to multiple realities. If PBF is so MEANINGLESS IT AMAZES ME HOW MUCH HE IS DISCUSSED-- A MEANINGLESS PRICK SHOULD NOT BE discussed at all.. his name should generate no threads or responses... even not fighting THIS MEANINGLESS PRICK is the most discussed fighter LMAO---
thehype
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 11 2011, 02:37 AM) *
Not that you would have any bias for Floyd with the interviews he does for FH & hanging out with him in Vegas.

Bias has nothing to do with anything. Someone said he was making up all the excuses, but considering that he barely speaks to anyone in the media, I find that hard to believe...especially since it's not true.

On the contrary, Bob Arum talks to just about every media outlet out there, and it has been Bob Arum that's been making up all of the excuses for Floyd.

First, Arum says the fight won't happen because Floyd has no right to ask for testing because it's the commission's job.

Then, Arum says the fight won't happen because Floyd insulted and defamed Pacquiao.

Next, Arum says the fight won't happen because Floyd's uncle and trainer, Roger, was dealing with legal issues...then he proceeds to tell all the media on that 3 AM ET conference call that we shouldn't blame Floyd for that.

Now, Arum just says the fight won't happen because of Floyd's legal issues.

Whether he's doing interviews with FH or not, facts or facts. Those were ALL excuses given to you by Bob Arum, not Floyd Mayweather.

Not once did Floyd ever say he wasn't available to fight. Bob Arum has manipulated the media and the fans to the point where they don't even question it anymore...they just blindly accept whatever he says.

Now, I'm not even defending Floyd on that because, truth be told, he's allowed Bob Arum to manipulate the media simply because he doesn't really care what they say about him. HOWEVER, I am saying that Floyd has never made an excuse to NOT fight Pacquiao. From day one, all he keeps saying is take the tests. Thus far, I have yet to hear Manny Pacquiao say, "I will agree to random blood and urine testing leading all the way up until the fight." Any time he or Arum are asked about that, they tap dance around the question or give a vague answer, like, "We've agreed to all his demands." Even when asked point blank if they agreed to random blood testing leading all the way up until the fight, Bob Arum simply replied, "Well, not exactly to the extent you just said, but it's been worked out." WTF does "worked out" mean? Did he agree or not? The minute I hear Pacquiao or Arum say they've agreed to random blood testing leading all the way up until the fight, then if Floyd comes up with some crazy excuse, then okay...I'll agree with that previous comment about him coming up with excuses. But thus far, Floyd has said one thing and one thing only....take the tests. Meanwhile, Bob Arum has offered up a slew of reasons why the fight isn't happening. I'm just sayin.

Sure was fun hanging out with him in Vegas though.

laugh.gif

For the record, it's fun hanging out with Manny Pacquiao too....although sometimes you feel like he's talking about you when he all of a sudden switches from English to Tagalog.

laugh.gif
neophyte7
LMAO... Arum is a slick Yahud.... slick tricky bastard... should have been a mossad agent LMAO
thehype
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ May 11 2011, 03:49 AM) *
wow I thought the web site war with BT was long over with. Sorry for posting an article i found there, lol

There is no war. I didn't even know the site existed in any type of form anymore. I guess mailbags and opinionated articles from writers who speak to very few industry people can keep it afloat though.

laugh.gif

But there is no war....I'm simply keeping my word that I'll try to ensure that none of their copyrighted material is posted here. I was asked to do that nearly 4 years ago...it's nothing new.

thehype
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 11 2011, 11:00 AM) *
Oh, that's all I needed to change my perception of the arrogant little prick, "PBF's physician (some white dude) . . . said floyd was a great person," years ago.

I don't care what kind of person he is. I don't care who he assaults. I don't care how many people he threatens. I don't give a fuck what he drives, who he fucks, how many bodyguards he has, how many gangsters he claims he is in control of. The law will take care of all of that.

PBF is just another meaningless little arrogant prick IMO, until he decides to get back in the ring. His only value in my reality is what he does as a professional boxer. Other than that, he don't qualify as an ingrown cunt hair on Mother Earth.

You don't care, and yet you waste your time talking about him?

dntknw.gif

I'm just sayin'.

laugh.gif
neophyte7
QUOTE (thehype @ May 11 2011, 11:42 AM) *
You don't care, and yet you waste your time talking about him?

dntknw.gif

I'm just sayin'.

laugh.gif

LMAO.... If PBF is so MEANINGLESS IT AMAZES ME HOW MUCH HE IS DISCUSSED-- A MEANINGLESS PRICK SHOULD NOT BE discussed at all.. his name should generate no threads or responses... even not fighting THIS MEANINGLESS PRICK is the most discussed fighter LMAO---
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ May 11 2011, 11:37 AM) *
For the record, it's fun hanging out with Manny Pacquiao too....although sometimes you feel like he's talking about you when he all of a sudden switches from English to Tagalog.

laugh.gif

You should bring an undercover Tagalog speaker with you.

laugh.gif

Send the tapes you already have to Snoop or BigG to translate.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 11 2011, 10:18 AM) *
On the 24/7 when he fought DLH, PBF's physician (some white dude) said he was shocked at how people see mayweather. he said floyd was a classic gentleman and nothing like his projection and what others say and think of him... he said floyd was a great person...

I remember that clip

I'm sure he isn't a bad guy. Pac ...all these guys off camera are normal. Problem is some folks see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear and base their reasonings on how they feel towards that fighter as the type of PERSON they are. They can't separate the two, and I make sure I don't cross that line.

I cant detest you as a fighter, but outside of that I have no idea how that person works inside when outside of the ring.

As remember...people are likely to base their opinion off the brash cocky floyd and say that is him vs the gentleman on dancing with the stars version, charity, interviews with his real peeps talk on him...etc...that's just how it works it seems. You are first bad now show me you are good ....not everybody is good so show show me how bad you are.

mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 11 2011, 09:14 AM) *
I remember that clip

I'm sure he isn't a bad guy. Pac ...all these guys off camera are normal. Problem is some folks see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear and base their reasonings on how they feel towards that fighter as the type of PERSON they are. They can't separate the two, and I make sure I don't cross that line.

I cant detest you as a fighter, but outside of that I have no idea how that person works inside when outside of the ring.

As remember...people are likely to base their opinion off the brash cocky floyd and say that is him vs the gentleman on dancing with the stars version, charity, interviews with his real peeps talk on him...etc...that's just how it works it seems. You are first bad now show me you are good ....not everybody is good so show show me how bad you are.

Don't beak me, but Khan is a super nice guy in person....just saying lol
Mean Mister Mustard
I've begun to have some empathy towards Mayweather. Sure, he acts like a prick outside the ring, what with his legal troubles and all, yet he's been putting in a lot of years in boxing, both as a pro and as an amateur, and he really seems to get very little respect from the media. Mayweather is full of boxing talent, and lots of money according to him, but I'm willing to bet that it nags at him to have guys in the media dismissing him and praising Pacquiao. I also suspect that the crying episode he had after the Baldomir fight came from having heard the boos, knowing that his celebrity friends had walked out of the arena before the 12th round, and then having to hear Merchant criticize him. I think that's when he realized "I just pitched a shut out and I get nothing but criticism for it. What do I have to do?" and then that's when he broke.

Perhaps that is partly why he has embraced being the villain. If you've tried and tried to please someone, and all you get is criticism back, then hostility seems like the perfect attitude to show. Might not be the best strategy to take, but it is many people's natural reaction. He's just simply not a good speaker and so it is hard for people to relate to him.
neophyte7
Good breakdown...
Snoop
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 11 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Good breakdown...

+ 1. Nice breakdown MMM.
Byrd Man
The "heel" never gets the respect that the good guy gets. Just the way it is. And Floyd ACTIVELY pursued being the heel of Boxing. Can't have it both ways. Can't want everyone to hate you and despise you, and then cry because nobody loves you.

Sybill ass fool.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 11 2011, 02:49 PM) *
And you would know that how?

I am FLoyd, and even i think i am a twat
STEVENSKI
I don't think anyone disrespects Mayweathers skills & "accomplishments". I certainly don't (to a point at least). He wanted to be the bad guy & part of that is people will dislike you. What is funny is Mayweather is not a "bad guy" & he never will be. His smile & posturing show it is all show. Someone like Vic is a genuine bad guy because he says he will put you in hospital & he does just that or gets beaten trying.
Hops
As SMARTYBEARDO says, Floyd is useless to us boxing fans if he doesn't fight. He might be useful to FH for the amount of hits it gets from the Pactards, though. Floyd may be a good samaritan in real life and if that's the case he may be useful to some people who receive his blessings. He can build a foundation for social services and he will be useful to the people who will benefit from it. But he's of no use to us boxing fans at the moment. Whether it's Bob Arum's fault, Pac's fault, Roach's fault, his ball's fault, etc.
Imperius3
Here's an even better breakdown:

thehype
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 11 2011, 11:04 PM) *
Of course you mean I waste my time on this site. I explained that fact in the Death of the message board thread. Kind of like playing cards or mindless board games for hours.

PBF is absolutely, positively meaningless in my world at this time. The last time he had any meaning whatsoever is a year ago v The Flinch. If he boxes professionally again, he might add up to more than squat, depending on who he fights. Until then he is just another arrogant little prick.

No...I meant exactly what I said.

What I mean is you say he's meaningless in your world, and yet, here I am talking to you about him. That doesn't sound like he's totally meaningless. When something is meaningless to me, I don't even waste my time talking about it. For example, Christy Martin is pretty fucking meaningless in my world, therefore, I don't waste my time talking about her (unless, of course, I'm using her as an example for something...like now).

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.