Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Mayweather Scoop
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The CEO
FH presents Floyd Mayweather's side of the story...Part 1 of an in-depth video series...

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content9899.html

Congratulations to Ben and anyone else who made it happen...
Spyder
Congrats on the exclusive access Ben!

"Me personally, I don't want to see a coward or a fighter that's scared fight."

Pretty much sums it up right there.
KookedKrack
Awesome interview smile_anim.gif
JLUVBABY
hopefully may gets more props now off this site at least... i doubt it... but i hope he does... may is not scared of pooch... i mean pac.. take the test and lets have a fight...
salvador
Great interview.

I think that's the first time I've seen Floyd as a sympathetic character. Arum is clearly playing him because Pac can make as much fighting Shane/Bradley/(whoever else will take the very short end of the stick) as he can make losing to Floyd. And I think Floyd is realizing that Arum is using Floyd to generate more interest for Pac and that Arum has no interest in taking the risk with his moneymaker. And why not make Floyd the very last fight of Pac's career - when Floyd is 35? Meanwhile there really isn't anyone for Floyd to fight.

Floyd could do himself a lot of good by being more honest/mellow when facing the public. And his argument regarding Pac and the PEDs is too rational to criticize.

mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (salvador @ May 11 2011, 10:37 AM) *
Great interview.

I think that's the first time I've seen Floyd as a sympathetic character. Arum is clearly playing him because Pac can make as much fighting Shane/Bradley/(whoever else will take the very short end of the stick) as he can make losing to Floyd. And I think Floyd is realizing that Arum is using Floyd to generate more interest for Pac and that Arum has no interest in taking the risk with his moneymaker. And why not make Floyd the very last fight of Pac's career - when Floyd is 35? Meanwhile there really isn't anyone for Floyd to fight.

Floyd could do himself a lot of good by being more honest/mellow when facing the public. And his argument regarding Pac and the PEDs is too rational to criticize.

If anything, his villainous image is making him alot more marketable and allowing him to earn a lot more money than he would if he were playnig the role of the good guy. Can you imagine if Mayweather and Pacquiao were gonna fight and they both played the role of the saint during the prefight buildup? There would be no animosity and little conflict to work. All this drama Mayweather has created by implying Pac is a roid user and all the Poochiao talk and Pac only fighting his leftovers has added onto their rivalry and even people who know virtually nothing about the sport, are aware of the blood tests and the steroid accusations etc.. It gives the fight a little more dramatic substance and entertainment value and that's what people want--a soap opera.

With that being said, Floyd's bad boy image has caused people to tune in. Despite being known as a boring fighter, millions still pay to see him fight in the hopes of seeing him get knocked the fuck out and lose to the good guy.
Method
All the talk of leftovers needs to be sidelined. Aside from Hatton, there ain't really anyone Floyd beat, that Manny fought, who hadnt already lost prior to Floyd fighting them (Gatti, DLH, Mosley). I could have missed a couple, but you get the point.

Im all for the sport being on the up and up, but leave THAT to the commission.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 11 2011, 11:17 AM) *
i mean pac.. take the test and lets have a fight...

I have a better idea. Let's just have a fight.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ May 11 2011, 12:18 PM) *
I have a better idea. Let's just have a fight.

Co.Sign

Bob Probert would be proud...
Byrd Man
WOW! I've never seen Floyd give an interview after a Manny fight.
HaydelHammer
Good Stuff!!!

I like the coward line. True-ist shit right there.

I also love the "make the right!" "we going to my momma house!" "where you going?" LOL
salvador
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 11 2011, 12:55 PM) *
If anything, his villainous image is making him alot more marketable and allowing him to earn a lot more money than he would if he were playnig the role of the good guy. Can you imagine if Mayweather and Pacquiao were gonna fight and they both played the role of the saint during the prefight buildup? There would be no animosity and little conflict to work. All this drama Mayweather has created by implying Pac is a roid user and all the Poochiao talk and Pac only fighting his leftovers has added onto their rivalry and even people who know virtually nothing about the sport, are aware of the blood tests and the steroid accusations etc.. It gives the fight a little more dramatic substance and entertainment value and that's what people want--a soap opera.

With that being said, Floyd's bad boy image has caused people to tune in. Despite being known as a boring fighter, millions still pay to see him fight in the hopes of seeing him get knocked the fuck out and lose to the good guy.

I think that the people who actually follow the trash talk between Floyd-Pac is minimal and would buy the fight anyway. Most of the world buys PPVs when the tv tells them they'll be tuning in to see the very best fighters in the world - or when Tyson or DLH is on the card. I suppose it's possible that his bad boy image has helped a little, but I really think it's more a matter of the fact that the sport has so few real stars and he is clearly the best in the sport.

I think the reason most people hate Floyd is because he never fights guys who might beat him - like Marg or Williams - and yet he talks as if he goes out of his way to fight the best. Most people buying the PPVs (at least my friends) don't know enough about him personally to have an opinion.

leonthegee
QUOTE (salvador @ May 11 2011, 02:17 PM) *
I think that the people who actually follow the trash talk between Floyd-Pac is minimal and would buy the fight anyway. Most of the world buys PPVs when the tv tells them they'll be tuning in to see the very best fighters in the world - or when Tyson or DLH is on the card. I suppose it's possible that his bad boy image has helped a little, but I really think it's more a matter of the fact that the sport has so few real stars and he is clearly the best in the sport.

I think the reason most people hate Floyd is because he never fights guys who might beat him - like Marg or Williams - and yet he talks as if he goes out of his way to fight the best. Most people buying the PPVs (at least my friends) don't know enough about him personally to have an opinion.

Margarito and Williams cant beat Floyd. No way no how. Floyd told Margarito to win some more fights and make a name for yourself. Then you will get your shot. But he lost to Daniel Santos who was driving a cab prior. And Paul Williams is overhyped. Especially as a ww. The guy landed 4 jabs in 4 rounds against Kermit Cintron. Not worthy of a slap boxing contest let alone a fight.
caneman
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 11 2011, 05:36 PM) *
Margarito and Williams cant beat Floyd. No way no how. Floyd told Margarito to win some more fights and make a name for yourself. Then you will get your shot. But he lost to Daniel Santos who was driving a cab prior. And Paul Williams is overhyped. Especially as a ww. The guy landed 4 jabs in 4 rounds against Kermit Cintron. Not worthy of a slap boxing contest let alone a fight.

PWill 4 jabs in 4 rounds? Are you kidding me? I will bet you this, PBF would never fight him!
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (salvador @ May 11 2011, 03:17 PM) *

I see where you're coming from, but I think i have to disagree. Even the most casual of fans can be able to decipher that Pac is considered a good guy, and Mayweather is the villain. Just look at how they're framed by the media and all the news outlets such as ESPN, HBO etc. When Pac is spoken about or being introduced, he is always referred to as being the savior of his nation, the rags to riches story who remained humble despite reaching superstardom. Mayweather on the other hand is represented as the villain; a charismatic trash-talker who is unafraid to speak his mind no matter how arrogant or absurd it may seen. When you see him on these news outlets you see him spoken about as "ducking Pacquiao" or engaging in heated debates with Brian Kenny etc. or about him and all his legal battles. These guys have been framed as such for atleast 3-4 years now, this is definitely not a recent occurence.

The idea of the good guy vs. bad guy of the sport is what makes this matchup especially dramatic and entertaining and leading into every Mayweather fight, when was the last time you remember him being framed as a good guy or even neutral?
salvador
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 11 2011, 05:36 PM) *

Nobody thought that at the time about marg or williams - not that that was the point.

salvador
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 11 2011, 05:52 PM) *
I see where you're coming from, but I think i have to disagree. Even the most casual of fans can be able to decipher that Pac is considered a good guy, and Mayweather is the villain. Just look at how they're framed by the media and all the news outlets such as ESPN, HBO etc. When Pac is spoken about or being introduced, he is always referred to as being the savior of his nation, the rags to riches story who remained humble despite reaching superstardom. Mayweather on the other hand is represented as the villain; a charismatic trash-talker who is unafraid to speak his mind no matter how arrogant or absurd it may seen. When you see him on these news outlets you see him spoken about as "ducking Pacquiao" or engaging in heated debates with Brian Kenny etc. or about him and all his legal battles. These guys have been framed as such for atleast 3-4 years now, this is definitely not a recent occurence.

The idea of the good guy vs. bad guy of the sport is what makes this matchup especially dramatic and entertaining and leading into every Mayweather fight, when was the last time you remember him being framed as a good guy or even neutral?

Obviously it helps to sell a particular fight to a degree. But I think that at Floyd's level, they're paying for the best. And I think Floyd could sell more tickets to fights that aren't megafights if people loved him - which they would if he was honest and down to earth (like in the interview) and if he fought opponents who might beat him.

In the interview he is likable and I think that works for him. I actually think he has misinterpreted his relationship with the media/fans and played it up incorrectly, but I'm about to go out and don't have time to elaborate now. I will later.
D-MARV
I think we get to see the "real" Floyd in these videos. It's hard to imagine that the same guy goes around threatening to kill people and bitch slapping security guards.

His image was produced, solely, to generate dollars. He's a smart dude and I think he knows exactly what he's doing. Last year the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight was worth a little over 50 million dollars, now it's up to 100 million. I think that Floyd will step up to the plate and hopefully Bob Arum is willing to do the same. This fight is worth so much money and It's hard to see either fighter pass that up!
leonthegee
QUOTE (caneman @ May 11 2011, 02:42 PM) *
PWill 4 jabs in 4 rounds? Are you kidding me? I will bet you this, PBF would never fight him!

According to compubox
leonthegee
QUOTE (salvador @ May 11 2011, 02:59 PM) *
Nobody thought that at the time about marg or williams - not that that was the point.

Anybody with two eyes and any sense did. At best those two were vollume punchers. Roger Mayweathers kid has more skill than both of those bums.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 11 2011, 05:47 PM) *
I think we get to see the "real" Floyd in these videos. It's hard to imagine that the same guy goes around threatening to kill people and bitch slapping security guards.

lol, that's what you're SUPPOSED to come away from it with. It's called "Damage control" and "Spin". Arum's been spinning shit his way with no opposition from Floyd, so now Floyd's doing it.

It's quite easy. Find a friendly website to get your side of the story out, aka what you want people to think, and then do an interview where you're all humble and kind and nice and "golly gee willikers, I can't believe what these other people are saying about me. I just wanna fair fight, and these evil people want to take drugs"

lol @ people buying into this as the REAL Floyd.

EDIT: same thing with whenever you see dudes like Dog the Bounty Hunter and others going out saying all this racist shit, and then they go on Sean Hannity's "Rehab Program" to let people know how that was just horrible and they don't really think like that, but they just lost control and they're ohhhhhhh so sorry. lol. It's manufactured reality, nothing more nothing less.

D-MARV
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 11 2011, 09:03 PM) *
lol, that's what you're SUPPOSED to come away from it with. It's called "Damage control" and "Spin". Arum's been spinning shit his way with no opposition from Floyd, so now Floyd's doing it.

It's quite easy. Find a friendly website to get your side of the story out, aka what you want people to think, and then do an interview where you're all humble and kind and nice and "golly gee willikers, I can't believe what these other people are saying about me. I just wanna fair fight, and these evil people want to take drugs"

Definitely not calling Floyd an angel... But people LIKE YOU (who gets an erection every time they get a chance to bash Floyd) think this Pacquiao shit is all on Floyd!

Pacquiao is NO BETTER than Floyd! lol @ people buying into Pacquiao's devilish smiles.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 11 2011, 06:07 PM) *
Definitely not calling Floyd an angel... But people LIKE YOU (who gets an erection every time they get a chance to bash Floyd) think this Pacquiao shit is all on Floyd!

Pacquiao is NO BETTER than Floyd! lol @ people buying into Pacquiao's devilish smiles.

I don't like Manny either. I thought I made that clear in the Manny/Marquez agree to terms thread. lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 11 2011, 09:03 PM) *

how does anyone on here know the real Floyd Mayweather?

jvo1800
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 11 2011, 01:55 PM) *

wow i've been saying this same shit for the longest and nobody seems to get it. Manny is just a face/good guy with good boxing skills who is getting robbed for most of his money while Floyd is the villain who everybody hates, criticizes, and claims that he is ducking fights.......but meanwhile he is the richest out of the buch all because he understands that a character added to great boxing skills equals triple the money of everybody else.
King Eugene
Good stuff Ben. Preciate the exclusive and keep'em coming.
Hops
I would like a copy of that agreement that he allegedly signed. So that Bob Arum may see it, refute Floyd's allegation, and then Floyd refuting Arum's refutation and then both will be forced to sign the same agreement again. This time forreal.

And I thought there was no negotiation that took place in the first place?
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 11 2011, 06:03 PM) *

EDIT: same thing with whenever you see dudes like Dog the Bounty Hunter and others going out saying all this racist shit, and then they go on Sean Hannity's "Rehab Program" to let people know how that was just horrible and they don't really think like that, but they just lost control and they're ohhhhhhh so sorry. lol. It's manufactured reality, nothing more nothing less.

well I don't think it's meant to portray the REAL Floyd since only Floyd and those close to him will ever know who the REAL Floyd is-- It is meant to get his opinion and expose ppl to his side of the story. Too many times all we see is Floyd being depicted as the villain and framed negatively based on the opinions and interpretations of sports reporters. How often have we had a chance to see Floyd speak his mind in an interview without constantly being interrupted and refuted (ala Brian Kenny or larry merchant) while speaking.

There are two sides to every story, and lately the media has been taking everything team Pacquiao and Top Rank have been saying and using that as the true source of information while twisting and misinterpreting team mayweather's words.

Ben did a great job here because unlike all the other interviewers, he gave Mayweather an opportunity to freely speak his mind and explain why he sees things the way he does and why he expects certain things. I've showed it to alot of m friends and it opened their eyes and gave them more respect for Mayweather because it isn't something they're used to seeing from him through the media.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 11 2011, 10:41 PM) *
well I don't think it's meant to portray the REAL Floyd since only Floyd and those close to him will ever know who the REAL Floyd is-- It is meant to get his opinion and expose ppl to his side of the story. Too many times all we see is Floyd being depicted as the villain, and framed negatively based on the opinions and interpretations of sports media and reporters. How often have we had a chance to see Floyd speak his mind in an interview without constantly being interrupted and refuted (ala Brian Kenny) while speaking.

There are two sides to every story, and lately the media has been taking everything team Pacquiao and Top Rank have been saying and using that as the true source of information, while twisting or misinterpreting the words of Mayweather jr. or sr. or the rest of the team.

Ben did a great job here because rather than doing what every other commentator would've done, let Mayweather speak his mind and explain why he sees things the way he does and why he expects certain things. I've showed it to alot of m friends and it opened their eyes and gave them more respect for Mayweather because it isn't something they're used to seeing from him through the media.

Well when you're only GETTING one side, there's not much else to do. If you have one side saying you're making all these unreasonable demands, and you don't step up and deny it, what is the presumption supposed to be?

That's the major reason that he's in this situation and that he HAS to put out these press release videos, because he's allowing himself to be portrayed negatively by Arum and Pac's people.

He should have stepped up and either denied saying things they're accusing him of, or justifying WHY he said/did those things. Instead he lies to everyone (saying there was no negotiations, even though the guy from HBO said that Top Rank was correct that there WERE) and keeps on letting his opponents work the media and control the flow of information.

Now he's trying to get back into it, but unfortunately for him, it's probably too late. Too many people have made up their minds based on what they've been hearing for months and months.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 11 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Well when you're only GETTING one side, there's not much else to do. If you have one side saying you're making all these unreasonable demands, and you don't step up and deny it, what is the presumption supposed to be?

That's the major reason that he's in this situation and that he HAS to put out these press release videos, because he's allowing himself to be portrayed negatively by Arum and Pac's people.

He should have stepped up and either denied saying things they're accusing him of, or justifying WHY he said/did those things. Instead he lies to everyone (saying there was no negotiations, even though the guy from HBO said that Top Rank was correct that there WERE) and keeps on letting his opponents work the media and control the flow of information.

Now he's trying to get back into it, but unfortunately for him, it's probably too late. Too many people have made up their minds based on what they've been hearing for months and months.

But like I said, when was the last time you were able to hear Floyd speak his mind freely in an interview without being interrupted or brushed offf condescendingly? His family has come out numerous times in his defence but nobody really seems to listen, or worse, they twist their words and frame it out of context. Not to mention all the legal battles that have kept him occupied and it doesn't really make it any easier for him to come out and speak about it

it's not like Floyd and his family haven't come out and spoken about it, but when he's interviewed by these big media outlets it is strictly done to antagonize him, they really could care less about Floyd trying to justify himself since it makes a lot more financial sense to market him negatively. Whenever Floyd and his family do come out and speak, they always have to resort to smaller outlets such as Fighthype or other boxing sites..sites that generate nowhere near the same amount of followers that a site such as ESPN or Yahoo or the others would receive whereas Pacquiao is commonly depicted on these major outlets, and done so in a positive way
mexi-cutioner

Look at how Maywaether and Pacquiao are framed. I guarantee you if that was Mayweather vs Margarito they were analyzing, they'd criticize Mayweather for being a coward and waiting till Margarito lost and got exposed b4 taking him on
Byrd Man
I agree, however it goes back to how you present yourself. Floyd has ROUTINELY presented himself as an antagonistic person. Anyone DARES question him, and then it's Floyd immediately getting defensive and lashing out. Look at any Brian Kenny interview. Kenny says something that Floyd doesn't agree with and it's "Brian Kenny doesn't know anything about boxing".

Ra The Rugged man, who admitted he had been a fan of Floyd's for years, brings up a lot of issues that the FANS are concerned with, and Floyd just started rambling about how he's the only thing keeping Boxing going, and that once he retires Boxing is dead.

He shows an incredible lack of respect for those that came before him, saying he's better than Ray Robinson and Ali because he never lost and they did.

When he does these things, all the while treating everyone around him in the media and opponents with a staggering amount of disrespect, what is the reaction SUPPOSED to be?

Are they supposed to kiss his ass anyway?

Manny, with all his faults, is the polar opposite, media relations wise, which is why the news coverage of the two are vastly different.

I once again draw the comparison to Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds. Both, by many people's estimation, were guilty of the same thing, however only one is getting dragged through the mud and the courts and being ripped in the media.

That's because, while they're both guilty, the way McGwire reacted and responded to the press throughout his career was in a mostly positive way, and Bonds treated everyone like shit, due to how he viewed them having abused his father.

It's like the old saying goes, never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel. The press can put out article after article after article burying you. Why would you PURPOSELY make them your enemy when you don't have to?
Byrd Man
Floyd is like the undercover cop who goes deep cover and gets sucked in and becomes a junkie trying to maintain his cover.

He's created this character, and he's become so adept at it that it's impossible to separate fiction from reality. It's impossible for us, the fans, to differentiate between Floyd the real person and Floyd the asshole-as-a-character.

I mean, shit in this very thread you have people openly pointing out that nobody knows who the real Floyd is. And that's because he's gotten so deep into being that character, that there's no way to tell when he's acting. Is it the asshole that is a "character" or is that the reality?
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 11 2011, 11:42 PM) *
I agree, however it goes back to how you present yourself. Floyd has ROUTINELY presented himself as an antagonistic person. Anyone DARES question him, and then it's Floyd immediately getting defensive and lashing out. Look at any Brian Kenny interview. Kenny says something that Floyd doesn't agree with and it's "Brian Kenny doesn't know anything about boxing".

Manny, with all his faults, is the polar opposite, media relations wise, which is why the news coverage of the two are vastly different.

When Mayweather is questioned about the steroid accusations and fighting Mayweather, even when he brushes off the question and leaves the viewer and interviewer unsatisfied, when do you ever see them interrogate manny and question him the way they do so often to Mayweather? No matter what Manny says the media will eat it up and continue showing him the utmost respect while berating and degrading Mayweather altogether

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 11 2011, 11:44 PM) *
Floyd is like the undercover cop who goes deep cover and gets sucked in and becomes a junkie trying to maintain his cover.

He's created this character, and he's become so adept at it that it's impossible to separate fiction from reality. It's impossible for us, the fans, to differentiate between Floyd the real person and Floyd the asshole-as-a-character.

I mean, shit in this very thread you have people openly pointing out that nobody knows who the real Floyd is. And that's because he's gotten so deep into being that character, that there's no way to tell when he's acting. Is it the asshole that is a "character" or is that the reality?

Arum recently responded to Mayweather's interview on fighthype
Dirty Arum Fires Back

In the article, he attacks Floyd, who really showed no hostility toward Arum other than saying that Arum said the same things he's saying about Pacquiao to Mayweather when he was with Top Rank and that he no longer needs a middle man..

Arum on the other hands, retorts with
“Even the lunatic fringe doesn’t listen to him now,” Arum said. “Are you talking about someone who is normal. Who else has so many (criminal cases) incidents like he does?

“He is not normal. He can’t target Manny so he goes after me, the old fart. I’m an easier target in and out of the ring.

“But only people like you…pay attention to him.”

Did you also notice the contrasting pictures portrayed in the article? Mayweather's photo is a mugshot whereas Pacquiao is surrounded by some of the biggest names in the sport, with a suit and smile on all their faces.

Mayweather's doing what anybody in his situation is doing and firing back. However, he doesn't even need to cross the line or say anything too hostile to be portrayed as a monster nonetheless.
mexi-cutioner
By no means am I defendng Mayweather and calling him a saint, i'm just stating it as I see it. While I do think Mayweather is an arrogant fool and my favorability towards Pacquiao has only increased following the wife beating accusations and security guard threats, I do feel the media has embellished his role as the bad guy for several years now while making Pacquiao look like a saint...little do we hear about the accusations of Pacquiao having an alleged affair on Jinkee with his movie co-star
Hops
I almost pitied Mayweather in that interview. But then I remembered no one forced him to show up on the Internet "bad mouthing" some persons. I forget my ID from time to time and the security guard who knows me, of course, reminds me of pinning it on so that he will allow me to enter. And Mayweather cannot seem to follow this simple rule lashing out at the guards.
Byrd Man
We BOTH AGREE that Manny gets a pass and Floyd gets trashed in the media. I agree with you, and there's really no denying that.

What I am saying is that Floyd has made his bed with the media over many years, and thus has to deal with the ramifications of routinely acting a fool and being disrespectful.

Manny has not established a reputation as an asshole.

So you're going to have assholes like Marley and Rick Rockwell over at the Examiner coming up with piece after piece after piece shitting on Floyd and bringing every negative thing up.

It's NOT fair. I agree about that. But at a certain point Floyd has to realize that he has put himself in this position. He WANTED to be hated, banking on attracting half of America paying to see him win, and the other half paying to see him lose.

It's a smart plan, and it's worked. But he wasn't banking on the level of backlash from many people. Whoever told him it was smart to go on racist tirades, and throw his money around like it's nothing, when hard working people are being fired/laid off and in some cases being evicted and becoming homeless, needs to be removed from his inner circle.

Because that has destroyed his chances to be the icon he truly desires to be. And that's sad, but it's a fact.

I've routinely said the thing I don't like about him is that disrespectful attitude. I can take arrogance and cockiness. Particularly in boxing, that's just par for the course. But it's the meanness that I don't get with. The disrespectful nature which turns me off. The throwing his wealth in the faces of the people who support him and who often times can't afford the PPV's but they do so anyway.

The dude is an incredible athlete and phsyical specimen. He's a phenom, plain and simple. But I detest mean spirited and disrepectful people. So that's why I really dislike him. I try not to HATE anyone, and I don't HATE Floyd. But I really dislike him for the aforementioned reasons.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 12:10 AM) *
We BOTH AGREE that Manny gets a pass and Floyd gets trashed in the media. I agree with you, and there's really no denying that.

What I am saying is that Floyd has made his bed with the media over many years, and thus has to deal with the ramifications of routinely acting a fool and being disrespectful.

Manny has not established a reputation as an asshole.

So you're going to have assholes like Marley and Rick Rockwell over at the Examiner coming up with piece after piece after piece shitting on Floyd and bringing every negative thing up.

It's NOT fair. I agree about that. But at a certain point Floyd has to realize that he has put himself in this position. He WANTED to be hated, banking on attracting half of America paying to see him win, and the other half paying to see him lose.

It's a smart plan, and it's worked. But he wasn't banking on the level of backlash from many people. Whoever told him it was smart to go on racist tirades, and throw his money around like it's nothing, when hard working people are being fired/laid off and in some cases being evicted and becoming homeless, needs to be removed from his inner circle.

Because that has destroyed his chances to be the icon he truly desires to be. And that's sad, but it's a fact.

I've routinely said the thing I don't like about him is that disrespectful attitude. I can take arrogance and cockiness. Particularly in boxing, that's just par for the course. But it's the meanness that I don't get with. The disrespectful nature which turns me off. The throwing his wealth in the faces of the people who support him and who often times can't afford the PPV's but they do so anyway.

The dude is an incredible athlete and phsyical specimen. He's a phenom, plain and simple. But I detest mean spirited and disrepectful people. So that's why I really dislike him. I try not to HATE anyone, and I don't HATE Floyd. But I really dislike him for the aforementioned reasons.

You're right and I agree with you as well. While I do marvel at Floyd and respect him as an athlete and a boxer, I dislike his arrogance and his seemingly invincible, I don't give a fuck attitude.

With that being said, I think that no matter what Floyd does, he will continue to be viewed and portrayed as the villain. At the end of the day, all the media outlets and every fan wants a Mayweather-Pacquiao matchup and what's allowed this potential match up to garner so much interest is the projected good vs. evil match up. After fights with clottey, Margarito and now Mosley, the media has the capabilities to make Pac look negative, but that would take away from one of the most important aspects of this fight, the storyline. It may sound absurd, but part of what makes a boxing promotion good is the story line. Whether or not there is a rivalry between the fighters, whether there is a protagonist and antagonist and the level of conflict that has been built up and can only be settled on fight night.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
"Dogs are white man's best friend." laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Are you fucken serious? I can't believe Hype didn't call him on that one. He's sitting right next to him in the car. Sometimes Floyd is a whole new level of stupid. Maybe he could write a book called "The Wisdom of Floyd Mayweather Junior." A short book maybe but very funny no less.

The chapter on the history of dogs may be briefer still.

But hey it could add a few bucks to the 23 million he makes each month. laugh.gif
Method
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 15 2011, 04:48 AM) *
"Dogs are white man's best friend." laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, that's why you see them in the white man's rap videos all the time.

Did this guy REALLY just try and compare Tiger Woods' situation to Ben Rothelsburger? What a fucking moron.
neophyte7
I did not listen to or see the video., so I will reserve the MORONIC VIEW until I do the knowledge... Yet He and anyone can introspectively look at the ongoing media assault and slander Woods got for his infidelities.., VICK or his... Lawrence Taylor.. for a short list... while Roethelisbegger was blamed for 2 rapes and not hardly a peep on it for over a year... I mean nothing was ever proven on BIG BEN I guess ... who is a great quarterback, yet when not engaging in flight analysis and attempting evade the real truth... one could question why Black athletes receive much more media scrutiny relative to off the field, ring, etc... incidents...
KookedKrack
I'm not white and I wub.gif my dog.

What he said about Big Ben was real shit though if that would have been a black player I think thing would have been a lot different.
Method
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 15 2011, 10:44 AM) *
I did not listen to or see the video., so I will reserve the MORONIC VIEW until I do the knowledge... Yet He and anyone can introspectively look at the ongoing media assault and slander Woods got for his infidelities.., VICK or his... Lawrence Taylor.. for a short list... while Roethelisbegger was blamed for 2 rapes and not hardly a peep on it for over a year... I mean nothing was ever proven on BIG BEN I guess ... who is a great quarterback, yet when not engaging in flight analysis and attempting evade the real truth... one could question why Black athletes receive much more media scrutiny relative to off the field, ring, etc... incidents...

Are you serious? Ben Rothelsberger is but one guy among a sea of stars in the NFL (and he's pretty fucking plain, at that), accusations came out, and nothing happened.

Tiger Woods was THE FACE OF GOLF. Numero Uno. An ICON

Apples and oranges, man.

Big Ben was never found guilty of anything (I am NOT saying he did or didn't do anything), but he was suspended from football.

Woods yanked his own damn self out of golf. He wasn't suspended. 2 or so women came fwd on Big Ben. You had double digit bitches coming fwd on Woods. Woods was a much bigger deal. Much higher profile. A helluva lot more drama. Tiger was married. Big Ben wasn't. Tiger one of the biggest endorsed athletes. Big Ben not.

One's actions were potentially criminal.

The other's, not a crime.

Really not sure how the comparison is relevant.

Woods' shit got much more attention because the way the story broke - "Tiger Woods in a car accident, in critical condition". Then its "His wife beat him w a golf club" etc etc. Then woman after woman, day after day, week after week coming forward with stories. Race had ZERO to do with that. It was all about the magnitude of the story, and it was all Hollywood gossip driven. Plus, Tiger Woods is a much bigger ICON than Ben Rothelsberger.
xxxxxx
FLOYD....Thanks for doing the videos, but when you gonna fight man? Boxing needs you in the Ring.
JLUVBABY
floyd was correct at what he was hinting at in his convos with ben concerning the white and black issues... no matter how you try to twist it the black athlete has always had to endure more than other races of athletes IN THIS COUNTRY... facts are facts... i dont quite agree about the dog comment but thats about the only one i think is questionable... the guy is right on just about every thing else he had to say concerning race rather you wish to believe it or not... well let me say he is correct on what he said coming from the black perspective... truth is a black man and a white man, IN THIS COUNTRY, live two different lives no matter how close their backgrounds may resemble each other... i grew up not wanting for a damn thing traveling the world etc as a kid and i can still tell you what it feels like to be called a nigger... it just is what it is... but if you havent lived that you can have an opinion but can you really have a valid comment?...
caneman
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 15 2011, 09:53 AM) *
I'm not white and I wub.gif my dog.

What he said about Big Ben was real shit though if that would have been a black player I think thing would have been a lot different.

Dogs are better than most people!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 15 2011, 04:41 PM) *
floyd was correct at what he was hinting at in his convos with ben concerning the white and black issues... no matter how you try to twist it the black athlete has always had to endure more than other races of athletes IN THIS COUNTRY... facts are facts... i dont quite agree about the dog comment but thats about the only one i think is questionable... the guy is right on just about every thing else he had to say concerning race rather you wish to believe it or not... well let me say he is correct on what he said coming from the black perspective... truth is a black man and a white man, IN THIS COUNTRY, live two different lives no matter how close their backgrounds may resemble each other... i grew up not wanting for a damn thing traveling the world etc as a kid and i can still tell you what it feels like to be called a nigger... it just is what it is... but if you havent lived that you can have an opinion but can you really have a valid comment?...

JLUV I don't live in America and I'm not black so yeah correct I can't comment on that aspect of it.

However when Floyd says absolutely fucken stupid shit like "a dog is a white man's best friend" then yes I feel like I have enough experience with dogs to call that B.S laugh.gif

Dog fighting is to me a sport so abhorrent that I can't belive Vick didn't get jailed for life. The fact that he is now out of the clink and back earning millions of dollars boggles my fucken mind regardless of what colour his skin is. I can't help but think Vick got off LIGHTLY. Good to know Floyd is standing up for the deers of the world though.

The reason Floyd gets heat so much is because he says/does stoopid shit. It's like Loosey Lohan. That bitch gets absolutely hounded by the press because she is a walking car crash and the press will not stop until she finally self destructs. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is a red headed, freckle faced pale as pale can be woman.

Same goes for Paris Hilton or even mr Tiger Bloood himself Charlie Sheen. Celebrities blowing up is big business and the press are going to go after them regardless of race, age or gender.

Honestly some of the crap he's been spouting in these video's is so way off base it's crazy. What's actually funny about it though is Floyd delivers these little pearls of wisdom like he's put so much thought into them, like it is some kind of revelation to the masses. He's like the little retarded boy at school you pat on the head and say "sure Goober I couldn't agree with you more."
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 15 2011, 05:57 PM) *
JLUV I don't live in America and I'm not black so yeah correct I can't comment on that aspect of it.

However when Floyd says absolutely fucken stupid shit like "a dog is a white man's best friend" then yes I feel like I have enough experience with dogs to call that B.S laugh.gif

Dog fighting is to me a sport so abhorrent that I can't belive Vick didn't get jailed for life. The fact that he is now out of the clink and back earning millions of dollars boggles my fucken mind regardless of what colour his skin is. I can't help but think Vick got off LIGHTLY. Good to know Floyd is standing up for the deers of the world though.

The reason Floyd gets heat so much is because he says/does stoopid shit. It's like Loosey Lohan. That bitch gets absolutely hounded by the press because she is a walking car crash and the press will not stop until she finally self destructs. Now correct me if I'm wrong but this is a red headed, freckle faced pale as pale can be woman.

Same goes for Paris Hilton or even mr Tiger Bloood himself Charlie Sheen. Celebrities blowing up is big business and the press are going to go after them regardless of race, age or gender.

Honestly some of the crap he's been spouting in these video's is so way off base it's crazy. What's actually funny about it though is Floyd delivers these little pearls of wisdom like he's put so much thought into them, like it is some kind of revelation to the masses. He's like the little retarded boy at school you pat on the head and say "sure Goober I couldn't agree with you more."

well thats why i called it... i love dogs.. and all my dogs ive ever owned are considered a part of the family so yeah in my opinion that was bullshit... i dont doubt floyd does things like flashing his wealth at a time when most of this country is struggling is fucked up on his part... i dont doubt that and i understand thats why a lot of people have major issues with the guy... my only point was what he had to say concerning race from a black mans perspective where we live was pretty much dead on... now with that being said that is an opinionated fact on my behalf that just so happens to be shared by many other people i know... same as, as mayweather called them, "house niggers", these blacks will tell you everything is fine... things are not fine they are only marginally better then where they where doing the turbulant times of the 60's and before... not trying to turn this into a political or racial topic but i call it like i see it... yeah he says some things i didnt agree with but not much.. i hope there are more than 7 parts to the convo cuzz im really into it...
HaydelHammer
Thanks for the raw and un cut floyd series so far hype. This is some good stuff man. Keep em coming.

tgv
Man now this is a Floyd Mayweather information site, strait from the man's mouth, great job on the interview, just wish he would come back and fight, against any top ten fighter in his weight class, the sport of boxing is just not the same with out MONEY, im not a Manny Hater but he needs to be on a level playin field and take some sort of test just to clear his name, but i dought he will take any tests, kind of reminds me of Lance Armstrongs situation, it must be something that cant be detected, but again thanks fight Hype on the Mayweater scoop...no matter if he is inactive he is still the number 1 pound for pound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.