Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bernard Hopkins shits on Donovan McNabb
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Warlord
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl-wp1972

Somewhere Avon Barksdale is crying.
Byrd Man
yeah I posted about this in the other Bernard thread. Fucking ridiculous. He continues with the racebaiting comments, either about "white boys" or now calling Donovan a House Slave (to put it mildly).

Fuck him, I hope Pascal beats his bitch ass.
Warlord
McNabb is a douchebag. Hopkins didn't phrase it in a way that most people would appreciate, but the gist is there.

I never liked McNabb as a player. Mentally weak cry baby and a perennial victim.
neophyte7
Mcnabb is a great quarterback and still has some game left. Hopkins being who he is in Philadelphia, got inside scoops from athletes who talk to Hops about real issues such as this one being threaded... he got reports FROM athletes who voiced their perceptions of Mcnabb being a House ni%%a. Hopkins being a natural FIELD HAND rebel type will always be someone who gets these types of conversations LMAO... House slave mentality is real. You don't have to be black to understand what Hopkins is saying and In relality more whites probably understand than do blacks!!! black, white, latino.. whatever ---if you have not studied and understand real true American history you don't know and cannot appreciate what the phuck Hopkins was breaking down...
Method
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 12 2011, 12:56 AM) *
McNabb is a douchebag. Hopkins didn't phrase it in a way that most people would appreciate, but the gist is there.

I never liked McNabb as a player. Mentally weak cry baby and a perennial victim.

Well said. Im from Philadelhia. Played football. Watch football. Eagles have (and always will be) my team.

A Statisticianís dream. An aspiring championís nightmare.

Add to that too much hamming it up on the sidelines in clutch situations - always smirking and bullshit. Hobnobbing with the enemy after the games. You all just watched Shane Mosley set the record for attempting to hug and touch gloves - Welcome to life w McNabb.

He's NOT a clutch player. Not a winner.
Method
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 12 2011, 12:56 AM) *
McNabb is a douche bag. Hopkins didn't phrase it in a way that most people would appreciate, but the gist is there.

Well said. Im from Philadelphia. Played football. Watch football. Eagles have (and always will be) my team.

A Statisticianís dream. An aspiring championís nightmare.

Add to that too much hamming it up on the sidelines in clutch situations - always smirking and bullshit. Hobnobbing with the enemy after the games. You all just watched Shane Mosley set the record for attempting to hug and touch gloves - Welcome to life w McNabb.

He's NOT a clutch player. Not a winner.

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 12 2011, 11:06 AM) *
Mcnabb is a great quarterback and still has some game left. Hopkins being who he is in Philadelphia, got inside scoops from athletes who talk to Hops about real issues such as this one being threaded... he got reports FROM athletes who voiced their perceptions of Mcnabb being a House ni%%a. Hopkins being a natural FIELD HAND rebel type will always be someone who gets these types of conversations LMAO... House slave mentality is real. You don't have to be black to understand what Hopkins is saying and In reality more whites probably understand than do blacks!!! black, white, Latino.. whatever ---if you have not studied and understand real true American history you don't know and cannot appreciate what the phuck Hopkins was breaking down...

EXACTLY. There is a LONGSTANDING ARGUMENT among Philly sports fans about McNabb and the very crux of Hopkins' comments. Hopkins is a die-hard Philly sports fan (everyone from Philly is). He's readily admitted that over and over the past few years. For the guy to watch HOCKEY? How many African Americans from the inner city are hockey fans? Welcome to Philadelphia sports. Hopkins is speaking as much from the sports fan perspective...probably MORE SO...than he is from an African American judging another.
SENTRAL
Hopkins is straight out racist but he probably can't rid himself of the vision, not to mention, the pain, of being repeatedly sodomized whilst serving time in the jailhouse.

As great a fighter as he has been Hops has never had any class.† It's all started to surface so much more in recent years and it's another reason why I hope Pascal finishes him in their rematch. †

Harsh, crude, but hey, it's true.
Byrd Man
ESPN's First Take talked about this today. I agree with them 100%.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6533733
Method
Hopkins never ever said "McNabb is not 'black enough'". That's the problem with this ESPN segment and every other media outlet that is basing a story off of the Daily News article. The Daily News never said it either. They said it was "implied".

The HEART of Hopkins' argument was that Donovan McNabb was the HOUSE CAT. He was. That is NOT for dispute. Donovan implicates himself by stating he felt "betrayed" by the Eagles brass when he was traded.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/121618523.html
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2011, 04:00 PM) *
Hopkins never ever said "McNabb is not 'black enough'". That's the problem with this ESPN segment and every other media outlet that is basing a story off of the Daily News article. The Daily News never said it either. They said it was "implied".

The HEART of Hopkins' argument was that Donovan McNabb was the HOUSE CAT. He was. That is NOT for dispute. Donovan implicates himself by stating he felt "betrayed" by the Eagles brass when he was traded.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/121618523.html

How does Donovan saying that he felt betrayed, "implicate" him in the idea that he was a House Negro in Philly? Come on, man. This shit is ridiculous.

Bernard's a fucking racist, period point blank. He brings up this McNabb shit out of the blue, unsolicited, all in the name of promoting a fight.

He's put himself squarely in line with what was one of Ali's worst moments, when he race baited Frazier just to sell the fucking fight. It was despicable when Ali did it and it's despicable here.

It's CLEAR he was attacking McNabb saying he wasn't black enough. Stop nitpicking and saying "well he didn't specifically say the words", when you know what he meant and what he was saying.

That's the same shit people pull with Glenn Beck. "he never advocated violence, he never said "go and shoot these people", yet there's numerous people who have done just that based on the things he's said.

It's ridiculous and Bernard's a piece of shit. I hope Pascal punishes him bad.
Method
The crux of his argument is that McNabb was the house cat...the house negro with the Eagles Organization. THAT is accurate. If it wasn't, McNabb wouldn't have felt so "betrayed" at being traded. The reality is that McNabb was handed a $100M contract w/o doing SHIT, and once he was, he became that corporate guy for the Eagles...never opening his mouth to voice the team needs, etc. It was only when he felt he was on the outs, when he started getting benched for his SHITTY play that he started speaking up. FUCK McNabb and his whiny SHIT.

Bottom line is Hopkins is a Champion. McNabb is NOT. Hopkins is a Hall of Famer. McNabb is Not. Hopkins has had clutch performances. McNabb has NOT

McNabb lasted a whole 30 seconds in Washington. The jig is up.

You're the one nitpicking, jerkoff, cuz you dont know jack shit about Philly sports, or the article. What does the last thing in the Daily News article say? "While Hopkins does question McNabb's 'METTLE'". The point that he brought up about McNabb being brought up in a 'burb in Chi was in reference to McNabb's LACK OF TOUGHNESS (read: METTLE).

You're too fucking dumb to know the difference.

Who cares. McNabb is a whiny corporate bitch who thought he was the organization's guy because he took the loot and towed the company line. When guys like Tom Brady restructured their contracts to get guys signed, McNabb sat up on the porch and played the good soldier.
Byrd Man
Nah you're right. It's perfectly fine for Bernard "Race Card" Hopkins to spew his garbage about someone that has JACK SHIT to do with his upcoming fight. It's all promo man. It's bullshit.

Maybe Donovan felt betrayed because he gave his all for that fucking franchise and that piece of shit city and yet they shit on him at every opportunity. Draft Day they boo him, even after he won conference titles, pro bowls, helped them to a super bowl, it's never good enough.

They shit on him at every turn, which is what Philly does. They cheered Michael Irvin possibly having a career ending neck injury and being carted off the field on a stretcher. Not like I should expect anyone from there to have class.

Although I'm a huge fan of The Roots and Jill Scott though. So there's that. lol
Method
If the guy has JACK SHIT to do with his upcoming fight, how is it "all promotion", you idiot?

McNabb never "won Pro Bowls", jack ass.

Donovan felt betrayed because he towed the company line, was their house cat, and they benched him for shit play and traded him.

The fans have nothing to do with management moves.

I LOVE this DMV mentality that so many people have. The first whiff of anything racially controversial and so many ignorant people shit themselves and go off on a rant.

Its GREAT entertainment.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2011, 04:49 PM) *
If the guy has JACK SHIT to do with his upcoming fight, how is it "all promotion", you idiot?

McNabb never "won Pro Bowls", jack ass.

Donovan felt betrayed because he towed the company line, was their house cat, and they benched him for shit play and traded him.

The fans have nothing to do with management moves.

I LOVE this DMV mentality that so many people have. The first whiff of anything racially controversial and so many ignorant people shit themselves and go off on a rant.

Its GREAT entertainment.

1. I meant it has nothing to do with the fight, and he's saying this shit to get press. He just randomly goes off, calling Donovan a house negro, when no one even brought up McNabb. He just goes off on him for no reason other than to stir up stuff about the fight. Cause now all these websites and ESPN and whatnot are all going to be talking about Bernard's fight coming up, many of them probably not normally talking about boxing.

2. I meant went to Pro Bowls, not "won" them. My bad.

3. the Philly comment was more geared towards Bernard. Him being from Philly and seeing how most of them seem to carry themselves when it comes to sports, is why I shouldn't be surprised.
caneman
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2011, 06:22 PM) *
The crux of his argument is that McNabb was the house cat...the house negro with the Eagles Organization. THAT is accurate. If it wasn't, McNabb wouldn't have felt so "betrayed" at being traded. The reality is that McNabb was handed a $100M contract w/o doing SHIT, and once he was, he became that corporate guy for the Eagles...never opening his mouth to voice the team needs, etc. It was only when he felt he was on the outs, when he started getting benched for his SHITTY play that he started speaking up. FUCK McNabb and his whiny SHIT.

Bottom line is Hopkins is a Champion. McNabb is NOT. Hopkins is a Hall of Famer. McNabb is Not. Hopkins has had clutch performances. McNabb has NOT

McNabb lasted a whole 30 seconds in Washington. The jig is up.

You're the one nitpicking, jerkoff, cuz you dont know jack shit about Philly sports, or the article. What does the last thing in the Daily News article say? "While Hopkins does question McNabb's 'METTLE'". The point that he brought up about McNabb being brought up in a 'burb in Chi was in reference to McNabb's LACK OF TOUGHNESS (read: METTLE).

You're too fucking dumb to know the difference.

Who cares. McNabb is a whiny corporate bitch who thought he was the organization's guy because he took the loot and towed the company line. When guys like Tom Brady restructured their contracts to get guys signed, McNabb sat up on the porch and played the good soldier.

LMFAO! Spoken just like a true Philly fan and with truth! Good stuff JB!
Method
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 07:56 PM) *
1. I meant it has nothing to do with the fight, and he's saying this shit to get press. He just randomly goes off, calling Donovan a house negro, when no one even brought up McNabb. He just goes off on him for no reason other than to stir up stuff about the fight. Cause now all these websites and ESPN and whatnot are all going to be talking about Bernard's fight coming up, many of them probably not normally talking about boxing.

2. I meant went to Pro Bowls, not "won" them. My bad.

3. the Philly comment was more geared towards Bernard. Him being from Philly and seeing how most of them seem to carry themselves when it comes to sports, is why I shouldn't be surprised.

How the FUCK do you know NOBODY brought up McNabb? Seriously. Why the fuck would you say that? I'd lay size that Philly press brought up McNabb to a Philly fighter in a Philly gym when it is KNOWN they have "beef". I'm SURE someone mentioned McNabb's name and Hopkins just went off on one of his rants, and by the time he's done they forget all about how it was brought up.

Funny, cuz it just broke in Washington DC today that Donovan refused to wear a wristband when he couldnt remember the plays because he didnt want people to think he was stupid. House cat.

McNabb's a whiny bitch. A choke artists.

Seriously, though, Byrdman, I'm not trying to attack you or get into it anymore. Ive been calling McNabb out for years (as have MANY...not all...Philly fans have).

I do think all this media "outrage" is hilarious, because the Daily News article was all based on "implication" and all the other articles were based on the Daily News article. I would think they'd take more exception to the actual quotes of house negro, etc, but instead, they'd rather take creative liberties with the implications and run with the "Not Black enough" bullshit.

Whatever.
Warlord
How can this be an issue of racism when Donovan and Bernard are both black? Is Bernard being racists towards himself? Lol.

PC police are the fucking best, running off half-cocked like Barney Fife with an unloaded gun in their hand and a bullet in their pocket. This has ZERO to do with race and EVERYTHING to do with character.

McNabb has always been a "company man." Some people are like that. Some people even take pride in that. Japanese culture is built off of it. Hopkins, being anti-establishment, will of course look down on that type of mentality. He may not have expressed it in a way that everyone prefers, he may have even been insensitive in the way he phrased himself, but in no way is this an issue of race.

If I a black man calls another black man an 'uncle tom', an 'oreo', a 'house nigger', or whatever other dumbshit can be thought of, it doesn't equal racism. An insult, yes. Racism, no. Racism implies that one believes his own race to be superior to another. Seeing as Hopkins and McNabb share the same genetic racial make-up, it renders the idea of racism moot in this conversation.

Now, as for anyone claiming McNabb is NOT a mentally weak victim, GROW THE FUCK UP. Puking in the huddle, puking on the side-lines, choking in big games, that to me is the very definition of mentally weak.

Any QB who refuses to scramble because he wants to "prove the naysayers wrong" is a weak fucking pussy. McNabb made a conscious decision to stop running because you had some white telecasters like Rush Limpball claiming that black QBs don't have the mental acuity to be pure passers. That is weak. Be a fucking man for once in your life. Don't get butt-hurt every time someone says something you don't agree with.

McNabb has always been like that. Sulking because a telecaster didn't suck his dick but instead questioned his heart, sulking because teammates like T.O. called him gay, sulking because Eagles management traded him away, even though nearly every player in the NFL gets traded at some point.

McNabb is a whiny bitch, period, and he chokes in big games. Defend it all you want, but check the stats when you're done. They speak for themselves.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 13 2011, 05:16 AM) *
Hopkins is straight out racist but he probably can't rid himself of the vision, not to mention, the pain, of being repeatedly sodomized whilst serving time in the jailhouse.

As great a fighter as he has been Hops has never had any class.† It's all started to surface so much more in recent years and it's another reason why I hope Pascal finishes him in their rematch. †

Harsh, crude, but hey, it's true.

+1

Fuck the old cunt. He is bitter that the general public could not give a shit about him & his legacy.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Method @ May 13 2011, 10:12 AM) *
McNabb's a whiny bitch. A choke artists.

Sounds eerily like Hopkins.

Does Hopkins cry & whimper whimper like a chick doing 7 the hardway? You bet he does.

Does he choke in close fights? Fuckin A he does as he has shown repeatedly in his career.
Method
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 13 2011, 05:27 AM) *
Sounds eerily like Hopkins.

Does he choke in close fights? Fuckin A he does as he has shown repeatedly in his career.

Yeah, hence his performances vs Trinidad, Wright, Pavlik, Tarver. Not too mention disputed losses to Calzag, Taylor, Pascal.

Gimme a break. McNabb is a choke ARTIST. Has made a career out of it.
D-MARV
There was NO dispute in the Pascal fight... Hopkins beat his ass!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
hahaha crazy shit.....My sister just moved out to Philly from Minneapolis, and she basically told me that they make a much huger deal out of sports than here. So I get where you're coming from Method. See, I thought the Eagles would rid of, or try to trade, McNabb after 06-07 when Jeff Garcia was on fire towards the end. However, McNabb's always been solid until last year. He's won numerous division titles, went to pro bowls, led them to conference championships, and even once to the Super Bowl. He never won the super bowl though, and that will haunt him.

As for Hopkins comments, it is what it is. Are they PC, absolutely not, but I don't think anybody is going to lose sleep over it. People make insensitive remarks all the time. Mendenhall said some pretty interesting shit the other week, and there didn't seem to be that much of an uproar. Jim Brown has said worse things than Hopkins is saying now for a long time.
neophyte7
Yeah, Jim Brown straight called Michael Jordan an Uncle Tom
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Method @ May 13 2011, 11:39 PM) *
Yeah, hence his performances vs Trinidad, Wright, Pavlik, Tarver. Not too mention disputed losses to Calzag, Taylor, Pascal.

Gimme a break. McNabb is a choke ARTIST. Has made a career out of it.

Reading comprehension slugger. Tito, Wright, Pavlik & Tarver were in no way close fights. Hopkins shut them out. I'm talking about those close fights where showing you are a clutch player will win you the fight. Fights like Taylor & Zags where he lost because he failed to dig deep enough.

I think we all know Hopkins is a whinger & a moaner. What I said stands. Tell me the fights in the last decade where Hopkins has actually pulled a legit win in a close fight?

neophyte7
DLH was said to be close... Hops responded with a liver shot to KO a man who at that time had never been stopped...
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 13 2011, 07:42 PM) *
I think we all know Hopkins is a whinger & a moaner. What I said stands. Tell me the fights in the last decade where Hopkins has actually pulled a legit win in a close fight?

How can Hopkins be considered a "Choke Artist" when he constantly wins being the underdog?
Method
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 13 2011, 07:42 PM) *
Reading comprehension slugger. Tito, Wright, Pavlik & Tarver were in no way close fights. Hopkins shut them out. I'm talking about those close fights where showing you are a clutch player will win you the fight. Fights like Taylor & Zags where he lost because he failed to dig deep enough.

You're a fucking moron. I never said they were close fights. They were BIG STAGE, HIGH STAKES SHIT...AND HE Ran away w the ones I mentioned and lost disputed decisions on the others. THAT is performing in the clutch. Just because you win wide in the clutch doesn't mean its any less clutch. Obviously you're not an athlete.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ May 13 2011, 09:01 PM) *
You're a fucking moron. I never said they were close fights. They were BIG STAGE, HIGH STAKES SHIT...AND HE Ran away w the ones I mentioned and lost disputed decisions on the others. THAT is performing in the clutch. Just because you win wide in the clutch doesn't mean its any less clutch. Obviously you're not an athlete.

LOL
Method
The quintessential critic - He can tell you how to get there but cant drive the car for shit
neophyte7
Has nothing to do with whether Mcnabb has the " house slave:" mentality... I am not saying he does... AND YOU AND OTHERS MAY SAY WHO THE FUCK CARES...yet it has been the subject of discussion in Philly and I am certain it did not originate from Hopkins... especially taking into account the posts by METHOD who is a philly insider so to speak...
neophyte7
ACCORDING TO and based upon YOUR PERCEPTION...
neophyte7
lmao... no sir.... lol
anthonyaccurate
"weak pussies" throw 4 touchdowns on a broken ankle
"company" dudes lobby for fresh felons and pariahs like Mike Vick, who plays the
same position btw, to come to their team...

Terrell Owens, Rush Limbaugh, Bernard Hopkins...
Great minds think alike... rolleyes_anim.gif

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 14 2011, 10:32 AM) *
How can Hopkins be considered a "Choke Artist" when he constantly wins being the underdog?

Underdog how? Only in the betting ring. Anyone who knows boxing would have installed Hopkins as the favourite in every one of his fights since 2001 excluding Calzaghe which was lineball anyways & his Pascal fight where he was considered old. Hardly the underdog unless you start getting sentimental.

QUOTE (Method @ May 14 2011, 11:01 AM) *

Whatever Meth. I could give a fuck about "moron"comments. Being where I am in life currently someones opinion of me on a message board is not relevant in my world.

A clutch athlete (to me at least) is someone who pulls victory out of the jaws of defeat & bar the fights I mentioned above any knowledgable fan of the sport would have him as the favourite & fully expect him to win in those situations. I am not saying he did not win fights I am saying that in many clutch situations he failed to deliver, dig deep enogh & win. Hopkins may believe he did dig deep enough & do enough to win but every one of his losses bar RJJ have been close & Hopkins failed to do enough to win in the only people's eyes that count & that is the judges.

As for my athletic career I played & bit of high school football & tennis but I was more interested in partying than athletics & was admittedly no great shakes except at tackling. I was a burnout surfer. Big deal.

I have my opinion of Hopkins & in my eyes he has come up short in a lot of close fights that he was in a position to win & he crys foul blaming everyone but himself when he loses.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ May 13 2011, 11:47 PM) *
"weak pussies" throw 4 touchdowns on a broken ankle
"company" dudes lobby for fresh felons and pariahs like Mike Vick, who plays the
same position btw, to come to their team...

Terrell Owens, Rush Limbaugh, Bernard Hopkins...
Great minds think alike... rolleyes_anim.gif

True.

Nard almost 50 still on that BS. He needs to wake up. Downing another bruh whose been nothing put positive and professional from the word GO to sell yourself as some true nig? LAME!!!

Put Bernard ass in some pads, let him take a snap at QB and he'll change his opinion of McNabb after 3 plays.
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 13 2011, 09:12 PM) *
You do not become a NCAA Div I starting QB if you are "a weak fucking pussy."
Course you can. Happens all the time.
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 13 2011, 09:47 PM) *
The only thing I have responded to are the accusations about McNabb being "mentally weak" and "a weak fucking pussy." Shit is just flat out ignorant.

Not when you consider he CHOKED in EVERY clutch situation he was EVER put in. When dude rears up and pukes whenever his back is up afgainst the wall, I dare say there is MENTAL WEAKNESS.

That's all I care to go on any longer. Philly is my team and I have long been following them under the microscope. So no outsiders are gonna convince me of a god damn thing.
jlupi
Love it when people start up shit like "house slave" about a dude with a Multi, multi million $ contract. The race issue isn't worth discussion. Dude was on contract. He did his job. When the company was no longer satisfied with his services, they traded him. Many, many teams would have been more than happy to have McNabb over the last 12 years. And who knows, maybe he would have won a Super Bowl elsewhere, but we will never know.

The only thing I have responded to are the accusations about McNabb being "mentally weak" and "a weak fucking pussy." Shit is just flat out ignorant.

The "house slave" shit ain't worth discussion.>>>>>>

who would have thought when smarty first joined he would evolve to be a voice of reason. LOL

Method, you dont like him and there are points when he was less than clutch. but he was still a damn good player. At his best -better than most at his position. I could care less if he Likes his opponents or management. Some need to get revved up others can be civil and just as competitive.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 14 2011, 05:28 AM) *
Underdog how? Only in the betting ring. Anyone who knows boxing would have installed Hopkins as the favourite in every one of his fights since 2001 excluding Calzaghe which was lineball anyways & his Pascal fight where he was considered old. Hardly the underdog unless you start getting sentimental.

Come on now... Most people (Even Hardcore Fans) had Tarver and Pavlik beating Hopkins. That wasn't just the gamblers. Sure, there were a handful of people that had Hopkins picked in those fights but those were fights that Hopkins was clearly the underdog.
Method
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 14 2011, 05:28 AM) *
A clutch athlete (to me at least) is someone who pulls victory out of the jaws of defeat

No its NOT. If you wanna go ahead and customize the definition to adhere to your delusion, so be it.

alaganza
Donavan is a class act. In this day and age of media assassins I do not recall McNabb firing a shot at mangement during his tenure with the Eagles or the fans. Donavan could have blasted the organization, the fans, and the city like a lot of toher athletes do. But he didn't. He showed incredible restrain and class considering the fans did not always reciprocate. We all know the only thing that rivals the passion of Philly fans is the brutal criticism they unleash. Even with that Donovan held his peace and that is admirable. And it shows a lot more mental strength than most will give credit. JMO.
Method
QUOTE (alaganza @ May 14 2011, 11:09 AM) *
Donavan is a class act. In this day and age of media assassins I do not recall McNabb firing a shot at mangement during his tenure with the Eagles or the fans. Donavan could have blasted the organization, the fans, and the city like a lot of toher athletes do. But he didn't. He showed incredible restrain and class considering the fans did not always reciprocate. We all know the only thing that rivals the passion of Philly fans is the brutal criticism they unleash. Even with that Donovan held his peace and that is admirable. And it shows a lot more mental strength than most will give credit. JMO.

He did once he got benched for shitty performances, etc. In his last couple of years, when thre were no other scape goats, Donovan started to fire shots at management and stick up for himself.

But you are right, Alaganza, he showed a lot of class/restraint.
anthonyaccurate

now this is a "weak pussy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqU_GLC9560

this cat epitomizes scapegoating, no class, not clutch (hasn't played in a winning playoff game since his San Fran days)....

caneman
QUOTE (anthonyaccurate @ May 14 2011, 11:46 AM) *
now this is a "weak pussy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqU_GLC9560

this cat epitomizes scapegoating, no class, not clutch (hasn't played in a winning playoff game since his San Fran days)....

LOLZ! Wanna talk about a guy who should be tested for roids & needs to be the poster child for Prozac or one of those drugs?!?!?! Look no further than TO! And the guy has talent as does many! Fact is most of Philly felt this way about McNabb, that's Philly though, they love their teams so much that they truly hate them when they lose, just the way it is!!! Case & point or I guess I should say for example, my Uncle Harry is the nicest most level headed guy you could ever meet but it's amazing he never had a stroke or some shit watching the Eagles...he smashed so many remotes against the wall that he is an ace @ programming those fucking things & can patch drywall lie a pro! True story!
Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 14 2011, 01:08 PM) *
No it doesn't.

He has not choked in every clutch situation. He has not puked every time his back was against the wall. The opinion that McNabb is "a weak fucking pussy" and "mentally weak" is flat out, full on ignorance of what entails being a weak fucking pussy and mentally weak, IMO.

And the fact that you are so deeply caught up in the ingrown "Philly is my team" emotions of the issue suggests that no outsider should be convinced "of a god damn thing" by you on this subject.

Name the clutch performances, bro.

Method
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 14 2011, 05:09 PM) *
Come on, man! You must know how ingrown, fungus ridden you're sounding now.

Honestly, this shit should be called The Philly Fungus. QB in the NFL takes one fuck of a lot more than a fucked up neighborhood upbringing. That argument makes some sense when it comes to boxing, but displays a "mentally weak" grasp of professional football when used to critique QBs.

#1. How bout the 1st start of his redshirt freshman season at Syracuse? Three 4th quarter scoring drives in a 20-9 comeback victory.

#2. Dudes do not get named Big East Player of the Year 3 years in a row without being clutch.

#3. TD pass on the last play of the game v Virginia Tech.

#4. 35-28 victory over the Redskins in his 1st NFL start.

#5. The 2000 season = Led Philly to the playoffs with literally no running game (other than himself), after Staley got injured.

#6. 54 yard run to set up the game winning field goal v the Redskins in 2000.

#7. Last minute TD pass to beat the Giants on Monday Night Football in 2001.

#8. Led 4th quarter comeback v Giants to win 24-21 in last game of 2000 regular season.

#9. The 4th and 26 miracle v the Packers in 20-17 OT victory, 2003.

#10. 2004, Eagles v Browns.

#11. 2004, Eagles v Vikings in the playoffs.

#12. 2004, Eagles v Atlanta in the playoffs.

#13. The entire 2008 season.

Many, many teams would trade their QB situations of the last 12 years for such a non clutch performer as Donovan McNabb.

This shit is nothing short of Deranged Philly Fan Syndrome.

The idea that in order for an African American to have the heart to win the Super Bowl he must have grown up in a fucked up neighborhood demonstrates pathetic "mental weakness."

Hahahaha. Eagles vs the fucking BROWNS? Are you serious? Freddie Mitchell's catch? I guess Eli Manning performed clutch in the Superbowl too, and that David Tyree's ridiculous, one-handed grab off of his helmet had NOTHING to do with it (or Asante Samuel dropping a sure fire pick). But this is about McNabb. Puking in the huddle (more than once) when his feet are to the fire. Running two-minute, hurry-up offenses like his feet are stuck in cement? Not knowing overtime rules and letting time expire for one of the only ties in recent history? Two years ago in the championship game vs the Cardinals McNabb throws the ball into the dirt over and over and over to lose the game IN THE CLUTCH.

Ask Redskins fans how he's making out down I-95. One and DONE. NOBODY wants him. Now the house cat is too proud to wear a wristband (cuz he cant remember plays) because he doesnt want to look stupid.

You can HAVE Donovan McNabb. Jeff Garcia played a helluva lot better than McNabb did when he stepped in after McNabb went down.

Nobody is going to trade their qb situation for McNabb when you KNOW that, during those 12 years, he won ONE championship title, and ZERO rings. It's about SUPERBOWLS. Its not about having the mose winning seasons.

He's NOT going to the HOF, bro. That should tell you all you need to know. Statistician's dream. Aspiring champion's nightmare. Major accuracy issues. Major leadership deficiencies. Could not get it done in the clutch.

Don't cite his college stats bro. Two different sports. I could give fuck all what he did at Syracuse. There are literally hundreds of college stars who amounted to fuck all in the NFL.

We've had these discussions about McNabb on these boards over the years, and so far, he's done NOTHING but prove me right.

Hell, man, I dare say Michael Vick's performance in the last 7 1/2 minutes versus the NY Giants this past season was greater than ANYTHING McNabb has done in his career. Carrying an entire team on his back to bring his team back from a dire deficit? You never ever saw Donovan McNabb do that.

There's a reason he got traded, bro.

All that shit said, I agree w you 120%, It takes a LOT to be QB in the NFL, and being brought up in the burbs of Chi w two parents has fuck all to do w it, and it also has NOTHING to do w why I don't think all that highly of McNabb. I dont believe he is able to bring it home in the clutch. On the big stage. I also think he's a whiner. Crying like a baby when he got benched by the Ravens, so much so that the Eagles had to throw him some shut-the-fuck-up money because his ego was bruised. Not being able to run a two minute offense. Never playing w any urgency. Not knowing the rules of OT.

Hopkins is dead on regarding McNabb;s lack of heart, etc. Not about the burbs and what not. MCNabb's just been too coddled. I know, based on the original Philly Daily News article and EVERYTHING else out there in print, that a LOT of sites took the ball and ran, hbasing their stories and comments off of what Hopkins seemingly IMPLIED, versus what he actually said. That's not for dispute. Read ALL the articles carefully. Never are they using direct quotes. Its all "Hopkins seemingly implying" "as if to insinuate".

But whatever. I love that all these DMV caliber mentalities in the media, etc., are in a frenzy.
neophyte7
TO HIS CREDIT... MCNABB IS THE MAN that convinced the Philadelphia Eagles to bring in MIKE VICK.... That takes great character to lobby for a guy with a so much talent that he could be responsible for you never playing for that team again takes some balls. Very honorable act by Mcnabb... He was his brother's keeper with VICK... hell VICK BETTER be damned greatful to MCNABB.... yet you can see VICK IS MORE OF A DEADLY WEAPON than Mcnabb could ever be even in fantasy football
Method
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 14 2011, 09:39 PM) *
TO HIS CREDIT... MCNABB IS THE MAN that convinced the Philadelphia Eagles to bring in MIKE VICK....

Or so say the papers. Or maybe that's how the story was spun so McNabb's ego wasn't bruised too much? Nobody knows for sure one way or the other, but if the guy gives up on his running game because he's worried about his perception as no talent in the pocket...If a guy has to be fed "shut-the-fuck-up" money because he's hurt that he was benched...if a team has to go on damage control because their QB doesnt know the rules of the game...if a guy cant remember the plays but wont wear a wristband because he doesnt wantto look stupid...can it be said, BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT...that the team didnt HAVE to say it was all McNabb's idea to bring Vick in to save face? If you read the Philly papers and sports publications inside and out on the daily, than you know Andy Reid had COVETED Mike Vick for a LONG TIME. Again, nobody can say for sure, but there is enough smoke around that situation.

I happen to think Donovan McNabb is a good guy. Throws a real nice long ball. He's not a winner, and he's not a guy I want in the clutch. His short game accuracy is for shit, and in an offense (West Coast) where short, crisp, timing plays are the foundation, that's a big problem.

To play the Dallas Cowboys 3 times in a row, and, after geting your ass handed to you twice, and then come flying out of the tunnel ripping air guitar like your a rock star player from mars, and then get your ass handed to you....get the fuck out of town (literally). You dont dance around like a rock star like that when you aint done shit two weeks in a row.

Y'all can have him.
The Original MrFactor
Damn... Philly phans are the fucking worst fans in every major team fucking sport. Ya didnt appreciate Cunningham. Ya didnt appreciate Barlkley... Ya didnt appreciate Iverson... Ya didnt appreciate McNabb. Y'all woulda ran Doc outta town had he stayed another year. Typical Philly. In 2 years y'all will run Vick outta town. Questioning McNabb's heart is silly. He's the same guy who, with a broken leg threw 4 TD's and yes carried the squad on his back. He's the only cat, I can think of in modern history to do that. He's never had a great running game. He only had a season or 2 of a great complimentary receiver. McNabb has won plenty of games too. I dont get this whole conversation.

For everything Hopkins questions about Mcnabb, the same shit could be asked of him. Did he show a lot of heart in his losses to Taylor? Did he show loads of heart in his loss to Calzaghe? He bitched and moaned after each of those fights, but should really have blamed no one but himself in those losses. He had the skills to win all 3 fights, but couldnt find the heart to punch with these guys. Did he show lots of heart when he punked out on a fight with James Toney?

McNabb has been a solid QB for the last 10 years. There are teams that would take him today if given an opportunity. I think Arizona, Cincinatti, San Fran, the Titans, Minnesota and possibly Seattle would all jump on him if he hit the waiver wire. He's not as bad as Philly phans make him out to be. To bitch about him not winning the BIG one is to bitch about every Philly player to ever grace the Eagles team. The team never won the big one, ever. McNabb got them pretty close, pretty consistently for a 5 or 6 year period. That was when we couldnt name their receivers or RB's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.