Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley claims Pacquiao's sparring partner injected him with steroids
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mexi-cutioner

The Flomos on this site will be loving this...
Byrd Man
If there's truth to it, that'll be interesting. Otherwise Shane is just going to look bitter by not saying anything about manny and Roids (at least not that I am aware of) until he gets his ass kicked by him.
Byrd Man
found this online

The ex-sparring partner of Manny Pacquiao injected him with steroids, according to a fishy story that Sugar Shane Mosley tweeted out. Mosley’s girlfriend Bella Gonzalez first tweeted the news, which Mosley re-tweeted and then tweeted himself earlier this afternoon.

The article’s origin seems to be a mystery, since it can only be found copied and pasted in message boards on boxing sites. The red flag is that the article is written before last Saturday’s fight between Pacquiao and Mosley, or at least claims to be, but it’s only gaining traction now. And the only people giving it traction are Mosley and his girlfriend.

In their tweets, Mosley and his girlfriend claim that the ex-sparring partner claims that Pacquiao began taking steroids in preparation for the fight against Ricky Hatton. Rather, the ex-sparring partner in the article says that Pacquiao began taking steroids in preparation for the fight against Oscar De La Hoya and continued do so for the subsequent fights against Hatton and Miguel Cotto.

A Filipino ex-sparring partner, whose identity is concealed, claims to have injected Pacquiao with steroids “in the upper outer quarter of his butt cheek” as Pacquiao clenched his teeth. He also said that Pacquiao has switched from using steroids to a complex mixture of HGH and insulin, which is “a combination that is virtually undetectable in post fight drug tests.”

We call bullshit. Since when would a sparring partner be the one injecting a boxer? It seems highly unlikely. If Pacquiao was juicing, wouldn’t his conditioning trainer, Alex Ariza, be the one injecting him? And if not Ariza, then possibly one of his boxing trainers, Freddie Roach or Buboy Fernandez.

According to Dan Rafael of ESPN, Pacquiao’s test results for steroids, diuretics, and masking agents came back clean. Also, Pacquiao has never had a test result not come back clean. Pundits are continually amazed at how someone who began boxing at 105 pounds continues to move up weight classes to bash bigger opponents, but there is not a sliver of evidence to suggest foul play.

Plus, Mosley shouldn’t be one to cast stones (while at the same time pretending he’s not). Oscar De La Hoya said this about Mosley, based on the fact that he admitted to using BALCO-manufactured steroids, including the clear and the cream.

Stay tuned to see if this story is legitimate or not. But at this juncture, we say not.
gravytrain
i would laugh so hard if Pac was or is actually taking PEDs. Pac and Roach would turn on Ariza so fast homeboy wont even have time to pack up his special supplements.
thehype
If he would take the tests, articles like that would be meaningless.

laugh.gif
thehype
By the way, I believe this is the article (which is likely bogus, but still a fun read) he's referring to:

http://www.financebusinessarticles.com/ban...ng-partner.html

The Shadow

One of Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao's former sparring partners has
admitted that he regularly injected the fighter with steroids "in the locker
room, in the upper outer quarter of his butt cheek!"

The man, a Filipino and former pro fighter, now fears the wrath of millions of
his fellow countrymen, and as a result, his identity is protected. He claims to
have worked with Pacquiao from "his early years" up until Pacquiao's 2010 fight
with Miguel Cotto, and claims Pacman only began using steroids in anticipation
of his 2009 fight with Oscar De La Hoya.

He also claims that Pacquiao has switched from using steroids, to now using a
complex mixture of HGH (human growth hormone) and insulin, a combination that is
virtually undetectable in post fight drug tests.

In an interview given in a top secret location in Las Vegas, the former Pacquiao
associate said "Manny was curious about using steroids for many years before he
actually started. There is a lot of steroid use in the Philippines, and they are
easy to get. But Manny hates needles! He hates 'em."

"Manny was already on the way to becoming one of boxing's greats when he got the
call from De La Hoya and his people about a fight. Oscar wanted a rematch with
Mayweather, buy Mayweather decided to retire. Someone came up with the idea for
De La Hoya and Manny as a potential big fight. When I heard about it, I thought
it was the dumbest thing I had ever heard."

By the time De La Hoya came calling, Manny Pacquiao was already a twelve year
veteran with a 47-3-2 record, and world titles at flyweight, super bantamweight,
super featherweight and lightweight. He had been knocked cold twice as a
flyweight in the 90's, and also lost on points to Erik Morales in a bout at
super featherweight in 2005, Pacquiao's last defeat. Pacman had come out on top
in grueling rivalries with Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera and Juan Manual
Marquez.

In March 2008 he defeated Marquez for the WBC super featherweight title via a
split decision, and three months later he battered David Diaz to defeat in nine
rounds for the WBC lightweight title. From world flyweight champion to world
title holder at lightweight in nine years is both an incredible and unequaled
achievement, and also feasible and believable, considering Pacquiao's speed,
southpaw boxing ability and punching power. His sudden leap in 2008 to
welterweight, and subsequently beyond, and his complete mastery of much bigger
fighters, had opened the door to debate as to whether the Filipino may be using
performance enhancing drugs.

"Manny knew there was no way he could beat Oscar. But there was also no way he
was gonna pass up the biggest fight, the biggest opportunity of his life. This
was it, the big time." said his former sparring partner.

"Manny never looked at using drugs as cheating. It was just a way of evening
things up a little. Oscar was naturally much bigger and stronger than Manny. Of
course, on the night we were all shocked. He beat the living crap out of De La
Hoya."

Just seven months earlier De La Hoya had cruised to a win over contender Steve
Forbes, Prior to that, in May 2007, he had come closer that anyone before to
beating Floyd Mayweather Jr. Although 35, De La Hoya was a massive favorite to
defeat Pacquiao. Instead his corner pulled him out after suffering a one sided
pummeling for eight rounds.

"After the fight, everyone was going crazy for Manny. We who were in the know
about the steroids were just looking at each other holding our breath and hoping
no one would start wondering how that could have happened."

The sparring partner says he began regularly injecting Pacquiao with steroids in
preparation for his subsequent fights with Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto.

"Once a week, right in the locker room of the Wild Card (Gym). Manny would drop
his shorts and clench his teeth, and I would give him a jab in the upper outer
quarter of his butt cheek. He hated every shot."

The contact also said that Pacquiao's drugs were changed from regular steroids
to a far less detectable combination of HGH and insulin after Floyd Mayweather
began pointing the finger and making suggestions that Pacquiao's almost super
human ring achievements may not be all down to natural ability.

"They got spooked when Floyd rumbled 'em." said the contact. "That whole thing
with the pre fight blood test during the negotiations for a Pacquiao v
Mayweather fight last year was because Manny and his team knew they needed one
month prior to the fight to guarantee 100% that they would be clean in all
tests."

The sparring partner fell out with the Pacquiao camp after the Cotto fight, but
he bares his former boss no ill will, and wishes him success v Shane Mosley in
Las Vegas on Saturday night. "I hope he kicks Mosley's butt on Saturday, and I
know he will. Mosley used to be a big time juicer, as everyone knows. Maybe he's
back on it for this fight. He sure needs to be!"
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 04:23 PM) *

laugh.gif

taking the tests won't do a thing. If he takes it and passes it, then it's "you know they can't test for that shit they on over there! Ain't no test for that A-Side meth"

gravytrain
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 07:31 PM) *
taking the tests won't do a thing. If he takes it and passes it, then it's "you know they can't test for that shit they on over there! Ain't no test for that A-Side meth"

it would shut Mayweather up and make the fight happen.
Byrd Man
lol, two things about this part right here:
The man, a Filipino and former pro fighter, now fears the wrath of millions of
his fellow countrymen, and as a result, his identity is protected. He claims to
have worked with Pacquiao from "his early years" up until Pacquiao's 2010 fight
with Miguel Cotto, and claims Pacman only began using steroids in anticipation
of his 2009 fight with Oscar De La Hoya.

He also claims that Pacquiao has switched from using steroids, to now using a
complex mixture of HGH (human growth hormone) and insulin, a combination that is
virtually undetectable in post fight drug tests.

1. He's keeping his identity secret, but how many former pro fighters that are Filipino worked with Pacquio from his "early years" up until the Cotto fight?

Like THAT is going to be hard to track down? "Let's see...who stopped working with us around the time of the Cotto fight that was Filipino and a former pro?" lol.

2. If he stopped working with him then, would he know what he's doing NOW? Saying he switched to a different concoction or whatever? lol. Maybe he's still around, just not working with him? lol
Byrd Man
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 12 2011, 04:34 PM) *
it would shut Mayweather up and make the fight happen.

No it wouldn't. Notice after Manny/Arum/etc came out and said they agreed to all the testing demands from Floyd, he didn't deny that, but he DID suddenly ask for 100million guaranteed for himself before he'd agree to fight.

This goes back to the problem with him. He sat back and let Arum dictate the information flow. If they did NOT agree to his demands, then he's a dumb fuck for sitting back and not saying anything, and then just making another demand out of the blue. It makes it look like he's moving the goalposts to avoid the fight.

I don't know if he's afraid of Manny or whatever. I tend to doubt that. But he's not helping his case. Which is why he's suddenly putting out his little promo home movies to sway public opinion. Too bad it's too late.
Method
I say petition the commissions for more stringent testing. If the commissions change up the testing, I'm ALL for it. Otherwise, all this nonsense about "take the tests" from all these fighters (really, Pascal?) on all these one-off fights is bullshit.

I did enjoy the...

"claims to have injected Pacquiao with steroids “in the upper outer quarter of his butt cheek” as Pacquiao clenched his teeth.".

Wow. How convincing. Injecting where you get injected. HAS to be true.

PS - You don't need ANYBODY to inject you.
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 07:37 PM) *
No it wouldn't. Notice after Manny/Arum/etc came out and said they agreed to all the testing demands from Floyd, he didn't deny that, but he DID suddenly ask for 100million guaranteed for himself before he'd agree to fight.

This goes back to the problem with him. He sat back and let Arum dictate the information flow. If they did NOT agree to his demands, then he's a dumb fuck for sitting back and not saying anything, and then just making another demand out of the blue. It makes it look like he's moving the goalposts to avoid the fight.

I don't know if he's afraid of Manny or whatever. I tend to doubt that. But he's not helping his case. Which is why he's suddenly putting out his little promo home movies to sway public opinion. Too bad it's too late.

LOL. Byrd Man, you sound like a "hater" who blindly follows whatever Bob Arum tells you, and yet you don't really pay attention to what Bob Arum tells you. They NEVER agreed to full random blood testing leading all the way up until the fight. The CLOSEST they ever came to "agreeing" to the tests was when Bob Arum said, and I quote, "I believe it was resolved. I don't want to go into the details." That's a quote from Bob Arum back in July 2010 when he held the 3 AM press conference on the day of Floyd's "deadline"...he was asked directly if there was a cutoff for testing. IF they did agree to full random blood testing leading ALL THE WAY UP UNTIL THE FIGHT, then why would he tap dance around the question. Just say, "YES. WE AGREED TO ALL TESTING!" Simple as that. But not ONCE have they ever come on record and said that. And the $100 million...again, that was Bob Arum who told you that. LOL. Too funny.

Take the tests and the fight's a DONE DEAL!

But hey...what do I know? You obviously have much more knowledge about the situation than I do.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2011, 07:39 PM) *
PS - You don't need ANYBODY to inject you.

You do if you're afraid of needles.

laugh.gif
Method
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 07:48 PM) *
You do if you're afraid of needles.

laugh.gif

True that.

I keep thinking that applies to little kids anymore
gravytrain
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 07:37 PM) *

they've never agreed to the testing, they've agreed to a 14 day cutoff proposed by themselves.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 04:47 PM) *
LOL. Byrd Man, you sound like a "hater" who blindly follows whatever Bob Arum tells you, and yet you don't really pay attention to what Bob Arum tells you. They NEVER agreed to full random blood testing leading all the way up until the fight. The CLOSEST they ever came to "agreeing" to the tests was when Bob Arum said, and I quote, "I believe it was resolved. I don't want to go into the details." That's a quote from Bob Arum back in July 2010 when he held the 3 AM press conference on the day of Floyd's "deadline"...he was asked directly if there was a cutoff for testing. IF they did agree to full random blood testing leading ALL THE WAY UP UNTIL THE FIGHT, then why would he tap dance around the question. Just say, "YES. WE AGREED TO ALL TESTING!" Simple as that. But not ONCE have they ever come on record and said that. And the $100 million...again, that was Bob Arum who told you that. LOL. Too funny.

Take the tests and the fight's a DONE DEAL!

But hey...what do I know? You obviously have much more knowledge about the situation than I do.

laugh.gif

Here goes the passive aggressiveness again. lol.

If you read what I have written SEVERAL times on here, I spelled out that it's very possible that Manny and them DID NOT agree to the testing, yet Floyd sits back and doesn't refute ANYTHING. You can say he doesn't HAVE to, but the bottom line is that people in the public only go on what they are given information wise. If you have one side saying "hey, we agreed to everything they asked for, why isn't he fighting? Now he wants 100 million to fight" and then the other side isn't saying shit and won't step up and defend himself, then many people will reasonably make a decision based on what info they have.

if a Judge asks you do you have anything to say in your defense. You can say no, but then he's going to rule on what hey has heard, and that's mostly shit that's slanted against you.

I never said that they all agreed to what Floyd wants. I said they are CLAIMING it and Floyd is not denying it.
Method
Personally, I'd like to see the defamation suit play out. just for cerebral shits n giggles. Im sure JD and CEO would appreciate a good court transcript.
caneman
Pacman needs to take the test...end of story and like you said Ben, shit like this wouldn't come out! But Floyd beats him no matter what so if Pacman wants to be #1 and really make the fans happy, take the fucking test! And Ben, great up close and personal shit with PBF, mad props....I seen punks all around the net kinda talk shit on fighthype but no one is getting what you and Percy are getting! Thanks bro! drinks.gif
Method
Im all for taking the tests, IF and ONLY IF the tests are mandated by the commission.

Otherwise, Paq is cow towing to May, and Im not in to that.

I want to see it, but I dont care if it happens.

I almost want to see the defamation suit as much as I want to see the fight at this point.

Byrd Man
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2011, 05:05 PM) *
Im all for taking the tests, IF and ONLY IF the tests are mandated by the commission.

I almost want to see the defamation suit as much as I want to see the fight at this point.

I agree. IF the commission wants to make it mandatory for every fighter on the entire fight cards, then that's awesome. I think it should be that way.

But not in a situation where ONE fighter is DEMANDING it of another, when that fighter has a vested interest in making the other look bad.
mexi-cutioner
Whether u believe Pac is on steroids or not, this article is sheer bogus.

It's written on a no-name website by a no-name writer referring to ZERO legitimate sources and doesn't even give the supposed sparring partner a name.

I lose further respect for Mosley for his pathetic attempt to turn criticism away from himself following his embarassing performance..and At the end of the day, Pac and Floyd r both being baby back bitches and I'm hoping this refusal to fight each other is all just some sick marketing ploy to build up the fight as long as possible (ALA Leonard-hagler).

Pacquiao's team accepted the original 14 day cutoff proposed by Mayweather but Mayweather changed his mind and wanted testing up until the fight. why didn't Mayweather jjust give it to him? Mosley's cut off date was round 18 or 19 days b4 the fight and Mosley is a PROVEN steroid user.

Pacquiao is merely doing what the commission wants him to do so you can't blame him for NOT wanting to do anything outside of what is necessary by the commission. If Mayweather has a serious problem about this testing, he needs to stop voicing out on pacquiao's refusal to heed to his demands and instead talk to the damn commission about changing their rules, Mayweather's logic is so fucking stupid in this case
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 07:52 PM) *
Here goes the passive aggressiveness again. lol.

If you read what I have written SEVERAL times on here, I spelled out that it's very possible that Manny and them DID NOT agree to the testing, yet Floyd sits back and doesn't refute ANYTHING. You can say he doesn't HAVE to, but the bottom line is that people in the public only go on what they are given information wise. If you have one side saying "hey, we agreed to everything they asked for, why isn't he fighting? Now he wants 100 million to fight" and then the other side isn't saying shit and won't step up and defend himself, then many people will reasonably make a decision based on what info they have.

if a Judge asks you do you have anything to say in your defense. You can say no, but then he's going to rule on what hey has heard, and that's mostly shit that's slanted against you.

I never said that they all agreed to what Floyd wants. I said they are CLAIMING it and Floyd is not denying it.

Passive aggressiveness? I don't know about all that. Believe me, I don't have a need to be passive about my aggressiveness. If you annoy me enough, I'll just get rid of your ass. Simple as that. No need for me to be passive at all.

As for reading what you've written SEVERAL times, I'm sorry, but I don't have time to follow you around here. I simply read what you wrote in this thread, and what I quoted you on in here, you never said it's possible that he DID NOT agree to the testing...you simply said "after Manny/Arum/etc came out and said they agreed to all the testing demands"...and that's exactly what I replied to. Now, had you said, "after Manny/Arum/etc came out and ALLEGEDLY agreed to all the testing demands," then that's a different story. But your argument, at least I think, is that Arum said X so Floyd should have said Y. That's fine and dandy, but what I'm saying is that although Arum said X, you being a "diehard" boxing fan should be able to solve the equation and figure out exactly what X means. It's obvious that Floyd hasn't really cared too much about what people think of him, so that has allowed Arum to say whatever the fuck he wants. But being someone who supposedly surfs the internet and reads every site (even ones that offer no value...lol), I would think you would be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that they've NEVER agreed to take the same tests that Shane Mosley took. You would also be able to figure out that since the deadline, it's been Bob Arum who's been making up all the excuses for Floyd. "His uncle is having legal problems"..."He's having legal problems"..."He wants 100 million"....those are ALL things that Bob Arum has run to the media and put out there, and yet, not once have you ever thought to yourself that maybe a guy who's famous for saying "Yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth" might not be telling the truth? I don't know...I guess I took it for granted and thought you were smarter than that....or maybe you have thought that to yourself, but you sure don't act like it when you boldly come out and state "No it wouldn't" in regards to everything being resolved and the fight happening if Manny would just take the tests. To me, that sounds like you know for a FACT that Floyd won't fight him, even if Manny agrees to full random blood testing leading all the way up until the bout.

But whatever....honestly...I'm wasting far too much time even fucking around in here with you. I've got other shit I gotta go do. But please, by all means, if you prefer for me to be a little more direct with my aggressiveness, just let me know.

ok.gif

Method
But not in a situation where ONE fighter is DEMANDING it of another, when that fighter has a vested interest in making the other look bad.

...or wants to make it look like he can make the other guy tap dance for him...jump through hoops.

Petition the commission. Mayweather can go ahead and fight whoever, and Paq has his options too. They dont need each other.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 05:21 PM) *
I simply read what you wrote in this thread, and what I quoted you on in here, you never said it's possible that he DID NOT agree to the testing...you simply said "after Manny/Arum/etc came out and said they agreed to all the testing demands"...and that's exactly what I replied to. Now, had you said, "after Manny/Arum/etc came out and ALLEGEDLY agreed to all the testing demands," then that's a different story. But your argument, at least I think, is that Arum said X so Floyd should have said Y. That's fine and dandy, but what I'm saying is that although Arum said X, you being a "diehard" boxing fan should be able to solve the equation and figure out exactly what X means.

But isn't that pretty much what I said? I said that Arum/Pac came out and SAID that they accepted the terms, and Floyd did not refute it. I didn't say that they HAD agreed, I merely pointed out that they sAID they did, and that Floyd never refuted it.

QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 05:21 PM) *
It's obvious that Floyd hasn't really cared too much about what people think of him, so that has allowed Arum to say whatever the fuck he wants. But being someone who supposedly surfs the internet and reads every site (even ones that offer no value...lol), I would think you would be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that they've NEVER agreed to take the same tests that Shane Mosley took. You would also be able to figure out that since the deadline, it's been Bob Arum who's been making up all the excuses for Floyd. "His uncle is having legal problems"..."He's having legal problems"..."He wants 100 million"....those are ALL things that Bob Arum has run to the media and put out there, and yet, not once have you ever thought to yourself that maybe a guy who's famous for saying "Yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth" might not be telling the truth? I don't know...I guess I took it for granted and thought you were smarter than that....or maybe you have thought that to yourself, but you sure don't act like it when you boldly come out and state "No it wouldn't" in regards to everything being resolved and the fight happening if Manny would just take the tests. To me, that sounds like you know for a FACT that Floyd won't fight him, even if Manny agrees to full random blood testing leading all the way up until the bout.

ok.gif

And I've been saying all along pretty much what you've said here.

That Floyd has allowed Arum to dictate the flow of information to the public. He's sat back and let Arum make claims such as accepting terms on testing, such as Floyd demanding 100 million dollars to fight, etc, all while he (Floyd) does not come out and refute it.

Floyd clearly doesn't have an interest in doing that, and as a result many people report what they know, and that is that Arum is making these claims that are not being refuted. If Arum is making claims about you and you don't deny it, is it really THAT big a stretch to think that it's going to be taken as it must be true? because if it wasn't, then Floyd would say it wasn't. I mean who's going to sit back and ALLOW someone to just flat out lie about you to the public day in and day out?

So pretty much we are in agreement on all of this.
caneman
Where da hell is that like button? Oh nevermind rolleyes_anim.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 08:09 PM) *
I agree. IF the commission wants to make it mandatory for every fighter on the entire fight cards, then that's awesome. I think it should be that way.

would Mayweather have even had a chance to make Pac look bad if they agreed to the testing and fought? if i remember correctly they could have got the 2 week cutoff they wanted and everything if they agreed to the original fight.

HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 07:31 PM) *

the type of random testing floyd was asking can have different detection methods meaning yes he won't test for a specific steroid.etc but other things can trigger a positive like high testosterone levels that are not even normal for a supreme athlete. Another detection method would be the detection of a masking agent.

by floyd asking for blood the main thing you want to check for is a massive increase in WBC (white blood cells) so by floyd asking for blood at random times and manny's camp wanting to set specific dates as to when they wanted to draw blood always was a red flag to me. Especially when they wanted the last blood test to be a certain about of days before the fight....man that's like taking candy from a baby.

If i'm the abuser and I agree to three tests and I know the dates i'm testing..... you better believe i'm going to run a quick cycle on that ass. With the designer steroids out there now you can cycle it out in one day...so when it's random....you are really gambling b/c you have no idea when they'll ask for a blood sample.

Just putting this out there.
Method
Again, petition the commission to make the testing UNIVERSAL.
KookedKrack
HGH and insulin? shok.gif Wonder what his (alleged)doses look like.
gravytrain
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 12 2011, 09:02 PM) *
the type of random testing floyd was asking can have different detection methods meaning yes he won't test for a specific steroid.etc but other things can trigger a positive like high testosterone levels that are not even normal for a supreme athlete. Another detection method would be the detection of a masking agent.

by floyd asking for blood the main thing you want to check for is a massive increase in WBC (white blood cells) so by floyd asking for blood at random times and manny's camp wanting to set specific dates as to when they wanted to draw blood always was a red flag to me. Especially when they wanted the last blood test to be a certain about of days before the fight....man that's like taking candy from a baby.

If i'm the abuser and I agree to three tests and I know the dates i'm testing..... you better believe i'm going to run a quick cycle on that ass. With the designer steroids out there now you can cycle it out in one day...so when it's random....you are really gambling b/c you have no idea when they'll ask for a blood sample.

Just putting this out there.

i thought it was suspect too. even people trying to say Pac or anyone else is clean because they past the current tests is sketchy. it's like giving someone on probation the dates they'll get tested, they would have to be a fool to test positive like that.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2011, 07:05 PM) *

Agreed. Pac don't have to tap dance to Mayweather's toon. Ben says take the test and the fight is done. Well if Floyd just abided by the current testing procedures the fight is done as well.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 06:23 PM) *

laugh.gif

I've read and listened to what Victor Conte, whom I would assume knows more about the subject than the rest of us, has had to say about the subject and he has stated numerous times that even if they had random blood testing throughout the length of a training camp it would be meaningless and pointless.

He has said that unless testing is year round and random then they stand virtually zero chance of catching anyone. And this comes from a guy who knows his stuff. My point is say Manny decided to submit to the tests and then won the fight the rumours would still continue that they are juicing but just in a more clever way.

If I was Manny I would tell them to shove it and wait for the comission to change the rules. People who hate him or just doubt him aren't going to change their mind over a few tests. Hate is sophisticated it always morphs into something else.

Because of what he has done, ripping through all those weight classess I doubyt Manny will ever escape suspsicion no matter what he does.

As for this Bella chick she is hot no doubt but she needs to shut the fuck up or else she's gonna risk turning into Jin Mark 2 laugh.gif
caneman
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 12 2011, 08:49 PM) *
I've read and listened to what Victor Conte, whom I would assume knows more about the subject than the rest of us, has had to say about the subject and he has stated numerous times that even if they had random blood testing throughout the length of a training camp it would be meaningless and pointless.

He has said that unless testing is year round and random then they stand virtually zero chance of catching anyone. And this comes from a guy who knows his stuff. My point is say Manny decided to submit to the tests and then won the fight the rumours would still continue that they are juicing but just in a more clever way.

If I was Manny I would tell them to shove it and wait for the comission to change the rules. People who hate him or just doubt him aren't going to change their mind over a few tests. Hate is sophisticated it always morphs into something else.

Because of what he has done, ripping through all those weight classess I doubyt Manny will ever escape suspsicion no matter what he does.

As for this Bella chick she is hot no doubt but she needs to shut the fuck up or else she's gonna risk turning into Jin Mark 2 laugh.gif

There is truth to a bit of that cause he would have already reaped the benefit of work while on them. I have to say, PBF looks like a teenager posting this story 2 times in less then 2 hours on his facebook! Hopefully a teenager is running his page! TMZ is more creditable than this story will ever be>>>> http://ringtalk.com/manny-pacquiao-steroid...ya-miguel-cotto I mean come on, seriously?????
PR316
Bullshit bullshit bullshit.

And if Mosley is behind this, then I just lost all the respect I had for him, considering his pathetic performance too all because he was afraid he was gonna get knocked out.

This may well feed the Pacquiao haters/Mayweather fans but its not even a credible source.

If the commission implements stricter testing, thats up to them. But fighters like PBF and Pascal demanding extra tests taken on their opponents because they're afraid of losing is not credible.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 12 2011, 10:16 PM) *

And if Mosley is behind this, then I just lost all the respect I had for him, considering his pathetic performance too all because he was afraid he was gonna get knocked out.

This may well feed the Pacquiao haters/Mayweather fans but its not even a credible source.

If the commission implements stricter testing, thats up to them. But fighters like PBF and Pascal demanding extra tests taken on their opponents because they're afraid of losing is not credible.

Shane looking for a reason for that pathetic performance. Do you think his new chick put him up to it? Look at how Cotto dealtnh with the Margarito situation after he got caught loading gloves, now that's classy.

Shane is looking for a reason to justify fighting on. Has this prick ever openly apologized to Hoya for juicing up in their fight? Look at Sham trying to find excuses just so LL Cool J don't come around and beat his ass for embarassing him.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 12 2011, 09:43 PM) *
Agreed. Pac don't have to tap dance to Mayweather's toon. Ben says take the test and the fight is done. Well if Floyd just abided by the current testing procedures the fight is done as well.

neither did Mayweather but he conceded to everything Pac wanted from glove size, split and penalty for coming in over 147.

how is the testing something that can prevent a fight from happening though? it's not even like Pac has said he wont do it, he just wont do blood testing the day before the fight. if Pac's promoter isn't being consistent with what Pac is willing to do then there's more to it than pride or testing.

Jack 1000
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 12 2011, 09:16 PM) *

+1

Here are the things to consider:

1.) The steroids accusation ritual by Floyd and his camp has been brought up before, but it has not really been an issue for other Pacquiao opponents. Why doesn't every single Pacquaio opponent mandate steroid testing? You can't have one fighter dictating the terms. If Floyd is concerned about this, petition the commission and sanctioning body federations, all of them WBA, WBC, IBF, and WBO, to enforce mandatory steroid checking before each and every world title fight. It might help curve the steroid problems in boxing. However, you can't put all your eggs into one basket for one fight.

2.) The testing parameters should be done by the commissions and sanctioning bodies who govern the sport. Look at all elements of the type of steroids being tested, the money involved for testing. Who is doing the testing? Both fighters have to abide by the same tests and the same rules and regulations for the tests.

3.) I'm tired of all the accusation-denial hype ritual bullshit over Mayweather-Pacquaio. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. The hype would most likely far outside what would happen in the fight anyway. (Mayweather jabbing and moving to a 116-112 UD anyway.) There are fights out there with better potential action that I would rather see. The hype for this fight will be so huge, that the promotion would collapse under its own weight.

4.) Mosley as a proven steroid user in the past, along with his non-effort last Saturday night, with an anonymous Internet article, solidifies that I have lost all respect for him as a fighter and as a person. Shame Mosley is now a disgrace to all of boxing!

Jack
thehype
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 12 2011, 09:49 PM) *

Gee...that's funny, because it was Victor Conte who told Team Mayweather that at a MINIMUM, he wouldn't accept anything more than a 5-day cutoff. I think you may have taken some of Conte's comments out of context. I think what he meant was that in the long run, just testing during a training camp would be meaningless because of the fact that fighters know WELL in advance when their fights are scheduled so someone could potentially use stuff MONTHS before training camp actually begins. Pretty sure that's what he was getting at because he DEFINITELY came on record stating that he spoke to some members of Team Mayweather and advised them that a 5-day cutoff would be best.
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 08:27 PM) *
But isn't that pretty much what I said? I said that Arum/Pac came out and SAID that they accepted the terms, and Floyd did not refute it. I didn't say that they HAD agreed, I merely pointed out that they sAID they did, and that Floyd never refuted it.

And I've been saying all along pretty much what you've said here.

That Floyd has allowed Arum to dictate the flow of information to the public. He's sat back and let Arum make claims such as accepting terms on testing, such as Floyd demanding 100 million dollars to fight, etc, all while he (Floyd) does not come out and refute it.

Floyd clearly doesn't have an interest in doing that, and as a result many people report what they know, and that is that Arum is making these claims that are not being refuted. If Arum is making claims about you and you don't deny it, is it really THAT big a stretch to think that it's going to be taken as it must be true? because if it wasn't, then Floyd would say it wasn't. I mean who's going to sit back and ALLOW someone to just flat out lie about you to the public day in and day out?

So pretty much we are in agreement on all of this.

Actually, NO we're not in agreement about anything. What YOU pretty much said was, "No it wouldn't", in response to someone saying that "it would shut Mayweather up and make the fight happen" if Manny would just agree to take the tests. Then shortly after that, you said he "DID" ask for $100 million. Neither of those statements are true, but evidently, you seem to believe they are, which leads me to believe that either your juggling Pacquiao's balls in your mouth or you've been sippin too much of that Kool-Aid that Arum has been serving you. THAT'S pretty much what I was saying.

laugh.gif

Now, if you're saying you agree with me about that, then okay, I guess we do agree, but for some reason, I don't think you are agreeing to that.

laugh.gif

The ONLY thing we might come close to agreeing on is the fact that Mayweather has let Arum control the media and skew the perception in his direction. That's it. As for Floyd having to do something about it, I personally don't think he has to do anything if he doesn't want to....people like yourself can believe whatever they want to believe. I was just under the impression that you were one of those people a little smarter than that to buy into the bullshit that Arum has been spittin'. Maybe I was wrong, but hey, it won't be the first time I was wrong.

laugh.gif

King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 08:27 PM) *
I mean who's going to sit back and ALLOW someone to just flat out lie about you to the public day in and day out?

I'm guessing someone who flat out doesn't give a shit. That appears to be how Floyd feels.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 08:15 PM) *
Actually, NO we're not in agreement about anything. What YOU pretty much said was, "No it wouldn't", in response to someone saying that "it would shut Mayweather up and make the fight happen" if Manny would just agree to take the tests. Then shortly after that, you said he "DID" ask for $100 million. Neither of those statements are true, but evidently, you seem to believe they are, which leads me to believe that either your juggling Pacquiao's balls in your mouth or you've been sippin too much of that Kool-Aid that Arum has been serving you. THAT'S pretty much what I was saying.

laugh.gif

Now, if you're saying you agree with me about that, then okay, I guess we do agree, but for some reason, I don't think you are agreeing to that.

laugh.gif

The ONLY thing we might come close to agreeing on is the fact that Mayweather has let Arum control the media and skew the perception in his direction. That's it. As for Floyd having to do something about it, I personally don't think he has to do anything if he doesn't want to....people like yourself can believe whatever they want to believe. I was just under the impression that you were one of those people a little smarter than that to buy into the bullshit that Arum has been spittin'. Maybe I was wrong, but hey, it won't be the first time I was wrong.

laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm juggling Pac's balls in my mouth, when I'm posting up about how much I didn't like them, and I posted up in the Marquez/Manny terms thread (I know, I know, you don't have time to read everything, you have a prom video of Floyd's to shoot), and I quote, "FUCK MANNY AND FUCK ROACH"

But hey, it's much easier to say that since I disagree with Floyd on issues, I HAVE to be a pro-Manny guy, or if I disagree with Manny I'm a pro-floyd guy. No grey area there.

And you can interpret what I've written all you want, it doesn't make it true. Anyone else on here who has time to read the threads, know that I've continued to say that Arum is claiming these things, and Floyd is not denying them. That's it. NOWHERE have I said I believed Arum on these things.

But I guess I'm jugging Arum's balls too. rolleyes_anim.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 12 2011, 11:03 PM) *
+1

Here are the things to consider:

1.) The steroids accusation ritual by Floyd and his camp has been brought up before, but it has not really been an issue for other Pacquiao opponents. Why doesn't every single Pacquaio opponent mandate steroid testing? You can't have one fighter dictating the terms. If Floyd is concerned about this, petition the commission and sanctioning body federations, all of them WBA, WBC, IBF, and WBO, to enforce mandatory steroid checking before each and every world title fight. It might help curve the steroid problems in boxing. However, you can't put all your eggs into one basket for one fight.

2.) The testing parameters should be done by the commissions and sanctioning bodies who govern the sport. Look at all elements of the type of steroids being tested, the money involved for testing. Who is doing the testing? Both fighters have to abide by the same tests and the same rules and regulations for the tests.

3.) I'm tired of all the accusation-denial hype ritual bullshit over Mayweather-Pacquaio. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. The hype would most likely far outside what would happen in the fight anyway. (Mayweather jabbing and moving to a 116-112 UD anyway.) There are fights out there with better potential action that I would rather see. The hype for this fight will be so huge, that the promotion would collapse under its own weight.

4.) Mosley as a proven steroid user in the past, along with his non-effort last Saturday night, with an anonymous Internet article, solidifies that I have lost all respect for him as a fighter and as a person. Shame Mosley is now a disgrace to all of boxing!

Jack

1) Because no other fighter has the "juice" (pun intended) to make a demand like that and actually still get the fight....and YES, you CAN have one fighter dictating the terms....just ask Hagler and Leonard, or even Pacquiao, who makes up his own weight classes.

2) Are you kidding me? Aren't you the same guy who writes articles and constantly complains about how bad the sanctioning bodies are? I mean, are we talking about the commission who caught Margarito (oh, my bad, that was a trainer) or the commission who caught Fernando Vargas and Thiago Silva (oh, my bad, they were both busted AFTER their fights already took place).

3) Agree to take the tests and there is no more accusation-denial hype and the fight will happen. It's very simple...just say yes and take the tests. The likelihood of them actually testing during the final week or final days before the fight are slim considering they stopped testing Mosley/Mayweather 18 days out. I mean, Mosley was a freakin admitted user for crying out loud and they didn't bother to test him that close to the fight. It's just the randomness of the tests that prevents someone from even thinking about cheating.

4) You, as a long-time fan, are starting to look a little like a disgrace to boxing. I mean, I understand people are upset with Shane's performance, but truth be told, you weren't the one inside that ring getting your faced smashed in by a guy much smaller than you. You don't know what those punches felt like. And after all the years and fights that Mosley has given you, now, all of a sudden, because he laid an egg against someone many of you have elevated to the status of THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME, you want to call him a shame and a disgrace to boxing? Seriously? Wow. That's pretty fucking sad man. I mean, don't get me wrong, his performance was terrible, but to say he's a disgrace after all the blood, sweat and tears he put into the sport...after all the fights and great moments he HAS given you...damn. That's just fucked up.

The funny thing is, I've talked to Shane since the fight...needless to say, in my opinion, Manny Pacquiao will continue to rearrange faces and be the hardest puncher that anyone has ever faced so long as he's not fighting Floyd Mayweather. I'll just leave it at that.
KookedKrack
It would be nice for the sanctioning bodies to begin random blood testing across the board for all fights but I think looking at it realistically the cost would be pretty high.
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 12 2011, 11:25 PM) *
(I know, I know, you don't have time to read everything, you have a prom video of Floyd's to shoot)

Prom video?

rolleyes_anim.gif

Okay...now I will be more aggressive. Funny thing is, your dumb ass probably enjoyed watching our prom video. Go post over on blahtalks message board.

laugh.gif

And the moral of the story is, don't play games with thehype when he's having a long and rough week.

ok.gif
KookedKrack
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 11:30 PM) *
4) You, as a long-time fan, are starting to look a little like a disgrace to boxing. I mean, I understand people are upset with Shane's performance, but truth be told, you weren't the one inside that ring getting your faced smashed in by a guy much smaller than you. You don't know what those punches felt like. And after all the years and fights that Mosley has given you, now, all of a sudden, because he laid an egg against someone many of you have elevated to the status of THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME, you want to call him a shame and a disgrace to boxing? Seriously? Wow. That's pretty fucking sad man. I mean, don't get me wrong, his performance was terrible, but to say he's a disgrace after all the blood, sweat and tears he put into the sport...after all the fights and great moments he HAS given you...damn. That's just fucked up.

dry.gif

Breh are you trying to tell me that you were fine with the constant glove touching and running on Saturday? You know people paid 54-70 bucks to watch that shit? A bad performance is one thing but dude was in there acting like a bitch no other way to put it, had he actually put an effort into hitting Pac man and got ko'd no way he catches all the shit is he getting. People are more upset about that than anything. Mosley has given us great performances in the past but you know more than anyone in here boxing is a "what have you done for me lately" sport. One of Jack1000's reasons for him coming to that conclusion also involves Shane juicing imo that is more than enough reason for him to have that opinion.

Romulus9
Want to make things really interesting?

Opponents should start demanding testing for Amir Khan, or any other Ariza-related fighter.

Let one of those guys test positive, OR be incredibly elusive.... then there's the whole smoke/fire thing.

As for the tests themselves, I'm with Method. If they're required, then it must be done. Until then....... eh.

That's just me, though.
thehype
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 12 2011, 11:43 PM) *
dry.gif

Breh are you trying to tell me that you were fine with the constant glove touching and running on Saturday? You know people paid 54-70 bucks to watch that shit? A bad performance is one thing but dude was in there acting like a bitch no other way to put it, had he actually put an effort into hitting Pac man and got ko'd no way he catches all the shit is he getting. People are more upset about that than anything. Mosley has given us great performances in the past but you know more than anyone in here boxing is a "what have you done for me lately" sport. One of Jack1000's reasons for him coming to that conclusion also involves Shane juicing imo that is more than enough reason for him to have that opinion.

No I wasn't fine with it...nor did I say I was....but I also wouldn't say he's a shame and a disgrace to boxing. I mean, call him a coward if you want, or an old man afraid to get knocked out...that's fine...but a total disgrace to boxing? Yeah, I'm sorry, but I ABSOLUTELY disagree with that. I've seen PLENTY of fighters with FAR LESS credentials have shitter performances than that against far less opponents than Manny Pacquiao. That being said, like I already said, I've spoken to Shane since the fight and needless to say, until you know what it's like to be punched in the face and dropped by a 6-inch straight left from Manny Pacquiao, I don't know if I would be so quick to judge. Was Shane in survival mode after the knockdown? Absolutely. Was there a reason why he was in survival mode after what appeared to be just a "simple" flash knockdown from a short punch? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY! But hey, that's all I'm going to say about that.

My new mantra is "JUST SAY YES AND TAKE THE TESTS!"
KookedKrack
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2011, 11:57 PM) *
No I wasn't fine with it...nor did I say I was....but I also wouldn't say he's a shame and a disgrace to boxing. I mean, call him a coward if you want, or an old man afraid to get knocked out...that's fine...but a total disgrace to boxing? Yeah, I'm sorry, but I ABSOLUTELY disagree with that. I've seen PLENTY of fighters with FAR LESS credentials have shitter performances than that against far less opponents than Manny Pacquiao. That being said, like I already said, I've spoken to Shane since the fight and needless to say, until you know what it's like to be punched in the face and dropped by a 6-inch straight left from Manny Pacquiao, I don't know if I would be so quick to judge. Was Shane in survival mode after the knockdown? Absolutely. Was there a reason why he was in survival mode after what appeared to be just a "simple" flash knockdown from a short punch? ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY! But hey, that's all I'm going to say about that.

My new mantra is "JUST SAY YES AND TAKE THE TESTS!"

Nah I get what your saying but Jack1000 listed the cheating in there as well as his performance sat night and from my point of view the juicing is more than enough reason for him to feel that way. I'm a Shane fan btw but on Sat I called him every name in the book for that shitty performance and it was well deserved.

gravytrain
i don't think i can really complain about Mosley's performance other than the glove touching. he looked fucking horrible against Mayweather when Mayweather throws like 30 punches a round, what did people expect against Pac throwing double that? i think the consensus on here was Mosley had a puncher's chance at most so it's not like it's a good match up anyway.

i was thinking about this a little and was wondering what other people thought of it. did Mayweather not responding to Arum really hurt him or can it benefit him in the future? him not saying anything and Pac staying in the ring has kind of brought Pac to a point where a lot of casual fans are probably thinking he can stop Mayweather. i think Mayweather/Mosley did well because it was pitched as a legitimate fight for Mayweather where he had a good chance of losing. the fight might be bigger when people want to just to see Pac whoop up on Mayweather than back when it's just a megafight.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 12 2011, 11:03 PM) *

Because they dont want to risk the chance of being told fuck off and lose the biggest payday of their careers. They aren't in the position that Floyd is in. Folks are demanding to see them fight Manny, they feel blessed and honored to fight Manny and therefor will STFU and do as told.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.