Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Ward vs. Abraham: SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all-action and post-fight reaction to the Ward-Abraham fight. Note the unusual start time, as Showtime is forcing it's subscribers to sit through the POS Pacquiao-Mosley fight first, instead of doing the logical thing by replaying the Arce-Vasquez classic in its place.

On the live fight, I got Ward by a near shut-out decision for my preview prediction.

Jack

Administrator
caneman
Ward 117-111ish
E.C.LEGEND
I have Abraham losing a TD from a headbutt around the 6th or 7th round
Jack 1000
QUOTE (caneman @ May 14 2011, 02:30 PM) *
Ward 117-111ish

I can't see a better scenario for Abraham either. He starts slow. Really slow. It takes him 7 rounds just to get into a fight. His only chance is an outside "Hail Mary" on Ward's chin. However, Andre will see Abraham's telegraphed shots from a mile away and I suspect will just out-box the shit out of him.

A possibility of a TD in Ward's favor because of a cut-producing head-butt, or Abraham getting dirty late in the fight and risking a DQ is very strong, because Arther knows that this may be his last world title opportunity or even a shot as a top contender if he loses.

Jack
salvador
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 14 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Showtime is forcing it's subscribers to sit through the POS Pacquiao-Mosley fight first, instead of doing the logical thing by replaying the Arce-Vasquez classic in its place.

SHowtime also isn't bothering to give fans any of Ward or Abraham's fights "On Demand" before the fight like HBO does - in spite of the fact that there's other boxing matches available on Showtime's "on Demand". Stupid.
The CEO
Same old story...Ward beats him any which way he wants to or has to, Abraham has the 10% Puncher's Chance...
salvador
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 14 2011, 06:07 PM) *
Same old story...Ward beats him any which way he wants to or has to, Abraham has the 10% Puncher's Chance...

Would you have had that opinion before the tournament?

I think it's an interesting story that Ward took the opportunity of the tournament to become the complete and confident and offensive-minded fighter that he has become. That's exciting.
caneman
QUOTE (salvador @ May 14 2011, 07:33 PM) *

I think it's an interesting story that Ward took the opportunity of the tournament to become the complete and confident and offensive-minded fighter that he has become. That's exciting.

CEO has been with Ward from the get go. I sure wasn't sold on him from the start...I just didn't think he had the experience but he has to be the front runner even if his next fight won't be as easy as tonight's!
KookedKrack
Ward via decision......Christ I have to see this fucking fight again.

thumbsdown_anim.gif
caneman
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 14 2011, 09:07 PM) *
Ward via decision......Christ I have to see this fucking fight again.

thumbsdown_anim.gif

there is the arreola stream!
caneman
ouch that was over fast, Chris's bra size was smaller for this fight too!!! rolleyes_anim.gif
Method
Chris who?
caneman
QUOTE (Method @ May 14 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Chris who?

Chris Arreola
The CEO
QUOTE (salvador @ May 14 2011, 08:33 PM) *

Pretty much...would have probably given Abraham a 15% chance due to the fact I was assuming his power would move up with him...since then, we've found out both his power and his chin have definitely taken a hit at 168...that he's really too small for the division...I think most critics overestimated Abraham before the tourney and after the Taylor KO....

Good to see you appreciate the excitement factor in Ward's rise....although the Bika fight was ugly, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching him work and grow...AND stay grounded/hungry at the same time...

He's one of a very small handful of fighters I would pay to watch on PPV...and that says a lot knowing how hard I am on fighters and how rarely I pay for fights...

QUOTE (caneman @ May 14 2011, 08:39 PM) *
CEO has been with Ward from the get go. I sure wasn't sold on him from the start...I just didn't think he had the experience but he has to be the front runner even if his next fight won't be as easy as tonight's!

Yeah...I saw It in him early...the class and intelligence and versatility...this kid had been groomed PROPERLY (which is VERY important and seldom seen nowadays)...I knew that even at his young age, he was gonna be too much for anyone in this division...

I have a feeling Johnson is gonna beat Froch and give Ward a Hell of a fight...which will only help Ward grow some more...
Romulus9
Check the archives. Two people (that I remember) picked Ward when the Super Six started: yours truly and The CEO.

Ward wins easy tonight.

Clinic time.

Abraham's only shot is landing a massive shot like the one he almost killed Jermain Taylor with.

Other than that, it's the Froch fight all over again, and a Ward-Froch showdown halfway to fruition.
Spyder
Anyone want to PM me a link? I cancelled my Showtime and HBO...
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 14 2011, 11:11 PM) *
Anyone want to PM me a link? I cancelled my Showtime and HBO...

check your pm
Spyder
Thanks!

drinks.gif
KOpower
Can someone pm me a link as well? Don't have Showtime. Thanks.
HaydelHammer
Decent scarp so far. AA looks motivated
Spyder
Ward is starting to turn up the heat.
Romulus9
38-38 on my card so far. MUCH more early aggression from him, which is making this far more entertaining. Nice round 4 for Andre but if he gets lured into a fire fight, it could get infinitely more entertaining.
HaydelHammer
ward look like he got a little pissed towards the end of rd 4. I got ward up so far by a rd.
HaydelHammer
ref needs to back TF away and let them go imo.
KookedKrack
Great round for Ward.
HaydelHammer
AA going to have to come up with some other gameplan besides that looping left then hold.
HaydelHammer
AA a human punching bag in RD 7
The CEO
5-2 Ward....Abraham showed up and pissed Ward off...lol...bad move, Arthur...now you gotta pay the price...

Ward is as tough and mean as he is smart...if he only had power...
Romulus9
I know why he can't pull the trigger.

He stays in that shell so much, because Ward is so active, that his arms are completely shot already. Watch how many times he tries to shake the tension out of his arms.

68-65 Ward.
HaydelHammer
AA getting his face beat up by his own damn gloves. LOL Ward laying into them bastards
gravytrain
i like Ward in this fight. he's using feints, jabbing well, working angles and mixing up his punches when he can. i would like to see him get his punches past Abraham's guard but that shit is easier said than done and sometimes Abraham really doesn't give anything up.

HaydelHammer
AA with that weak ass tough man competition bar room ass left hook lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 14 2011, 11:51 PM) *
AA with that weak ass tough man competition bar room ass left hook lol

at this point i can only dream of seeing the hook comeback, now Abraham is just taking punches on his arms and staying in front of Ward.
Spyder
Abraham is clueless.
Romulus9
First three rounds = competitive.

Round 4 on = Ass whoopin'.
HaydelHammer
Sad part for AA now is if he opens up he gonna get his ass lit up something terrible in return tonight. this aint jermain
The CEO
Good points, Rommy and Gravy...

I should have thought it would be a bit difficult for Ward to get past Abe's guard...he throws such straight, technical punches...he learned to flare 'em more in this fight....impressive work...

and I need to amend my earlier post....if he only had 1 PUNCH KO power...he throws some stingers, and those can come together and stop dudes...
Romulus9
May as well say it now...

Sometime in 2012, Lucian Bute is gonna get sliced and diced by S.O.G., whether he leaves Canada for the privilege or not.

I had it 117-111 Ward.
Box in Hand
No surprises tonight what so ever. Abraham put up a better fight tonight than against Froch but he is not fit for this division. He says he wants to stay at this weight but the blueprint has been laid, there are now 3 ways to skin Abraham.

Good call to those who said Ward would win this tournament. I had Kessler winning but Ward has made me a believer.
caneman
I know they had trouble with guys dropping out and shit but this super 6 has taken wayyyyyyyy too long! I had Ward 117-111 but 118-110 was good too!
On another note, the Corona hoes could get it! Bute would get fucked up by Froch, Johnson and Ward but as I have said even Martinez would spank that ass!
Kessler too in fact! Hating ain't I?
JONdaCON817
Dayum them ring girls got some ASS!!! Shut up Tarver and move your big ass head out the wayy...
gravytrain
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 15 2011, 12:06 AM) *

Sometime in 2012, Lucian Bute is gonna get sliced and diced by S.O.G., whether he leaves Canada for the privilege or not.

I had it 117-111 Ward.

it will be a long time coming.
caneman
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 14 2011, 11:19 PM) *
Dayum them ring girls got some ASS!!! Shut up Tarver and move your big ass head out the wayy...

Head and lips...bubble gum looking mother fuckers! lolz
The CEO
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 15 2011, 12:06 AM) *

I had it 117-111 Ward.

QUOTE (caneman @ May 15 2011, 12:19 AM) *
I know they had trouble with guys dropping out and shit but this super has taken wayyyyyyyy too long! I had Ward 117-111 but 118-110 was good too!
On another note, the Corona hoes could get it! Bute would get fucked up by Froch, Johnson and Ward but as I have said even Martinez would spank that ass!
Kessler too in fact! Hating ain't I?

You're Hating WELL if anything...lol...Bute's career path is absolute bullshit...you gotta start steppin' up and makin' statements around the 20 win mark if you wanna do it right...you also have step off your front porch...

Speakin' of...did anyone else notice the crowd was about 50/50 tonight?...Bute would probably crack if he heard one, single boo...lol

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 15 2011, 12:19 AM) *

LOL...those asses were a nice touch...they should do that every post interview...

P.S.~ I wonder how many garbage fans are out there are sayin' Ward was buttin' and holdin' all night in his "hometown" again...they say they hate Andre Ward's style (singular) and can't bear to watch him fight...lol

If any of you are lurking reading this, I'm thinkin' about comin' to your home board and fuckin' you up again....
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ May 14 2011, 11:38 PM) *
Head and lips...bubble gum looking mother fuckers! lolz

Lol... with that retarded crooked smile.
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 14 2011, 11:50 PM) *
You're Hating WELL if anything...lol...Bute's career path is absolute bullshit...you gotta start steppin' up and makin' statements around the 20 win mark if you wanna do it right...you also have step off your front porch...

Speakin' of...did anyone else notice the crowd was about 50/50 tonight?...Bute would probably crack if he heard one, single boo...lol

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You just insinuated Bute was a "house cracker" that stays in Canada on his porch! lolz! I am so out raged that my weekend is trashed laugh.gif pfffffffffft funny shit, wrong thread I guess...maybe! lmao
caneman
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 14 2011, 11:59 PM) *
Lol... with that retarded crooked smile.

Yea he does that Chris Webber thing talking out the side of his mouth...see all you gotta do is KO RJJ and it's automatic, you get the showtime job cause RJJ IS ON HBO! LOLZZZZZZZZZZZ! Nah I guess he does an ok job but still kinda wish he kept running his mouth to Ben...that would be a good fight! I am getting silly now, maybe I should go to bed!
laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
I hope Glen Johnson doesnt spoil this shit. I think Ward vs Froch could be a special fight. The super 6 turned out to be pretty good in my opinion, thus far.
caneman
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 15 2011, 12:23 AM) *
I hope Glen Johnson doesnt spoil this shit. I think Ward vs Froch could be a special fight. The super 6 turned out to be pretty good in my opinion, thus far.

That old man is gonna try, you know how some go out on their shield right? He would rather die with his last chance! Froch better be ready!
The Original MrFactor
Cane, I agree. Johnson will make a fight of it. He's always been one of my favorite guys because he comes to fight and will throw caution to the wind.
Do you know where the fight is being held? It wouldnt surprise me if this was a close decision either way. You know a close decision IN ENGLAND will favor Froch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.