Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Ward vs. Abraham: SPOILERS 45 Mins. Later (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
gbh32001
QUOTE (caneman @ May 15 2011, 01:38 PM) *
That old man is gonna try, you know how some go out on their shield right? He would rather die with his last chance! Froch better be ready!

Frock will display that boxing is a young man's game...Glen will follow him with bad intension. A bad match up for the old man but if Froch will bring it to slugfest we are in for a great night of boxing. 8-4 for Froch.
Jack 1000
Yea. Easy 118-110 Ward from me and everyone else pretty much. Once Andre started that movement and jabbing elusiveness, Abraham could do nothing.

Jack
Imperius3
Great performance by Ward. I really don't see him losing any time soon. I think he beats Johnson and Froch without much trouble. Bute and Dawson would give him a harder time, but I would still favor Ward. The only fighter who I think can beat him...would be Hopkins.
Method
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 15 2011, 01:23 AM) *
I hope Glen Johnson doesnt spoil this shit. I think Ward vs Froch could be a special fight. The super 6 turned out to be pretty good in my opinion, thus far.

I hope he does...or at least that the best man wins.

I dont think all that much of Froch, so I cant say Ward vs Froch would be all that special.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 15 2011, 01:23 AM) *
I hope Glen Johnson doesnt spoil this shit. I think Ward vs Froch could be a special fight. The super 6 turned out to be pretty good in my opinion, thus far.

I'm pulling for Glen even though I know Crotch will just outwork him and make him look old.

I don't see crotch letting up like SAD CHAD vs Johnson I... and look bad in victory. If he does let up for any reason and Johnson shows up...could get interesting.
kidbazooka1
I've bashed Ward in the past but last night he fought a good fight he didn't hold as much and showed he can adjust when needed. I was never big on one diminsional Abraham who was also fighting at a weight that doesn't fit him but Ward did what he had to do to win and did it nicely.

Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 15 2011, 12:50 AM) *
P.S.~ I wonder how many garbage fans are out there are sayin' Ward was buttin' and holdin' all night in his "hometown" again...they say they hate Andre Ward's style (singular) and can't bear to watch him fight...lol

If any of you are lurking reading this, I'm thinkin' about comin' to your home board and fuckin' you up again....

Kinda harsh bro...

laugh.gif
The CEO
That was the point...I'm tired of bein' nice.

The majority of the ones saying Ward is a boring, hugging, headbutting cheater are the same ones who lobbied for that 12 Round CLUSTERFUCK, Froch-Kessler, to be FOTY...they are also saying that Froch is better P4P.

It's obvious what they are, and what they're doing...but I'm not gonna let it slide anymore...

My Zero Tolerance Policy towards insecure, Anti-American, amateur haters has been RE-DEPLOYED...

I'm on my way over, garbage.
JD
LOL...CEO is irate.

Would you get the unlimited text plan so you can actually respond to shit without waiting till the 17th...
The CEO
LMAOO!!

FUCK no.

I'm not payin' an extra 20 bucks a month to keep gettin' pics of Samoan headbutts and the state of California...

I'm running you a tab for that shit...you're at $2.20 right now...
JD
LMFAO!!! Awesome.
Spyder
LOL!!

CEO HATES Andre Ward Hate.
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 16 2011, 03:37 PM) *
LOL!!

CEO HATES Andre Ward Hate.

It's more like I said... I Hate insecure, Anti-American, AMATEUR hate...lol

It's alright though...they're only exposing themselves as garbage fans by unjustly bashing someone of Ward's calibre and character...in AND OUT the ring, mind you...

but yeah...JD's really been uncharacteristically trolling me lately....it's fun and angering at the same time...lol
JD
LOL...I have been enjoying the shit out of it, mainly because deep down I know you appreciate it. I can sense the occasional anger in the texts back, and here now, but in the end you enjoy it.

It makes no difference whether it comes from me or Spyder...you still sit back...read the text...read it again...shake your head...laugh and think "man those guys are on point."
The CEO
See what I mean?...lol..."on point".

and fYi, Spyder's on MY side.....he can't wait for Ward to school Froch and shut those fools up...
JD
Oh I wasn't talking about taking sides...there is no side, I fully expect Ward to beat Froch who I expect to beat Johnson.

I was speaking from a position of general sense. It's important, I understand that and am here...just a text away.
The CEO
Don't you do it..don't you dare text me!

laugh.gif

Man...you must have been a World Class Troll in your 20s....you still got it!
Sicko
Not sure why Ward would listen to a few fans who probably never boxed (including myself) but I don't think Ward should change ANYTHING...

WHY??? Because he is already Top 10 P4P, He has dominated every fight he been in for the Super Six so far and it is really nothing he needs to change, his opponents are the ones that need to FORCE HIM TO CHANGE HIS STYLE, he shouldn't do it to "BE MORE ENTERTAINING" though

I think some fans want him to change up what he does SO HE CAN LOSE lol but Ward is smarter then that! I thought Abraham forced him to fight and didn't allow him to clinch as much as PREVIOUS FIGHTS but unfortunately for Abraham he couldn't do much against Ward Defense and his Elusiveness, he was just Ducking Under most of Abraham's Power Punches

Ward is one of the most complete fighters in boxing today, yeah OK more KO's would be ENTERTAINING but I personally love watching the Sweet Science at is finest and I love watching a good fighter put on a BOXING CLINIC like Ward did against Kessler, Green and Abraham! If your going to allowing me to get into your chase and rip you apart to the body, if your going to allow me to clinch you then why wouldn't I take advantage of that?
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ May 16 2011, 04:22 PM) *
Oh I wasn't talking about taking sides...there is no side, I fully expect Ward to beat Froch who I expect to beat Johnson.

I was speaking from a position of general sense. It's important, I understand that and am here...just a text away.

QUOTE (The CEO @ May 16 2011, 06:26 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 16 2011, 04:00 PM) *
It's more like I said... I Hate insecure, Anti-American, AMATEUR hate...lol

It's alright though...they're only exposing themselves as garbage fans by unjustly bashing someone of Ward's calibre and character...in AND OUT the ring, mind you...

but yeah...JD's really been uncharacteristically trolling me lately....it's fun and angering at the same time...lol

Is Some of that anger dirceted towards me C?

Cause you knew where i stood with Ward prior to the Abraham fight but like i just stated in my previous post Ward did impress me against Abraham. Don't get me wrong im not quite yet on the Ward wagon but with performances like last saturdays it may only be a matter of time.

With Ward being from my hometown im really happy he won and fought the way he did against Abraham i hope he keeps it up.

And as for Froch Ward beats him with one hand(i would have said this before the AA fight aswell).
JD
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 16 2011, 06:26 PM) *

laugh.gif

I have been known to successfully bust balls here and there...I don't think it's a skill we ever truly lose, it's like riding a bike. You know?
The CEO
QUOTE (Sicko @ May 16 2011, 06:39 PM) *
Not sure why Ward would listen to a few fans who probably never boxed (including myself) but I don't think Ward should change ANYTHING...

WHY??? Because he is already Top 10 P4P, He has dominated every fight he been in for the Super Six so far and it is really nothing he needs to change, his opponents are the ones that need to FORCE HIM TO CHANGE HIS STYLE, he shouldn't do it to "BE MORE ENTERTAINING" though

I think some fans want him to change up what he does SO HE CAN LOSE lol but Ward is smarter then that! I thought Abraham forced him to fight and didn't allow him to clinch as much as PREVIOUS FIGHTS but unfortunately for Abraham he couldn't do much against Ward Defense and his Elusiveness, he was just Ducking Under most of Abraham's Power Punches

Ward is one of the most complete fighters in boxing today, yeah OK more KO's would be ENTERTAINING but I personally love watching the Sweet Science at is finest and I love watching a good fighter put on a BOXING CLINIC like Ward did against Kessler, Green and Abraham! If your going to allowing me to get into your chase and rip you apart to the body, if your going to allow me to clinch you then why wouldn't I take advantage of that?

Good post...judging from that, you're a smart Boxing fan...

I personally enjoyed the Green fight as much as the Kessler fight...that was a true, throwback performance a purist can really appreciate...perfectly legal and SUPREME infighting...and although you'll hear the amateurs calling Ward a hugger....Green actually initiated most of the holding.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 16 2011, 09:33 PM) *
Ward just needs to keep doing what he is doing - winning.

His ability to adjust on the fly during fights gives him tremendous upside potential. He has just about everything in his arsenal but one punch power. He improves with every fight. He is a well spoken, intelligent ambassador for the sport.

What's not to like?

That's it, Beardo...

Hate a fighter if they have a glass chin, they run, they have a padded resume, they're a fraud who says they're the best, and so on and so on...

These people are so desperate they have to exaggerate/lie about him or say he's boring (a.k.a. makes it look easy) to have at least SOMETHING bad to say...lol

They're in for a rough decade...

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 16 2011, 09:24 PM) *
Is Some of that anger dirceted towards me C?

Cause you knew where i stood with Ward prior to the Abraham fight but like i just stated in my previous post Ward did impress me against Abraham. Don't get me wrong im not quite yet on the Ward wagon but with performances like last saturdays it may only be a matter of time.

With Ward being from my hometown im really happy he won and fought the way he did against Abraham i hope he keeps it up.

And as for Froch Ward beats him with one hand(i would have said this before the AA fight aswell).

No noooo....not at all...lol...I have no anger and am not thinking about anyone here when I say these things...

We're cool like we've always been, Kid....

QUOTE (JD @ May 17 2011, 08:13 AM) *
I have been known to successfully bust balls here and there...I don't think it's a skill we ever truly lose, it's like riding a bike. You know?

It's the 17th...expect a few fuck yous here in a minute...
JD
Oh man...look at that, it is the 17th.

Alright man, let the countdown from 250 begin.
The CEO
Easy now...that's 8 a day back and forth...lol

I am NOT upgrading to be harassed.
JD
What kind of CEO doesn't have unlimited texts?
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ May 17 2011, 09:17 AM) *
What kind of CEO doesn't have unlimited texts?

The kind who only allows a select few to break his balls...lol

My circle prefers to talk over texting...
JD
LOL.

Between you, Spyder, Method and Grump, I am fairly certain I burn through 250 texts in back and forths on a fight night.
The CEO
Well I would have been fine if Meth hadn't turned up the heat last month...

Depending on your following texts, I might drop another $5 to get 500...lol
JD
Alright man...one median. LOL
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 17 2011, 08:54 AM) *
No noooo....not at all...lol...I have no anger and am not thinking about anyone here when I say these things...

We're cool like we've always been, Kid....

Right on bro.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.