Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday (5/21/11) Picks
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Jean Pascal 26(16)-1 v BHop 51(32)-5 = No doubt BHop deserved the first go round, but can he get what he deserved this time? Afterall, it is French CanadaLand. I continue to believe that this is a no lose situation for BHop. Ol Snaggletooth returns to the young lion's lair to prove the first ass kickin' was no fluke. Gotta love this shit, no matter how full of shit he is about pro QBs. It will be hard for the old man to top his last performance, but all he really needs to do is stay on his feet and Pascal will more than likely wilt once more. But does BHop need an unlikely KO to get his due? BHop SD

Diaconu 27(15)-2 v Dawson 29(17)-1 = Chad Dawson has some proving to do. My hope is that he is leaving the boss - I mean wife - and the kids at home where they belong and that he is going to French CanadaLand to get the job done this time. Diaconu is no pushover. He will challenge Dawson from the outset. I think the American intends to make a statement. Dawson TKO 8

Denis Lebedev 21(16)-1 v RJJ 54(40)-7(3) = IN MOSCOW!! Are you fucking kidding me? Miracles do happen. But not for an African American boxing legend with shattered glass where his jaw once resided, in the capital of what's left of The Klingon Empire. Lebedev KO 3 (and that is wishful thinking)

Nathan Cleverly 21(10)-0 v Juergen Braehmer 36(29)-2 = WAR!!! I don't think this goes the distance and it could go either way. Cleverly RTD 9

And finally, the epic clash of the weekend . . . James Degale 10(8)-0 v George Groves 12(10)-0 = I have know clue. Looks like someone could visit The Land of Twitch. But who . . . just a second, I'm flipping a coin . . . its a sign (George Washington). Groves SD Maxy, LLoyd, anyone, can you clue us in here?

Your turn . . . Step up to the plate!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 16 2011, 09:53 PM) *
Jean Pascal 26(16)-1 v BHop 51(32)-5 = No doubt BHop deserved the first go round, but can he get what he deserved this time? Afterall, it is French CanadaLand. I continue to believe that this is a no lose situation for BHop. Ol Snaggletooth returns to the young lion's lair to prove the first ass kickin' was no fluke. Gotta love this shit, no matter how full of shit he is about pro QBs. It will be hard for the old man to top his last performance, but all he really needs to do is stay on his feet and Pascal will more than likely wilt once more. But does BHop need an unlikely KO to get his due? BHop SD

Diaconu 27(15)-2 v Dawson 29(17)-1 = Chad Dawson has some proving to do. My hope is that he is leaving the boss - I mean wife - and the kids at home where they belong and that he is going to French CanadaLand to get the job done this time. Diaconu is no pushover. He will challenge Dawson from the outset. I think the American intends to make a statement. Dawson TKO 8

Denis Lebedev 21(16)-1 v RJJ 54(40)-7(3) = IN MOSCOW!! Are you fucking kidding me? Miracles do happen. But not for an African American boxing legend with shattered glass where his jaw once resided, in the capital of what's left of The Klingon Empire. Lebedev KO 3 (and that is wishful thinking)

Nathan Cleverly 21(10)-0 v Juergen Braehmer 36(29)-2 = WAR!!! I don't think this goes the distance and it could go either way. Cleverly RTD 9

And finally, the epic clash of the weekend . . . James Degale 10(8)-0 v George Groves 12(10)-0 = I have know clue. Looks like someone could visit The Land of Twitch. But who . . . just a second, I'm flipping a coin . . . its a sign (George Washington). Groves SD Maxy, LLoyd, anyone, can you clue us in here?

Hopkins-Pascal II: DRAW!!: I see this as another close fight that will be another 7-5 115-113 type rounds split. Most think Hopkins should have won the first fight by a hair. Actually, to get a draw in a world champions' back yard is very good. Many close rounds will probably unofficially go to Hopkins because of public sentiment. But Pascal wants to erase the controversial nature of the first fight, a fight that a lot of people forget, he did score two knockdowns during the other times he seemed to be dominated by the old master.

Hopkins reminds me of James Toney, with the exception that Hopkins cares about conditioning. They are these very skilled veteran inside fighters that pivot well, counter well. The legs and balance aren't as good on Ex as they used to be. But this has got to be another fight with a Hopkins-Taylor, Leonard-Hagler, or Trinidad-Delahoya split on who wins. Why do I get the feeling that somehow, these guys could fight 10 times and we will get a microscopically close call each time. These guys could do their own version of Pacquiao-Marquez here.

Dawson-Decantu: Dawson SD in a harder than expected fight.

Lebendev-Jones Jr. Lebandev KO 4. Upset! But not really an upset, I know so little about this guy, but he is a big puncher. I hope he KO's Jones and ends this comeback of his, for Roy's own health and safety. Jones is so gone that a strong wind could KO. The other possibility is Jones by a UD if this guy is nothing. But I am hoping for the KO here.

gravytrain
BHop MD
Dawson UD
Lebedev TKO 2
Cleverly UD
Groves SD
flip
Alfonso Gomez KO
EAlbian
B-Hop TKO 9, i thinl he puts his foot on the gas and Pascal gets stopped but i wouldnt be surprised if it goes the distance. I dont think Pascal can handle the pressure.

Degale, seen Groves and I'm not impressed. I think Degale has more places to go and is hard to hit. I think Degale vs Ward will be a big fight in 2 years time @175

Brahmer by SD upset, cleverly reminds me of a Pwill and Calzaghe mix. No power and needs to work on defense.

Lebedev by KO 5, jones moves a lot until he decides to lay on the ropes and gets his head taken off
lloyd mayflower
Pascal SD
Dawspm UD
Lebedev KO5
Cleverly SD
Groves TKO9

Smarty, if im being perfectly honest my own money would go on DeGale if it had to go on either but maybe im getting swept away with the hype(mostly self generated). My hate for Degale runs rampant but Groves has looked a little ragged and easy to hit recently. What is worth remembering tho is that Groves has faced stiffer comp and beat DeGale twice in the amatuers. My pick is a little bit of wishful thinking but if theres a KO i reckon it goes the way of Groves.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (EAlbian @ May 17 2011, 10:17 AM) *
B-Hop TKO 9, i thinl he puts his foot on the gas and Pascal gets stopped but i wouldnt be surprised if it goes the distance. I dont think Pascal can handle the pressure.

Degale, seen Groves and I'm not impressed. I think Degale has more places to go and is hard to hit. I think Degale vs Ward will be a big fight in 2 years time @175

Brahmer by SD upset, cleverly reminds me of a Pwill and Calzaghe mix. No power and needs to work on defense.

Lebedev by KO 5, jones moves a lot until he decides to lay on the ropes and gets his head taken off

But cleverly has been stopping dudes left and right these past 10 fights or so. Hasn't he?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 03:49 AM) *
But cleverly has been stopping dudes left and right these past 10 fights or so. Hasn't he?

He has, unsurprisingly he has shown an upturn in power since leaving Enzo Calzaghe
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
BHop MD
Dawson UD
Lebedev TKO 1
Cleverly KO 5
Degale TKO 9
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 01:03 AM) *
BHop MD
Dawson UD
Lebedev TKO 1
Cleverly KO 5
Degale TKO 9

Can you regale us with the rationale behind your Degale pick, Ollie?
King Eugene
Normally I'd break my neck to see every Roy Jones Jr. fight but I'm staying far far far far far far far as hell away from watching this. I dont want to ruin what seems to be a potential good weekend by watching my all time favorite get his block knocked off. Damn it hurts!

BHop - UD
Dawson - UD
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 18 2011, 07:13 PM) *
Normally I'd break my neck to see every Roy Jones Jr. fight but I'm staying far far far far far far far as hell away from watching this. I dont want to ruin what seems to be a potential good weekend by watching my all time favorite get his block knocked off. Damn it hurts!

BHop - UD
Dawson - UD

Hopefully he won't get held up by the ropes or the corner and end up drooling in some Russian hospital.

Have mercy Lebedev. Make it quick, clean and relatively painless.
King Eugene
War Roy aggressive.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 18 2011, 07:26 PM) *
War Roy aggressive.gif

Damned right, KE. WAR RJJ! Sit us all the fuck down.
SmartyBeardo
Not one newbie willing to step up to the plate . . . y'all just want them t-shirts to wear as nightgowns. You wear spikes with them skirts?
FinitoElDinamita
Hopkins UD/late TKO

Dawson TKO10

Cleverly KO6

Jones UD

DeGale TKO9
King Eugene
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 06:12 PM) *
Hopkins UD/late TKO

Dawson TKO10

Cleverly KO6

Jones UD

DeGale TKO9

This fool picked Roy by UD. He's alright with me drinks.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 03:12 PM) *
Hopkins UD/late TKO

Dawson TKO10

Cleverly KO6

Jones UD

DeGale TKO9

Right on, Finito. All the way with RJJ. Good luck!

QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 09:04 PM) *
This fool picked Roy by UD. He's alright with me drinks.gif

Indeed. Cheers!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 16 2011, 07:53 PM) *

Last chance . . . all aboard . . . it is getting late in Moscow.
D-MARV
Pascal SD
Dawson UD
Fat Ass Roy Jones UD
Cleverly TKO10
DeGale UD
Big Slim Sweet
Pascal MD - Controversial again but I expect a better showing from JP this time around.

Dawson UD - Critics will say he should have stopped Diaconu. Angry fighthypers will agree.

Lebedev KO1 - Lord have mercy.

Cleverly UD

DeGale TKO 9
SmartyBeardo
What the . . . Yours truly and Gravytrain - 5-0. When in doubt, flip a coin.
gravytrain
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 22 2011, 12:47 AM) *
What the . . . Yours truly and Gravytrain - 5-0. When in doubt, flip a coin.

now if only i could get all the outcomes right lol.
BigG
Brilliant Performance from Hopkins! Congrats BHOP!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.