Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather vs Martinez at 154
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingWizard23
Fuck Pacman. Lets make it Martinez vs Mayweather at 154. Since pacman is ducking Martinez and saying come down to 150 to weight drain him. They allowed Margarito come to 154 and he's taller than Martinez. Mayweather is the REAL P4P King..Mayweather would once again show why he's the best and Pacman will show once again why he's average compared to a great technician in May. Let Pac fight Marquez at a high catchweight for Marquez, Rematch with Cotto, Then fight Julio Jr. then repeat and wash plus rinsed up fighters. Pacman needs his power pellets thats why he wont fight Floyd without them. TAKE THE TEST... Martinez vs Floyd 2012
KookedKrack
Tupac does not appreciate this thread title. I think Martinez might just be the one to beat Floyd IF he can make 154.

strong thread title edit lol
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 17 2011, 05:17 PM) *
Fuck Pacman. Lets make it Martinez vs Mayweather at 154. Since pacman is ducking Martinez and saying come down to 150 to weight drain him. They allowed Margarito come to 154 and he's taller than Martinez. Mayweather is the REAL P4P King..Mayweather would once again show why he's the best and Pacman will show once again why he's average compared to a great technician in May. Let Pac fight Marquez at a high catchweight for Marquez, Rematch with Cotto, Then fight Julio Jr. then repeat and wash plus rinsed up fighters. Pacman needs his power pellets thats why he wont fight Floyd without them. TAKE THE TEST... Martinez vs Floyd 2012

Your boyfriend wants no part of Martinez, believe that.
Col Reb
This would be an incredible fight! I'd give a slight edge to Martinez, which is why we'll never see it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 17 2011, 08:17 PM) *

Pac fought Margarito at a CW of 150 pounds. I also think he found that that was a bridge too far as to what his body could handle and has wisely gone back to 147. It was an experiment that succeeded in as much as he won the fight but I don't think it is an experience he is keen to repeat.

I guess Mayweather could go up to 154 as he has fought there once before but in all seriousness Martinez is too big for him and Floyd's '0' would go and we both know he protects that like a good Christian girls protects her virginity until her wedding night.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 17 2011, 08:39 PM) *
Your boyfriend wants no part of Martinez, believe that.

hahah..@ boyfriend...Mayweather is scared of no one. and he said once Martinez gets bigger and become much more money to invest in Mayweather would fight him. Unlike your husband Pacman who comes up with excuses like he's too big and all. what happen to the man thats suppose to beat bigger men?? smh. Mayweather would beat Martinez because he's slick, will be the faster the one, and is smarter plus his defense. Know boxing before you make assumptions based on public opinion kid
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 06:21 AM) *
hahah..@ boyfriend...Mayweather is scared of no one. and he said once Martinez gets bigger and become much more money to invest in Mayweather would fight him. Unlike your husband Pacman who comes up with excuses like he's too big and all. what happen to the man thats suppose to beat bigger men?? smh. Mayweather would beat Martinez because he's slick, will be the faster the one, and is smarter plus his defense. Know boxing before you make assumptions based on public opinion kid

You should get your copy bro...6 giant posters to stroke it to and even a chance to win a pair of his manties yo!!!!!
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 17 2011, 09:10 PM) *
Pac fought Margarito at a CW of 150 pounds. I also think he found that that was a bridge too far as to what his body could handle and has wisely gone back to 147. It was an experiment that succeeded in as much as he won the fight but I don't think it is an experience he is keen to repeat.

I guess Mayweather could go up to 154 as he has fought there once before but in all seriousness Martinez is too big for him and Floyd's '0' would go and we both know he protects that like a good Christian girls protects her virginity until her wedding night.

Obviously you know nothing. Pac didnt even go even close to 154 for a 154 pd belt. thats pure fuckery right there. Even Sulaiman a boxing belt president said Pac's achievements isn't legit enough. Yeah they said Dela Hoya was too big for him, Corrales was too big for him, Mosley was too strong for him, Judah too fast for him, etc. but what happened?? just cause Martinez is the bigger,stronger man means nothing and Mayweather proved that more than once. Floyd has speed, reflex, defense, technical plus ring generalship for his advantage. Martinez has reach, size, power, quickness, plus good gameplans.Mayweather would win but only real boxing fans know that.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (caneman @ May 18 2011, 07:26 AM) *
You should get your copy bro...6 giant posters to stroke it to and even a chance to win a pair of his manties yo!!!!!

wow... i wonder how you got that?? probably was on your computer background the whole time. Haters never prosper. Mayweather vs Martinez 2012

Pacman vs Julio Jr. 2012...which is the better fight?? LOL!!!!
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 06:28 AM) *
wow... i wonder how you got that?? probably was on your computer background the whole time. Haters never prosper. Mayweather vs Martinez 2012

Pacman vs Julio Jr. 2012...which is the better fight?? LOL!!!!

lmao! You have a better chance of having PBF's baby then him fighting Maravilla...I promise you, your boy don't have the balls to bring up his name!
Fitz
What difference does it make? Pacquiao wants no part of Martinez and neither does Mayweather.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 07:21 AM) *

I'll have to take your word for it because your 'boy' will never get in the ring with Martinez.
caneman
Shocking to me it's even 7 to 10...PBF is a great fighter but I think he'd get fucked up! And good point Fitz, neither guy would want that!
JD
Martinez...but I have been saying this since before he went to middle and getting flack for it for over a couple years now.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (caneman @ May 18 2011, 07:32 AM) *
lmao! You have a better chance of having PBF's baby then him fighting Maravilla...I promise you, your boy don't have the balls to bring up his name!

When asked about the fight Mayweather said quote on quote, "It's possible! It can happen! But he's not a solid name yet. Once he becomes that solid name then he could share the ring with greatness." Post Mosley Fight Interview

its on youtube btw
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 07:42 AM) *
I'll have to take your word for it because your 'boy' will never get in the ring with Martinez.

your probably one of those people that thought and believe he wouldn't fight Mosley then it became Mosley will KO him, then it became oh he's washed up or he's suppose to win.LOL!! you bitter fans will never be satisfied which is sad for you all. LIKE I SAID...MAYWEATHER VS MARTINEZ 2012
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 18 2011, 07:42 AM) *
What difference does it make? Pacquiao wants no part of Martinez and neither does Mayweather.

Mayweather "Would" fight him once his name is much more recognizes and he becomes more solid.

Pacman "Won't" fight him because Blob Arum and Roach knows that Martinez is a nightmare for the brawling Pacman and would mess up the Cash cow's stock.

thats the difference
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (caneman @ May 18 2011, 04:32 AM) *

Don't be talkin' about PBF's nutsac around Wiz the real boxing fan. He'll spit those suckers out for a moment and tell you the exact size of them.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 07:24 AM) *
Mayweather "Would" fight him once his name is much more recognizes and he becomes more solid.

Pacman "Won't" fight him because Blob Arum and Roach knows that Martinez is a nightmare for the brawling Pacman and would mess up the Cash cow's stock.

thats the difference

SMartinez is well recognized now. Will PBF fight him? Not likely. But if he did, his legacy would be enhanced immensely, even if he lost.

Don't hold your breath.
The CEO
Taking a breather on the same old shit...refer to the closed swag thread for an explanation...

Been saying it since he got screwed against Cintron....Martinez is the only guy capable of beating Mayweather from 154 down...I personally lean towards Mayweather in that matchup....
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 10:40 AM) *
SMartinez is well recognized now. Will PBF fight him? Not likely. But if he did, his legacy would be enhanced immensely, even if he lost.

Don't hold your breath.

No. I disagree he's not recognized as big as him or Pac he's getting there yeah but not yet. Which is why i said Mayweather vs Martinez 2012 because by then either in the middle or late next year he will be much bigger and will be able to draw bigger buzz and crowds to his fights. And i'm sure you were one of those people that stupidly claim his legacy would be greater if he'd faced Mosley after he destroyed Marg sadly as always the case ya'll haters shit on PBF's achievements once he does what ya want. The man is clearly in a no win situation even though he's undefeated
Harvey
This would be a nice one I like both fighters and what they give to the sport I hear paul williams is suppose to be dropping down weight to fight pac man I don't know how true it is but that would be a nice fight he's a brawler to but I bet he is a little more careful after the being knocked out by martinez but other wise martinez and mayweather would be nice.
AussieLad
Its a good fight that will never happen
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 09:19 AM) *
When asked about the fight Mayweather said quote on quote, "It's possible! It can happen! But he's not a solid name yet. Once he becomes that solid name then he could share the ring with greatness." Post Mosley Fight Interview

its on youtube btw

QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 09:54 AM) *
No. I disagree he's not recognized as big as him or Pac he's getting there yeah but not yet. Which is why i said Mayweather vs Martinez 2012 because by then either in the middle or late next year he will be much bigger and will be able to draw bigger buzz and crowds to his fights. And i'm sure you were one of those people that stupidly claim his legacy would be greater if he'd faced Mosley after he destroyed Marg sadly as always the case ya'll haters shit on PBF's achievements once he does what ya want. The man is clearly in a no win situation even though he's undefeated

Well PBF is such a huge and strong draw, it shouldn't matter who he fights....but the real point is that he is not fighting anyone and sure would never fight Maravilla! His name ain't Floyd's dick so keep it outta your mouth bruh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caneman
dp-----
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Neither Floyd or Pacquiao are getting in the ring with Sergio Martinez, so that truly should be end of discussion. Pacquiao will make Martinez suck his ass all the way down to 149 or something when Martinez is middleweight champion. Mayweather just won't fight him because he's too much of a risk for way too little reward. The casual fan does not know Sergio Martinez, and it's a tougher fight to build up to get 1.5-2 million PPV buys. On top of that, he's a slick southpaw who has great hand speed. Neither Pacquiao or Mayweather want any part of that. If either one of those guys lose to Sergrio Martinez a lot of paydays go away for both of them. They both can fight less riskier fights (Shane Mosley) and get the same amount of money and PPV buys than fighting a slick southpaw like Martinez. Thankfully, most of the posters around here understand this.

Mayweather is a great fighter, but he's not fighting right now. When was the last time he was in the ring? Pretty soon we can put him on the front of those milk cartons. Mayweather will go down as a great fighter because he was jr. lightweight, lightweight, junior welterweight, welterweight, and a jr. middleweight titlist/champion. He's beaten some solid fighters, and has the best skills in the sport. However, this is a now sport. All of these accomplishments I've listed happened four years ago. He was a great champ from 98-07, but this is 2011. He's had two fights in four years, and at the pace he's going, it will be two fights in five years. It's starting to get to the point that we're going to be discussing the great myth of what could have been of Mayweather Jr. Until he fights again, he's not even relevant to me.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 18 2011, 09:46 AM) *
Taking a breather on the same old shit...refer to the closed swag thread for an explanation...

Been saying it since he got screwed against Cintron....Martinez is the only guy capable of beating Mayweather from 154 down...I personally lean towards Mayweather in that matchup....

I would tend to agree....

Though I still think martinez is too big...even IF he could make weight...
The CEO
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ May 18 2011, 07:17 PM) *
I would tend to agree....

Though I still think martinez is too big...even IF he could make weight...

Sergio has said he'd have no problem making 54 again...as evidenced by his weigh ins, he's really on the small side of Middle....he's probably a perfect 157 pounder...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 18 2011, 05:40 PM) *
Neither Floyd or Pacquiao are getting in the ring with Sergio Martinez, so that truly should be end of discussion. Pacquiao will make Martinez suck his ass all the way down to 149 or something when Martinez is middleweight champion. Mayweather just won't fight him because he's too much of a risk for way too little reward. The casual fan does not know Sergio Martinez, ....

.......Until he fights again, he's not even relevant to me.

It may not be much of a reward with the casual fan, but if Floyed were to win in any fasion against Martinez it would absolutely make a huge statement to the boxing world...

I do believe he will fight soon.. I hope so.. but until then, I agree, no need to get our hopes up..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ok, this is going to sound very cynical, but who is the boxing world? Fighters like Floyd and Pacquiao care more about publicity on ESPN and their bank accounts than the opinion of the hardcore boxing fan. You're 100% correct in saying that to the boxing world, a win over Martinez would be incredible. It would enhance his legacy even further, but the casual fan is who makes PPV events bigger. Both fighters will continue to fight lesser boxers than Martinez, and make the same amount of money doing it. Martinez is not going to bring a huge payday for either one of these guys. Oh, and Martinez will want to be paid very well too. He's getting older, and he'll be looking to cash out. It's too tough a fight to make, as we've already seen with Pacquiao making Marquez come up to 144 (where he won't be the same) to fight him. Mayweather will also look for a low risk fight. We'll all continue talking about both of them, and how each will match up for a fight that will never happen. Fanatics of both fighters will claim they're fighter is the greatest of all time, and we'll go in one huge circle. Yes, this is cynical, but it's the most likey option unfortunately.
BigDigga
mayweather/martinez is a fight i'd love to see and it would be competitive throughout methinks

put pac in with martinez and he gets puts to sleep late
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 18 2011, 06:57 PM) *
Ok, this is going to sound very cynical, but who is the boxing world? Fighters like Floyd and Pacquiao care more about publicity on ESPN and their bank accounts than the opinion of the hardcore boxing fan. You're 100% correct in saying that to the boxing world, a win over Martinez would be incredible. It would enhance his legacy even further, but the casual fan is who makes PPV events bigger. Both fighters will continue to fight lesser boxers than Martinez, and make the same amount of money doing it. Martinez is not going to bring a huge payday for either one of these guys. Oh, and Martinez will want to be paid very well too. He's getting older, and he'll be looking to cash out. It's too tough a fight to make, as we've already seen with Pacquiao making Marquez come up to 144 (where he won't be the same) to fight him. Mayweather will also look for a low risk fight. We'll all continue talking about both of them, and how each will match up for a fight that will never happen. Fanatics of both fighters will claim they're fighter is the greatest of all time, and we'll go in one huge circle. Yes, this is cynical, but it's the most likey option unfortunately.

Points well taken and yes with all likeliness we will never see that fight....

So who would be low risk and high reward right now? Ortiz? ... geze if you think the general public doesn't know who Martinez is then there is no way they would know Ortiz..... Cotto would sell and to a degree would be competitive for a while..... problem is again Arum... if Floyed does any business with him it wouldn't be for Cotto....

So who do you see as a perfect candidate for Mayweather? Because the way I see it... EVERYONE is too low a risk and not enough reward.....

QUOTE (BigDigga @ May 18 2011, 06:59 PM) *
mayweather/martinez is a fight i'd love to see and it would be competitive throughout methinks

put pac in with martinez and he gets puts to sleep late

Pac would lose this fight.... it would be entertaining, but I feel Martinez is again too big,... he can matcch in speed and is very elusive...

It wouldn't be Martinez that goes to sleep I think.
JD
Whether it's Floyd or Pac, Martinez has an ass whooping waiting for them.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 07:54 AM) *

Hey Wiz, if you can take a break from being TeaBagged by PBF, I'll clear a few things up for you -

#1. I never said that SMartinez was as big a draw as Pac or PBF (though I do think he would punish both into submission at 154). I said that Sergio has become recognized. He is relatively popular and it would be a huge event. If it happened in 2012 that would work for me.

#2. Although the odds were soundly against him, I was hoping for an upset by SSM. I didn't really claim anything about legacy, however I did say that whoever won the fight would takeover number 1 on my P4P list. PBF took that spot and held it until SMartinez did in Dzinziruk. PBF would still hold it if he was an active fighter.

#3. The fact that you would actually post that PBF "is clearly in a no win situation even though he is undefeated" demonstrates your pathetic ignorance of PBF's reality.

Resume your position.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Boxingstill#1, you're correct, there really isn't much out there that is low risk-high reward. Berto could have been that dude, but as we saw, Ortiz beat him. I think the general public would buy a Mayweather fight regardless of the opponent, which was my point. That was probably lost in my cynical rambling though lol. Same goes for Pac too. People would buy his fights and Mayweather's fights because the networks are giving them a push with publicity and ESPN always talks about them too.

I actually think he would do business with Arum again. Money talks, and if there was enough money on the table to fight Cotto he would jump on it. Honestly, I see the ideal opponent being Paul Spadafora. Spaddy's undefeated, which always sounds good to the general public. Spaddy allegedly got the better of Mayweather back in the day too, so they can play that up too. On top of that, he's a southpaw. After he dominates Spaddy, he can yell in the post fight interview how he dominates southpaws and that he's ready to knock Pac out. The fight was rumored as well, so maybe it will happen down the road. I'm not saying it's a good fight either, but I feel it would do decent on PPV and the networks would yap about it too.

This is definitely a promoter's way of thinking, and not ideal to the fan. As a fan, I'd love to see Martinez get a shot against these guys. It'd be a great fight for boxing, but like everybody seems to be saying it won't happen.

BTW, good to see the boards a bit more active with discussion. Hopefully, this can stick and it can evolve to solid debates about other fighters.
kidbazooka1
Martinez beats both Manny and Mayweather IMO he'll have a tougher time with Floyd but i feel if given the oppurtunity Martinez can beat both and show everyone thats he's the real p4p king.
caneman
QUOTE (JD @ May 18 2011, 08:18 PM) *
Whether it's Floyd or Pac, Martinez has an ass whooping waiting for them.

This, I actually think he would stop them both!
The CEO
What I really like about Martinez is his Professionalism and Self-Confidence...he gives the impression he doesn't care who's across the ring from him, and that he is only competing with himself...KDs or setbacks in-fight don't faze him at all...

Those are sure fire signs of a Top P4P fighter...
BigDigga
QUOTE (caneman @ May 18 2011, 07:26 AM) *

man that shit's just disturbing
FinitoElDinamita
Martinez is great, dont get me wrong, but, he has some crucial habits such as fighting with his hands very low and getting cute between rounds. That may work on face first guys like Williams but he'd eat plenty of counters if he does that with Floyd. He'd be a sitting duck for Floyd's counter right hands..

FLoyd outboxes him to a UD.
BigDigga
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 04:43 PM) *
Martinez is great, dont get me wrong, but, he has some crucial habits such as fighting with his hands very low and getting cute between rounds. That may work on face first guys like Williams but he'd eat plenty of counters if he does that with Floyd. He'd be a sitting duck for Floyd's counter right hands..

FLoyd outboxes him to a UD.
you're right

it's part of the reason why i think floyd beats him by a few rounds and pac doesn't get obliterated by him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.