Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd & Ben, where'S my FREE SWAG?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
photomane
Post if you feel you deserve A FREE *TEAM MAYWEATHER* TEE!
gravytrain
free? they're going for $25.95 right now. just send Hype $50 flat and he'll give you your change autographed by Mayweather himself.
woooooo
It was pretty funny seeing Dan Fatso Rafael take a shot at Bens interview by reweeting

"Floyd Mayweather Jr. needs a lesson on the difference between legitimate news reporting and unsourced Internet nonsense"

What up ben!
thehype
LOL

laugh.gif

It's on hold for now until we figure out how to handle all the details. Free sounds great until you realize someone has to pay for shipping. LOL. Trust me, we'll keep you posted with more details soon.
thehype
QUOTE (woooooo @ May 17 2011, 10:19 PM) *
It was pretty funny seeing Dan Fatso Rafael take a shot at Bens interview by reweeting

"Floyd Mayweather Jr. needs a lesson on the difference between legitimate news reporting and unsourced Internet nonsense"

What up ben!

What's even funnier is that I don't think Rafael was referring to me, but instead was referring to the story about Pacquiao's ex-sparring partner injecting him. LOL.
woooooo
QUOTE (thehype @ May 17 2011, 10:21 PM) *
What's even funnier is that I don't think Rafael was referring to me, but instead was referring to the story about Pacquiao's ex-sparring partner injecting him. LOL.

For some reason, I think he didn't take too kindly to you saying that Rafael wouldn't be a good matchmaker for HBO.

Could just be me though.

That interview got people maddddddddd, but I must say, I was on the other side of the argument for Mayweather/Pacquiao but after hearing Lloyd Mayweathers side, I kinda agree with most of his arguments.
Romulus9
QUOTE (woooooo @ May 17 2011, 10:19 PM) *

Dan needs to learn how to say "no, thanks, I'm full" before he tries communicating anything else.

Although, things are definitely looking up for Dan. Not only is there a chance he may be the new matchmaker at HBO (could he do worse than Williams-Ichida? LOL), he's also coming out with a new signature cologne this summer. It's called Obese. SPOILER: It smells like mayo.
photomane
QUOTE (thehype @ May 17 2011, 09:20 PM) *
LOL

laugh.gif

It's on hold for now until we figure out how to handle all the details. Free sounds great until you realize someone has to pay for shipping. LOL. Trust me, we'll keep you posted with more details soon.

I thought Floyd said in the video he was paying for shipping. He made $23 mill last month. S&H on 50-100 is pennies!
thehype
QUOTE (photomane @ May 17 2011, 10:59 PM) *
I thought Floyd said in the video he was paying for shipping. He made $23 mill last month. S&H on 50-100 is pennies!

LOL

Yeah, shipping to get them to me.

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 17 2011, 10:56 PM) *
Dan needs to learn how to say "no, thanks, I'm full" before he tries communicating anything else.

Although, things are definitely looking up for Dan. Not only is there a chance he may be the new matchmaker at HBO (could he do worse than Williams-Ichida? LOL), he's also coming out with a new signature cologne this summer. It's called Obese. SPOILER: It smells like mayo.

Classic! laugh.gif I was almost in tears.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 17 2011, 09:56 PM) *

+2!!!! LMFAO!!!! Classic shit!!!!!!

Jack
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (thehype @ May 17 2011, 09:20 PM) *
LOL

laugh.gif

I think the premise should be, you have to pay for your own shipping AND be a Fighthype member and May fan BEFORE the video was posted...Lmao.

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 18 2011, 06:27 AM) *
I think the premise should be, you have to pay for your own shipping AND be a Fighthype member and May fan BEFORE the video was posted...Lmao.

How do you provide proof of being a fan before the vid tho? Do you have to provide evidence of a lack of logic and reason as well as a complete lack of respect for other fighters and provide several piss poor excuses of why Floyd hasnt fought several fights the fans want to see?
JJABBAL
Its been a pretty cool series, I think Mayweather is pound for pound the best boxer without a doubt. He prob needs a warm up fight seeing as he hasnt been in the ring is a while, having said that Pacman only wants to fight boxers once Mayweather has beaten them. Team Mayweather.[font="Arial"][/font]
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JJABBAL @ May 18 2011, 04:54 AM) *
Its been a pretty cool series, I think Mayweather is pound for pound the best boxer without a doubt. He prob needs a warm up fight seeing as he hasnt been in the ring is a while, having said that Pacman only wants to fight boxers once Mayweather has beaten them. Team Mayweather.[font="Arial"][/font]

Yeah like who?

Hatton and Mosley. And who else?

Floyd fought Manny's leftover in Marquez and as far as I know Floyd has never fought Clottey, Cotto, Barerra, Morales or Margarito. Trying singing a different tune coz your current one sucks.
BoxingWizard23
Wow. I would love a Mayweather Boxing Club shirt. But thats not my prerogative I'm here to talk Boxing. I've noticed ever since Dan started posting articles and comments he has been very biased. The man has never been to a gym, in the ring, put on boxing gloves. heck he probably never shed a calorie higher than 20. The guy is a commentator just like the guys on HBO(I only respect Lampley and Steward). Most never been in the ring but commentate as if they have been in it. I would love to see Hopkins become a commentator he's really intelligent and is ring savy. He will know what he's talking about and he wont be biased.Floyd would be the cream of the crop as a commentator. Many once to know what goes on in his head in the ring what better way to find out as he commentates on a fight with high boxing IQ. Dan should've been got the boot from ESPN he only supports trends and is a fat oaf.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 02:41 AM) *
Yeah like who?

Floyd fought Manny's leftover in Marquez and as far as I know Floyd has never fought Clottey, Cotto, Barerra, Morales or Margarito. Trying singing a different tune coz your current one sucks.

I hope you're just testing the newbie, Ollie.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 05:41 AM) *
Yeah like who?

You obviously dont do your homework. Mayweather when he was with Top Rank wanted Cotto when Cotto was undefeated and in his prime. This was around when Floyd was wiping out the 130,135 and 140 pd division and put on a master clinic on a high streak winning division champ on Arturo Gatti(R.I.P). Cotto was there at the fight when it happened he never came out and said he wanted Floyd or stepped to Floyd. Floyd came to Arum for the fight but Bob didn't want to lose money investment in Cotto cause he knew Floyd would beat him, meaning less money or aka (Cash cow). Bob denied Floyd alot of Fights but the only fight he tried to give Floyd was Margarito. This was around the time when Margarito was KO'ing people like never before(the guy honestly doesn't have KO power) and probably was using the Plaster of Paris. It is believed that Arum was gonna dump Floyd for Cotto. Knowing probably Margarito was cheating would probably beat Floyd with them Plaster gloves. Floyd would have handled Morales and Barerra with ease. In the 130 weights he was a monster at the peak of his powers. Thats his real natural weight. He had more power in those weights than he does now. Do your homework Pac been fighting opponents that come with huge advantages for Pacman. Roach is a great matchmaker but a shit Coach
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 07:23 AM) *
I hope you're just testing the newbie, Ollie.

Well he didn't pick up on the fact that I left out Fishnets laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 05:17 AM) *
Wow. I would love a Mayweather Boxing Club shirt. But thats not my prerogative I'm here to talk Boxing. I've noticed ever since Dan started posting articles and comments he has been very biased. The man has never been to a gym, in the ring, put on boxing gloves. heck he probably never shed a calorie higher than 20. The guy is a commentator just like the guys on HBO(I only respect Lampley and Steward). Most never been in the ring but commentate as if they have been in it. I would love to see Hopkins become a commentator he's really intelligent and is ring savy. He will know what he's talking about and he wont be biased.Floyd would be the cream of the crop as a commentator. Many once to know what goes on in his head in the ring what better way to find out as he commentates on a fight with high boxing IQ. Dan should've been got the boot from ESPN he only supports trends and is a fat oaf.

Chalkboard . . . fingernails . . . BET . . . broken TVs . . .
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 05:31 AM) *
Well he didn't pick up on the fact that I left out Fishnets laugh.gif

He didn't know the 1st two . . . he was just regurgitating the hairball.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 07:28 AM) *
You obviously dont do your homework. Mayweather when he was with Top Rank wanted Cotto when Cotto was undefeated and in his prime. This was around when Floyd was wiping out the 130,135 and 140 pd division and put on a master clinic on a high streak winning division champ on Arturo Gatti(R.I.P). Cotto was there at the fight when it happened he never came out and said he wanted Floyd or stepped to Floyd. Floyd came to Arum for the fight but Bob didn't want to lose money investment in Cotto cause he knew Floyd would beat him, meaning less money or aka (Cash cow). Bob denied Floyd alot of Fights but the only fight he tried to give Floyd was Margarito. This was around the time when Margarito was KO'ing people like never before(the guy honestly doesn't have KO power) and probably was using the Plaster of Paris. It is believed that Arum was gonna dump Floyd for Cotto. Knowing probably Margarito was cheating would probably beat Floyd with them Plaster gloves. Floyd would have handled Morales and Barerra with ease. In the 130 weights he was a monster at the peak of his powers. Thats his real natural weight. He had more power in those weights than he does now. Do your homework Pac been fighting opponents that come with huge advantages for Pacman. Roach is a great matchmaker but a shit Coach

Man you really are a flat out Floyd cumguzzler aren't you? You are just like Floyd telling me what he would've done if they had fought.

Look dickbrain Floyd never fought Cotto nor Margarito so despite you being able to give me the blow-by-blow accounts that exist in the fantasy league that resides in your brain you have to realize that as Floyd never fought them it is impossible for them to be Manny's leftovers.

As for your homework of Manny's advantages how about these:

Floyd bringing up JMM to a weight he had never been close to before and then Floyd not even trying to mke the CW limit.

Floyd bringing Hatton back to a weight division that he already clearly had no business being in.

Floyd fighting Judah when Judah was coming off a loss and promotor problems.

Floyd fighting Corrales when he knew Corrales was off to prision straight after the fight.

And sorry despite his enormous heart Gatti was a club level or B+ type fighter. Nothing great to have on your resume.

Are these not all advantages? Sure Manny uses them too but don't act like Mr 'Tiger Beat' himself doesn't let the opportunity to cherry pick opponents pass him by.

Mate the problem with Floyd and Floyd fans is it's always, "coulda, woulda, shoulda."
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 08:34 AM) *
Chalkboard . . . fingernails . . . BET . . . broken TVs . . .

I'm really glad that your more amused of screeching noises next will be TV storm warnings, static on tv's and skipping rocks.Man your amusements and hobbies sure do sound like fun.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 05:28 AM) *

Now we are getting somewhere . . . so how exactly does cotto qualify as PBF leftovers . . . or are you saying that everybody PBF could have beat if he had actually fought them qualify as his leftovers.

It is well known around here that Dusty the Organ Grinder (Arum) is not a favorite of mine, but "knowing probably Margarito was cheating?" That is Seal Team 6 shit right there.

So, in conclusion, PBF "would have handled" everyone he never fought (sans plaster), therefore everyone he never fought are his leftovers . . . that's genius shit right there.

BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 08:42 AM) *
Man you really are a flat out Floyd cumguzzler aren't you? You are just like Floyd telling me what he would've done if they had fought.

Look dickbrain Floyd never fought Cotto nor Margarito so despite you being able to give me the blow-by-blow accounts that exist in the fantasy league that resides in your brain you have to realize that as Floyd never fought them it is impossible for them to be Manny's leftovers.

As for your homework of Manny's advantages how about these:

Floyd bringing up JMM to a weight he had never been close to before and then Floyd not even trying to mke the CW limit.

Floyd bringing Hatton back to a weight division that he already clearly had no business being in.

Floyd fighting Judah when Judah was coming off a loss and promotor problems.

Floyd fighting Corrales when he knew Corrales was off to prision straight after the fight.

And sorry despite his enormous heart Gatti was a club level or B+ type fighter. Nothing great to have on your resume.

Are these not all advantages? Sure Manny uses them too but don't act like Mr 'Tiger Beat' himself doesn't let the opportunity to cherry pick opponents pass him by.

Mate the problem with Floyd and Floyd fans is it's always, "coulda, woulda, shoulda."

Wow it sounds like I hurt your bladder cause you sound a tad bit pissed off lol. Look I'm a boxing fan first then a Mayweather fan second. I respect his skills and I'm definitely not saying everything he does is noteworthy or plausible. But the man has took on tough opposition alot and most people who aren't real boxing fans dont give the man the credit. Corrales didn't even go straight to prison after that fight. Hatton wanted to go up in weight to fight Floyd and get the belt, same as Marques(I dont approve him being over the weight limit in the fight but he payed for it literally). That Judah point is plausible I give you that and Gatti was coming off of wins that were Knockouts.
Mate the problem with you casual boxing fans is this, "Ya complain too much, ya follow only the trends, ya get blinded by the lies easily, and dont understand the science of boxing" Good Day
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 08:52 AM) *
Now we are getting somewhere . . . so how exactly does cotto qualify as PBF leftovers . . . or are you saying that everybody PBF could have beat if he had actually fought them qualify as his leftovers.

It is well known around here that Dusty the Organ Grinder (Arum) is not a favorite of mine, but "knowing probably Margarito was cheating?" That is Seal Team 6 shit right there.

So, in conclusion, PBF "would have handled" everyone he never fought (sans plaster), therefore everyone he never fought are his leftovers . . . that's genius shit right there.

It's quite something isn't it when you are so good that by beatings guys "probably if they had actually fought" is now good enough to get the win recognised in Boxrec and qualify as another guy fighting your leftovers. That's some Jedi mind shit right there laugh.gif

Hey I don't know why Buster Douglas even turned up that night in Tokyo we already knew what the result would be............whoops!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 05:43 AM) *
I'm really glad that your more amused of screeching noises next will be TV storm warnings, static on tv's and skipping rocks.Man your amusements and hobbies sure do sound like fun.

I'm reeeeally not interested in what is going on in the head attached to those nuts you're gargling dude. BHop would be fun until he got banned by the PC Nazis.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 08:52 AM) *

Why I'm quite amused at your sarcasm it almost tickles my Hater sense. I never said anything about a leftover. Floyd fought Pac's leftover which was JMM. While Pac has fought Floyds leftovers more than once (Hatton, Hoya, and Mosley) I'm confident Mayweather would beat Cotto, Clottey and Marg (without the plasters) all come forward and have no good movement with a little bit exception with Cotto but his footwork still sucks. Again read my statement. I never said Cotto was a qualified PBF leftover. I'm stating facts. May wanted Cotto when he was in his prime and undefeated. Would you want to fight a guy who's possibly cheating and using an illegal advantage against you? Be smart this isn't the Rocky Movies. And Arum still has Marg in his stable even after all of that so what makes you think even though Marg is doing that and if he knew wouldn't still let him fight?? The guy is giving Blob Arum more money with the wins Legal or not.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 05:57 AM) *
It's quite something isn't it when you are so good that by beatings guys "probably if they had actually fought" is now good enough to get the win recognised in Boxrec and qualify as another guy fighting your leftovers. That's some Jedi mind shit right there laugh.gif

Hey I don't know why Buster Douglas even turned up that night in Tokyo we already knew what the result would be............whoops!

Lepieux could have retired undefeated (mexi and Sentral want that last one back - its not fair . . . PBF can [not] do it).

Pute can retire as the GOAT Super Middle right now.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 08:53 AM) *
Wow it sounds like I hurt your bladder cause you sound a tad bit pissed off lol. Look I'm a boxing fan first then a Mayweather fan second. I respect his skills and I'm definitely not saying everything he does is noteworthy or plausible. But the man has took on tough opposition alot and most people who aren't real boxing fans dont give the man the credit. Corrales didn't even go straight to prison after that fight. Hatton wanted to go up in weight to fight Floyd and get the belt, same as Marques(I dont approve him being over the weight limit in the fight but he payed for it literally). That Judah point is plausible I give you that and Gatti was coming off of wins that were Knockouts.
Mate the problem with you casual boxing fans is this, "Ya complain too much, ya follow only the trends, ya get blinded by the lies easily, and dont understand the science of boxing" Good Day

The only reason my bladder is hurting is coz I'm pissing myself laughing at your twisted logic.

Yeah of course as a 'casual boxing fan' I'd make over 2 and a half thousand posts on this site.

But yes you're right Floyd's fought some beasts. Though like Manny the majority of his greatest work has been done south of 140 pounds. However Corley, Bruseles, Gatti, Mitchell and Baldomir is an absolute murder's list.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 08:59 AM) *
I'm reeeeally not interested in what is going on in the head attached to those nuts you're gargling dude. BHop would be fun until he got banned by the PC Nazis.

Man your homosexual innuendos towards me might let people think your speaking to one of your in the closet play pals. In light of that I exit stage right cause somethings definitely not right with you typing that and even thinking about typing that. *ghost*
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 09:02 AM) *
Why I'm quite amused at your sarcasm it almost tickles my Hater sense. I never said anything about a leftover. Floyd fought Pac's leftover which was JMM. While Pac has fought Floyds leftovers more than once (Hatton, Hoya, and Mosley) I'm confident Mayweather would beat Cotto, Clottey and Marg (without the plasters) all come forward and have no good movement with a little bit exception with Cotto but his footwork still sucks. Again read my statement. I never said Cotto was a qualified PBF leftover. I'm stating facts. May wanted Cotto when he was in his prime and undefeated. Would you want to fight a guy who's possibly cheating and using an illegal advantage against you? Be smart this isn't the Rocky Movies. And Arum still has Marg in his stable even after all of that so what makes you think even though Marg is doing that and if he knew wouldn't still let him fight?? The guy is giving Blob Arum more money with the wins Legal or not.

The difference between Floyd and Manny is rather than beat those guys (probably, in his mind) he actually did what a fighter is supposed to do which is fucken fight and prove it in the ring. But wait I forgot Floyd was on one of his 'retirements' again so that's what probably prevented it.

Mayweather wanted Cotto when Cotto was NOWHERE near ready for him. For what it's worth I think he beats Cotto 10 times out of 10 but at the time that he was looking at Cotto the kid had just started really, needed a few more seasoned fights like the Judah and Mosley fights, and wasn't ready to face a master defensive whiz like Floyd.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 09:07 AM) *
Man your homosexual innuendos towards me might let people think your speaking to one of your in the closet play pals. In light of that I exit stage right cause somethings definitely not right with you typing that and even thinking about typing that. *ghost*

Sounds like a good move Floyd would endorse. Move away from potential confrontation (but put it down as a definite win in your head.)
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 06:02 AM) *

Don't be trying to put me in the position of defending Dusty the Organ Grinder before he dissolves and blows away before our eyes.

Look, PBF can spend the rest of his life showing off his bengal PJs for all I care. He (allegedly) has all the money he needs so why should he bother to give someone the opportunity to relieve him of brain cells? Seems perfectly logical to me.

But I have no interest in what he would have done or what he could have done. Take your fuckin' money and surround yourself with sac suckers but your record is your record in boxing. 41-0. That's good shit, but it aint GOAT shit.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 09:05 AM) *
The only reason my bladder is hurting is coz I'm pissing myself laughing at your twisted logic.

Yeah of course as a 'casual boxing fan' I'd make over 2 and a half thousand posts on this site.

But yes you're right Floyd's fought some beasts. Though like Manny the majority of his greatest work has been done south of 140 pounds. However Corley, Bruseles, Gatti, Mitchell and Baldomir is an absolute murder's list.

Hope the Huggies commercial didnt lie to you. Boxing is a business just as much as a sport. These guys don't wanna fight people who wont bring them great benefits when they have families and mouths to feed. Floyd to me been proved himself long ago. Manny's greatest wins was against Marquez and even those are debatable to this day. Floyd is focused on money he have his entire life to the sport, more than a decade. He's rightfully earned his stripes, worked hard and can do what he wants. Manny has a great matchmaker behind him in Freddie Roach. Manny never stepped up to fight Hasim after Morales was outboxed by him,instead he fought a washed up Morales and still lost. Manny's achievements will never squander Floyd's thats a fact. My logic is twisted so even the craziest and nut headed fans like you will understand but you obviously proved my hypothesis wrong. Manny is basically a Clone Modern Floyd but worse, fights fighters who are coming off of losses, bad looks, struggle with a certain, catch weights, ducks young/prime fighters (Ortiz or Berto anyone?) while the Modern Floyd, fights for cash, fights once a year(he is older now tho), only looks at the main attractions in boxers, uses alot of mind games, plays a villain to sell tickets(understandable) to produce more money.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 06:07 AM) *

Run along now . . . Listerine might do the trick . . . but those pubes betwixt your choppers look a bit kinky.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 09:15 AM) *
Don't be trying to put me in the position of defending Dusty the Organ Grinder before he dissolves and blows away before our eyes.

Look, PBF can spend the rest of his life showing off his bengal PJs for all I care. He (allegedly) has all the money he needs so why should he bother to give someone the opportunity to relieve him of brain cells? Seems perfectly logical to me.

But I have no interest in what he would have done or what he could have done. Take your fuckin' money and surround yourself with sac suckers but your record is your record in boxing. 41-0. That's good shit, but it aint GOAT shit.

we always give boxers the credit they deserve when they retire and are long gone from the sport. Floyd will prove this when he's gone many people will start to appreciate what he did for boxing. He is of course apart of the bad but thats life. There's always gonna be cons and pros in almost anything. Floyd's skill level is GOAT his record may not be but on paper it's legit enough for the Hall of Fame. Remember this when he was cleaning out the lower weight divisions he called out all the GREAT fighters/boxers and none wanted a piece of him. check the youtube. he called them out. None returned his calls, the man at one point was feared but when he became this big star everyone wanted a piece of him including Pacman. Why? Cause he brings the most money and gives his opponents career high pay days. Even for Pacman Floyd would be his career high pay day. It's always been about money, sadly so.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 09:20 AM) *
Run along now . . . Listerine might do the trick . . . but those pubes betwixt your choppers look a bit kinky.

I REPEAT TO ANYONE ON FH. I AM NOT HIS IN THE CLOSET PLAY PAL. JUST A REAL BOXING FAN. *ghost*
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 06:18 AM) *
Hope the Huggies commercial didnt lie to you. Boxing is a business just as much as a sport. These guys don't wanna fight people who wont bring them great benefits when they have families and mouths to feed. Floyd to me been proved himself long ago. Manny's greatest wins was against Marquez and even those are debatable to this day. Floyd is focused on money he have his entire life to the sport, more than a decade. He's rightfully earned his stripes, worked hard and can do what he wants. Manny has a great matchmaker behind him in Freddie Roach. Manny never stepped up to fight Hasim after Morales was outboxed by him,instead he fought a washed up Morales and still lost. Manny's achievements will never squander Floyd's thats a fact. My logic is twisted so even the craziest and nut headed fans like you will understand but you obviously proved my hypothesis wrong. Manny is basically a Clone Modern Floyd but worse, fights fighters who are coming off of losses, bad looks, struggle with a certain, catch weights, ducks young/prime fighters (Ortiz or Berto anyone?) while the Modern Floyd, fights for cash, fights once a year(he is older now tho), only looks at the main attractions in boxers, uses alot of mind games, plays a villain to sell tickets(understandable) to produce more money.

I agree with much of what you say here, Wiz. Why should PBF fight? According to what I have read in these threads he claims to have made $23 million last month. Makes sense not to put yourself in a position to lose your health.

But PBF will always be remembered for failing to realize his boxing potential. Don't mean shit to me. Marciano could have kept fighting til he got his ass beat (probably by Liston). Ali should have retired after Foreman.

PBF has the most talent of any boxer in this generation. Does not mean he is the greatest fighter. You have to fight in order to earn that mantel. But, more power to him for earning the cash, controlling his career and preserving his health. That is success, but it aint GOAT material.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 09:18 AM) *

Try introducing yourself to a paragraph, trust me if feels better.

Mate I could dissect this post to pieces but what would be the point? You think Marquez was a good win but totally ignore his first win over Barerra and his win in the 2nd Morales fight? The same Morales that just gave a young strong (albeit crude) Maidana all he could handle?

He stepped up and fought those Mexican legends a total of 7 times. And no-one since with the possible exception of Floyd's fight against JMM at the CW has come close to doing what Manny has done to them.

Just for your interest when he fought Morales after Morales fought (I'm assuming you meant Zahir Raheem ) he actually won that fight.

So it's OK for your BF Floyd to take money fights now but not OK for Manny to do the same thing? I don't think fighting the far bigger Cotto or Margarito was a walk in the park for him either.

Manny's matchmaker for much of his career has been more Top Rank and Bob Arum not Freddie Roach. That's the same Top Rank and Bob Arum whom guided your boy Floyd through much of his career. I don't know what you'll make of that.

As for Manny fighting guys coming off losses what the fuck do you call Floyd fighting Judah? Ha ha, good one dude.

I could go on and on but it's clear you don't have ears.

BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 09:14 AM) *
Sounds like a good move Floyd would endorse. Move away from potential confrontation (but put it down as a definite win in your head.)

Sounds like a good choice that Pacman and Top Wank plus Blob Arum would advocate for. Spew out nonsense and bullshit to hopefully get the public on your side. (Win is a win right? even through nonsense right?)
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Floyd's skill level is GOAT

Oh dear.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 09:28 AM) *
I REPEAT TO ANYONE ON FH. I AM NOT HIS IN THE CLOSET PLAY PAL. JUST A REAL BOXING FAN. *ghost*

Capitals aye? Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 06:28 AM) *

I commend you on your public attempt to wean yourself from PBF's nutsac.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 09:37 AM) *
Sounds like a good choice that Pacman and Top Wank plus Blob Arum would advocate for. Spew out nonsense and bullshit to hopefully get the public on your side. (Win is a win right? even through nonsense right?)

Lets put it this way. I'm a fight fan, I would prefer to see guys still near their prime in the ring fighting (even if it's not the best) over a guy telling me whom he would beat if they ever fought.

I'm happier watching Manny and Mosley have a crappy fight over Floyd showing me his orange shorts especially made for a fight that hasn't happened.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 09:40 AM) *

Beardo I don't think he's really trying that hard. I suspect he likes the taste.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 09:44 AM) *
Beardo I don't think he's really trying that hard. I suspect he likes the taste.

I suspect you tasted it before since you think someone else might like it. You could be in line for the new Nuthuggin Jeans cleanse line called "Cox-i Clean" since you like to clean up the mess these dickriders leave after their done. Hey, to each his own
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 18 2011, 09:42 AM) *
Lets put it this way. I'm a fight fan, I would prefer to see guys still near their prime in the ring fighting (even if it's not the best) over a guy telling me whom he would beat if they ever fought.

I'm happier watching Manny and Mosley have a crappy fight over Floyd showing me his orange shorts especially made for a fight that hasn't happened.

I'm a real fan myself. But that Shane and Pacman fight looked good on paper but the fight itself was terrible for boxing. how can a man who's this offensive powerhouse not finish off an aging, intimidated, less confident man who used terrible footwork and shitty defense to have Pac miss over 60% of his punches. That fight was a snoozeville jusy like Floyd vs Baldomir (yeah i said it)
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ May 18 2011, 06:37 AM) *

Better than a win conjured up in that figment betwixt your ears. Leave PBF alone. He's feeling like a milk cow for omnipotent being's sake.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 18 2011, 09:40 AM) *

Nice to see the perception of being a Boxing first but also a Mayweather fan means your a die hard fan still hasn't faded like the people Pacman keeps fighting but gets praised like a GOAT. Amazing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.