Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paul Williams dropping down to weight class
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Harvey
I hear that Paul Williams is dropping down to fight pacquiao I don't know how true it is but it would be a exciting fight knowing that paul williams is a brawler but after what happend with martinez he better becarefull he don't need too many more blows to the head like that and pac man can give that but other wise it would be nice for that weight class to see another top performer jump in now if martinez was to come down witch I don't see him doing that it would really be on for the welterweight class but maybe this is all just a dream.
mexi-cutioner
No. After Paul Williams' last 2 fights he's having no part of Pacman anytime soon. Williams is fighting the lanky Japanese dude that upset Kirkland.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I heard that he was fighting Ishida as well. If he is moving down in weight again, it might not be a good thing. All that weight cycling takes a lot out of a fighter, and it can destroy fighters physically. He should stay at 154 or 160, and clean out a division. Williams gets hit easily, and we'll see how he reacts after truly getting KO'd like he did. Ishida is no walk in the park either, but I like it for his first fight back.
neophyte7
If Paul Williams stuck to a jab.. Pacquiao would be rendered helpless at the end of those longs arms LMAO... yet Pwill does not know how to use his length and he would get chopped down in 7 rounds... LMAO I swear he would get torn apart
Jack 1000
Paul The Punisher Williams has that height and reach advantage that when he uses it effectively, is hard to look good against. Williams and Pacman might be a fight down the road, and it would be interesting! But he has to get by Kirkland's conquer. Paul's chin has been exposed. Now, we will see how well he can recover from that.

Jack
gravytrain
Williams will never get a Pac fight lol
SmartyBeardo
Ishida is no laugher for PWill. The Japanese kid has got to have sky high confidence right now. If PWill comes into the ring the same fighter that I thought might be dead last November, I think Ishida is smart enough to exploit that. I like Paul. I hope they have dismantled and rebuilt his defense.

BTW, I don't think it is a good idea for PWill to drain back to welter.
King Eugene
PWill will be ok. He and his coach would have to be fools if they haven't worked on his defense since the last fight. I still think he should bring Steward just for some pointers. Dont be surprised if we see the new Wlad Klitschko of middleweight.
Fitz
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 12:23 PM) *
PWill will be ok. He and his coach would have to be fools if they haven't worked on his defense since the last fight. I still think he should bring Steward just for some pointers. Dont be surprised if we see the new Wlad Klitschko of middleweight.

I don't think Williams will change. Williams said after he got knocked out, that he will fight the same. I would love nothing more than Williams to take some pointers from Wlad, and show discipline and use height and reach, but Williams isn't that guy I think.
He is just too wild, I personally don't think he will change. Though that is what I was hoping for, fight after fighter, even before his knock out loss. We will see, but me personally? I won't hold my breath.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 18 2011, 10:47 PM) *
I don't think Williams will change. Williams said after he got knocked out, that he will fight the same. I would love nothing more than Williams to take some pointers from Wlad, and show discipline and use height and reach, but Williams isn't that guy I think.
He is just too wild, I personally don't think he will change. Though that is what I was hoping for, fight after fighter, even before his knock out loss. We will see, but me personally? I won't hold my breath.

Unfortunately you may be right. Too damn stubborn for his own good.

I hope that was just pride talking after that fight and he went back to the gym and re-evaluated that decision but we'll see.
gravytrain
good news, Williams vs Ishida just got dropped my HBO.
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 18 2011, 11:10 PM) *
good news, Williams vs Ishida just got dropped my HBO.

Why is that good? Main event its not but it would be a pretty descent undercard fight. How many boring fights have you seen Paul Williams in?
Fitz
From the sounds of it, Williams is being extremely picky and has knocked back a few fights that were on offer. I think he is looking for an easy fight, but the thing is, HBO I think are setting some standards.
I can understand why Williams is looking for a soft touch, but if he wants to fight on HBO, he needs a more legit fighter. From the sounds of it, he is looking for a complete bum, but still wants to be on HBO.
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 18 2011, 11:58 PM) *
Why is that good? Main event its not but it would be a pretty descent undercard fight. How many boring fights have you seen Paul Williams in?

i would rather see a different main event than Williams against some guy that is only barely relevant because he stopped Kirkland when Kirkland is barely relevant. why not Williams against a better opponent? shit should have never even been considered a main event.
King Eugene
I agree with you on not being a main event. I still believe he makes all of his fights interesting and should at least be on an undercard. Hell he just got KO'd cold. Of course he doesn't deserve a main event.
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 12:38 AM) *
I agree with you on not being a main event. I still believe he makes all of his fights interesting and should at least be on an undercard. Hell he just got KO'd cold. Of course he doesn't deserve a main event.

i just want better opposition. i think everyone expects a tuneup but i at least want something where i can try to see how he comes back from his loss.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 18 2011, 09:54 PM) *
i just want better opposition. i think everyone expects a tuneup but i at least want something where i can try to see how he comes back from his loss.

I think Ishida was a good choice for PWill but I don't blame HBO for canceling it as a main event. It should be on the undercard of the next SMartinez fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.