Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many of you feel that Marquez has Pac's number regardless of the weight?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
FinitoElDinamita
What's going on, gentlemen. I'm a new member year smile.gif.. Anyway, are you one of those who put alot of stock into Pacman's size advantage or are you like me, someone who feels that Marquez will always give him hell?
gravytrain
i think Pac improving as a fighter is going to change the fight a lot. i think he'll put on a good show but this is a weak main event.
FinitoElDinamita
Pac has improved, certainly, but I think it's not as dramatic as alot of fans make it out to be. He may look great against walking punching bags like Margo and other disadvantaged fighters but the last time he was in a real fight against a multi-dimesional fighter in Marquez, he looked like his true self.. a limited guy himself.

The reason why he's more offensive and wreckless against marquez is because that's the only way he can win..He can't box with the master boxer so he always ends up taking more chances which creates alot more counter punching opportunities for Marquez. Marquez has figured out his timing and he reads pac's movements.. he's always one step ahead of Pacman and he'll be no different in the trilogy.. Marquez takes that half step back knowing pac will rush in and he always finishes the exchanges with his combinations.. He knows when and where pacman is going to come at him so he has those steps down to the bones.. Marquez owns Pacman..
BigDigga
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 04:38 PM) *
What's going on, gentlemen. I'm a new member year smile.gif.. Anyway, are you one of those who put alot of stock into Pacman's size advantage or are you like me, someone who feels that Marquez will always give him hell?
pac would always have issues with jmm

if he beats him this time it will really be the first time in my eyes
gravytrain
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 04:52 PM) *
Pac has improved, certainly, but I think it's not as dramatic as alot of fans make it out to be. He may look great against walking punching bags like Margo and other disadvantaged fighters but the last time he was in a real fight against a multi-dimesional fighter in Marquez, he looked like his true self.. a limited guy himself.

The reason why he's more offensive and wreckless against marquez is because that's the only way he can win..He can't box with the master boxer so he always ends up taking more chances which creates alot more counter punching opportunities for Marquez. Marquez has figured out his timing and he reads pac's movements.. he's always one step ahead of Pacman and he'll be no different in the trilogy.. Marquez takes that half step back knowing pac will rush in and he always finishes the exchanges with his combinations.. He knows when and where pacman is going to come at him so he has those steps down to the bones.. Marquez owns Pacman..

doesn't need to be a dramatic change, Pac gave Marquez close fights when Pac didn't have the footwork couldn't work the angles and didn't really have two hands in the fight.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (BigDigga @ May 19 2011, 02:00 PM) *
pac would always have issues with jmm

if he beats him this time it will really be the first time in my eyes

For real? I have no problem with the draw in the first fight but I had Marquez winning the rematch. Wasn't a robbery but it was a bad decision imo.

And 144 is a bit shady but Marquez can work around that as well. He doesn't have to come in at 144 which is a good thing. HE needs to stay close to 135 as possible, like 138, that way he'll be able to mantain what he had as a lightweight. I just dont feel that size is an issue when putting these two guys in the ring together. Sometimes, when a fighter has the number of another fighter, weights become less of an issue.. Or it might not be a problem at all..

BigDigga
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 05:06 PM) *
For real? I have no problem with the draw in the first fight but I had Marquez winning the rematch. Wasn't a robbery but it was a bad decision imo.

And 144 is a bit shady but Marquez can work around that as well. He doesn't have to come in at 144 which is a good thing. HE needs to stay close to 135 as possible, like 138, that way he'll be able to mantain what he had as a lightweight. I just dont feel that size is an issue when putting these two guys in the ring together. Sometimes, when a fighter has the number of another fighter, weights become less of an issue.. Or it might not be a problem at all..
tbh, i don't gripe about the decision but i felt jmm won both fights. i do expect pac to actually beat him this time, but i'll be rooting for jmm
Lil-lightsout
I truly believe Pac will stop him early on this time. Marquez has never been KO'd, but he has been down countless times and hurt also many times. With Pac being bigger and stronger, and JMM getting even older and has shown not to carry his weight well that high, I see Pac and Roach know this and Manny will look for the early KO. Plus knowing Floyd couldn't stop him or did not try for that matter, they will really want to get JMM out of there to go one up on Floyd once again.

At least JMM will be in there trying as long as it lasts, unlike some punk bitch who was scared to throw a fucking punch at Pac.
thehype
Pacquiao KO 4!
The CEO
I see that too, Hype...early KO.

This fight should have taken place 3 years ago when Marquez did INDEED have Pacquiao's number...

but too much has happened since then....there's been significant changes in Manny...power-wise, punch resistance-wise, AND skills-wise....Marquez is still very good, but he is sliding....

So unfortunately, I see this as yet another bullshit fight for Pacquiao at this point in time.....I really feel it's a shame he'll end up being considered the historically "greater" fighter of those two...
thefloatingmonkey
No doubt Pac gets the KO this time around.
King Eugene
JMM will be lucky to make it out of the 2nd. This one will get ugly.........early!

I just hate they are going to hype up this fight by using the previous fights saying JMM has been the only one to give Pac trouble and he can do it again when we know damn well he wont.

After this Morales will get another shot. thumbsdown_anim.gif
FinitoElDinamita
I'd be shocked to see Pacman KO Marquez.. His footwork and punch placement appears as though he has improved vastly only because his opponents were lacking in one way or another. Since 08, I dont see much tecnical improvements to pac's approach. When he's up against Marquez, he'll always have to open up more and it'll be no different than the first two fights. I just hope the judges are competent this time and make the right call.
King Eugene
Remember the first round in the first fight? Had Manny had the power then that he has now it wouldn't have went to the second round.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 04:36 PM) *
Remember the first round in the first fight? Had Manny had the power then that he has now it wouldn't have went to the second round.

Manny's so called power increase is very overrated. P4P, he hit just as hard at 126 as he does now, maybe even harder.. When's the last time he knocked out anyone? He's went the distance in his last 3 bouts and his KO of Cotto was in a typical, volume punching manner that led to a stoppage.
King Eugene
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 07:43 PM) *
Manny's so called power increase is very overrated. P4P, he hit just as hard at 126 as he does now, maybe even harder.. When's the last time he knocked out anyone? He's went the distance in his last 3 bouts and his KO of Cotto was in a typical, volume punching manner that led to a stoppage.

I bet Shane would beg to differ. You dont have to be a One Punch KO artist to be considered to have punching power.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 04:48 PM) *
I bet Shane would beg to differ. You dont have to be a One Punch KO artist to be considered to have punching power.

Obviously, yes, one doesnt need one punch Ko power to be regarded as dangerous puncher but I never questioned Pacman's punching power. All im saying is that some fans tend to exaggerate it like he's hitting like a king kong at these higher weights.

FinitoElDinamita
Mosley is old and he no longer had the desire to eat more unnecessary punches. Pacman's punching power was secondary. An 02 Mosley would have took those punches fine and still would have come back for more. Vernon Forrest hit him twice as hard and even made him squeal like a female yet he never stopped trying till the very end.

Mosley has been hit much harder in the past but against pacman, he wasn't prepared to go through that against, mentally, at this stage of his career..
gravytrain
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 07:33 PM) *
JMM will be lucky to make it out of the 2nd. This one will get ugly.........early!

I just hate they are going to hype up this fight by using the previous fights saying JMM has been the only one to give Pac trouble and he can do it again when we know damn well he wont.

After this Morales will get another shot. thumbsdown_anim.gif

King, i really hope you didn't just prophesize a fight.
boxtop123
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 19 2011, 09:26 PM) *

manny pac will beat marquez only because of the political side with oscar and arum the weight gain will guarantee a win manny is a punk so is roach and arum 1st they said floyd made marquez move up 2 weight classes and they pac's fans screamed to high heaven now what seems to me that manny's next move will be floyds old move
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 19 2011, 09:26 PM) *

You know its coming. All he has to do is look impressive in his next fight or while staying active win, lose, or draw!
Jack 1000
It's interesting because the first two Pacquiao-Marquez fights showed that Marquez could come back from adversity after getting floored 3 times in the first round in fight#1 and make it very close. The second fight also showed the skills of Marquez against Pacquiao in another microscopically close match. For the record, I had Manny winning the first fight because of those early knockdowns by a couple points. I had Marquez winning the second fight by a couple of points, so it's really unofficially 1-1 for each.

We could say that Marquez is for Pacquaio what Norton was for Ali in terms of how Juan could neutralize Manny's power and make the superman of boxing look ordinary. The problem with the rubber match,, is Mayweather has shut out Marquez, who is not the same fighter that he used to be, where as Manny keeps improving. If only this fight had happened before the Mayweather shut-out, I would say another 115-113 type split decision score where I would probably pick Manny. But Marquez I don't think has been the same fighter since Floyd dominated him. Manny takes this one, by a big margin 117-111, 118-110, and 119-109.

Jack
SmartyBeardo
JMM will get in and give it his all. That's all anyone can ask.
K18
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 19 2011, 02:41 PM) *
i think Pac improving as a fighter is going to change the fight a lot. i think he'll put on a good show but this is a weak main event.

I'm sitting here reading all of these comments from people......Pac is not the same fighter, Pac is now bigger and stronger, Pac now has better foot work........I find it amazing that he's the only person in sports history, to get stronger, faster and better as he's aging......to each his own. I use to like Pac, but until I see otherwise, I don't believe in this new Pac theory. Pac will knock him out in 3 rounds, I'm sure Marquez will definitely open those PED doors after the fight, telling us how Pac is not the same fighter and that he is faster and stronger....go figure
K18
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 05:36 PM) *

And you don't find this as suspicious????? Manny goes up in weight and increases his power???? LMAO ever other fighter lost power....Manny gains power...come on folks put two and two together
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (K18 @ May 20 2011, 06:32 AM) *
And you don't find this as suspicious????? Manny goes up in weight and increases his power???? LMAO ever other fighter lost power....Manny gains power...come on folks put two and two together

I do understand where you are coming from. The dude does not just box different, he appears to have morphed into The Little Green Monster. But, as of now, there is no proof of wrong doing. What else can be done? Should Pac be banned from boxing for what it appears he may have done?

I saw vulnerability in his "fight" with The Flinch. He was there to be hit. He looked slower. Of course that may have been nearly completely a result of The Flinch's refusal to fight.

D-MARV
Pacquiao stops him in 1
ks1
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 20 2011, 09:49 AM) *
I do understand where you are coming from. The dude does not just box different, he appears to have morphed into The Little Green Monster. But, as of now, there is no proof of wrong doing. What else can be done? Should Pac be banned from boxing for what it appears he may have done?

I saw vulnerability in his "fight" with The Flinch. He was there to be hit. He looked slower. Of course that may have been nearly completely a result of The Flinch's refusal to fight.

The Flinch! LOL. Good one.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (thehype @ May 19 2011, 04:48 PM) *
Pacquiao KO 4!

Are you punch drunk?

This fight goes the distance.

Marquez isn't going to let Pacquiao tee off on him...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 20 2011, 03:22 AM) *
We could say that Marquez is for Pacquaio what Norton was for Ali in terms of how Juan could neutralize Manny's power and make the superman of boxing look ordinary. The problem with the rubber match,, is Mayweather has shut out Marquez, who is not the same fighter that he used to be, where as Manny keeps improving. If only this fight had happened before the Mayweather shut-out, I would say another 115-113 type split decision score where I would probably pick Manny. But Marquez I don't think has been the same fighter since Floyd dominated him. Manny takes this one, by a big margin 117-111, 118-110, and 119-109.

Manny keeps improving?

Really?

When is the last time he's been in the ring with a guy who could actually BOX?

That was the Marquez rematch and Juan made Pacquiao look ordinary.

Pacquiao is so protected it ain't even funny.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 20 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Manny keeps improving?

Really?

I agree to a certain degree. I remember before the Marquez rematch in 2008 some people were saying that Pacquiao had become such a better fighter and that he would knock Marquez out. They ended up fighting an even fight.

Sure JMM can still be hit, dropped and cut. He's also slower than in 2008, but so is Pacquiao. Pacman hits harder but if JMM can still see the punches coming, then he'll make it a hell of a fight. JMM has the style to counter Pacquiao while he punches. Mosley did a good job of spinning Pacquiao but he couldn't make him pay. JMM will.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 20 2011, 09:12 AM) *
Manny keeps improving?

Really?

^^ Precisely...... We think alike when it comes to this subject.
PR316
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 04:52 PM) *

Marquez does not OWN Pacman. He has NEVER beaten him. So he cannot own him.

This was a competitive fight in those days gone by. But not today.

Pacquiao will brutalize him now. And it wouldn't be a pretty sight.
KookedKrack
As much as I would like to see JMM humble these Pactards, I think he is on the wrong side of his career. Damn shame because he should have two wins over Pac-man.
gravytrain
QUOTE (K18 @ May 20 2011, 09:27 AM) *
I'm sitting here reading all of these comments from people......Pac is not the same fighter, Pac is now bigger and stronger, Pac now has better foot work........I find it amazing that he's the only person in sports history, to get stronger, faster and better as he's aging......to each his own. I use to like Pac, but until I see otherwise, I don't believe in this new Pac theory. Pac will knock him out in 3 rounds, I'm sure Marquez will definitely open those PED doors after the fight, telling us how Pac is not the same fighter and that he is faster and stronger....go figure

Pac always had talent, he just couldn't apply all the talent. after spending years with a good trainer the hard work paid off. this guy didn't turn into Sugar Ray Leonard, he's just a better fighter.

you don't have to believe in the new Pac theory, watch his fights. he can use his right hand and work angles now. Marquez had rough fights with Pac back when Pac just came straight in and only had a straight left.

QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 11:53 PM) *
You know its coming. All he has to do is look impressive in his next fight or while staying active win, lose, or draw!

i really wouldn't doubt it, King. but if the fight does happen i might seriously quit watching any fights past the late 1990s. this shit is turning more into the WWE and is less of a sport.
King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 20 2011, 09:43 PM) *
you don't have to believe in the new Pac theory, watch his fights. he can use his right hand and work angles now. Marquez had rough fights with Pac back when Pac just came straight in and only had a straight left.

This is why it will be a blow out! This is an improved and possibly enhanced Pac.
lyonheart
Whats up fellas???? Been registered since 2009, I just have never posted. Looking forward to talking boxing.....my favorite. To the point....I do feel Marquez has Pac's number to an extent; BUT......Pac can hurt him, as hown in the previous 2 encounters. With that being said...this fight will end early. At this point in time Pacman is simply too strong. But, I wouldn't be surprised if JMM does his thing and makes an outstanding showing of himself;as always. But Pac gets the stoppage, round 10.
bosco
I think Marquez has a style that gives Manny problems but Manny is juicing so it won't matter.
HaydelHammer
welcome to the crew.

I got pac getting JMM out early...he might up the dose for this one.

Pac complaining about his leg after mosley fight.....might want to lay off the cycles and let your body heal Manny. Next he'll prob get "sick" all if a sudden. Then we'll hear about an infection..etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.