Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Id like to introduce myself
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
FinitoElDinamita
Sup fellas! I always browsed through the news on this site but I never saw the forum until yesterday. This board seems to be Pro-Floyd and full of Khan critics so I'm cool with that. lol I just hope this place has decent amount of activity with alot of knowledgable posters.. I happen to be a dead serious boxing fan and I look forward to boxinqtalking with all of ya.. : ) Here are some of my favorite active fighters..

1. Juan Manuel Marquez

2. Nonito Donaire

3. Jorge Linares

4. Floyd Mayweather

5. Kendall Holt

6. Rafael Marquez

7. Jhonny Gonzalez

8. Kermit Cintron

9. Ji Hoon Kim

10. Joseph Agbeko

Honorable mentions and prospects:

Argenis Mendez
Carlos Velasquez
Hozumi Hasegawa
Toshiaki NIshioka
Teon Kennedy
Chris John
Roman Gonzalez
thehype
Welcome. There's a ton of knowledgeable posters around here that provide great discussions....there's a few assholes too, but we still love you monkeys. LOL.

laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 19 2011, 05:19 PM) *
Sup fellas! I always browsed through the news on this site but I never saw the forum until yesterday. This board seems to be Pro-Floyd and full of Khan critics so I'm cool with that. lol I just hope this place has decent amount of activity with alot of knowledgable posters.. I happen to be a dead serious boxing fan and I look forward to boxinqtalking with all of ya.. : ) Here are some of my favorite active fighters..

Lookin' forward to hearin' what you have to say...your favorite fighter has almost everyone's respect here...as he should...he's a great, great fighter.

Although it must be said...barring brand new members that joined this week...this is actually more of a Pacquiao-Friendly forum...lol

Enjoy your stay...
FinitoElDinamita
Hype and CEO, thanks for the warm welcome. Im not a Pacfan at all but a huge supporter of Marquez and Floyd so Ill fit right in. Looking forward to some great debates.
Jack 1000
Welcome Finito!

That's a pretty cool list of fighters! Thanks for joining the Fighthype Family!

Jack

Administrator
King Eugene
Cool list but its rare to see a Kermit Cintron fan around here. This will be interesting. I'm interesting in knowing how you felt about his interatction with Williams because it sure wasn't a fight.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 19 2011, 04:36 PM) *
Welcome Finito!

That's a pretty cool list of fighters! Thanks for joining the Fighthype Family!

Jack

Administrator

Thanks, I'm glad to be here and I hope to make this place my home.. yea!!
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 19 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Cool list but its rare to see a Kermit Cintron fan around here. This will be interesting. I'm interesting in knowing how you felt about his interatction with Williams because it sure wasn't a fight.

It was a bizarre moment which i never expected to see from any fighter, especially Cintron, lol but, that was a one time thing and Id like to give him a benefit of a doubt. I judge a fighter based on their style and their ability as a fighter and Cintron certainly floats my boat.. Considering the fact that he's made a late transition from wrestling to Boxing at a late age of 19, I'd say he's an overachiever. Most guys who started late in Boxing are unable to fight instinctively nor with fluididity but Cintron is a natural. His boxing ability is more than respectable and he gets alot of leverage on those straight right hands and uppercuts.. I just like the tall-lanky, boxer-puncher types and Cintron fits that mold..

He takes alot of shit for what he did in the Williams bout but I look at the positive things he's done so far. Who would have thought that he'd be the one to expose Angulo? Angulo was known as a killer until he ran into Kermit..

Cintron is would knock Cotto out if they fought today..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Rare to see a Teon Kennedy fan. What got you into him? I learned a little about him when I sat down with Thomas Snow a couple years ago after some fights in MN. He beat our undefeated prospect, and he mentioned Teon. Said he beat him a couple times in the amatuers, but just got caught when they fought in the pros.

Welcome to the boards, and look forward to some good discussion.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 19 2011, 06:27 PM) *
Rare to see a Teon Kennedy fan. What got you into him? I learned a little about him when I sat down with Thomas Snow a couple years ago after some fights in MN. He beat our undefeated prospect, and he mentioned Teon. Said he beat him a couple times in the amatuers, but just got caught when they fought in the pros.

Welcome to the boards, and look forward to some good discussion.

My sources told me about this hidden gem from Philadephia and I really liked what I saw in the Diaz fight. He was all that and more.. I dont understand how prospects like him dont get more mentions. I like his style mostly. He's a well schooled boxer but he has that classic, tough Philadephia mentality when it comes to going in the trenches.

I think he's ready for guys like Ricardo Cordoba and Vazquez Jr. He's earned another shot to fight on HBO and a showdown against another prospect in Chris Avalos sounds perfect for Boxing After Dark.. Avalos is the guy who beat Mares in the Ams BTW..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, I actually saw Avalos up here in MN getting beat by Chris Martin last summer. A fighter with decent skills and a good jab can beat Avalos, which Martin did. Kennedy has good skills and would beat Avalos with rather ease. It wouldn't be a good fight to take though, because Avalos already has that one loss. Unfortunately, that stuff matters in boxing when it comes to paydays down the road. I don't think he's ready for Vazquez or Cordoba just yet. He's still young, and Jorge Diaz is the best opponent he's faced. Sure, he's fought good fighters like Thomas Snow, but there's a big gap in talent between what he's faced and Cordoba. I think he should keep progressing though, and he'll be ready for that in a year. I'd love to see him fight Chris Martin, and see how he does.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 20 2011, 10:54 AM) *
Yea, I actually saw Avalos up here in MN getting beat by Chris Martin last summer. A fighter with decent skills and a good jab can beat Avalos, which Martin did. Kennedy has good skills and would beat Avalos with rather ease. It wouldn't be a good fight to take though, because Avalos already has that one loss. Unfortunately, that stuff matters in boxing when it comes to paydays down the road. I don't think he's ready for Vazquez or Cordoba just yet. He's still young, and Jorge Diaz is the best opponent he's faced. Sure, he's fought good fighters like Thomas Snow, but there's a big gap in talent between what he's faced and Cordoba. I think he should keep progressing though, and he'll be ready for that in a year. I'd love to see him fight Chris Martin, and see how he does.

You make some interesting points but I believe Kennedy can compete with Vazquez Jr right now because of his lack of amatuer pedigree. Vazquez is still learning on the fly and he's not as natural as the other young fighters who's been fighting all their lives.. Kennedy is a prospect but he's a well schooled fighter, fundamentally, and i dont see why he couldnt beat compete with Vazquez..

Cordoba is also a bit past it and I dont see him as a huge threat at this point.

I'm looking forward to the Martin fight tonight and he seems like an ideal opponent for Kennedy.. WOUld love to see it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.