Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Fighthype veterans
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
True-Boxing-Fan
Whats up to all my Fighthype faithfull. I have been a very avid reader of these boards for years and an occasional posters with 180+ post over 3 years (which isnt much), but i love to read the post even if i dont agree with some views. The Fighthype boards have been a tight knit community with very knowledgable people, but what do my Fighthype faithfull think of all these new post by these new members? I know the interview with Floyd has stirred things up, especially when you get a free FLoyd shirt if you are a new sign up. For me I love the boxing fan who can appreciate all of boxing and not just certain fighters. I know we will always have our favorites but it greats to appreciate all boxers. I know the fighthype boards have been lagging a bit but is soliciting new members with a shirt the the way to go. I was so surprise when i logged on yesterday and saw the boards boombarded with all these Floyd post, i didnt know what to think. I appreciate all the hard work Hype and Co. do to keep things rolling but damn I hope some of these posters get there T-shirt and go. Please Hype DONT do a Pacquiao After Dark and offer a T-SHirt with that too, it would get even more out of hand here. Come on all you new posters have some transparacy. I know some of you love all things Floyd but damn it can get out of hand. So I ask my Fighthype faithfull what do yall think of this?
FinitoElDinamita
I'm a new poster here and I know this message doesnt apply to me because I could care less about a free shirt. I wasnt even thinking of a shirt when i signed up. I just saw some good activity going on and decided to come on board.. There's a Floyd shirt giveaway?? cool but im not even trippin..
Seek
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ May 19 2011, 05:02 PM) *
Whats up to all my Fighthype faithfull. I have been a very avid reader of these boards for years and an occasional posters with 180+ post over 3 years (which isnt much), but i love to read the post even if i dont agree with some views. The Fighthype boards have been a tight knit community with very knowledgable people, but what do my Fighthype faithfull think of all these new post by these new members? I know the interview with Floyd has stirred things up, especially when you get a free FLoyd shirt if you are a new sign up. For me I love the boxing fan who can appreciate all of boxing and not just certain fighters. I know we will always have our favorites but it greats to appreciate all boxers. I know the fighthype boards have been lagging a bit but is soliciting new members with a shirt the the way to go. I was so surprise when i logged on yesterday and saw the boards boombarded with all these Floyd post, i didnt know what to think. I appreciate all the hard work Hype and Co. do to keep things rolling but damn I hope some of these posters get there T-shirt and go. Please Hype DONT do a Pacquiao After Dark and offer a T-SHirt with that too, it would get even more out of hand here. Come on all you new posters have some transparacy. I know some of you love all things Floyd but damn it can get out of hand. So I ask my Fighthype faithfull what do yall think of this?

Maybe cause we are on other boxing forums talking about boxing and not forums that are talking about new members talking about their favorite fighter lol
Jack 1000
I want to welcome all of our new posters to The Fighthype Family! I hope that you will enjoy talking about great boxing matches of the past, present, and future here. We also have Mixed Martial Arts sections of the forums as well for all your MMA/UFC fights and fighters as well! FightHype provides care and commitment to its members to bring the best boxing and MMA contents to our members!

We hope you will visit us often, and bookmark us in your browser for the best boxing information on the Internet. Thank you for allowing us to serve you!

Regards,

Jack

Administrator
thehype
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ May 19 2011, 06:02 PM) *

1. There was NEVER any offer of a free T-shirt if someone signs up to the message board. Truth be told, I'm a little insulted that you insinuated that to begin with. There was absolutley no advertisement regarding this "tight knit community" whatsoever. Any new people that are on the boards now just happened to stumble across it when they visited...not because there was some kind of an offer for free shit if you sign up.

2. How do you even know if any of the new people appreciate all of boxing if you don't even give them a chance? I mean, I'm sure the hot talk is going to be Mayweather right now...and I'm sure a lot of his fans probably did sign up, but having only been around here for like 2 or 3 days, how do you even know what they do or don't appreciate to begin with? I mean, not for nothing, but there's quite a few "veterans" around here who first started chopping it up about their favorite fighters before they started spittin their knowledge on other fighters. I wouldn't make it sound like every veteran poster in here is an avid boxing fan first and fighter fan second. If there's any "nuthugging" going on by any newbies, there's just as much hatred from the veterans to balance it out.

It's really very simple. If you don't want to talk about Floyd, don't click in any threads about him. If you don't want to see posts from anyone new, just block them. There are plenty of options as opposed to starting a thread and coming off a little elitist.

Just my 2 cents though.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (thehype @ May 19 2011, 04:13 PM) *
1. There was NEVER any offer of a free T-shirt if someone signs up to the message board. Truth be told, I'm a little insulted that you insinuated that to begin with. There was absolutley no advertisement regarding this "tight knit community" whatsoever. Any new people that are on the boards now just happened to stumble across it when they visited...not because there was some kind of an offer for free shit if you sign up.

2. How do you even know if any of the new people appreciate all of boxing if you don't even give them a chance? I mean, I'm sure the hot talk is going to be Mayweather right now...and I'm sure a lot of his fans probably did sign up, but having only been around here for like 2 or 3 days, how do you even know what they do or don't appreciate to begin with? I mean, not for nothing, but there's quite a few "veterans" around here who first started chopping it up about their favorite fighters before they started spittin their knowledge on other fighters. I wouldn't make it sound like every veteran poster in here is an avid boxing fan first and fighter fan second. If there's any "nuthugging" going on by any newbies, there's just as much hatred from the veterans to balance it out.

It's really very simple. If you don't want to talk about Floyd, don't click in any threads about him. If you don't want to see posts from anyone new, just block them. There are plenty of options as opposed to starting a thread and coming off a little elitist.

Just my 2 cents though.

Truth be told Hype I didn't read your Mayweather After Dark series as i find Mayweather interviews very redundant. So yesterday i asked whats up with all the Johnny come lately posters posting all these Mayweather threads. And i was told that the new members were coming for a free t-shirt that Mayweather solicited to new member during that interview series. Dont be insulted Hype I'm just ask a question, lol. I welcome all new members as I realize the boards need new juice but hopefully some of them stick around and add quality posts.
KookedKrack
GOAT boxing website...I for one welcome the newbs, the more posters the better imo.
thehype
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ May 19 2011, 07:50 PM) *
Truth be told Hype I didn't read your Mayweather After Dark series as i find Mayweather interviews very redundant. So yesterday i asked whats up with all the Johnny come lately posters posting all these Mayweather threads. And i was told that the new members were coming for a free t-shirt that Mayweather solicited to new member during that interview series. Dont be insulted Hype I'm just ask a question, lol. I welcome all new members as I realize the boards need new juice but hopefully some of them stick around and add quality posts.

It's all good man. I've just been getting some grumblings from a few "veterans" who have been going out of their way to smash any new poster who even hints that they like Mayweather. I probably overreacted a bit to your post out of irritation as it's kind of been building up. But just to clarify, there was never any offer or message in the videos that said "SIGN UP TO THE FIGHTHYPE MESSAGE BOARD AND GET A FREE SHIRT"...it was absolutely nothing like that. Floyd was just going through some storage looking for his outfit and then all of a sudden, he sees a new box of his Mayweather Boxing Gym shirts and decides to announce that he's shipping them to me to give away to the fans for free. That was it really. I'm totally grateful that we do have new members signing up, but it's not something that was required or suggested at all. We've just been getting such a large influx of new visitors to the site (which is ironic considering that some people seem to think that nobody cares about what Mayweather has to say) and I think some of those people are just stumbling onto these forums by surfing the site. Have a couple of them mentioned the shirts? Absolutely, but that PALES in comparison to the number of emails I've received about them. LOL.
SmartyBeardo
I say the more the merrier. We'll thin the herd and end up with some solid new posters. Finito seems to be steppin' up
K18
QUOTE (thehype @ May 19 2011, 05:13 PM) *

Just my 2 cents though.

I was wondering since you have access to Floyd, did you ask him if there was any truth to Teddy Atlas's email claim? Are there any other boxers who believe he's juicing? Are there any rumblings behind closed doors, that the boxing world is keeping quiet? Paulie Mag. I believe mentioned this. I personally think Manny is on PEDS, no one in sports history has accomplished improvement after their prime, I would like nothing more than this dude to be exposed.
Nay_Sayer
It's good that the traffic here has increased.
thehype
QUOTE (K18 @ May 20 2011, 09:49 AM) *
I was wondering since you have access to Floyd, did you ask him if there was any truth to Teddy Atlas's email claim? Are there any other boxers who believe he's juicing? Are there any rumblings behind closed doors, that the boxing world is keeping quiet? Paulie Mag. I believe mentioned this. I personally think Manny is on PEDS, no one in sports history has accomplished improvement after their prime, I would like nothing more than this dude to be exposed.

Yes. Yes. And yes.

Receiving emails was true, but whether or not the claims in those emails were true is a different story. The problem is identifying who TRULY is a member of Team Pacquiao. Even now, since posting those videos, I can tell you that I've been contacted by "members of Team Pacquiao" regarding a fight with Floyd. I won't go into any details about it, but the point is, there are a lot of "members of Team Pacquiao"...some fringe members and some inner members...who are all trying to hustle in one way, shape or form. That's just speaking from my own personal experience...and believe me, I've talked to quite a few.

Are there any other boxers who believe he's juicing? Well, you already know Paulie Malignaggi has said it. I personally know of several others who have said it. The boxing community is like a small family and people talk. Imagine Floyd's stance if he's being told by other boxers, particularly some that have faced him, that they think he's on something. That's DEFINITELY not going to help make Floyd soften his stance.

And as for rumblings, well, just this week, I know of a story that SEVERAL reporters are sitting on because, for one reason or another, they don't want to write about it. It pertains to Manny's "$20 million guarantee" that Arum said he got for his fight with Shane. Rumor has it a different and much lower number was written on his bout contract. From what I hear, some reporters actually saw that number, but for some reason, prefer not to say anything about it. Why? I have no idea, but I can confirm that I heard one well-known reporter discussing the details of it with a 3rd party.

Things aren't always as they appear. There are a lot of things that would changes a fans opinion if the REALLY knew the kind of stuff that goes on.
Mean Mister Mustard
It's good that more people are signing up and I am not worried about whether it will decrease the quality of the board, since FH has a way of weeding out assholes. Already we have seen some new posters going at it with some vets. It's all good though; discussion is what this place is all about. Hopefully we can all learn from each other.
FinitoElDinamita
Ive been posting on bigger forums for years but I got sick and tired of all the trolls and casual observers so i decided to make a move and stumbled onto here somehow.. I only want to talk with the hardcore boxing fans and I hope there are alot of them here.
BoxingStill#1
I've been a member here about 3 years and not to get all sentimental or anything, but I have Fighthype.com set as my home page both on my phone, and my home PC. Shit, I even check the site for any updates before my facebook..lls....

Truth be told, as I have tested, im not sure where the resources are from, but I found that this site is the most well advised and accurate. In addition, usually always first in new news...

Proud to be a member, and glad we are growing in popluarity.... no matter how it comes...

QUOTE (thehype @ May 20 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Yes. Yes. And yes.

Receiving emails was true, but whether or not the claims in those emails were true is a different story. The problem is identifying who TRULY is a member of Team Pacquiao. Even now, since posting those videos, I can tell you that I've been contacted by "members of Team Pacquiao" regarding a fight with Floyd. I won't go into any details about it, but the point is, there are a lot of "members of Team Pacquiao"...some fringe members and some inner members...who are all trying to hustle in one way, shape or form. That's just speaking from my own personal experience...and believe me, I've talked to quite a few.

Are there any other boxers who believe he's juicing? Well, you already know Paulie Malignaggi has said it. I personally know of several others who have said it. The boxing community is like a small family and people talk. Imagine Floyd's stance if he's being told by other boxers, particularly some that have faced him, that they think he's on something. That's DEFINITELY not going to help make Floyd soften his stance.

And as for rumblings, well, just this week, I know of a story that SEVERAL reporters are sitting on because, for one reason or another, they don't want to write about it. It pertains to Manny's "$20 million guarantee" that Arum said he got for his fight with Shane. Rumor has it a different and much lower number was written on his bout contract. From what I hear, some reporters actually saw that number, but for some reason, prefer not to say anything about it. Why? I have no idea, but I can confirm that I heard one well-known reporter discussing the details of it with a 3rd party.

Things aren't always as they appear. There are a lot of things that would changes a fans opinion if the REALLY knew the kind of stuff that goes on.

In another note Hype, did those particular "team Pac" members sound as if they are interested in a figght with Floyed?
Spyder
I'm happy to see all of the new blood on here.

They add life to topics that we've beat to death, some even come up with something that we hadn't thought about before...rare as that may seem...but mostly because I'm tired of talking to the rest of you assholes and want someone new to talk to.

thumbsup_anim.gif
HaydelHammer
I love all the traffic here now. Just because you are new to the forum doesn't mean you don't love boxing and can't join in. The more the merry. Fighthype about to take over man...everybody about to start hatin or want to roll with the set!!! Watch!!!

That being said..........."talk'n shit cause i'm down for my set.....im'ma vet!"

kidbazooka1
I agree, the more ppl here the better.

Finito knows his boxing i remember him from other boxing forums. Welcome aboard.
Maxy
The more the merrier I say. Keeps things ticking along sweetly and with more posters, there are more opinions and more stuff to chat about. It's what the board has been missing lately.
STEVENSKI
I have no issues with new members joining up. The more the merrier as Maxy said. I am far from a Mayweather fan but if people like Mayweather bully to them. What I cannot stand is trolls but this board weeds them out pretty quickly. I hope we do get a lot more knowledgable posters on here as this site may not be the biggest community but the members are P4P when it comes to knowledge.

I think Ben & the team have done a fantastic job & this site is so much better than a unnamed site we used to patronise. Big props to Ben & the boys for getting some serious quality shit on the front page daily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.