Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: roy vs lebedev...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JLUVBABY
roy is starting to get whipped... hating to see him get beat on... its about to get nasty...
Method
is it on?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2011, 11:44 AM) *
is it on?

i sent the link to ya inbox...
Spyder
I can't find a link
JLUVBABY
roy hurt him at the end of round 9... hopefully that gives him life...
Spyder
Roy looks fresh late
Method
Roy looked like he had Lebedev hurt w 30 seconds to go in the 9th.
Method
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 21 2011, 01:03 PM) *
Roy looks fresh late

Fresh is not a word that belongs in this thread though.
Spyder
laugh.gif

So much for that...
JLUVBABY
wtf???? man roy was gonna finish the fight...
Method
Wow, Roy almost KO's Lebedev in the 10th, ropes hold the guy up, and then Roy gets knocked out.
JLUVBABY
wow...
JLUVBABY
fuckin sad tho... i hate to see roy in that situation... smh.... hope this is his last fight...
Spyder
Smogger missed that knock down...
Method
He was knocked COLD. Bent over, holding his head, and then just collapses on his face.
Method
Smoger TOTALLY missed that.

...and then it seemed like Roy started clowning. Same old shit, he takes to the ropes and it costs him.

I'd love to know what the official scores were at the time of the stoppage. There was like 7 seconds left in the fight.
Spyder
Moscow likes Roy?
Method
"I dont give up easy, I STILL might come back" - The Shell of the man formerly known as Roy Jones Jr. (after suffering yet another devastating KO).
Spyder
His face looks like Joshua Eldridge from Lionheart...

Maxy
I'm just glad he seems OK now, giving the thumbs up to the fans, but saying he might still come back....nah man, please somebody has to take his license away. It's nasty to see such a shell of a great fighter.
Maxy
I had Jones behind but regardless of that I was gutted to see him flattened with so little of the fight left. Thought he was going to last the distance.
JONdaCON817
damn... i missed this one... but if its as bad as it sounds he may not wanna go to sleep right away... he may not wake up... too many KOs and yo ass is liable to collapse walkin to the dressing room... shyts scary. smh
Method
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 21 2011, 01:57 PM) *
damn... i missed this one... but if its as bad as it sounds he may not wanna go to sleep right away... he may not wake up... too many KOs and yo ass is liable to collapse walkin to the dressing room... shyts scary. smh
In the last three rounds I saw, RJ looked lethargic as shit. Lebedev didn't look like any kinda world beater, and Jones looked to have him on the way out. It was almost as if roy wasn't trying to win. I dunno. Maybe he was on the Russian take. He hurt Lebedev bad in the 10th, and never followed up.
D-MARV
Lebedev sucks!
Spyder
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2011, 02:11 PM) *
In the last three rounds I saw, RJ looked lethargic as shit. Lebedev didn't look like any kinda world beater, and Jones looked to have him on the way out. It was almost as if roy wasn't trying to win. I dunno. Maybe he was on the Russian take. He hurt Lebedev bad in the 10th, and never followed up.

That's exactly how it looked to me. I thought I was crazy for thinking it, but that's exactly how it looked.

The whole thing never made sense...fighting a young relatively unknown Russian, in Moscow, out of weight class, without a belt on the line. And the fact that Roy looked under trained for the weigh-in...makes you think...did Roy ever plan on winning the fight?
darroy
damn! reading about this one hurt like hell!!!!! i REALLY hope his people talk him into retirement. he may not be making millions but he should be making good enough money to live comfortably with his gig at hbo. it's like he's gotten used to these outcomes so now he's just immune to it which is scary. god bless him and i as a fan wish him the best and a sweet retirement.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2011, 01:11 PM) *

Dang bro thats crazy.. it sounded like a close fight... how the hell did he get KOd in the lass couple secs? he couldnt run or did he get stucc against the ropes a la green?
caneman
HaydelHammer
didn't even know this fight was taking place actually. To hear of the result is not shocking at all. Was predicted this result as soon as the fight was made. Hang em up Roy.
Spyder
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced. Roy got paid to lose.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 21 2011, 02:43 PM) *
didn't even know this fight was taking place actually. To hear of the result is not shocking at all. Was predicted this result as soon as the fight was made. Hang em up Roy.

I don't know. That last punch was BRUTAL. I would like to see the point in the fight where Roy hurt the Russian. He needs to retire.

Jack
Spyder
He hurt him twice. The last round Roy sent him reeling against the ropes. In the replay, you can see Lebedev's eyes roll back.
stateofthegame
The last shot was brutal but also a cheap shot. Smoger was slow coming in and Denis looked a5t Smoger and saw he was stopping the fight there was no need for that last shot in my opinion,
Method
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 21 2011, 02:26 PM) *
That's exactly how it looked to me. I thought I was crazy for thinking it, but that's exactly how it looked.

The whole thing never made sense...fighting a young relatively unknown Russian, in Moscow, out of weight class, without a belt on the line. And the fact that Roy looked under trained for the weigh-in...makes you think...did Roy ever plan on winning the fight?

Im telling you, bro, it DID NOT look like he planned on winning it. He hurt Lebedev at the end of the 9th, and backed off w 30 seconds to go. Same thing in the 10th. It looked like he was *yeah, Im gonna say it* CARRYING the guy. Cuz Lebedev was damn near out w 30-40 seconds left in the 10th. I mean, you jump all over that when you have a guy that hurt.

I could care less about Roy at this point, and was never one of his die hards (though I like the guy enough), so Im not making excuses. Im just reporting what I observed.

I understand what some are saying about the "cheap shot" that was Lebedev's last punch, but that chain of events was a bit weird. Roy had bent down and was holding his head. With all due respect, I dont really blame Smoger, because I wasnt even really sure what the fuck was going on...Smoger, once he realized Roy was hurt, waved it. Then Roy fell on his face. It was DEFINITELY a delayed face plant. It had me a bit confused as to whether something happened to his eye (thumbed) or if he had cerebral damage or what. He just kinda bent over and was holding his head/face, and then face planted.

Whatever.

I hope he's not broke man, because if he has to keep fighting because of that, he's gonna wind up like Meldrick, if he ain't already.

Roy sure as shit didnt look in any kind of shape for this fight, stamina-wise.
The CEO
Remember when Roy dressed like a pirate?....that was funny...lol

In all seriousness, the guy's gotta quit...I didn't enjoy watching that KO.
Spyder
Cost of living in Pensacola is shit...lol...I wonder if he still owes his baby mama or something. I don't think he was ever married, though I could be wrong.
Method
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 21 2011, 05:58 PM) *
Remember when Roy dressed like a pirate?....that was funny...lol

In all seriousness, the guy's gotta quit...I didn't enjoy watching that KO.

That Pirate costume was ROCK BOTTOM.

...almost as bad as Ruiz's pimp costume.
Run and Gun Game Calls
I felt the last shot was cheap, but man Roy needs to walk away, I have watched the knockout many times now. Roy is looking right at the guy, he sees the shots coming. And the alarming thing is, his reflexes were not slow getting out of the way or covering up, they were not there at all. Roy was eating big shots without the hint of a flinch right before they landed. Thats with him looking right at the guy.

I love the fighter he was pre-weight loss, but this isnt funny. I hope he retires. It wasnt funny with ali, Meldrick Taylor, and it wouldnt be funny with mayweather or Hopkins.

This goes being the sport of boxing, we are watching a man destroy himself because of pride
Spyder
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ May 21 2011, 07:26 PM) *
I felt the last shot was cheap, but man Roy needs to walk away, I have watched the knockout many times now. Roy is looking right at the guy, he sees the shots coming. And the alarming thing is, his reflexes were not slow getting out of the way or covering up, they were not there at all. Roy was eating big shots without the hint of a flinch right before they landed. Thats with him looking right at the guy.

I love the fighter he was pre-weight loss, but this isnt funny. I hope he retires. It wasnt funny with ali, Meldrick Taylor, and it wouldnt be funny with mayweather or Hopkins.

This goes being the sport of boxing, we are watching a man destroy himself because of pride

He didn't move out of the way because he was trying to throw the fight...
The CEO
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2011, 06:37 PM) *
That Pirate costume was ROCK BOTTOM.

...almost as bad as Ruiz's pimp costume.

LOL...it sure was...it's amazing he was able to beat Lacy like he did...I guess that's a testament to bad Lacy is...

I remember seeing Roy in that getup and posting..."Some fighters have Dimensions. Roy Jones has Dementia."...

He's gotta stop.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 21 2011, 09:58 PM) *
RJJ lasted 9 rounds longer than I expected. Does this have any parallel to the Cotto v Mayorga fight?

same here.
Method
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 21 2011, 10:01 PM) *
I remember seeing Roy in that getup and posting..."Some fighters have Dimensions. Roy Jones has Dementia."...

Dude, only you could come up with something so poetic!
HaydelHammer
Manny need to let me edge him up with them clippers man.
Jack 1000
Sadly though,

These are the kinds of punches and KO's that Roy is gonna need to stop fighting. The more he loses like this, the less likely he is to get re-licensed to fight again.

Go back to HBO commentary, Roy.

Jack
JLUVBABY
roy is starting to look like mathew saad muhamed at the end of his career... i wont be surprised to see him fighting the opening fight on espn 2 before too long... that was sad...
STEVENSKI
I always disliked Roy but for christs sake he needs to hang then up. These KO's whilst funny to me are extremely hazardous to his health. It is a shame to see a once great fighter be a running gag.
HaydelHammer
Yes the way he's getting concussed is just about equal to these nfl football players who end up later on with everyday migraine headaches and brain damage that eventually leads them to other things including suicide. Harsh but true.

Not to mention Roy lives in Pensacola......aint shit in Pensacola...so he's bored. I can easily see him NOT hanging em up and fighting just to stay busy doing something. Can't turn off the athletic switch it seems. He's going to go out his way. Just like the old schools champs from back in the day that looked like a shell of themselves but kept on fighting.
SmartyBeardo
The Russian sports mafia may well have made RJJ an offer he could not refuse.

I alluded to the Cotto v Mayorga 12th round. How much money shifted hands on Mayorga's phantom hand problem and decision to quit with little time remaining? Who had big money on a 12th round stoppage?

Go back and watch RJJ in those final seconds. He stood there and allowed Lebedev to take his shots. He bent over holding his head in a strangely theatrical manner, caught Lebedev's final (unnecessary) shot, and planted. Who had big money on the final round stoppage?

RJJ may not have made it out of Moscow alive if he had not taken that suspicious face plant.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 22 2011, 09:09 AM) *
Yes the way he's getting concussed is just about equal to these nfl football players who end up later on with everyday migraine headaches and brain damage that eventually leads them to other things including suicide. Harsh but true.

Not to mention Roy lives in Pensacola......aint shit in Pensacola...so he's bored. I can easily see him NOT hanging em up and fighting just to stay busy doing something. Can't turn off the athletic switch it seems. He's going to go out his way. Just like the old schools champs from back in the day that looked like a shell of themselves but kept on fighting.

I think that's a big part of it. The guy has been an athlete since he was what, 8 years old? It's all he's ever done in life, so I doubt it will be an easy transition for him to go back to a 'regular' life. Still, he does need to stop fighting. He's been stopped 4 times now. That's 4 times too many.
D-MARV
There's a rumor going around that Roy has a little Russian chick that he's been messing with while he should have been training.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.