Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7th Round Pushups The Baddest Ass Shit Ive Ever Scene
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
Badest ass shit I ever saw.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, he was definitely in Pascal's head all night. More power to him, he deserved it. He came ready to fight, and you could tell before the fight even started, that this was his night. It took forever for Pascal's people to clear the ring, and Hopkins was pacing in the corner ready to beat that ass. He's gotta be favored to beat Dawson after that too.
SmartyBeardo
That pretty much put Pascal over the edge.
Method
It was the baddest ass shit ive seen

"you got any excuses tonight Roy."

I LOVE the fact that Larry Merchant did the Hopkins preview.

...he has to own it forever
ThePrevailingWindz
It was even funnier after the fight when Hopkins started doing it again and then Pascal started doing 1-armed push ups. That shit made me LOL.
Imperius3
It looked like Pascal was struggling to do those one armed pushups too, and that was funny as hell!
Snoop
The funniest part was when the ref started laughing.
HaydelHammer
I'm calling it now guys....decades from now that shit will be played and we'll be the old heads talking about I saw that shit live to the young heads.

That shit was legendary right there. LMFAO Biggest mind job in the ring of ALL TIME!!!!

Mean Mister Mustard
The best part was that it actually worked and it affected Pascal.

thisneverworks
They were perfect pushups too.

It would have been impossible for that not to get in Pascal's head. At the start of every round Pascal was not budging off that stool until the bell rang and meanwhile the old guy starts doing pushups.
Spyder
Did the ref remember to wipe Nard's gloves afterward?
neophyte7
PASCAL BETTER COME TO THE STATES... his preparation and stamina seem to be pitiful... he may be able to improve yet he will not go anywhere while in Montreal.. He seems very raw and crude... After round 3 he was glued to he stool? at 28? something has to be wrong with his physical stamina or he has poor conditioning tactics---
Snoop
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ May 22 2011, 05:46 PM) *

It would have been impossible for that not to get in Pascal's head. At the start of every round Pascal was not budging off that stool until the bell rang and meanwhile the old guy starts doing pushups.

LMFAO! I was thinking the same thing. I was like 'Damn, he's got good form for fighting 6 rounds.'
Method
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 22 2011, 02:30 PM) *
PASCAL BETTER COME TO THE STATES... his preparation and stamina seem to be pitiful... he may be able to improve yet he will not go anywhere while in Montreal.. He seems very raw and crude... After round 3 he was glued to he stool? at 28? something has to be wrong with his physical stamina or he has poor conditioning tactics---

He trains in Miami...for whatever its worth.
thisneverworks
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 22 2011, 03:43 PM) *
LMFAO! I was thinking the same thing. I was like 'Damn, he's got good form for fighting 6 rounds.'

I was like, "Shit, not only is he doing pushups he is doing military style pushups."

He should try to get a deal with the Perfect Pushup.
ks1
Yeah, that was some bad ass shit. Old Man Hopkins is a beast. His overall discipline is insane.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ May 22 2011, 12:46 PM) *

Not to mention as the fight drew on Bernard was waiting for him in the middle of the ring before the bell rang

These were all mind tactics and they worked... 100%...
neophyte7
QUOTE (Method @ May 22 2011, 03:45 PM) *
He trains in Miami...for whatever its worth.

Ok... I get it--I honestly think Pascal had an over inflated view of himself as fighter before getting spanked twice by his Daddy Hopkins. He may need to get some real trainers and go into isolation.. get the hell out of miami for sure
Fitz
Haha, guys, he is a proffessional athlete. This was funny and great to see Bernard do it. Mind games, that's his thing. But one of the funny things is people acting surprised that he had good form. Yeah that was truly unbelievable that he did them in correct form.
Extant
QUOTE (Method @ May 21 2011, 10:35 PM) *
It was the baddest ass shit ive seen

"you got any excuses tonight Roy."

Do you HAVE to remind us ESPECIALLY after this last one???
Method
QUOTE (Extant @ May 23 2011, 01:11 AM) *
Do you HAVE to remind us ESPECIALLY after this last one???

Nope. Was hammered.
The CEO

LMAO...you can literally see Pascal's soul leave his body...
BoxingWizard23
That shit was fucking epic!!! B-Hop will go down as one of the ATG...his dedication and discipline to the sport will never be denied. I cant wait to see him school Dawson and when he retires would love to see him join the HBO commentary team it would do wonders!! Pascal saved his stamina up by throwing less punches he needs better combination throwing skills and also add timing to his skill resume he has the talent. B-Hop should fight Dawson, Cloud, Bute and then Ward and then retire his toughest out of all of them would be Ward. #BOXING BITCH FUCK MMA
PR316
Lol. It was hilarious. And I even got a kick outta Pascal doing his one handed pushups next to Hopkins after the fight.

Nothing much else to be said about Hopkins. Great performance. Hand speed is still there and he still punches with power. The punch resistance is starting to go a bit as are the reflexes but thats expected.

And Pascal did earn my respect. He's a good fighter. Better than I initially thought. But he needs to work on his stamina and using the jab more to actually set up combiinations and not just the one punch.

Very good action fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
It was crazy and funny but more importantly it worked. Pascal didn't have a great round after that. You could almost read Pascal's brain saying no way can I beat that shit. Just a quick thought since this is a Hopkins thread, Naz must be glad to be working with this kind of fighter after what he got with Mosley a coupla weekends ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.