Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac vs Jmm
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Prov0
so i been thinking of this fight and was wondering how everyone else felt about this .i feel Pac taking this fight is in a no win situation .says he knocks the shit out of JMM ,people will be like how come he couldnt do that before? what if JMM is like he got stronger and he hits harder now! then what ? do the PEDs accusations get higher?
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Prov0 @ May 25 2011, 09:50 AM) *
so i been thinking of this fight and was wondering how everyone else felt about this .i feel Pac taking this fight is in a no win situation .says he knocks the shit out of JMM ,people will be like how come he couldnt do that before? what if JMM is like he got stronger and he hits harder now! then what ? do the PEDs accusations get higher?

That win does nothing for Pacs career... if anything itll hurt it. this is juss another hand picced win for Pac.. ide rather see Marquez fight Judah and Pac fight bradley.. those atleast have potential to be interesting.... ide like to kno who ppl would rather see pac fight..

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 25 2011, 07:59 PM) *
That win does nothing for Pacs career... if anything itll hurt it. this is juss another hand picced win for Pac.. ide rather see Marquez fight Judah and Pac fight bradley.. those atleast have potential to be interesting.... ide like to kno who ppl would rather see pac fight..

Id rather see Marquez stay at 135 where young guns like Guerrero and Rios can see how they stack up and try to take the title from the master.

Judah and Bradley can stay at 140 where they belong and iron shit out with eachother, Khan, Maidana, Matthyse, fuck it even Morales.

And....you guessed it, Pac can fight someone who is a welterweight, at 147.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 25 2011, 02:05 PM) *
Id rather see Marquez stay at 135 where young guns like Guerrero and Rios can see how they stack up and try to take the title from the master.

Judah and Bradley can stay at 140 where they belong and iron shit out with eachother, Khan, Maidana, Matthyse, fuck it even Morales.

And....you guessed it, Pac can fight someone who is a welterweight, at 147.

Your right on with Judah and Bradley.. they have alot of good fights left at 140...
didnt P Will wanna go down in weight? he could Jab his way to a win against Pac.

Marquez has no business moving up... He look awful vs May.. idkk if its May being that good. or he really did have trouble carrying that weight..
FinitoElDinamita
If Pacman knocks Marquez out, I know for sure that alot of people aren't going to give him enough credit with excuses such as " Marquez couldn't carry the weight " , or , " Marquez is old " which is an obvious one, but, me, I see this as one of Pacman's toughest fight to date and Id give him all the credit if he wins convincingly.
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
Pacquiao and arum are a joke, hand pick guaranteed wins is exactly what they do. People also have the balls to say Pacquiaos legacy is greater than Halger, Fraizer, other all time greats. You do not establish dominance against old washed up fighters coming off of losses.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (ChadSaysTakeTheTest @ May 25 2011, 03:47 PM) *
Pacquiao and arum are a joke, hand pick guaranteed wins is exactly what they do. People also have the balls to say Pacquiaos legacy is greater than Halger, Fraizer, other all time greats. You do not establish dominance against old washed up fighters coming off of losses.

Exactly why he needs to fight a young hungry undefeated fighter like Bradley.. I kinda wanna see him fight judah to be honest.. hes prolly the only active fighter with a style similar to Mays... he'd prolly get KOd tho...
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (ChadSaysTakeTheTest @ May 25 2011, 01:47 PM) *

Only your second sentence is respectable but what is up with the rest? lolz Marquez is washed up and a hand-picked guarantee?? SMH

Sorry but that's one of the most ignorant statements ive ever read.
FinitoElDinamita
When a fighter has another fighter's number, all that weight advantage/punching power becomes less of a factor and that fighter should never be dismissed at any given time unless he's washed up or totally shot. And the truth is, the size disparity isn't that much..
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 25 2011, 03:17 PM) *
Only your second sentence is respectable but what is up with the rest? lolz Marquez is washed up and a hand-picked guarantee?? SMH

Sorry but that's one of the most ignorant statements ive ever read.

Are you proposing that Marquez will beat Pacquiao? And that you would rather see this for a 3rd time rather than a young prime fighter like Bradley or Ortiz get a shot?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Prov0 @ May 25 2011, 10:50 AM) *

Yup... I've kinda been waiting for this fight. If he tears into JMM like I think he will, then the questions will be asked more frequently. I think he makes easy work of JMM. Their previous fights were so close, that people will ask, what has changed?? Pac has changed. maybe after he puts a whippin' on JMM, the commissions will get a clue and start more stringent testing. Pac seems like a nice humble guy, but a cheat is a cheat. Look at his resume as of late. He has beaten the who's who of 147 over the last 2 years. I equate this with say... Joe Calzaghe moving up and beating Steve Cunningham down. Then he goes up and beats Wladimir into an 8th round RTD. He beats Haye by UD. He beats Adamek by KO12. He then beats Arreola by wide UD and destroys the guy's orbital bone. He then puts Vitali down in the 3rd on his way to a UD 12 against him. Thats how unbeleivable Pac's rise is. He was always a good fighter, like Barry Bonds was always a good hitter. Possibly PED's made him unbelievable, like it did with Bonds.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (ChadSaysTakeTheTest @ May 26 2011, 02:41 AM) *
Are you proposing that Marquez will beat Pacquiao? And that you would rather see this for a 3rd time rather than a young prime fighter like Bradley or Ortiz get a shot?

i deff agree with you on this one... ide deff rather see Bradley or Ortiz then JMM.. The Trilogy isnt what has bothered me.. its the fact that they want to make it a trilogy after 3 yrs... he fights him first in what 04? then 08, now 11? the guy isnt 25 yrs old and he doesnt have PEDs running thru his veins...

he gets KOd in 3 rounds.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 25 2011, 03:08 PM) *
If Pacman knocks Marquez out, I know for sure that alot of people aren't going to give him enough credit with excuses such as " Marquez couldn't carry the weight " , or , " Marquez is old " which is an obvious one, but, me, I see this as one of Pacman's toughest fight to date and Id give him all the credit if he wins convincingly.

His toughest fight to date why? ppl said the same thing about Cotto, Margacheato and Mosley... its all bullshyt the media gets you to buy into juss so they can sell a fight... if he wants a real tough fight then he'll fight Bradley.. or even Martinez whos already called him out... there are plenty of tough fights if not tougher but Pac or should i say Dusty wont take em...
Hops
Martinez should be calling out Hopkins not Pacquiao.
Prov0
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 26 2011, 04:56 AM) *
Yup... I've kinda been waiting for this fight. If he tears into JMM like I think he will, then the questions will be asked more frequently. I think he makes easy work of JMM. Their previous fights were so close, that people will ask, what has changed?? Pac has changed. maybe after he puts a whippin' on JMM, the commissions will get a clue and start more stringent testing. Pac seems like a nice humble guy, but a cheat is a cheat. Look at his resume as of late. He has beaten the who's who of 147 over the last 2 years. I equate this with say... Joe Calzaghe moving up and beating Steve Cunningham down. Then he goes up and beats Wladimir into an 8th round RTD. He beats Haye by UD. He beats Adamek by KO12. He then beats Arreola by wide UD and destroys the guy's orbital bone. He then puts Vitali down in the 3rd on his way to a UD 12 against him. Thats how unbeleivable Pac's rise is. He was always a good fighter, like Barry Bonds was always a good hitter. Possibly PED's made him unbelievable, like it did with Bonds.

yup i see pac whooping jmm .i personally do believe pac has took PEDS.hopefully after this fight there will be do much talk about PED usage were he finally agrees to a random test
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Hops @ May 26 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Martinez should be calling out Hopkins not Pacquiao.

i think he would murk Hopkins.. i dont see Hopkins gettin into that Kats head...
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 26 2011, 07:24 AM) *
His toughest fight to date why? ppl said the same thing about Cotto, Margacheato and Mosley... its all bullshyt the media gets you to buy into juss so they can sell a fight... if he wants a real tough fight then he'll fight Bradley.. or even Martinez whos already called him out... there are plenty of tough fights if not tougher but Pac or should i say Dusty wont take em...

I dont care about the general consensus, the media, or what the casual observers think of certain matchups..

Anyone who knows boxing would realize that Marquez is, stylistically, the toughest Matchup for PAcman, not bradley,ortiz, cotto or margo ... They dont even come close and that's just funny.

Marquez fought 24 rounds with pac and won over 20 of them so how can anyone say he's a lesser opponent or equal threat to those two?? Ok, so Ortiz has one big win over an unproven Berto and now he's going to stand up to pacman? lmao

First fight was a draw where many people saw Marquez winning and the second fight was also highly controversial so a trilogy is only natural.. Nobody deserves a pac matchup more than Marquez does.. He's earned it..
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 26 2011, 12:48 PM) *
I dont care about the general consensus, the media, or what the casual observers think of certain matchups..

Anyone who knows boxing would realize that Marquez is, stylistically, the toughest Matchup for PAcman, not bradley,ortiz, cotto or margo ... They dont even come close and that's just funny.

Marquez fought 24 rounds with pac and won over 20 of them so how can anyone say he's a lesser opponent or equal threat to those two?? Ok, so Ortiz has one big win over an unproven Berto and now he's going to stand up to pacman? lmao

First fight was a draw where many people saw Marquez winning and the second fight was also highly controversial so a trilogy is only natural.. Nobody deserves a pac matchup more than Marquez does.. He's earned it..

He dropped Marquez bacc then.. now if he drops him JMM he aint gettin bacc up.

again if they had done the trilogy right away i wouldnt mind.. but its been 7 yrs since they fought the first time... neither one of them is the same fighter.. i think Pac beats him soundly now... I root for the underdog 80% of the time.. believe me ide love to see Marquez get the W, he deserves it after gettin robbed.. i personally think he won the first 2 fights but i dont think hes in it to win it.. i think hes lookin for a good pay day before he checcs out...
SmartyBeardo
I am as big a JMM fan as there is in existence. JMM deserves to get a crack at Pac. But now that Floyd Mayweather Jr. has stepped up to the plate to face a legit young lion, the Pac v JMM fight is seriously overshadowed, undermined, slapped silly, et al.

Pac should be fighting the man who owns 2 of the 140 pound belts, the man who has taken the 0 from 3 consecutive opponents, Timothy Ramming Speed Bradley, the most deserving of the young lions.

JMM should take on Guerrero or Rios.
gravytrain
Marquez and Pac had close fights when Pac wasn't as good as he's now. Pac can work angles now and can actually use both hands. Marquez isn't winning this fight.
Fitz
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 8 2011, 01:08 PM) *
I am as big a JMM fan as there is in existence. JMM deserves to get a crack at Pac. But now that Floyd Mayweather Jr. has stepped up to the plate to face a legit young lion, the Pac v JMM fight is seriously overshadowed, undermined, slapped silly, et al.

Pac should be fighting the man who owns 2 of the 140 pound belts, the man who has taken the 0 from 3 consecutive opponents, Timothy Ramming Speed Bradley, the most deserving of the young lions.

JMM should take on Guerrero or Rios.

Exactly, and definitely agree. The only thing I can say is, that Marquez really deserves his shot at redemption. If anybody deserves it, it's him. But he should have been given that opportunity back then, and not now.
AussieLad
Mayweather vs Ortiz is a shit fight. A win over Berto and suddenly this guy is a worthy opponent for floyd? You can make the argument floyd is returning after a lay off and deserves a tune up, but i sometimes wonder if this isnt the strategy for not fighting better competition.

Until FLoyd and Manny square off, neither guy gets a pass with lesser competition
iKeNjiro
I am a Fan of Floyd

and I like this fight for Pacman
Honestly I wanted to see this fight a few years ago...but glad it's happening
Let's see how JMM does at a higher weight should be a good fight honestly

edit:
and honestly I don't think it's right for Mayweather fans to trash Pacman for taking this fight and not Martinez or others
why I say this? because it was tons of people saying why won't Pacman take JMM, this fight is a grudge match and I agree with him taking this next instead of someone else.

I do feel bad though because idk how JMM will do at a higher weight...but he seems to have pacmans card so who knows
pacman still wins though...still should be a great fight
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Jun 8 2011, 05:29 AM) *
I am a Fan of Floyd

and I like this fight for Pacman
Honestly I wanted to see this fight a few years ago...but glad it's happening
Let's see how JMM does at a higher weight should be a good fight honestly

edit:
and honestly I don't think it's right for Mayweather fans to trash Pacman for taking this fight and not Martinez or others
why I say this? because it was tons of people saying why won't Pacman take JMM, this fight is a grudge match and I agree with him taking this next instead of someone else.

I do feel bad though because idk how JMM will do at a higher weight...but he seems to have pacmans card so who knows
pacman still wins though...still should be a great fight

I totally agree that this is way better than Pac's last 6 fights. JMM is one of my all time favorite fighters. But Pac should have been fighting young, legit up and comers for years now (as FMJ should have). Ramming Speed Bradley would have been a better choice at this point.

JMM certainly deserves his shot though.
Snoop
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 8 2011, 11:01 AM) *
Mayweather vs Ortiz is a shit fight. A win over Berto and suddenly this guy is a worthy opponent for floyd? You can make the argument floyd is returning after a lay off and deserves a tune up, but i sometimes wonder if this isnt the strategy for not fighting better competition.

Until FLoyd and Manny square off, neither guy gets a pass with lesser competition

I agreed that any fight involving Floyd and Manny not against each other is a disappointment. But Mayweather is taking more of a "2nd best fight out there" than Pacquiao is. That's all.
Cshel86
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 25 2011, 06:44 PM) *
When a fighter has another fighter's number, all that weight advantage/punching power becomes less of a factor and that fighter should never be dismissed at any given time unless he's washed up or totally shot. And the truth is, the size disparity isn't that much..

Well worded! If somebody has your number, then that's just that! dntknw.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 8 2011, 06:01 AM) *

Nobody is ever satisfied and Floyd NEVER gets the credit he deserves. What if he beats Ortiz, then "cherry picks" Martinez for his next fight? What if he picks Bradley after that? Then Khan? Yall are never gonna be happy with who he fights, regardless. Fact of the matter is, he may end up fighting fighters that Pac's promoter will never allow, and you all will watch a Mayweather fight regardless. Im a Pacquiao fan myself, but these guys talk up a fight with him just for the payday. After the opening bell, they feel his power, and forget what they came to do...leaving us with a lopsided beating or an opponent in survival mode. Just be happy that good fights are in the process of being made.
mgrover
fuck me I remember the days when fighters had to work for a championship fight in a new weight class. it seems anybody can now move up and down. marquez has no business in the welterweight division, the pacman will steam roll him. his one and only fight in this division he was dominated and finally styles do make fights and that's the only reason am buying it, scratch that I'll stream it from Justin.tv
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jun 9 2011, 10:06 AM) *
Nobody is ever satisfied and Floyd NEVER gets the credit he deserves. What if he beats Ortiz, then "cherry picks" Martinez for his next fight? What if he picks Bradley after that? Then Khan? Yall are never gonna be happy with who he fights, regardless. Fact of the matter is, he may end up fighting fighters that Pac's promoter will never allow, and you all will watch a Mayweather fight regardless. Im a Pacquiao fan myself, but these guys talk up a fight with him just for the payday. After the opening bell, they feel his power, and forget what they came to do...leaving us with a lopsided beating or an opponent in survival mode. Just be happy that good fights are in the process of being made.

When he beats Manny (if the fight ever happens), a lot of people (especially the media) will try to discredit Floyd by sayin' he was too big. It's always somethin'. Mark my words!
AussieLad
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jun 9 2011, 03:06 PM) *

LOL at the thought floyd would even get in the ring with Sergio HAHAHAHA classic
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 9 2011, 11:58 PM) *
LOL at the thought floyd would even get in the ring with Sergio HAHAHAHA classic

That would be a superfight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.