Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haye & Adamek: Who has a better shot in their upcoming bout?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
FinitoElDinamita
I think Adamek actually has a good chance at an upset and i wouldnt be that surprised if it happened. Father time can catch up to vitali at any time and he's lost a few steps based on what I saw in his last few fights. Adamek would have to execute his gameplan to a near perfection but i could see him outboxing Vitali to a decision.

I'm a big fan of Haye but I dont know what to make of this fight yet.. I wouldnt bet my house on him.

What about you fellas?
neophyte7
Adamek is cerebral. And his defense is probably the best in the division. Adamekl also has some decent feet and can use his legs. I have been watching this guy since he went to heavyweight and feel he is a legit threat to Vitali who will find Adamek the livest dog he has faced in a while...
lloyd mayflower
I think I give Adamek a shade more chance, due to the fact that Vitali hasnt really had a live opponent in a while and it was october last year since he even got some rounds in. I'm goin back and forward on lots os varying scenarios for Haye v Wlad, whereas Adamek v Vitali can really only be a Vitali jabfest, or Adamek making him look old and winning on the cards.
JONdaCON817
No question about it, Adamek... Ide wouldnt mind seeing both "Clits" lose tho..
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 25 2011, 04:13 PM) *
I wouldnt mind seeing both "Clits" lose tho..

Amen to that brotha!

I think BOTH have an excellent shot at pulling off an upset!

WOW...could you imgine if they both did and then told the Kilts to piss off on any rematches and then you could have Haye/Adamak for a HW unification bout....what an awesome matchup that would be.

That would be the BIGGEST breath of fresh air in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time!

I think Vitali has looked a little slow in some of his last few fights despite being in with corpses for the most part. Other than Solis, he has gone 8+ rounds with his last 8 opponents. He's 39.

I think a very skilled, defensive guy like Adamack could pull it off. Although I have not been impressed with his power at HW....Adamak has put together a VERY nice HW hit list in the last couple years that has included all that a guy would need to see when stepping in with one of the Klits. He's fought GIANT men like McBride and Grant to get a feel for the height.....he fought hard power punchers in Arreola and Golota....so he has tasted hard HW power. Although I could knit pick flaws in all of that opposition, it's better than most have put together, including the Klits themselves in the time period AND when you consider how shallow the division is...I CANNOT hold too much against him in terms of the age and skills of some of those I listed.

And to be honest....I really don't see a (by fight time) 40 year old Vitali being the HUGE threat he's alwas been considered. He has looked slow and has not been in with a live body since MAYBE Sosnowski....so I can see the age and even ring rust being a factor with an active HW that Adamak will no doubt be!

Haye on the other hand has a very good shot too. I think all of his BS spewing has really gotten under the bros. skin....enough to where I do think Wlad may be just the tiniest more open due to maybe trying to hurt Haye early, that he himself may get caught.

Again I see Haye's fight with Valuev as invaluable in terms of already being in with a HUGE man....it will not be SO overwhelming when the night comes.

Sure we all know Valuev does not bring even the smallest of skill and ability and work rate that Wlad does...BUT...at the very least Haye will have seen the Height before. I've often thought that is an aspect that caused a LOT of guys to freeze up like deer in headlights when they got in with the Klits. that will not be an aspect this time.

And once again...you have to go back to 2008 in Thompson to find the last fight where a guy really made an effort and actually fought Wlad. That's 3 years of not being in with a viable live body...and I really do NOT look for Haye to set outside all night like most, I think he's too smart for that. Even if it means getting KO'd...I think he will bring it for sure with all of the mess he has run his mouth about...PLUS that's the only way to make the stock you put into all of the shit talking pay off!

AND of course there is always the GF aspect with that blonde of Wlad's....for any of you that are in your mid 30's and have dated a MUCh younger woman...you know what I speak of....come fight night he may be too damn tired! lol

One thing is for sure....they will both be interesting....which is something Klitchko bouts have not been in some time!

gravytrain
i think Adamek gives the better fight. Vitali is more willing to exchange and Adamek can use his movement and try to outbox the bigger Vitali. i think Haye will have a hard time getting past Wlad's jab and only really have a nice 20 seconds out of the 3 minute rounds. i expect to see Wlad keep that lead hand out and tie up a lot.
salvador
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 25 2011, 04:42 PM) *

Given your focus on the division, I find it interesting/incredible that you think either guy has any chance whatsoever. I just don't see it. Both Haye and Adamek are going to look like every other Klit opponent - small and incapable of getting past those jabs. Obviously if Brewster can land a shot so can Haye, but I just don't see Haye being able to take even one of Wlad's straight right hands and Adamek isn't dynamic enough to overcome the size/power/jab advantage of Vitali. And Adamek has absolutely no chance of hurting Vitali. The only way Vitali loses is by injury (knee, shoulder ect.).

I think both fights are blowouts unless Haye runs all night and potshots his way to an 8-4 type of loss.
King Eugene
I think both have a good shot at the upset with Haye having a better shot early on. Wlad's chin hasn't been tested in a while and I think if Haye can get to it that will make things interesting. Adamek is NOT going to outbox Vitali nor get even close to him. Adamek is a good boxer but dont think he'll be aggressive enough to get inside. I mean hell the last time a live body tried to bring the fight to Vitali was Arreola and we all know how that turned out. I know styles make fights but Arreola gave Adamek a damn good scrap...he wont come close to Vitali.
bosco
I think they both have an excellent chance with a little advantage to Haye because of his punching power and wlads chin. They can do well as long as they make being the smaller fighter their advantage instead of their disadvantage. They can't go in there fighting like a heavyweight and stand in front of the Klits trying to trade. They have to move a lot and give the Klits a lot of angles. They have to use a fast up jab. It's hard for a tall fighter to see that punch coming from low like that. Guys coming from the lower weight classes have more skills than heavyweights so if they put those skills on display and run off 3 and 4 + punch combinations then they can pull it off.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (salvador @ May 25 2011, 07:38 PM) *
Given your focus on the division, I find it interesting/incredible that you think either guy has any chance whatsoever. I just don't see it. Both Haye and Adamek are going to look like every other Klit opponent - small and incapable of getting past those jabs. Obviously if Brewster can land a shot so can Haye, but I just don't see Haye being able to take even one of Wlad's straight right hands and Adamek isn't dynamic enough to overcome the size/power/jab advantage of Vitali. And Adamek has absolutely no chance of hurting Vitali. The only way Vitali loses is by injury (knee, shoulder ect.).

I think both fights are blowouts unless Haye runs all night and potshots his way to an 8-4 type of loss.

WHY? For sure in the case of Vitali.

If you want to get down to bare basics....I give Haye a shot becuase I have NEVER trusted Wlad's chin, just because he has gotten better at hiding it against crap opposition does not mean it is better.....we all know Haye can punch....

THUS...he has a shot....whatsoever.

And Vitali will be 40 on fight night....again with the rare literal handful of fighters, I have never trusted any age at the late 30's-early 40's. Vitali has looked slow and looks like he was losing a step in his last few fights. With a defensive guy that can pop and run, and I think do it all night....I would not be surprised if Adamack simply popshots his way to a decesion victory, sure he can get caught but I don't think Vitali punches any harder at 40 than Arreola punches and although Adamack was hurt in tha fight.....he stood up....so I don't think Vitali's percieved power is what people make it out to be.

The last 8 fighters that have made it past 8 rounds with Vitali it could all be argued were not as skilled as Adamack...I see no reason to think adamack has zero shot.

Although i realize it's a tough assignment for both guys, I would not in the least be surprised for sure with one upset....but by either really.
AussieLad
Haye easily.

Haye has the speed and power and is facing a chinny guy.

Adamek is going to take a beating.

Still, i dont see either adamek or haye winning.
The Original MrFactor
Haye has a better chance because he's bigger, faster and more powerful than Adamek. Plus he's fighting the perceived lesser of the 2 Klitschko's.

Vitaly will put his hand on Adamek's forehead and let him swing away until he gets tired. then he'll pull the trigger and KO him. The size difference between Adamek and Vitaly will be obscene. Adamek has no shot, but he earned his way to the opportunity. He a very good little man, but that wont enough beat a very good big man. It may actually be a decent fight because Adamek will take chances and keep trying. He wont win though.
Warlord
Haye has the better chance at the upset, because Wlad has the weaker chin of the two (Klit bros).

With Vitali's chin, reach, and power, Adamek has to be perfect for 12 entire rounds to pull off the upset.

Haye only has to be lucky.
Warlord
I don't even see how it's a debate.
JONdaCON817
Amen to that brotha!

WOW...could you imgine if they both did and then told the Kilts to piss off on any rematches and then you could have Haye/Adamak for a HW unification bout....what an awesome matchup that would be.

Then after they both lose thier belts you force them to retire or fight each other...lmao...

*sighs* ohhh wishful thinkin..lol
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 26 2011, 04:23 AM) *
Haye has the better chance at the upset, because Wlad has the weaker chin of the two (Klit bros).

With Vitali's chin, reach, and power, Adamek has to be perfect for 12 entire rounds to pull off the upset.

Haye only has to be lucky.

but when fighting guys like this would you rather have a strong offense or defense? its hard to beat someone you cant hit... not sayin this is the case with Adamek but Haye being more offensive minded it may cause some trouble.. but then again he could get that luccy shot in.. everyone has a punchers chance.. but thats where im at a crossroads...
bosco
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 26 2011, 09:51 AM) *
but when fighting guys like this would you rather have a strong offense or defense? its hard to beat someone you cant hit... not sayin this is the case with Adamek but Haye being more offensive minded it may cause some trouble.. but then again he could get that luccy shot in.. everyone has a punchers chance.. but thats where im at a crossroads...

What the hell is wrong with you!!! Theres no such thing as a lucky punch in boxing.
Big Slim Sweet
Haye's best chance is to come in guns blazing and land something big early.

Adamek's best chance is if Vitali gets old and/or injured.

Haye has a better chance, but it ain't much.
Jack 1000

WOW...could you imagine if they both did and then told the Kilts to piss off on any rematches and then you could have Haye/Adamek for a HW unification bout....what an awesome match-up that would be.

One thing is for sure....they will both be interesting....which is something Klitchko bouts have not been in some time!

I agree with the above and I think Adamek might pull off the upset. Adamek-Vitali is in Poland, so he will have the home court advantage with 50,000+ strong! That stadium is going to be ELECTRIC! Adamek is always an entertaining fighter to watch. He will be busy and give Vitali things to think about that he perhaps hasn't had to think about since Vitali's fight with Lewis, the last time Vitali went to war. Vitali also has a better chin than Wlad.

Wlad-Haye is interesting because it is a unification. I just don't know if it will be exciting. That all depends on David. If he is all mouth and no fight, it will be a HUGE letdown. I hope Haye does not fuck this up, because if he does, HBO, (who is not found of the Klitschkos because of boring fights in the past,) might not show Vitali-Adamek. So boxing NEEDS both of these fights to be good. David, please fight with your fists and not your mouth. Adamek will fight, will Haye?

Why do I see Wlad-Haye as a sparring session once Haye gets hurt? Damn it! That's the vision that I have. I hope Wlad lights a fire under Haye's ass about how boring his fights have been. Winning the title from Valuev was a shitty fight and that that disgrace against Audley Harrison! Against rumors that David carried him. It would be funny to see Haye and Wlad in a stare-down, and Wlad just smacks him one! LOL! Haye a lot of times does not always back up what he says.

I really hope that there is an upset where BOTH brothers are dethroned, not because I dislike them. However, boxing needs fresh air in its heavyweight ranks, and as long as both brothers are world champions, there will never be an undisputed heavyweight champion again.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 29 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Neither do I.

Haye has a glass chin's chance.

Adamek has near 0 chance beyond injury to VitKlit.

Exactly.
gravytrain
i give Adamek the better shot since i know he can try to be evasive and land his shots. that and he can stick to a game plan. with Haye i think he'll be fighting apprehensive and end up just being stuck behind Wlad's jab.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.