Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fight hype not BIAS?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kdd
of course they cant see it..its like asking a hooker were you bias? no...but your still sucking dick..

but seriously..i love that they got that "interview" he had the right to say his piece..even tho its filled with lies..seriously tho...whats wrong with these ppl on the forum..why are they so dumb?

Ross greenburg..yes hbo exec. came out and confirmed that everything was resolved and the drug issue wasnt an issue no more..all they needed was floyd's signature but they backed out and said there were no 2nd negotiations .They went on their lil vacation.

Did this event never happened? did they forget? all they needed was his SIGNATURE.... (a signed contract)seriously..no they denied it and basically came out and said ross greenburg lied..isnt that absurd?

sad part is floyd fan's will believe that..
bosco
QUOTE (kdd @ May 25 2011, 08:09 PM) *
of course they cant see it..its like asking a hooker were you bias? no...but your still sucking dick..

but seriously..i love that they got that "interview" he had the right to say his piece..even tho its filled with lies..seriously tho...whats wrong with these ppl on the forum..why are they so dumb?

Ross greenburg..yes hbo exec. came out and confirmed that everything was resolved and the drug issue wasnt an issue no more..all they needed was floyd's signature but they backed out and said there were no 2nd negotiations .They went on their lil vacation.

Did this event never happened? did they forget? all they needed was his SIGNATURE.... (a signed contract)seriously..no they denied it and basically came out and said ross greenburg lied..isnt that absurd?

Ross Greenburg..Hbo exec...who gives a damn who he is. What makes his word bond? He could've been rubbing elbows with Arum then or upset that Floyd wouldn't budge. Bob Arum should've been a baseball pitcher because he throws a helluva curve ball and keep guys like kdd swinging at them. When you have 1 person saying one thing and another person saying a different story then the truth is normally somewhere in the middle. But you have to be a complete moron to believe that a boxing promoter who's job is to make people pay for his product is being completely truthful...Think about it
Hops
Every writer is biased. It's as simple as that. Fighthype is biased. Towards Floyd, of course. The Examiner site is biased towards Packy. There is nothing wrong with that.

A lot of "reporters" have already interviewed Packy and it showed it was easy to elicit direct answers from him. Maybe FightHype would want to get "up close and personal" with Packy, too.
caneman

LET IT GO BRO, IF THIS SHIT AIN'T SIGNED ON A CONTRACT IT DON'T MATTER!!!! THE FIGHT MAY NEVER HAPPEN!!!!
Hops
Bosco,

Ross Greenburg is simply a GoldenBoy nuthugger. Why would he lie in favor of Arum? It was probably Greenburg who pissed off Arum and made him leave temporarily.
gravytrain
QUOTE (kdd @ May 25 2011, 09:09 PM) *

Greenburg confirmed that Mayweather was contacted.
bosco
QUOTE (Hops @ May 25 2011, 08:37 PM) *
Bosco,

Ross Greenburg is simply a GoldenBoy nuthugger. Why would he lie in favor of Arum? It was probably Greenburg who pissed off Arum and made him leave temporarily.

Ross Greenburg could've been been upset that floyd camp wouldn't participate in negotiations. Like I said the truth probably is somewhere in the middle. Arum and Haymon could have possibly talked about the fight but did they sit down at the table and try to put it together...Haymon says no. During the initial negotiations floyd said random drug tests up to 14 days before the fight and Pac said no..he wanted 24 day cut off date. 10 days caused the fight not to happen. 2nd time around Arum says ok we'll agree to 14 day cut off and all the terms of the original contract but Floyd said too late..He now wants random testing all the way up to the fight and if team Pacman is not coming to the table with that then theres no reason to talk. That's where it all ended.
D-MARV
LMAO at Fighthype being Floyd biased.

Walstan86
QUOTE (bosco @ May 25 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Floyd now wants random testing all the way up to the fight and if team Pacman is not coming to the table with that then theres no reason to talk. That's where it all ended.

Well, no, brother Bosco. That's not where it "all ended" because now Pacquiao is going around saying he'll take whatever tests Floyd wants. Seems Floyd would be interested to know that, right? So can we get someone to tell him--give him a chance to respond?
BoxingStill#1
So because fighthype gets an exclusive interview we are bias?

Lame thread....

Especially about an issue that is on going....

Let's start talking about the negotiations when they actually take place...
BoxingStill#1
Box in Hand

Man get a fucking life! Stop orbiting Paquiao's balls and come back to Earth.
Sicko
the fact that they don't post ANTI-MAYWEATHER ARTICLES because it gets the Pacquiao Fans Panties Moist is why they are not AS BIASED AS OTHER SITES IMO

I feel now what we are getting is a bunch of sites that USE TO BE RESPECTABLE AND UNBIASED...they are now basically CHOOSING SIDES and because Pacquiao fans are MORE ACTIVE on these Forums and other BOXING ONLINE COMMUNITIES, now you have a bunch of PHONIES and FAKES, people who are afraid to give their honest OPINION (ESPECIALLY ABOUT PACQUIAO) because they are AFRAID of the backlash they will get from it...so instead they just attack Mayweather or they just attack Manny's opponent

For Example the Recent Mosley vs Manny fight...instead of telling it like it really is and CRITICIZING Arum and Manny for choosing to fight a Guy that looked HORRIBLE HIS LAST TWO FIGHTS...what articles did you mostly see after that fight? A BUNCH OF SHANE MOSLEY BASHING ARTICLES!
noWAYnoHOW
what makes me think fight hype is not bias is the fact that when that fake manny article was going around, (floyd and shane posted it on twitter). Fight hype didn't report on it on there site, atleast i don't think they didn't. And the mainstream media is on pac nuts, pac has espn in his pocket, more people go to espn then they do this site, so if you ask me if there bias i wouldn't care. it'll be just evening the playing field. Floyds the most openly bashed fighter in the history of the sport this decade. And the 2nd negotiations took place before the marg fight and on 24/7 pac people said they agree to everything except 7 days before the fight, that tells me there still wanting cut off, and guys keep forgetting this.
noWAYnoHOW
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 25 2011, 09:46 PM) *
Man get a fucking life! Stop orbiting Paquiao's balls and come back to Earth.

right, most of the world is hanging from pacman nuts and people get crazy mad when teddy atlas bashes manny, but its okay for the rest of espn to praise him.
Walstan86
You know, if this site was really pro-Floyd then there wouldn't be that story right now on the front page of the day that Paul Spadafora beat the shiat out of him.
kdd
QUOTE (bosco @ May 25 2011, 09:31 PM) *
Ross Greenburg..Hbo exec...who gives a damn who he is. What makes his word bond? He could've been rubbing elbows with Arum then or upset that Floyd wouldn't budge. Bob Arum should've been a baseball pitcher because he throws a helluva curve ball and keep guys like kdd swinging at them. When you have 1 person saying one thing and another person saying a different story then the truth is normally somewhere in the middle. But you have to be a complete moron to believe that a boxing promoter who's job is to make people pay for his product is being completely truthful...Think about it

you see what im talking about..its absurd..they would rather come up with these crazy conspiracy theory to justify their means..its crazy..
kdd
QUOTE (Hops @ May 25 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Every writer is biased. It's as simple as that. Fighthype is biased. Towards Floyd, of course. The Examiner site is biased towards Packy. There is nothing wrong with that.

A lot of "reporters" have already interviewed Packy and it showed it was easy to elicit direct answers from him. Maybe FightHype would want to get "up close and personal" with Packy, too.

i dont even readd examiner. that page is so biased..its pure garbage
FightHypeRules
Fighthype Biased ? Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Just cause YOU didn't get the exclusive interview with Mayweather, don't go hating on those who do. This is the only site providing Floyd's point of view, every other site only shows the ANTI-Floyd side.

So one side shows Floyd's side, and they're biased? smh.

King Eugene
Man what have the Fighthype message boards come to?

Snoop
QUOTE (kdd @ May 26 2011, 01:09 AM) *

I think you're confusing stupidity with "nobody giving a fuck anymore". I swear, this is the most tired topic on this board.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 25 2011, 11:45 PM) *
Man what have the Fighthype message boards come to?

And just the other day we were lamenting the lack of new posters............ laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
I don't always agree with Ben but people need to back the fuck up.

Here is a guy giving unlimited free content on a brilliant website working his cock off to give fans a inside view of fighters & insiders opinions & you want to rag on it? I have seen far lesser sites charge for far shittier content.

For fucks sake. I hate Floyd & I know Ben has to behave a certain way to get the access he needs to provide the stories he does. So what. I deal with national & global clients & yeah sometimes I have to stroke their ego to get them to sign a contract & that is part of doing business.

Keep up the good work Ben because you & your team do a great job. I have stopped caring about boxing by & large these days but don't shoot the messenger.

I am not very computer savvy but to run a website & constantly update it takes time & money so be fucking grateful for what you get.

The old timers here will know what I mean (I hope).
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 26 2011, 12:14 PM) *
I don't always agree with Ben but people need to back the fuck up.

Here is a guy giving unlimited free content on a brilliant website working his cock off to give fans a inside view of fighters & insiders opinions & you want to rag on it? I have seen far lesser sites charge for far shittier content.

For fucks sake. I hate Floyd & I know Ben has to behave a certain way to get the access he needs to provide the stories he does. So what. I deal with national & global clients & yeah sometimes I have to stroke their ego to get them to sign a contract & that is part of doing business.

Keep up the good work Ben because you & your team do a great job. I have stopped caring about boxing by & large these days but don't shoot the messenger.

I am not very computer savvy but to run a website & constantly update it takes time & money so be fucking grateful for what you get.

The old timers here will know what I mean (I hope).

+1

I've never seen so many people ungrateful for free exclusive shit. Judge it all you want, but acknowledge that the option is there to have it. In the end it's like TV. If you don't like what you see, change the channel.
Method
QUOTE (kdd @ May 25 2011, 09:09 PM) *
of course they cant see it..its like asking a hooker were you bias? no...but your still sucking dick...

Must've missed the correlation there.
jlupi
In fairness it was a friendly interview w floyd not a grilling, which prob gets fighthype shut out. Floyd is presenting his views, im sure ben would tell you all other participants are welcome to do the same.
Walstan86
I think an exclusive Floyd interview is better than no Floyd interview. Now, the quality of the interview itself is something people can debate. That's fine. But I don't think sweeping conclusions can be fairly drawn from it.
Hops
Pactards may be lambasting FightHype but the truth is they're really grateful for the interviews. Why? Because Floyd keeps contradicting himself big time.

Floyd closed his doors to other boxing sites because he claimed they're twisting his words. But even a very casual nice-atmosphere interview by FH only managed to bring him deeper in the "he's ducking" theory.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (bosco @ May 25 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Ross Greenburg could've been been upset that floyd camp wouldn't participate in negotiations. Like I said the truth probably is somewhere in the middle. Arum and Haymon could have possibly talked about the fight but did they sit down at the table and try to put it together...Haymon says no. During the initial negotiations floyd said random drug tests up to 14 days before the fight and Pac said no..he wanted 24 day cut off date. 10 days caused the fight not to happen. 2nd time around Arum says ok we'll agree to 14 day cut off and all the terms of the original contract but Floyd said too late..He now wants random testing all the way up to the fight and if team Pacman is not coming to the table with that then theres no reason to talk. That's where it all ended.

ayy bro listen to your logic... if you told someone take a piss test this day and they say "nahh i dont want to but i swear i dont smoke no weed"... then they come bacc a couple months later and say "ight im ready for that piss test you wanted".. ide tell them to go fucc themselves too... this is juss my thinkin but thats pretty fishy, NOW you wanna agree? why not agree the first time.. what was you hiding then that your not hiding now? and unless ive missed it and plz correct me if i did, i havent even heard Pac defend himself during these accusations.. everyone wonders why May doesnt respond which is possibly just but i also wonder why Pac doesnt personally respond.. that foo juss sits and smiles. idkk..

they need to have a pac vs may face off... have both of them fools sit face to face and argue they shyt out with someone being a mediator.. someone who ISNT Biased to either one.. and i personally dont think Fighthype is Biased at all.. they do a hell of a job relying EXACTLY what a person says without changing anything.. thats why i read them over anyone else.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Method @ May 26 2011, 08:28 AM) *
Must've missed the correlation there.

lol... Me too...

i like gettin my dicc succed... but i dont succ dicc... does that make me BIASED? or Hypocritical?...lmao
Walstan86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 26 2011, 11:28 AM) *
they need to have a pac vs may face off... have both of them fools sit face to face and agree they shyt out with someone being a mediator.. someone who ISNT Biased to either one.. and i personally dont think Fighthype is Biased at all.. they do a hell of a job relying EXACTLY what a person says without changing anything.. thats why i read them over everyone else.

Anything that moves the storyline forward would be welcomed. No point in rehashing the past. So far, we have 1) Floyd demanding, and 2) Pac conceding. The next step is Floyd's to take--i.e., say something--anything. Keep it moving forward. No judgment. No criticism. No penalty. Just hit that ball back.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ May 26 2011, 10:38 AM) *
Anything that moves the storyline forward would be welcomed. No point in rehashing the past. So far, we have 1) Floyd demanding, and 2) Pac conceding. The next step is Floyd's to take--i.e., say something--anything. Keep it moving forward. No judgment. No criticism. No penalty. Just hit that ball back.

He needs to get his ass bacc in the ring!!
Walstan86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 26 2011, 11:08 AM) *
He needs to get his ass bacc in the ring!!

That would be something.
bosco
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ May 26 2011, 10:38 AM) *

Floyds the fighter..its not his job to do the negotiating. Thats Al Haymans job. What they say to the media and what they say at the negotiation table are 2 completely things. They can say we agree to everything to the media but during negotiations it's a different story and that goes for both sides. Like Floyd said when he was with Top Rank Arum said he was the greatest thing since Ali..he was the best in the world but once he left Top Rank Arum says he's scared and he ducked fighters his whole career...Kinda like Lebron...Cleveland was begging him to stay and he made the franchise hundreds of millions but once he decides to move on the Cavs owner called him a coward and a quitter. If he was a coward and a quitter why the hell was you trying to convince him to stay so bad? Arum does the same thing and Floyd smartened up and Arum can't stand it.
Method
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 26 2011, 11:31 AM) *
lol... Me too...

i like gettin my dicc succed... but i dont succ dicc... does that make me BIASED? or Hypocritical?...lmao

Yeah, I have no fucking idea what the tie-in there was.
Walstan86
QUOTE (bosco @ May 26 2011, 01:32 PM) *
What they say to the media and what they say at the negotiation table are 2 completely things.

I think the opposite is true. It makes it a thousand times harder for a party who has repeatedly "committed" to a public position to then take a different position in private. I can't see anyone doing that without suffering a severe backlash in the media. And for someone like Pacquiao who values and protects his reputation as being an honest, "gentleman" fighter, it would be an inexplicably bizarre and stupid move to backtrack from his words.

So here we have Pacquiao repeatedly saying in public that he'll agree to any testing Floyd wants. And from Floyd...there is nothing. Just silence. Now, like I've said, maybe Floyd just plain doesn't know that Pac has caved on the testing issue, and that's why we haven't heard anything. Well fer chrissakes, will someone please tell him???
bosco
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ May 26 2011, 02:12 PM) *
I think the opposite is true. It makes it a thousand times harder for a party who has repeatedly "committed" to a public position to then take a different position in private. I can't see anyone doing that without suffering a severe backlash in the media. And for someone like Pacquiao who values and protects his reputation as being an honest, "gentleman" fighter, it would be an inexplicably bizarre and stupid move to backtrack from his words.

So here we have Pacquiao repeatedly saying in public that he'll agree to any testing Floyd wants. And from Floyd...there is nothing. Just silence. Now, like I've said, maybe Floyd just plain doesn't know that Pac has caved on the testing issue, and that's why we haven't heard anything. Well fer chrissakes, will someone please tell him???

You're too gullible. The media doesn't see what goes on at the negotiating table so it's easy to lie about whats being said. Before Pacman beat Mosley Arum already had made an offer to Marquez. Does that sound like he's chasing Floyd? Arum wants no part of Mayweather... Not Yet. Arum knows that if he put Pac in with Mayweather now and Pac loses decisively thats the end of his cash cow. Instead he puts Pacquiao in there with lesser opponents to make maximum money and then when pac is ready to quit or is losing momentum then call out Mayweather. If you notice...neither Arum or Pacquiao are calling Mayweather out. They know that if Pacquiao is juicing then when he fights Mayweather he won't be able to juice because of Floyds drug testing demands.
Walstan86
QUOTE (bosco @ May 26 2011, 02:51 PM) *
You're too gullible. The media doesn't see what goes on at the negotiating table so it's easy to lie about whats being said. Before Pacman beat Mosley Arum already had made an offer to Marquez. Does that sound like he's chasing Floyd? Arum wants no part of Mayweather... Not Yet. Arum knows that if he put Pac in with Mayweather now and Pac loses decisively thats the end of his cash cow. Instead he puts Pacquiao in there with lesser opponents to make maximum money and then when pac is ready to quit or is losing momentum then call out Mayweather. If you notice...neither Arum or Pacquiao are calling Mayweather out. They know that if Pacquiao is juicing then when he fights Mayweather he won't be able to juice because of Floyds drug testing demands.

You went back to the past again. What Arum did... what Pac did.... The important thing, imo, is what Floyd says now about Pac's public agreement to the testing. Floyd's response--whatever it may be--will dictate the path this story takes going forward. So let's fookin 'ave it. lol
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Walstan86 @ May 26 2011, 09:54 AM) *
I think an exclusive Floyd interview is better than no Floyd interview. Now, the quality of the interview itself is something people can debate. That's fine. But I don't think sweeping conclusions can be fairly drawn from it.

I think that's a fair assessment. Firstly as Hype has reiterated it is not an interview more an expose. Unless you're a major network player and Floyd needs you to push a product/fight then he doesn't really do interviews with anyone.

Myself I don't care much for all the PBF behind-the-scenes stuff being posted on the front page but hey if your a Floyd fan it's gold. I can only imagine how I would feel Hype was doing something similar with say Tyson, I would be glued.

It's certainly bumped FH's profile and that's nothing less than Ben (and the team) deserves for the tireless work they put in. I hope it's generated some good revenue for them as well. It has made the forums a little unruly and I seem to see just an absolute deluge of Pac/May threads that to be honest have already been done to death in this forum for some months now.

However I think this should die down after a little while and something the mod's can probably smooth out as we go.

So take these Floyd lifestyle pieces for what they are. Some harmless fluff that allows Mayweather fans to see Floyd behind-the-scenes (for free) and for some Floyd bashers, like myself, the chance to take the piss out of his orange shorts laugh.gif

To be honest I think the only people who know the whole truth about negotiations are Pac, Arum, Haymon and Floyd. I'm not sure we'll ever know exactly how this has played out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.