Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Atlas Foundation: In-depth interview with Teddy Atlas and his true thoughts about Pacman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
FinitoElDinamita
" There are hundreds of fighters out there from the Golden Years of Boxing who would easily beat him "

laugh.gif Teddy was never exactly a fan of Pacman, was he? He makes alot of interesting points here.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Tyler052511.htm
leonthegee
Here come the hate post in

Doesnt Teddy know that Manny is teflon. Lololol
Nevermind the fact that hes right.
caneman
QUOTE (leonthegee @ May 26 2011, 05:32 AM) *
Here come the hate post in

Doesnt Teddy know that Manny is teflon. Lololol
Nevermind the fact that hes right.

LOL! Well I think there is a few problems and BTW Teddy is right, but I think there is only 1 fighter that will test Pacman and we know who that is and really, I don't think they are gonna fight for some reason! i can't believe I am saying that the 2 best fighters in the world, both @ the same weight won't make the fight! IDK but I hate it this shit!!!
Hops
Hahaha! So much hate. Probably as a result of him being wrong in his predictions involving Packy. You could replace Pacman with any boxer's name and Teddy would still be right. The only part I didn't like was when he said Packy must fight Martinez.
noWAYnoHOW
QUOTE (Hops @ May 26 2011, 07:09 AM) *
Hahaha! So much hate. Probably as a result of him being wrong in his predictions involving Packy. You could replace Pacman with any boxer's name and Teddy would still be right. The only part I didn't like was when he said Packy must fight Martinez.

lol, teddy sees through the bullshit. while other reporters are dangling from pacman nuts, teddy saw how flawed pac opponents were when they stepped in the ring.
Box in Hand
Good article. Any man brave enough to pull a gun on a young Mike Tyson and not fear any get back ain't scared to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. Too bad most can't see it though.
Prov0
Great Article! finally somene with great boxing knoledge comes out and speaks the truth. i totally agree with the part about Mayweather about bob not making the fight not happen because Floyd hasnt showed any flaws
FinitoElDinamita
This man never holds back and is not afraid to speak the truth. He's not one of those politically correct at-all-times coward so ive always liked him. Heres' another video of him stating how Pacman isn't in his top 25 ATG list..

Edit: Never get Skip Bayless involved in a Boxing conversation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPEXF1jDovI
terp
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 26 2011, 12:35 PM) *
This man never holds back and is not afraid to speak the truth. He's not one of those politically correct at-all-times coward so ive always liked him. Heres' another video of him stating how Pacman isn't in his top 25 ATG list..

interesting note: he ranks pac "a little bit" higher than floyd on the list (@2:44 on the video)
Snoop
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ May 26 2011, 06:35 PM) *

Skip Bayless needs to STFU when it comes to boxing, especially when he can't even pronounce "Cotto" properly.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Is Teddy Atlas simply trying to discredit Manny's accomplishments, or is he speaking his mind about an open subject? the answer to that question depends on who you ask. If you ask me, I'd say he's speaking his piece on an open book. Teddy Atlas would have very little negative things to say about Manny Pacquiao if he was doing things in a more respectable manner.
EVERY SINGLE THING THAT TEDDY ATLAS SAID IN HIS INTERVIEW WITH DOGHOUSE BOXING IS SPOT ON ACCURATE. There can be no misunderstanding the facts. If he's cherry picking and waiting for fighters to slow down before he takes them on, then I'd have to say that he is not living up to the full potential of a pound for pound top fighter. Msot of you pactards would say that I am jealous of Manny's accomplishments. I simply can not wrap my head around that concept. Whom so ever is on top of the sport and providing the goods, is a fighter that I would praise. I just have a problem with the over praising. How much credit does Manny deserve for defeating the likes of Clottey, Margarito, and Mosley? How much credit does he deserve for taking on fighters after they have been thoroughly defeated or knocked out? Teddy Atlas is a trusted figure in the boxing community. For you pactards to imply that Dr. Atlas is jealous or malicious, is mentally flawed.
caneman
There is already a thread on this dude! http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=26965

AngronWorldEater
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ May 28 2011, 03:56 PM) *
Is Teddy Atlas simply trying to discredit Manny's accomplishments, or is he speaking his mind about an open subject? the answer to that question depends on who you ask. If you ask me, I'd say he's speaking his piece on an open book. Teddy Atlas would have very little negative things to say about Manny Pacquiao if he was doing things in a more respectable manner.
EVERY SINGLE THING THAT TEDDY ATLAS SAID IN HIS INTERVIEW WITH DOGHOUSE BOXING IS SPOT ON ACCURATE. There can be no misunderstanding the facts. If he's cherry picking and waiting for fighters to slow down before he takes them on, then I'd have to say that he is not living up to the full potential of a pound for pound top fighter. Msot of you pactards would say that I am jealous of Manny's accomplishments. I simply can not wrap my head around that concept. Whom so ever is on top of the sport and providing the goods, is a fighter that I would praise. I just have a problem with the over praising. How much credit does Manny deserve for defeating the likes of Clottey, Margarito, and Mosley? How much credit does he deserve for taking on fighters after they have been thoroughly defeated or knocked out? Teddy Atlas is a trusted figure in the boxing community. For you pactards to imply that Dr. Atlas is jealous or malicious, is mentally flawed.

Why are we assuming that Teddy is objective anyways? They guy recently said that if Pacquiao fought Sergio Martinez, then he would believe... This is not an objective statement. I don't think it's "malice" either, like everyone else Teddy has an agenda, there are gains to taking a contrary view on a given subject.

I really question the "knowledge" you pachaters. What boxing fan in his right mind would call, fighting Miguel Cotto, Joshua Clottey, Antonio Margarito? Cherry Picking??? Only Pacquiao would ever be accused of cherry picking that opponent line-up. What you're really saying, is that Pacquiao is so good, his talent level is so far above, that he can be accused of cherry picking, even though his opponents have a solid history of being upper tier fighters. Clottey has been in there with Diego Coralles, Margarito, Zab Judah, Miguel Cotto.

And for this recent knockouts BS. Think on this, before Ali beat Frazier for Ali/Frazier II, George Foreman absolutely destroyed Frazier, simply unmanned him. Should we say Ali cherry picked a weakened Frazier? Can you answer that, with any degree of honesty?
The CEO
QUOTE (caneman @ May 28 2011, 05:10 PM) *
There is already a thread on this dude! http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=26965

Taken care of...

and I approve of Atlas' take...
FinitoElDinamita
Atlas is right spot on..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.