Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feed back On Unfinished JMM Poster
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
noWAYnoHOW
please give feed back.

Snoop
Again nice work. IMO there is a lot of empty space in the top left corner, maybe that can be filled by increasing the font or something? I'm not a graphic designer by any means, but it's something that caught my eye. Love the concepts behind these posters though. Keep up the good work.
kidbazooka1
Nice i like it.
caneman
I like it very much! We won't see a lot more of the old warrior chances are!
noWAYnoHOW
QUOTE (noWAYnoHOW @ May 26 2011, 11:01 AM) *
please give feed back.

nice advice, someone else told me about the left aswell. i was thinking about putting in his record or what not, fill that spot with text.

thanks for the feed back.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 27 2011, 04:25 AM) *
I like it, but to be honest I preffered your other posters more. I know this is unfinished, but the other ones that I liked so much is they were a bit abstract and very unique with some of the graphic design you used.
This one doesn't quite separate them from the rest like your other ones, not quite as unique. Sorry, I hope you don't take any offence to this. I do think it's good, I just liked the more abstrat design on your other ones. It just looked more unique and original. I really liked the themes of the previous posters you did. Good job on them though, so don't take offence to this constructive criticism.

If you plan to add more stuff and make it more like the other ones, apologies.

The other ones definitely had this mechanical demonic theme going to them where it felt you were making some sort of statement about each fighter. This one is more straight forward.
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 26 2011, 04:13 PM) *
Again nice work. IMO there is a lot of empty space in the top left corner, maybe that can be filled by increasing the font or something? I'm not a graphic designer by any means, but it's something that caught my eye. Love the concepts behind these posters though. Keep up the good work.

QUOTE (noWAYnoHOW @ May 26 2011, 10:22 PM) *
nice advice, someone else told me about the left aswell. i was thinking about putting in his record or what not, fill that spot with text.

thanks for the feed back.

Don't listen to him. Snoop is Asian. Asians are great at math and video games, but they don't know shit about art.

laugh.gif

Empty space is good. It draws your eye to the center of the poster, where the action is. My only advice is to switch the "fight hard" and "win big" locations. I found my eye moving to "win big" immediately after "train hard", when it should be the pay off at the end. I think you were going for the clockwise reading, but switching those might flow more naturally.
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 27 2011, 03:47 AM) *
Don't listen to him. Snoop is Asian. Asians are great at math and video games, but they don't know shit about art.

laugh.gif

Empty space is good. It draws your eye to the center of the poster, where the action is. My only advice is to switch the "fight hard" and "win big" locations. I found my eye moving to "win big" immediately after "train hard", when it should be the pay off at the end. I think you were going for the clockwise reading, but switching those might flow more naturally.

laugh.gif

Hey! We invented the shit to do graphic design! But you're right, the placement or colors of the quotes, something made me read them out of order.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (noWAYnoHOW @ May 26 2011, 09:01 AM) *
please give feed back.

Haven't seen your other work yet. I appreciate that you have chosen to be creative.

#1. I think you are telling way too much and the show (the visuals) are obscured. Put the title of your piece in small print below your name, and show us what you are trying say.

#2. The middle of the poster is problematic for me but may convey exactly what you are trying to say. The graphic of JMM looking to the sky toward the upper left-hand corner of the Poster (where the title resides) is the reason attention is driven to the not quite empty space. The largest graphic is looking off in the opposite direction, off the poster. This leads a decent portion of the viewing public to move on.

Both of those graphics are poorly placed and probably need to be re-sized. It almost looks like JMM is sitting naked in a steam room. The proof is hidden by a smaller JMM looking off into space.

Are you trying to tell us that JMM is hiding something?

I'm not condemning your piece. These are just my first impressions.

Why not try the largest graphic a bit smaller and in the upper left-hand corner, the graphic in the bottom right-hand corner should be reversed and placed half way up, on the righthand edge, leave the bottom left-hand corner as is, and take the JMM looking skyward to the bottom right-hand corner. You might consider a Mexican flag graphic, in the background of the middle of the poster. Leave all verbiage out of the sandbox.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.