Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Judah/Khan almost done.. says Dan Rafael
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
FinitoElDinamita
Who's stoked?!?!!
Sicko
Another older fighter exposes yet another OVERRATED Young Fighter IMO....I'll take Zab Judah via KO in the 8th Round

Khan is a front runner and he starts to slow in the 5th or 6th Round, he slows down against Zab then I can see Judah catching KHAN late with that Left Hand

but Amir is a talented young fighter though and with young fighters they can always IMPROVE, so yes you could also see a break out fight for Khan and him DOMINATED the older fighter as well, Zab gets sloppy late in fights also
JONdaCON817
Khan is Krap!!!!... i hope Judah KOs him with one of those sneaky left uppercuts..

Where Brooklyn at?!?!?!.....
Nay_Sayer
If Judah doesn't fold like a deck of cards and can land the big left, he may give Khan some problems.
lloyd mayflower
A good fight for Judah, because Khan has increasing status, but is young, relatively inexperienced and chinny. All of these things MIGHT mean that Judah doesn't suffer his usual bottle crash, because therre is no reason for him to feel intimidated by Khan.

On a side note, I seen Judah at Pac-Mosley, hes a fucking midget!
salvador
Great fight. Much more exciting than Khan-Bradley.

PR316
Two front runners with questionable fortitude.

I guess you gotta favor Khan due to his youth, speed, and size. But Judah has a pretty good chance to crack that jaw with a left hand.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (salvador @ May 26 2011, 12:59 PM) *
Great fight. Much more exciting than Khan-Bradley.

Exactly bro. Bradley/khan might be perceived as the best fight on PAPER but actually Khan/Judah matchup is much more attractive from a stylistical standpoint. I love this fight..
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 26 2011, 12:40 PM) *
Khan is Krap!!!!... i hope Judah KOs him with one of those sneaky left uppercuts..

I agree there. Khan's footwork sucks and he makes a crucial mistake of letting his fists fly before planting his feet properly which is why he's a counter punch KO waiting to happen. He's always wide open for that counter left hand and uppercuts.. He's going to get..

Judah will beat this overrated guy..
JONdaCON817
Man if Judah were to sneak off with that title... how crazy would that be??... i bet Bradley would be next for him.. itd be the fight of Misshapen heads!!!
caneman
QUOTE (Sicko @ May 26 2011, 01:35 PM) *
Another older fighter exposes yet another OVERRATED Young Fighter IMO....I'll take Zab Judah via KO in the 8th Round

Khan is a front runner and he starts to slow in the 5th or 6th Round, he slows down against Zab then I can see Judah catching Zab late with that Left Hand

but Amir is a talented young fighter though and with young fighters they can always IMPROVE, so yes you could also see a break out fight for Khan and him DOMINATED the older fighter as well, Zab gets sloppy late in fights also

You do know the chances are pretty good that Zab has 4-6 rounds before he normally loses it mentally right? I think the longer the fight goes on, the chances are less & less he wins IMO! With that said...I hope Judah takes his head off & sends him to Hamed land, where ever that is!

King Eugene
This would be a good look for Zab if he can get this fight. His improved defense and new found confidence with Sweet Pea might get Khan a lot of problems. Only thing is he's gotten entirely too defensive in his last few fights. This should be interesting though. Zab looked to have kept his cool against Mathasyes for all 12 rounds in a questionable decision. I doubt Khan hits as hard so Judah has a shot. I hope he wins it but he's let me down too much to jump on his train for this one.
caneman
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 26 2011, 06:15 PM) *
This would be a good look for Zab if he can get this fight. His improved defense and new found confidence with Sweet Pea might get Khan a lot of problems. Only thing is he's gotten entirely too defensive in his last few fights. This should be interesting though. Zab looked to have kept his cool against Mathasyes for all 12 rounds in a questionable decision. I doubt Khan hits as hard so Judah has a shot. I hope he wins it but he's let me down too much to jump on his train for this one.

It would be cool if he could get the win and get the wheels back on his bus...just saying!!!
Sicko
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 26 2011, 02:51 PM) *
From what we have seen on past history, I would say that Judah has been proven to be the bigger front runner. We haven't seen as much of Khan, but at this stage, Judah has a bigger claim to that title than Khan does.

I guess you miss the part when I said "Zab Gets Sloppy Late In Fights Also" lol

Yeah Zab can melt down late in fights also, he has a longer history of doing that...but I seen it in Khan also, he looks very impessive from rounds 1-5 then by round 6 you see his opponent start to land more, it happened against Maidana but Lucky for him Maidana is EXTREMELY SLOW

also seen it a little in the McCloskey fight before the BAD STOPPAGE! no question Khan was dominating McCloskey...BUT...Khan was slowing down and was missing even more punches just before they stopped the fight
Sicko
QUOTE (caneman @ May 26 2011, 03:41 PM) *
You do know the chances are pretty good that Zab has 4-6 rounds before he normally loses it mentally right? I think the longer the fight goes on, the chances are less & less he wins IMO! With that said...I hope Judah takes his head off & sends him to Hamed land, where ever that is!

Well that is what makes this fight INTRIGUING IMO, but I seen a more patient and more under control fighter in Zab Judah against Mabuza, maybe Pernell Whitaker is making a difference and Whitaker also keeps the corner a lot more under control compared to back in the day when Yoel Judah would just start yelling and screaming at Zab in the Corner

but we shall see, could be a very good fight, but the way Khan was missing McCloskey...I DON'T KNOW...Zab is MUCH QUICKER then McCloskey
caneman
QUOTE (Sicko @ May 26 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Well that is what makes this fight INTRIGUING IMO, but I seen a more patient and more under control fighter in Zab Judah against Mabuza, maybe Pernell Whitaker is making a difference and Whitaker also keeps the corner a lot more under control compared to back in the day when Yoel Judah would just start yelling and screaming at Zab in the Corner

but we shall see, could be a very good fight, but the way Khan was missing McCloskey...I DON'T KNOW...Zab is MUCH QUICKER then McCloskey

You mean Yoel screaming just pow, pow,pow, and bing, bing bing wasn't working? lmao
gravytrain
QUOTE (caneman @ May 26 2011, 09:23 PM) *
You mean Yoel screaming just pow, pow,pow, and bing, bing bing wasn't working? lmao

Yoel was the ultimate motivator, i remember him saying "Larry Merchant is over there talking shit about you" trying to get Zab focused. dude must have some serious ADHD. he would say the stuff you posted while throwing punches and looking like he was about to knock Zab out.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 26 2011, 01:03 PM) *
Two front runners with questionable fortitude.

I guess you gotta favor Khan due to his youth, speed, and size. But Judah has a pretty good chance to crack that jaw with a left hand.

Questionable fortitude?!?!?!?

caneman
QUOTE (gravytrain @ May 26 2011, 09:07 PM) *
Yoel was the ultimate motivator, i remember him saying "Larry Merchant is over there talking shit about you" trying to get Zab focused. dude must have some serious ADHD. he would say the stuff you posted while throwing punches and looking like he was about to knock Zab out.

Larry probably was and Yoel sure as hell did! He didn't even care he looked like a total fool in front who knows how many peeps! I bet he done a lot of LSD!!! lol
Prov0
all Khan will do is is run, he will not stay in front of Judah,zab should come into this fight and be patient. Khan likes to throw and move and is careless when he backs out ,footwork is not thatgood ,Zab could easily sneak in a solid Left..
and the NEW
I think this fight is all wrong for Zab. Kahn is pretty damn fast and technical, I can see Zab being blown away like Oscar did to Mayorga.

Of course, Zab always has that chance for one big punch, but despite the skill level not being that different, I see it being a major difference in this stylistic matchup.
flip
lets go Zab!!!
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (Prov0 @ May 26 2011, 09:35 PM) *
all Khan will do is is run, he will not stay in front of Judah,zab should come into this fight and be patient. Khan likes to throw and move and is careless when he backs out ,footwork is not thatgood ,Zab could easily sneak in a solid Left..

^^ THIS.. that's pretty much how it'll go..
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 26 2011, 12:55 PM) *
A good fight for Judah, because Khan has increasing status, but is young, relatively inexperienced and chinny. All of these things MIGHT mean that Judah doesn't suffer his usual bottle crash, because therre is no reason for him to feel intimidated by Khan.

". . . it is all coming back to me now." ok.gif Probably was a dwarf, Lloyd.

QUOTE (Prov0 @ May 26 2011, 09:35 PM) *

I don't think so. The 1st round should be very interesting. I think both camps feel that they can KO the other guy. Judah has to be more active if he is going to win this fight. The reason Khan faded v Maidana was because of the pressure. If Judah sits back like he did in his last fight, he is likely to lose the decision.
Prov0
. Judah looses a UD he will be chasing Amir all night Khan will come in throw combinations and get out the way im sure they will try to stay away from Zabs left hand.
But i hope Zab lands that left hand lol.
gravytrain
i think the fight will show some weaknesses in Khan's game and that's why he didn't want him. Judah can evade the punches but has a solid left and can still throw when he wants to. i wouldn't be surprised to see close rounds with Khan throwing more but Judah landing the clean punches. kind of like another Alexander vs Kotelnik
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 26 2011, 02:55 PM) *

from what ive seen lloyd most fighters are smaller in person than on the television.....
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 27 2011, 09:56 PM) *
from what ive seen lloyd most fighters are smaller in person than on the television.....

Yeah, same with most people youv seen on telly then see in person, I just thought it was quite extreme in Judahs case
blackbelt2003
Judah is FASTER than Khan. Trust me.

Judah was even faster, punch wise, than friggin' Mayweather when they fought. Judah was outspeeding him (and even floored him) in the first few rounds, it wasn't till Mayweather adjusted and fought more conventionally than he usually does that he was able to break Zab down.

That's what Khan needs to do...fight steadily and consistently and break Judah down. If he has the maturity, strength and power to do that, fine. If not, Judah may spring the upset.

Black
flip
Its official!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 28 2011, 03:50 PM) *
I think Judah is quicker as well. But I think it's more his first and second punchers are quicker. Judah seems to have the speed when throwing the one upper, or straight left or something. Judah I don't think puts combinations together the way Khan does, and Khan probably has the advantage with speed as well when putting his punchers together.
Judah is definitely live in this fight, especially when you have a chinny guy. Similar to how you could never write Tyson off with a fragile guy.

This should be a real interesting fight, but Khan will win this, no problem, if he can protect that chin.

Too many of Khan's combos are inconsequential flurries.

QUOTE (flip @ Jun 2 2011, 11:47 PM) *
Its official!

JudahKhan

Intriguing matchmaking.

So, what is Bradley to do? I would love to see Bradley v Maidana or Matthysse if he gets by Alexander. Bradley v Berto. Bradley v Ortiz, Rios, Guerrero, anyone. He needs to get busy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.