Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Pacquiao timeline?!?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nay_Sayer
I think it's time we came up with a comprehensive timeline of events for the whole Mayweather Pacquiao drama.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
lloyd mayflower
Good idea Nay Sayer

My only thoughts are that this thread needs to stay factual. (I cant really offer any facts cos I cant remember the timeline)

What I mean is we've got enough threads full of blind Floyd/Pac nuthuggers having it out via poorly worded, misinformed, non paragraphed posts. Lets keep personal opinion out of this one and stick to real life
bosco
The longer it takes to make this fight is an advantage to Mayweather. While Pacman is active, besides his last fight he's been going through wars and that begans to wear on a fighter. Mayweather is older but he's not taking damage. Shane chin checked him a couple of times in the 2nd rd but besides that he's still fresh. Plus a fighter like Pacquiao will crash quicker than Floyd due to their styles. When Pacquiao gets beat its gonna come out of nowhere. He's gonna slow down right before our eyes where Mayweather knows the sweet science of boxing and that can carry him longer like B-Hop. I think if Pacman really wants to fight Floyd he better do it by next year. I think in his next fight we're gonna see real signs of Pacquiao slowing down.
Snoop
Just get Hype in here. He'll have the whole thing laid out in one post.
thehype
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 26 2011, 04:11 PM) *
Just get Hype in here. He'll have the whole thing laid out in one post.

Actually, I already have a pretty extensive timeline with links to articles consisting of quotes and whatnot. I just haven't decided how I want to put it out there yet.

laugh.gif

If you guys are going to attempt to do one in here, might I suggest going all the way back to the day that Floyd Mayweather announced his return that Saturday morning when Manny Pacquiao was about to face Ricky Hatton.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (thehype @ May 26 2011, 04:18 PM) *
Actually, I already have a pretty extensive timeline with links to articles consisting of quotes and whatnot. I just haven't decided how I want to put it out there yet.

This thread is as good a place as any.
thehype
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ May 26 2011, 05:25 PM) *
This thread is as good a place as any.

No, no, no, no, no. If I drop my timeline, it's going on the front page.

laugh.gif

Walstan86
Would be nice. Never seen one anywhere before.
kingknockout
QUOTE (thehype @ May 26 2011, 05:33 PM) *

laugh.gif

lol hype like nah..."this is for everrrrrrybody to see"
caneman
I hate to sway it, but I am starting to think this fight never even happens...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn, I thought this could be a timeline for when we'll all stop talking about this fight, since it's never happening. We got blood tests, one fighter retired, a promoter who does not want to lose his cash cow, and a court case. That's enough right there to keep these two out of the ring for another five years. Both sides are to blame for this fight never happening as well. I just don't understand how big fans of these two fighters can keep arguing the same argument and go around in a huge circle about something that is not relevant anymore. Doesn't it get boring?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ May 26 2011, 04:33 PM) *

laugh.gif

frontpage is where it belongs and id love to see it...
caneman
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 26 2011, 06:08 PM) *
Damn, I thought this could be a timeline for when we'll all stop talking about this fight, since it's never happening. We got blood tests, one fighter retired, a promoter who does not want to lose his cash cow, and a court case. That's enough right there to keep these two out of the ring for another five years. Both sides are to blame for this fight never happening as well. I just don't understand how big fans of these two fighters can keep arguing the same argument and go around in a huge circle about something that is not relevant anymore. Doesn't it get boring?

yes! And the pactard's and PBF nutt mites make it worse!!! At this point neither really care about the fans and they damn sure don't care what we think so fuck them both!
HaydelHammer
Timeline (no years needed for this shit...it's fairly simple)

1. Roach- talking up Pac man. Thinks he can beat floyd.
2. Floyd- ok let's do it
3. Roach- ok here is a list of shit you need to agree to before we fight you
4. Floyd- ok, now bitch here is what your steroid fighter needs to do leading up to the fight
5. Roach- no way manny hates needles, your not our boss..etc
6. Floyd- bitch please...
7. Roach- we'll do it but here is the schedule we'll take the tests
8. Floyd- bitch please...
9. Floyd- forget these chumps man
10. Roach and Pac alumni-.floyd is scared.

End of Thread ........LOL
Box in Hand
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 26 2011, 07:35 PM) *

2. Floyd- ok let's do it
4. Floyd- ok, now bitch here is what your steroid fighter needs to do leading up to the fight

Excellent shit, this pretty much sums up the entire ordeal.
King Eugene
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 26 2011, 08:35 PM) *

2. Floyd- ok let's do it

LMAO @ Bitch Please

From the roota to the toota that seems about right as far as a quick summary.
JONdaCON817

2. Floyd- ok let's do it

lol... good shyt!!!..... haha. i laughed so hard at this....
thehype
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 26 2011, 08:35 PM) *

2. Floyd- ok let's do it

LMFAO. Classic.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (thehype @ May 26 2011, 04:33 PM) *

laugh.gif

Ok fine.

Just make sure I get my just due when you decide to go public.

cool.gif
AussieLad
I think its an interesting idea to lay out a timeline, so long as its impartial and everything referenced.
Hops
I agree. HaydelHammer has proposed the inclusion of Floydiotic entries in the timeline. To avoid bias, the interview done by BoxingScene with Packy must be included. Also, when Floyd said there was no negotiation when even he himself said that he signed his "end of the bargain". And the pretention that Floyd didn't even hear/see the interview.
JLUVBABY

2. Floyd- ok let's do it

its funny but true... you nailed it dead on the head...
JLUVBABY

2. Floyd- ok let's do it

its funny but true... you nailed it dead on the head...
AussieLad
Think about it, this thing is going to be discussed to death forever. If you could construct a irrefutable sequence of events, and post them with some sort of reference, then every time there is a dispute you can just point to this thread and say fuck off buddy, your wrong. LOL

No doubt the list would change as it gradually got fleshed out. And i can see groupies of either side going at it over time, posting stuff to swing things back in their fighters favor. This should be a sticky
Roi
*adds Mayweather annouced that he will be fighting Marquez after Pacquiao/Hatton fight*
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (bosco @ May 26 2011, 04:04 PM) *
The longer it takes to make this fight is an advantage to Mayweather. While Pacman is active, besides his last fight he's been going through wars and that begans to wear on a fighter. Mayweather is older but he's not taking damage. Shane chin checked him a couple of times in the 2nd rd but besides that he's still fresh. Plus a fighter like Pacquiao will crash quicker than Floyd due to their styles. When Pacquiao gets beat its gonna come out of nowhere. He's gonna slow down right before our eyes where Mayweather knows the sweet science of boxing and that can carry him longer like B-Hop. I think if Pacman really wants to fight Floyd he better do it by next year. I think in his next fight we're gonna see real signs of Pacquiao slowing down.

And if we don't see any signs of him slowing down, it's just going to fuel the PED talk even further. All of that super human tiger blood shit is not going to fly. After this fight he's about to have, a true toe-to-toe war that he knows he's about to be engaged in, can and will take a lot out of him. If he gets himself wobbled in this meeting the way he did in the the others, he will be some kind of weathered on the other end of it. Floyd's time to act will be after November. Jump in and make the fight for May of next year and watch how brutally Manny Pacquiao will get beaten by Floyd Joy Jr.
AussieLad
Its a shame the idea of this thread hasnt taken off. Establishing a referenced timeline of the negotiations to sort out the bitch fights. Its the sort of thing that would attract attention from all the roaming pac n floyd fans. If its done right, you could see it being referenced by other sites, and draw fans to this board.

But i suppose its a great idea that will get overlooked
Hops
If you are nurturing/coddling Floyd's ego, then it would really be difficult. While Pacquiao has refused blood testing, it was initially. He now claims he's agreed to the OSDT demanded by Floyd. Coupled that with Floyd suddenly saying no negotiation took place when he himself said he signed the end of his bargain in a FH interview triple that with Ross saying there was negotiation quadruple that with Dela Hoya "mistakenly" announcing that the deal was close to being finalized quintuple that with Floyd suddenly asking for $100M.
cervix2000
If you are nurturing/coddling Floyd's ego, then it would really be difficult. While Pacquiao has refused blood testing, it was initially. He now claims he's agreed to the OSDT demanded by Floyd. Coupled that with Floyd suddenly saying no negotiation took place when he himself said he signed the end of his bargain in a FH interview triple that with Ross saying there was negotiation quadruple that with Dela Hoya "mistakenly" announcing that the deal was close to being finalized quintuple that with Floyd suddenly asking for $100M.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 30 2011, 03:47 PM) *
So what the fuck is this, Hop'scervix?

That was an outrageous coincidence eh?
xxxxxx

2. Floyd- ok let's do it

Lol....
thehype
QUOTE (AussieLad @ May 30 2011, 04:10 AM) *
Its a shame the idea of this thread hasnt taken off. Establishing a referenced timeline of the negotiations to sort out the bitch fights. Its the sort of thing that would attract attention from all the roaming pac n floyd fans. If its done right, you could see it being referenced by other sites, and draw fans to this board.

But i suppose its a great idea that will get overlooked

It might not have taken off in this thread, but like I said, I already have a timeline started that I'm contemplating dropping on the main site.
thehype
QUOTE (Hops @ May 30 2011, 06:38 AM) *
Coupled that with Floyd suddenly saying no negotiation took place when he himself said he signed the end of his bargain in a FH interview...

Apparently, people only hear/see what they want to hear/see as there appears to be some SERIOUS confusion.

The "end of his bargain" that Floyd was referring to were the failed negotiations that took place PRIOR to Team Mayweather and Team Pacquiao going to mediation in December, 2009/January 2010. When he said he signed the contract, he was referring to the original contract (8 oz gloves, weight penalty, random blood/urine tests) that Team Pacquiao originally REJECTED because they said they would only test up until 30 days out.

Not that it really matters to me too much if you understand that....I just think your comment is a PERFECT example of just how CONFUSED the average fan is when it comes to everything that has happened thus far regarding Mayweather-Pacquiao.
Hops
Thanks for the correction. Now that it's clear, I will no longer mention that as indication that a 2nd negotiation took place. Now I only have DLH's slip of the tongue and Greenburg's. Just indications.
thehype
QUOTE (Hops @ May 30 2011, 09:12 PM) *
Thanks for the correction. Now that it's clear, I will no longer mention that as indication that a 2nd negotiation took place. Now I only have DLH's slip of the tongue and Greenburg's. Just indications.

I could care less what you mention...in fact, keep mentioning it if you so choose...I just think it's a perfect example of just how MISINFORMED a lot of people really are. It's good to know that you can admit that you were unclear and had no idea though.

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ May 30 2011, 07:34 PM) *
Apparently, people only hear/see what they want to hear/see as there appears to be some SERIOUS confusion.

The "end of his bargain" that Floyd was referring to were the failed negotiations that took place PRIOR to Team Mayweather and Team Pacquiao going to mediation in December, 2009/January 2010. When he said he signed the contract, he was referring to the original contract (8 oz gloves, weight penalty, random blood/urine tests) that Team Pacquiao originally REJECTED because they said they would only test up until 30 days out.

Not that it really matters to me too much if you understand that....I just think your comment is a PERFECT example of just how CONFUSED the average fan is when it comes to everything that has happened thus far regarding Mayweather-Pacquiao.

You mean Fraud has had his orange panties sitting in his closet, whoops! I meant garage, for almost one and a half years??

And he had them made before they even got to the end of negotiations? Wow, he must've been confident that that fight was gonna get made. Don't forget to include those orange panties in the timeline, they need to be there. laugh.gif
Hops
The reason I thought Floyd Mayweather signed a new agreement out of the 2nd negotiation was because I thought there was something new in the FH video interview. I was wrong. My bad. Well, it was fun hearing about the orange panties, though.
xizor1d
i have wondered why no one has done a time line on this yet. a time line is a must! i know people are still going to argue the facts and put their own spin on it but it would still be nice to have!
AussieLad
QUOTE (thehype @ May 31 2011, 01:27 AM) *
It might not have taken off in this thread, but like I said, I already have a timeline started that I'm contemplating dropping on the main site.

To me the value of the timeline is that it is evolving, and created by a communal contribution process rather than plonked down by an individual associated with a website that may or may not have a bias towards one of the fighters. If its a communal process, with fans of both parties as well as independents contributing, then you can claim that the list is fairly impartial.

If a real nuthugger has played a part in creating the timeline, and at the end of the day that timeline ends up working against their fighter and their own arguments... then at the end of the day they cant complain or cry foul. Plus you get the entertainment value of people disputing each others contributions
flip
Im sure HBO 24/7 will cover most of the timeline smile.gif , we just need the fight to go through first...
AussieLad
QUOTE (flip @ Jun 3 2011, 08:00 AM) *
Im sure HBO 24/7 will cover most of the timeline smile.gif , we just need the fight to go through first...

The fight will never happen, which is why the timeline is usefull... who ducked who etc
flip
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 3 2011, 02:12 AM) *
The fight will never happen, which is why the timeline is usefull... who ducked who etc

Not with that attitude it won't! laugh.gif
thehype
Here ya go.....

CLICK HERE FOR MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO NEGOTIATIONS TIMELINE PART 1
HazConvictedFelonMane
The facts have been laid out very clearly. I gather that Freddie Roach and Bob Arum were attempting to do anything they could've possibly done in order for Manny to fight anyone but Floyd. They were talking about 140lbs is the best weight for the fight. They were saying that March 13th is too fast of a turn around. They said they were fine with the drug testing at first. He's been busted on camera taking blood tests around the same time he claims to make him weak. It's just a bunch of hoopla and it's clear that Manny wants his team to pick him the fights that have a low risk of danger. Floyd Mayweather is more than willing to school that boy, but he doesn't want to take the test. Never mind what he's saying now. When it mattered the most, he refused. I'm not a doctor but I think that's all I needed to hear in order to be convinced. Never mind the blood tests that he's taken before, he didn't take that one. I'm torn in between Manny and his handlers being over-protective/concerned/afraid, or he doesn't want to take a test because he's hiding something. I've read so many contradicting and conflicting statements coming from the Pacquiao camp. Even the retired judge called them on their lies. Floyd clearly tried to svae the fight by offering 14 days. He should've took it then. Manny's team knows what they can and can't handle. Mayweather's a little too much for them so they bailed. They keep trying to make Floyd look bad but, they only make themselves look bad. Chavez wins the title. Arum wants Chavez-Cotto. 'Sergio Martinez is not a PPV attraction'. Here we go again. That comment translates to ducking the fight.
The CEO
I wonder if Ben's gettin' any hate mail over the timeline.....

"U r jelus envyus awther. U hav no credability."

lol...UPROAR.
gravytrain
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 21 2011, 03:21 PM) *
I wonder if Ben's gettin' any hate mail over the timeline.....

"U r jelus envyus awther. U hav no credability."

lol...UPROAR.

probably. other than him using fighthype as a source it looked legit to me and i don't really have any problems with it. then again if it wasn't fighthype it would be some site talking about what was on fighthype so it can't really be that big of a deal. there are just always going to be delusional people that get played by promoters and fighters.
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 21 2011, 07:41 AM) *

Great analysis, I strongly agree. I can't wait to see the timeline for the second round of negotiations! thumbsup_anim.gif
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Jun 21 2011, 09:20 AM) *
The facts have been laid out very clearly. I gather that Freddie Roach and Bob Arum were attempting to do anything they could've possibly done in order for Manny to fight anyone but Floyd. They were talking about 140lbs is the best weight for the fight. They were saying that March 13th is too fast of a turn around. They said they were fine with the drug testing at first. He's been busted on camera taking blood tests around the same time he claims to make him weak. It's just a bunch of hoopla and it's clear that Manny wants his team to pick him the fights that have a low risk of danger. Floyd Mayweather is more than willing to school that boy, but he doesn't want to take the test. Never mind what he's saying now. When it mattered the most, he refused. I'm not a doctor but I think that's all I needed to hear in order to be convinced. Never mind the blood tests that he's taken before, he didn't take that one. I'm torn in between Manny and his handlers being over-protective/concerned/afraid, or he doesn't want to take a test because he's hiding something. I've read so many contradicting and conflicting statements coming from the Pacquiao camp. Even the retired judge called them on their lies. Floyd clearly tried to svae the fight by offering 14 days. He should've took it then. Manny's team knows what they can and can't handle. Mayweather's a little too much for them so they bailed. They keep trying to make Floyd look bad but, they only make themselves look bad. Chavez wins the title. Arum wants Chavez-Cotto. 'Sergio Martinez is not a PPV attraction'. Here we go again. That comment translates to ducking the fight.

Great analysis, I strongly agree. I can't wait to see the timeline for the second round of negotiations!! thumbsup_anim.gif
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 21 2011, 09:41 AM) *

Props to TheHype for dropping his timeline.

Nice work...

EDIT: Would it be a good idea to drop a link to this thread into your timeline's comments section?
iKeNjiro
Let me jump into this timeline action right quick
Get this little 2cents off my chest

I think people have selective THINKING, either that or they play dumb, or lack the correct information so they follow the leader monkey see monkey do type ppl
I say that because this timeline was not needed, if people follow Floyd an pacquiao or are fans, then you should already know this.

Great timeline though an it allows newcomers to go back an read how the events unfolded.

Now after skimming through it, what excuses can they make now? It's freaking clear who made all the excuses an demands an then ran from the fight when Floyd SIGNED the contract.

Weight 147=Pacquiao
8oz gloves = pacquiao
10million per pound over = pacquiao
24 day cutoff = pacquiao
Fight date= pacquiao (note almost just date to back out of fight but Arum stopped that)

Floyd tried to reason offering 14
pacquiao = rejection

All those demands are not under commission ruling
But Floyd signed on the dotted line

Pacquiao on record saying he did not sign the fight

Floyd asks for one reasonable demand an all of a sudden he (Floyd) is the devil in the flesh LMAO

This is a joke

He (pacquiao )Lied about giving blood close to fghts, that got blew up via youtube 24/7 an he had to quickly retract that excuse
Hate to bring this up but he's cheated on his wife more then once, an the Media sweeps this under the rug.
If he can cheat on his wife, what makes you think he won't cheat in the ring?

Again it's not that he came up in weight
it's that he became faster
he no longer gases out after 6rds (people tend to forget pacquiao use to gases out after 6rounds allowing fighters to catch back up on score cards)
his chin is better (taking hits from bigger guys, but couldn't take hits at smaller weight classes...I just scratched my head)
An he's visibly stronger

Who is pacquiao to demand these requirements to fight him its not in commission ruling
Floyd made one logical request come on ppl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.