Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Fights outside of Combat Sports
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JONdaCON817
Just wanted to hear about some of your favorite fights in Professional sports outside of Boxing, MMA, etc...

Some of my Favorite fights were in the NBA such as:
Tracy Mcgrady vs Bobby Jackson...
Kobe Bryant vs Chris Childs... (Kobe has NO hands)

and a good NFL one was the recent Andre Johnson vs Cortland Finnegan...

I wanna hear yous all thoughts....
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 27 2011, 08:31 PM) *

i have no idea of what the rules are here... lol.. but that looks like alot of fun to be in the middle of...haha

the guy in the Dreads was ballsie!!
Romulus9
Larry Holmes vs. Trevor Berbick II ...

JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 27 2011, 08:49 PM) *
Larry Holmes vs. Trevor Berbick II ...

lmao..... that was too gangster.
STEVENSKI
Some of my favourite fights have come in State of Origin games which is the most intense highest quality most brutal football in the world. It is like a best of 3 all star series with a lot of bad blood between the states.

Steve Price getting KTFO

Clips of some fights over the years

My favourite brall of all time

I have no idea why these are not showing up? I linked the descriptions anyway
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 28 2011, 12:17 PM) *
Nope. I'm not even nibbling. Besides there's no video proof.

Sorry mate. Tries to fix it up. Have a nibble there are some tasty lil scraps in there.
JONdaCON817
those were actually pretty nice!! ima have to try and catch some Rugby now..
Spyder
The Greatest NBA game of ALL TIME!!!

JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 28 2011, 12:30 AM) *
The Greatest NBA game of ALL TIME!!!

ahhhh you bastard... you beat me to it!!...lol.

bet that fan didnt go to the game expecting to get his ass whooped by Ron Artest and Stephen Jaccson.. lol
Spyder
Stephen Jackson can fight!!

I learned that fact watching that game. And those will probably be my last words...

Spyder on his death bed: "Stephen Jackson can fight...beeeeeeeep"
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 28 2011, 03:23 PM) *
those were actually pretty nice!! ima have to try and catch some Rugby now..

It is described as "state against state" "mate against mate" & the best clashes involve club teammates who are mates but when state pride is on the line it is red mist time. I also like how the ref's let the fights go until they are over.

Here is my personal favourite fight.

JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 28 2011, 12:45 AM) *
Stephen Jackson can fight!!

I learned that fact watching that game. And those will probably be my last words...

Spyder on his death bed: "Stephen Jackson can fight...beeeeeeeep"

lol... yeaa i read an article on Stephen Jaccson in SLAM once.. that kat is gangster as hell... having him and Ron Artest on the same team was bound to create a brawl like this sooner or later..lol
JONdaCON817
Kniccs vs Nuggets Brawl...

Listen to that right hand landed by Carmelo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi09GO1a-T0
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 28 2011, 02:51 AM) *
It is described as "state against state" "mate against mate" & the best clashes involve club teammates who are mates but when state pride is on the line it is red mist time. I also like how the ref's let the fights go until they are over.

Here is my personal favourite fight.

so what happens when they fight?? do ppl get fined or ejected? or do they juss let them go and resume the game after a short intermission?
FinitoElDinamita
Some of the best fights ive seen was on the streets with the korean gangsters tearin it up with some black foos.. Black dudes got fucked up.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ May 29 2011, 02:34 AM) *
so what happens when they fight?? do ppl get fined or ejected? or do they juss let them go and resume the game after a short intermission?

It depends on the mood of the referee. In the 80's it was usually waved off as a bit of boys fun other times players might get 10 minutes in the sin bin. Usually the referee will allow fighing but gets tougher on those who "run in" as a 2nd man because that always escalates it into a all in. It also depends on if a player is seriously hurt & needs a stretcher. Usually it is cuts black eyes & bloody mouths though.

What is funny is the team captains are usually the first to fight.
STEVENSKI
Yeah Koreans love a scrap & they are better at fighing than the Chinese. I saw enough gang fights growing up to form that opinion.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 29 2011, 12:34 AM) *
Yeah Koreans love a scrap & they are better at fighing than the Chinese. I saw enough gang fights growing up to form that opinion.

South Korean fighters are tough as nails.
STEVENSKI
Fitz is right & it had me thinking about this. OK it is car racing but the punches this driver throws are pretty decent at a helmet

Longhurst loses it
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 27 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Some of my favourite fights have come in State of Origin games which is the most intense highest quality most brutal football in the world. It is like a best of 3 all star series with a lot of bad blood between the states.

Certainly NOT the highest quailty football in the world but it gets pretty intense!
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 28 2011, 10:55 AM) *
Back in the days when the vast majority of South Koreans still rode bicycles for transportation, Friday and Saturday nights were for street fights from Seoul to Pohang. The South Koreans used to love to fight. Lived for it to a degree. There was a fight on a corner of nearly every intersection in their downtown areas. It was the 2nd best entertainment value in South Korea in the 70's.

South Koreans have softened since.

You know so well.. sound like my homeboy, Stomper..lol Are you Korean?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 29 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Certainly NOT the highest quailty football in the world but it gets pretty intense!

Have to agree to disagree here Marv. Highest quality Rugby League for sure though.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 29 2011, 06:56 PM) *
Have to agree to disagree here Marv. Highest quality Rugby League for sure though.

Just messing with you there brotha...

Rugby is the shit! I respect the hell out of that sport.
and the NEW
Well Rugby League and Union are very different. D-Marv you may be thinking of Rugby Union, which is more worldwide.

Luis Fabiano had a fight in a Sevilla match, it was about as funny as they come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxvNxsJzyxI

Also, Rivaldo bashed a fan one time, it was pretty good.

Other than that, some of those Asian parliament (not sure which country cos 'they all look the same', ha ha) brawls are good fun to watch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.