Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Manny Pacquiao afraid to take the test?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigMoneySlayer
What y'all think?
AussieLad
thumbsup_anim.gif
Roi
nope
JONdaCON817
HIV test?
Walstan86
Well, like I've been saying, the guy's been going around saying he'll take whatever test Floyd wants. Saying it in newspaper interviews (Philippines) and on video. Arum's singing the same tune...so.... There it is. The question now is what does Floyd have to say about it now that it's no longer an obstacle to the fight. Does he still want it? Because if he does, it's sitting right there ripe for the picking. All he has to say is, "I heard you. Now put it in writing and let's get it on." Of course, all we hear is crickets......
Snoop
Awesome thread.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 28 2011, 04:54 AM) *
Awesome thread.

I know. Haven't some of the threads started here recently just been the best? I'm so thankful that these tough questions are now finally being asked.
Hops
Where the heck are the moderators? Perhaps there are too few of them. The index/main page starting to look like a counterpart of the Pactards' website.
BigMoneySlayer
Pacman should make a video or hold a press conference, saying that he agrees to the testing, have it air on espn and on all the major news channels, then contact Mayweather promotions and put the pressure on Floyd to get it done.
BoxingWizard23
Yep. He sure is. FUCK TOP WANK and Blob Arum plus Freddie Jokes
HazConvictedFelonMane
I don't know. What does it mean when a fighter wants to go in another direction when there is a global demand for a fight? It may not have everything to do with drug testing. I may be inclined to believe that Manny's advisory board advised their guy to take a fight that will be less of a challenge, and more likely to be a fight that they can win. When Freddie Roach avoids Shane Mosley in order to fight badly damaged Miguel Cotto, you can't convince me that Team Pacquiao was seriously going to step in the ring with Floyd Mayweather just a few months later. They ducked Shane and Shane's better than Oscar, so They would never seriously consider taking on Floyd Mayweather who's better than them all.
\
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ May 28 2011, 09:55 AM) *
I don't know. What does it mean when a fighter wants to go in another direction when there is a global demand for a fight? It may not have everything to do with drug testing. I may be inclined to believe that Manny's advisory board advised their guy to take a fight that will be less of a challenge, and more likely to be a fight that they can win. When Freddie Roach avoids Shane Mosley in order to fight badly damaged Miguel Cotto, you can't convince me that Team Pacquiao was seriously going to step in the ring with Floyd Mayweather just a few months later. They ducked Shane and Shane's better than Oscar, so They would never seriously consider taking on Floyd Mayweather who's better than them all.
\

Genius post. Like i said, Freddie Roach is a great match maker not a great trainer. Pacman is extremely limited in his abilities. He is abnormally strong for his size, too quick for his age(think about all the wars he had), his punch resistance is worser now(older) but seems unfazed even when someone stuns him (ex. Cotto, Clottey, Margarito) and his stamina his crazy cause of the pace he fights at. Mayweather still wins easily though, his skill level and dedication plus hardwork diminishes Pacs abilities albeit steroid use or not. Roach knows Pac won't win against Mayweather unless he's has some type of advantage.
Walstan86
QUOTE (BigMoneySlayer @ May 28 2011, 08:02 AM) *
Pacman should make a video or hold a press conference, saying that he agrees to the testing, have it air on espn and on all the major news channels, then contact Mayweather promotions and put the pressure on Floyd to get it done.

Pacquiao should do that. I wish he would. But is Floyd even planning on ever fighting again? Been over a year now and he still hasn't said what his plans are. Be a shame for Pacquiao to put on a big pony show on espn and Floyd not even care. That's why it would be great to hear if he's still interested in this fight happening--especially now that Manny's repeatedly and publicly said he'll take whatever test Floyd wants. Simple tweet ought to do it.
FinitoElDinamita
Maybe he has something to hide. A logical man would just take the test, show everyone he's clean, then kick ass for 30 millions dollars.. Talking about defemation, dishonor and all that bullshit I dont even buy it.

If you were accused of murder ( you're innocent ), and the cops wanted you to take a lie detector test, wouldnt any man just take it and prove themselves?

Pac might be on that shit.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 28 2011, 10:07 AM) *
I know. Haven't some of the threads started here recently just been the best? I'm so thankful that these tough questions are now finally being asked.

Right Ollie? I don't know how we went so long without debating these topics.
bosco
Manny DOES NOT want to take the take. If he did then the fight would have been made the first time. It's easy for Manny and Arum to say that they will take the test while they're preparing for another fight where they don't have to take the test. Then before Mosley fight even happened they offered Marquez the next fight. If Manny wanted to take the test he would have said it during the post fight interview against Mosley... Hey Floyd..I'll take the test up to the fight so we can get it on..there's no excuses now Floyd. But he didn't. Manny and Arum are clearly just throwing up smoke screens.
Walstan86
QUOTE (bosco @ May 28 2011, 11:48 AM) *
Manny DOES NOT want to take the take. If he did then the fight would have been made the first time. It's easy for Manny and Arum to say that they will take the test while they're preparing for another fight where they don't have to take the test. Then before Mosley fight even happened they offered Marquez the next fight. If Manny wanted to take the test he would have said it during the post fight interview against Mosley... Hey Floyd..I'll take the test up to the fight so we can get it on..there's no excuses now Floyd. But he didn't. Manny and Arum are clearly just throwing up smoke screens.

Maybe you can answer, bosco. Is Floyd ever gonna fight again? Last I heard is when fighthype asked him to comment on the promise he made to his fans to fight Pac: "I never promised nobody nothing."
Walstan86
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 28 2011, 11:34 AM) *
Right Ollie? I don't know how we went so long without debating these topics.

There are guys here now who weren't around back then, like me. So what's your take on it?
Jack 1000
Hey All,

To several of our new poster friends. Note that this topic has been done to death for the last two years. And because they all say the same things over and over again, I want to direct all of you to our special Archive Forum, which contains a Pinned up Thread of Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao updates and negotiations. You can all find it over there:

When we actually get a signed date for the fight we might bring the topic back out to the general forum. But you guys can have a good time reading about the topic here: "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: The Saga Continues."

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showtopic=25047

In the meantime, this thread will be closed.

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.