Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Posters: Please Visit The FightHype Archives Forum!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Greetings Everyone,

A special announcement to new members of the Fight Hype Family. We provide a special Archives forum for the greatest and most interesting Fight Hype topics over the years! These topics represent the most interesting and unique threads of quality selected by our staff. We also have archived the best of Special Preview Threads and the best of our exclusive Round by Round Topics. To qualify for the archives:
  • The topic must be of strong interest or importance to our community.
  • The posts must represent quality discussion or important discussion to the boxing world.
  • The topic must be at least 30 days old to be moved to the archives.

Please check out these topics! You can also comment on any thread that is open. They all should be open, but if they are not, post in this thread and a staffer will do their best to open them.

Note that all forum rules/guidelines still apply to the Archives section of the site.

Here is the link to the Archives Forum, which can also be found on our forum's homepage:

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.php?showforum=19

You can find a pinned up thread for Mayweather-Pacquiao as well! I am not sure, but I think the first post in that pinned up Mayweather-Pacquiao Saga thread goes back to 2009!

Users can reply to existing posts in the Archives Forum. BUT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE NEW TOPICS IN THE ARCHIVES SECTION! (They will be deleted.) Doing so would defeat the purpose of the archive forum. The archive forum represents the most important, interesting, or historic posts by our community and we need to keep it that way. Thanks!

Jack

Administrator
The CEO
Nice, Jack...it's true....The FH Archives are a gold mine....there's some real strong knowledge and predictions in there...

In fact, we should probably look over what he have (when we have the time) and throw a few dozen more in there....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Nice one Jack but certain threads should be bumped to the top of the list. Certainly the epic Financial Servies thread should get first place. Others deserving of front page are of course the Pontoon thread, the Most Hated Fighter Thread (the one where was it Big G or Eugene or someone else? gives Tarver the beatdown of a lifetime), the now legendary Warlord/Beardo/Whipsmash MMA thread and Warlord's other life and death saga with Hype.

I'm sure there are others but these are ones that instantly sprung to mind.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 29 2011, 12:53 AM) *
Nice one Jack but certain threads should be bumped to the top of the list. Certainly the epic Financial Serves thread should get first place. Others deserving of front page are of course the Pontoon thread, the Most Hated Fighter Thread (the one where was it Big G or Eugene or someone else? gives Tarver the beatdown of a lifetime), the now legendary Warlord/Beardo/Whipsmash MMA thread and Warlord's other life and death saga with Hype.

What ones do you want us to pin to the top? I think a top 5 list would be good! Which top 5, we will leave it up to you guys, the community!!! However, note if we pin too many threads it might get too cluttered in there. Post the exact title(s) of the threads to pin. Mods, you can pin them, just let me know when you have done so by posting in this thread. We could pin up the communities top 5 best archive threads, just to see what their preferences are. We might do a maximum of 10 pinned threads. No more than that because it will get too cluttered. The Pacaquiao-Mayweather saga thread is HUGE so that's a no-brainer to keep. I'm open for pinning some other ones up there

If you find a thread where you want to add some insight, it will get bounced to page one, so that's good. Probably not a good idea to just reply with a "bump" request to move that thread to the top. We want each and every post in Archive to be unique and special for our community! There's great stuff in there! GREAT STUFF!!!!!

Meanwhile, we will plan to have THIS thread pinned for at least 30 days, because I am hoping that everyone gets a chance to see the archive forum. Seriously, there's hours if not DAYS you could spend in there! I was the main staffer doing the archiving for that section, so I hope you all enjoy it!

Staffers, you can unlock any threads that may be locked in there as well.

Jack

Administrator
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 29 2011, 05:53 AM) *
Nice one Jack but certain threads should be bumped to the top of the list. Certainly the epic Financial Servies thread should get first place. Others deserving of front page are of course the Pontoon thread, the Most Hated Fighter Thread (the one where was it Big G or Eugene or someone else? gives Tarver the beatdown of a lifetime), the now legendary Warlord/Beardo/Whipsmash MMA thread and Warlord's other life and death saga with Hype.

Lefthook meltdown.

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 29 2011, 04:59 AM) *
Lefthook meltdown.

laugh.gif

Shit! I remember that!!! Hahahahaha!!!

Jack
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Lefthook meltdown.

laugh.gif

When did that take place? I also remember Marz had a good meltdown.
lloyd mayflower
Marzb was top notch entertainment, as was Torvix
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 29 2011, 12:04 PM) *

Gotta get Detective Fitz on that one. I suck at thread searches. Someone help?
Snoop
Shiiiiiiit. Can we take it back old school and find the old ChicoEscuela NYC vs Mayorgaisdangerous battles? The infamous "Temple" incident? The Decagon vs NinazDaddy threads? Do we even have those still?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 29 2011, 03:43 PM) *
Gotta get Detective Fitz on that one. I suck at thread searches. Someone help?

The classics that I remember! You guys can help me:

Mayorga is Dangerous: "Everyone in boxing knows that the temple is in the middle of the forehead!":

The Chat transcript with Jerry Drake and Akay: FUNNIEST SHIT OF ALL TIME!

Background, Jerry Drake was a poster who was kind of a flake! LOL! And we used to have Fight Hype chat were one person in the chat would get a lucky call to speak with a fighter, and from what I remember, one time we had Floyd in chat and I don't know the reason why, but Jerry Drake missed the chat. We had a rule of courtesy that people had to ask respectable questions and wait their turn in chat. Anyway, long story short, Drake came in late and missed the Mayweather chat! Akay was one of our admins and Drake was like:

"Come on man, this is fucking bullshit! I came here to talk to Floyd Mayweather!!! I wanna talk to him now!!!!"

Akay said, "Sorry, you know the rules, you missed the chat, our fighters can't wait for individual posters."

Jerry Drake got all pissed, and there were some other people in the chat room and they knew how gullible Drake was. We actually DID have Floyd that day. Akay goes and PM's Jerry Drake in the chat! Pretending to be Floyd!!!! LOL!!! Akay jokes around with Jerry Drake. Akay as Floyd TOLD Jerry Drake the stuff that Floyd would say, and Jerry Drake got all excited, waiting a half hour for his phone call!

Now Akay leaves the PM part of the chat and it's just Akay and Jerry Drake! Jerry's like, "I talked to Floyd!!!! I talked to Floyd!!!! He said he was gonna call me and he's super cool!!! (Not knowing that he talked actually to Akay pretending to BE Floyd!)

Akay: "You sure you talked to Floyd?!!!"

Jerry Drake: "Yea, he's gonna call me!!!!"

Akay: "Well, how do you know you really talked to Pretty Boy Floyd?"

Jerry Drake: "Cuz it said so on the screen and everything!!!!" LOL!!

Akay: (Says the funniest shit in the HISTORY of any forum or chat!!!") "Drake, I got a secret for you. YOU DIDN'T TALK TO PRETTY BOY FLOYD!!! YOU CHATTED WITH HIS COUSIN..........................LITTLE BOY LLOYD!!!!!!!!!!" Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Drake got so pissed he left chat and the forum for good!!!!

(Oh I wish we still had that transcript!!!) I may be off on a couple of details, but I will NEVER, EVER FORGET THAT EXCHANGE! This was several years ago!

The other classic shit was Hype performing a well-deserved meltdown to Hawkins, TKO11, and Sharkey, who's arrogance kept people out of the classic section. The big exchange that lead to their demise was the " Is Steve Farhood Full of Shit?" thread. I will actually look for that and pin it in archive if I find it!!!

Ben, there's no way we can recover old chat transcripts, like the one with Jerry Drake and Akay, is there????

I'll post in this thread if I can find the Steve Farhood one. The thread will be in archives!

Jack

Administrator
caneman
Lefthook meltdown.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 29 2011, 06:04 AM) *

It all started with a chat with Winky Wright when he all but said Winky sucked and might do the same with dicks when not in training!!! lol
Jack 1000
QUOTE (caneman @ May 30 2011, 02:51 PM) *
It all started with a chat with Winky Wright when he all but said Winky sucked and might do the same with dicks when not in training!!! lol

OK! I some homework to do!!! Going into the search database to find some of these threads! I'll let you know what I find. It might be hard because they go back many years.

Jack
caneman
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 30 2011, 03:03 PM) *
OK! I some homework to do!!! Going into the search database to find some of these threads! I'll let you know what I find. It might be hard because they go back many years.

Jack

Look for something like i was just kicked outta chat! lol
Spyder
Lefthook's Ass Raping

JD could passive/aggressive anyone to jump off a cliff.

LMAO!!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 30 2011, 11:02 PM) *
Financial Thread:
http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...mp;hl=financial

Here are some threads regarding MarzB

My thread: Fighthypes biggest nuthugger

Here is another sample, it begins from this other huge thread. Notice the dates of these threads are similar. he had a breakdown around this time over several threads.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...5321&st=700

It begins from post #719 when MarzB gets defensive because Mayweather is compared to Serena Williams.

Those threads are laugh out loud funny! The nuthugger thread was borderline cruelty! That was just a procession of people lining up to bitch slap Torvix and Marz. I loved every minute of it. Winding Marz up was like shooting fish in a barrel, but it was still very satisfying.
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 30 2011, 08:21 PM) *
Lefthook's Ass Raping

JD could passive/aggressive anyone to jump off a cliff.

LMAO!!

Just read through this thread again. There are some fucking GOLDEN quotes in there. It was a all out Wrestlemania match. First you have Lefthook vs the board, Avon coming in and getting pushed around by some posters, then Reg_One comes in and gets shat on on by everyone! laugh.gif I miss these threads.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 30 2011, 08:49 PM) *
Just read through this thread again. There are some fucking GOLDEN quotes in there. It was a all out Wrestlemania match. First you have Lefthook vs the board, Avon coming in and getting pushed around by some posters, then Reg_One comes in and gets shat on on by everyone! laugh.gif I miss these threads.

Yup!

Poor Lefty, a.k.a "Officer Hook" who got demoted from Moderator Caption Assistant, to Traffic Cop, to being forced to retake Traffic Safety Class, all within the same thread!!! LOL!!! laugh.gif My recollection was that he never got suspended, or banned, or anything from the forum, just left all because of the chat-booting situation for being disrespectful to our guest fighter that night.

Jack
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 29 2011, 09:04 PM) *

I think I may have pushed young Marz over the edge.

There are so many classic threads in the archive.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 30 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Those threads are laugh out loud funny! The nuthugger thread was borderline cruelty! That was just a procession of people lining up to bitch slap Torvix and Marz. I loved every minute of it. Winding Marz up was like shooting fish in a barrel, but it was still very satisfying.

Torvix always took his beatings fantastically well. He was unflappable and indefatigable. I actually miss that dude and the shit that used to rain down upon him. In the current climate of the board with all these new Fraud lovers he would be in his element.
STEVENSKI
Whatever happened to Keith? I liked his style.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 31 2011, 04:30 AM) *
Whatever happened to Keith? I liked his style.

I know, me and him had just conspired to set up a vendetta against that prick KENSOFINE then Keith disappeared all of a sudden.
Jack 1000
Who was the poster that had the Title Bout boxing simulation program? We used to have him run best of five fight matches. It was fun! We had him simulate Mayweather-Pacquiao at a catch-weight, and I am pretty sure Floyd won 4 of the 5 fights. (by decision) I can't remember the poster's name......sorry!

Jack
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 31 2011, 03:20 AM) *
Torvix always took his beatings fantastically well. He was unflappable and indefatigable. I actually miss that dude and the shit that used to rain down upon him. In the current climate of the board with all these new Fraud lovers he would be in his element.

Torvix is still here. Trust me.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 31 2011, 02:38 AM) *

Well he's certainly not here in the 'form' I knew him as. And that saddens me, haha.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 31 2011, 07:38 AM) *

I wish he would out himself then. My self esteem sometimes needs a wee boost
King Eugene
The Infamous Hate Thread that CEO started. That joint was a classic.
Spyder
Seeing how the Khan Caravan has ripped open some old wounds for a few, I got a little nostalgic and well...

The INFAMOUS Pontoon Beat Down!!
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 1 2011, 12:49 PM) *
Seeing how the Khan Caravan has ripped open some old wounds for a few, I got a little nostalgic and well...

THAT'S the one right there....where The Pontoon beat the tards and defenders THE FUCK DOWN!......oh wait...you were a defender.

taunt.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 1 2011, 03:48 PM) *
THAT'S the one right there....where The Pontoon beat the tards and defenders THE FUCK DOWN!......oh wait...you were a defender.

taunt.gif

No this is the one where your long and proud track record with Hate Vehicles came to a screeching halt laugh.gif

Don't believe me? Why just go and check out your pick for Pac V. Cotto laugh.gif

caneman
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 1 2011, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 1 2011, 04:43 PM) *
No this is the one where your long and proud track record with Hate Vehicles came to a screeching halt laugh.gif

Don't believe me? Why just go and check out your pick for Pac V. Cotto laugh.gif

I called it the buffon pontoon and Snoop and CEO didn't like it much! I have to admit though between Pactards and PBF nutt mites...well it's fucking pitiful IMO!
Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 1 2011, 03:48 PM) *

taunt.gif

You gotta admit, it took you a while to get your mojo back after that one...lol...lesser men would not be able to come back from a beating like that.

aggressive.gif

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 1 2011, 05:43 PM) *

Poor CEO will never live that one down...lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 2 2011, 02:47 PM) *
Poor CEO will never live that one down...lol

I owned that sig. LOL
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 2 2011, 02:02 AM) *
I owned that sig. LOL

That was my first night on here. To this day I am still trying to figure out how anyone could rationalize taking The Shell of Miguel Cotto in that fight.

One of the planet's great mysteries.
Snoop
laugh.gif @ the Brig still needing to validate themselves. It's like they resort to this every time they lose an argument regarding their "Filipino man-god". I've never seen people so butt-hurt/enchanted about a fighter.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 1 2011, 12:15 AM) *
The Infamous Hate Thread that CEO started. That joint was a classic.

Was just having a rake thru that one. Found this, courtesy of yourself. Felt it needed an airing out.

Aight, its built up and now I'm busting loose!

I hate Tarver with his old milk dud head, Gold digging "your only with me cause your rich" wife (who I'd still lay pipe in), crack sniffing, chimpanzy favoring looking ass. He look like one of them damn somalians with the little ol bitty bodies with the real fat bloated stomachs with flys hanging all around them. I hope that MF fall, trip over a rock and bust his fat ass lips wide open! He keep calling out cuntslappy. I wish Joe would have fought him so he could have made a complete fool out of Tarver. With his ol black ass, looking like that monkey in Spyder's avatar. I hope in the middle of a fight his whole left side goes dead and he get caught with the meanest right hook you ever seen. You think Ruiz knockout from Tua was brutal? I want Tarver to get one of those knockouts that require a stretcher and a head brace to keep his neck still. I hope he cheat on his wife and get VD from a nasty ass prostitute with a gimpy eye and a prosthetic foot. Man I tried to some what like that guy and every time he starts talking about his legacy he always bring up one fighter and all of his damn rematches. FUCK You, you black ass sea lion. You look like your first cousins with the R&B singer seal.

SmartyBeardo
That is clearly HOF material, right there.
The CEO
Motherfuckers.

The bullshit never ends...lol

I'm only going to reply to the shit that actually happened...

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 1 2011, 05:43 PM) *
Why just go and check out your pick for Pac V. Cotto laugh.gif

Oh...you mean where I gave Cotto a 15% edge, and then Pacquiao ended up takin' punches for fun on the ropes and stalking Cotto like he was a Middleweight?

but why do you bring that up when YOU picked Cotto too?

QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Oct 3 2009, 02:37 AM) *
Cotto by mid to late round stoppage. Manny has no business being anywhere north of 140 pounds and he and Roach will learn this to their cost when Cotto lays him out, which is good in a sense cause then I'm reasonably sure Gayweather has to fight a true welter. Or perhaps he will retire again.

rolleyes_anim.gif

QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 1 2011, 07:43 PM) *
I called it the buffon pontoon and Snoop and CEO didn't like it much! I have to admit though between Pactards and PBF nutt mites...well it's fucking pitiful IMO!

I was very worried about you back then, cane...I thought you were goin' full Pactard.....anyway....it's good to see you've almost got it out of your system...lol

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 2 2011, 05:02 AM) *
I owned that sig. LOL

and then I owned your Avatar AND Title the very next week with The Pick Of The Year...LOL....Ward over Kessler, baby.

Please tell the whole story and the truth next time you wanna have a go at me, guys...lol...it's not cool to lie to the people...
The CEO
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 2 2011, 09:41 AM) *
That was my first night on here. To this day I am still trying to figure out how anyone could rationalize taking The Shell of Miguel Cotto in that fight.

One of the planet's great mysteries.

Nah...it wasn't an outlandish pick at the time, Beardo.....I believe the board was almost split on it in votes...30-25 Pacquiao or something...

I remember getting some inside information (bad news for Cotto bettors) a few days before it went down, but I decided I wanted to take my loss like a man and not flip flop...

We were all having a lot of fun back then....

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 2 2011, 03:14 PM) *
Was just having a rake thru that one. Found this, courtesy of yourself. Felt it needed an airing out.

One of the very best Hate posts I've ever seen...it was great for a number of reasons...my favorite part is where he wished a stroke upon Tarver midfight so a hook would be even more devastating...LMAO...I'd never heard one like that...no one was expecting such things from King at that moment...
Spyder
laugh.gif

Seriously, that quote from King Eugene should be etched into Tarver's tombstone...it was Shakespeare-esque!
King Eugene
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 2 2011, 03:14 PM) *

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 3 2011, 01:06 AM) *
That is clearly HOF material, right there.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 3 2011, 12:47 PM) *
One of the very best Hate posts I've ever seen...it was great for a number of reasons...my favorite part is where he wished a stroke upon Tarver midfight so a hook would be even more devastating...LMAO...I'd never heard one like that...no one was expecting such things from King at that moment...

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jun 3 2011, 01:15 PM) *
laugh.gif

Seriously, that quote from King Eugene should be etched into Tarver's tombstone...it was Shakespeare-esque!

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 3 2011, 11:29 AM) *
Motherfuckers.

The bullshit never ends...lol

I'm only going to reply to the shit that actually happened...

Oh...you mean where I gave Cotto a 15% edge, and then Pacquiao ended up takin' punches for fun on the ropes and stalking Cotto like he was a Middleweight?

but why do you bring that up when YOU picked Cotto too?

rolleyes_anim.gif

I was very worried about you back then, cane...I thought you were goin' full Pactard.....anyway....it's good to see you've almost got it out of your system...lol

and then I owned your Avatar AND Title the very next week with The Pick Of The Year...LOL....Ward over Kessler, baby.

Please tell the whole story and the truth next time you wanna have a go at me, guys...lol...it's not cool to lie to the people...

Yep that was my prediction but luckily The Congressman bought some great strategy and newfound boxing tools to the table. That right hand he started using was a real nice touch. Cotto's corner were rubbish and Miguel was lured into a fast draw he could never win.

Manny's footwork was great that fight and the speed just proved too much for Cotto, that and the weird angles Manny hits you from.

Certainly my respect for The Congressman rose that night. Just a clever clever fight from Pac and his corner.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 3 2011, 09:47 AM) *
Nah...it wasn't an outlandish pick at the time, Beardo.....I believe the board was almost split on it in votes...30-25 Pacquiao or something...

I remember getting some inside information (bad news for Cotto bettors) a few days before it went down, but I decided I wanted to take my loss like a man and not flip flop...

We were all having a lot of fun back then....

. . . and some of us still are.

I almost didn't watch the fight because I thought it was such an obvious foregone conclusion, but I had Russians over that nearly insisted. Cotto actually acquitted himself much better than I expected out of him.

I felt he had been gifted the Clottey fight by the judges and the heavy bag impersonator himself. I actually gave him less chance than I had given JMM v PBF. I gave JMM a slim (ring rust) chance.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 3 2011, 10:59 PM) *
Yep that was my prediction but luckily The Congressman bought some great strategy and newfound boxing tools to the table. That right hand he started using was a real nice touch. Cotto's corner were rubbish and Miguel was lured into a fast draw he could never win.

Manny's footwork was great that fight and the speed just proved too much for Cotto, that and the weird angles Manny hits you from.

Certainly my respect for The Congressman rose that night. Just a clever clever fight from Pac and his corner.

Act II of The Little Green Monster.
AKay
lol. It was Avon that left and came back as Lloyd Mayweather.
He also freaking called Jerry Drake lol like we used to do in the chats with fighters where someone would win a call from the fighter lol.
AKay
caneman
QUOTE (AKay @ Jun 11 2011, 06:57 PM) *
lol. It was Avon that left and came back as Lloyd Mayweather.
He also freaking called Jerry Drake lol like we used to do in the chats with fighters where someone would win a call from the fighter lol.
AKay

AKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! The man the legend, lol!!! How you been bro? I hope all is well man!

On another note, some of the guys from the old EZ boards were a trip!
Jack 1000
QUOTE (caneman @ Jun 11 2011, 07:30 PM) *
AKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! The man the legend, lol!!! How you been bro? I hope all is well man!

On another note, some of the guys from the old EZ boards were a trip!

The legend is back!!!! Welcome back Akay!!!! Way Better Than OK!!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.