Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fights Revisited
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
So I was really bored today and decided to watch Froch-Dirrell. Dirrell easily won the first 6 rounds and he beat Froch's ass in the 11th as well as stole the 12th. Damn, Dirrell was robbed big time in that fight.

Watched Pavlik-Taylor 1... Pavlik was 1 punch away from never being a star.

I also watch Morales-Pacquiao 1... Morales is GOD!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 31 2011, 08:43 AM) *

A great performance. I loved him switching southpaw & baiting Pac. The 2nd fight I was in a bar full of Pinoy's & for the first couple of rounds I was taking Morales up with shit like "there he goes again" "takin out the trash" & just generally being a cunt to everyone. By the 3rd round I knew what was gonna happen & slunk into my seat & a spiral of depression.

I should hate Pac as he set me off on a huge gambling bender after that win.
EAlbian
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 30 2011, 05:43 PM) *
So I was really bored today and decided to watch Froch-Dirrell. Dirrell easily won the first 6 rounds and he beat Froch's ass in the 11th as well as stole the 12th. Damn, Dirrell was robbed big time in that fight.

Gotta agree, i had Dirrell winning by a point(i was being harsh on him too) and could have seen it a draw but Froch didnt win that fight and was in jeopardy of being stopped.

Had Pavlik not been one punch away he never would have been what he was for that short period of time

I hated Morales when watching that fight the first time around(spent sat in cuz i was grounded for drinking haha, miss those HS days)

Pavlik-Taylor is one of my favorite fights to show people who are new to the sport, #1 has got to be Chavez-Taylor 1
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 30 2011, 06:43 PM) *

I agree on the Dirrell fight. Felt he won that one, but I also felt he would not win the decision on the road.

Vernon(RIP) vs Mayorga I is one me and my boy talk about all the time. Vernon finally got his break and won vs mosley after being avoided his entire career....got his HBO 6 fight contract, was in his hometown, came down the isle all cheesing with the live rap....got in there and got clubbed lol

the funny part was the look on vernon face, eyes all wide open, shocked as he was pulling himself up the ropes like "wtf....no..this can't be happening!" lol
Method
the funny part was the look on vernon face, eyes all wide open, shocked as he was pulling himself up the ropes like "wtf....no..this can't be happening!" lol

And the look on all the "Destiny's Child" members in attendance...

noWAYnoHOW
i would have to go back and watch the fight
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Method @ May 31 2011, 12:28 PM) *
And the look on all the "Destiny's Child" members in attendance...

OMG. lol

In the words of Booker T "Tell me you did not just say that!" LMAO
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think about Pavlik-Taylor 1 every once in awhile. We've all seen how Taylor's career has gone in the past few years, but if he would have finished Pavlik he would have been a bigger star. There was a lot of hype going into that fight, as HBO even did a countdown show. It was a big fight for Taylor, and it would have said a lot if he stops Pavlik in that 2nd rounds. People would have noticed, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Another fight I think about is DLH-Mosley 2. Mosley had just lost two in a row and had that no contest with Marquez. His career was on the downside, and he never looked good at 154. This fight was no exception. He was outboxed in this fight by DLH, and I thought he won 8 rounds. If DLH gets that decision, his legacy may have been looked at a bit differently. I don't think he moves up to 160 if he beats Mosley in that rematch. Mosley's career may have been a bit different as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.