Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is Tavoris Cloud?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
HaydelHammer
Is this guy still boxing or what? I actually enjoy watching him fight...not the most technical guy on earth but he has grit. I enjoyed when he fought Johnson...fk'er was trying to kill glenn a$$ with bombs. Shitty gas tank, but I like him.

Wouldn't mind seeing him and pascal go at it for about 4-5 rds before they both gas?

Where is he?
lloyd mayflower
Richie Boy Promotions sues Cloud, DKP
Posted by José Santana Jr. on April 22, 2011 · Leave a Comment

MIAMI (Press Release) — Richie Boy Promotions filed a lawsuit this past Tuesday (April 19, 2011) in the 11th District Judicial Circuit Court in Miami against IBF light heavyweight titleholder Tavoris Cloud, as well as his promoter, Don King Productions, and head trainer, Al Bonanni.

Richie Boy Promotions acquired contractual rights for Cloud from his original promoter, 8 Count Productions, in February, 2009 and then soon hired Bonanni, who had previously worked for Don King Productions (“DKP”), to run its boxing business and serve as Cloud’s head trainer. Cloud captured the IBF light heavyweight title on August 28, 2009 via a unanimous 12-round decision against Clinton Woods in a bout promoted by Richie Boy.

As Cloud’s promoter, Richie Boy Promotions negotiated and entered into an agreement for Cloud’s first title defense against mandatory challenger Glen Johnson, which was scheduled to take place April 10, 2010. During this negotiation period, however, Richie Boy Promotions terminated Bonanni, who then introduced Cloud to his former employer, Don King. DKP signed Cloud to another promotional contract despite knowing about Cloud’s exclusive promotional contract with Richie Boy Promotions.

Richie Boy alleges that Cloud breached his contract with Richie Boy Promotions by entering into another promotional contract with DKP as well as participating in his August 7, 2010 title fight against Johnson, which Cloud won via 12-round unanimous decision. Cloud (22-0, 18 KOs) defeated Fulgencio Zuniga by 12-round decision last December, and he now has a mandatory defense pending against IBF #1 contender Yusaf Mack.

Complaints filed in the aforementioned lawsuit by Richie Boy Promotions against the three defendants include Breach of Contract (Cloud), Unjust Enrichment (DKP), Tortious Interference with Contract (DKP and Bonanni), Tortious Interference with Business Relationships (DKP and Bonanni, Fraudulent Misrepresentation (Bonanni), and Breach of Fudicuary Duty (Bonanni).

Richie Boy Promotions has demanded a jury trial and judgment for monetary damages, and awarding such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper.

I take it this is whats preventing him getting in the ring
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 3 2011, 03:55 PM) *

damn.. that sounds like its gonna take awhile too... atleast you kno Donkey King Kong has that duffle bag money... he shoulda bought him out first.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 3 2011, 04:55 PM) *

damn..thanks man. Freaking contract crap.
FinitoElDinamita
Inside sources claim that Cloud will be facing Pascal as long as he gets by Mack..

Cloud/Pascal will happen this year, guaranteed.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 3 2011, 03:54 PM) *
Is this guy still boxing or what? I actually enjoy watching him fight...not the most technical guy on earth but he has grit. I enjoyed when he fought Johnson...fk'er was trying to kill glenn a$$ with bombs. Shitty gas tank, but I like him.

Wouldn't mind seeing him and pascal go at it for about 4-5 rds before they both gas?

Where is he?

Good thread. Definitely a fan of T.C.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 3 2011, 04:30 PM) *
damn..thanks man. Freaking contract crap.

And here was I thinking he'd just stopped to eat a ham & cheese sandwich.
HaydelHammer
tavoris keeping it real after the johnson match.

BoxingWizard23
Cloud is beast. His last 2 fights went the distance cause both fighters were afraid to trade with him. He had Johnson on the brink of being stopped twice in that fight but of course the Road Warrior's underrated defense high guard and that infamous beard protected him from getting KO'd. Would love to see Cloud vs Pascal. Pascal is faster and more athletic but I believe Cloud is the stronger of the two and has a better inside fighting game than Pascal. It would be an action packed fight for atleast 7 rounds. Also Clouds stamina is better than Pascals and they both would be throwing more bombs than WWII. Let's get it. That fight with Johnson was a classic in my opinion, you got 2 fighters who never back down, both have great chins,the best ref in their with them Steve Smoger, but with a weak crowd. In a Cloud vs Pascal fight I got him beating Pascal by TKO 10th or UD. Just too strong,too relentless and a better inside fighter. Oh..And Cloud is fighting again he's fighting his mandatory in Yusaf Mack I believe this month.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 4 2011, 08:36 AM) *

LOL @ Cloud's demeanour towards Johnson's excuse for getting hurt. Yeah the only fighter to really hurt Johnson was B-Hop and he KO'd him still the first fighter to do that. It just says that Cloud is a very powerful fighter. He needs to learn to go to the body more using his vicious bombs on the body can help him KO he proably could have KO'd Johnson if he went to the body more because Johnson looked soft in this fight. Good look
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 4 2011, 09:35 AM) *
Cloud is beast. His last 2 fights went the distance cause both fighters were afraid to trade with him. He had Johnson on the brink of being stopped twice in that fight but of course the Road Warrior's underrated defense high guard and that infamous beard protected him from getting KO'd. Would love to see Cloud vs Pascal. Pascal is faster and more athletic but I believe Cloud is the stronger of the two and has a better inside fighting game than Pascal. It would be an action packed fight for atleast 7 rounds. Also Clouds stamina is better than Pascals and they both would be throwing more bombs than WWII. Let's get it. That fight with Johnson was a classic in my opinion, you got 2 fighters who never back down, both have great chins,the best ref in their with them Steve Smoger, but with a weak crowd. In a Cloud vs Pascal fight I got him beating Pascal by TKO 10th or UD. Just too strong,too relentless and a better inside fighter. Oh..And Cloud is fighting again he's fighting his mandatory in Yusaf Mack I believe this month.

I agree with all the above. The pascal fight has to happen. That shit would be an all out war. Cloud not backing down from nobodies a$$ pascal as usual will give all he can for as long as he can as hard as he possibly can...would be an instant classic imo.

Armageddon would be the appropriate title for this fight.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 4 2011, 06:50 AM) *
I agree with all the above. The pascal fight has to happen. That shit would be an all out war. Cloud not backing down from nobodies a$$ pascal as usual will give all he can for as long as he can as hard as he possibly can...would be an instant classic imo.

Armageddon would be the appropriate title for this fight.

I'm with you. I always thought that Armageddon would last longer than 4 rounds though.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 4 2011, 10:04 AM) *
I'm with you. I always thought that Armageddon would last longer than 4 rounds though.

Yeah maybe for Pascal but Cloud's stamina is better than Pascals thats why I believe he will win. He will be looking to take your head off and be relentless at that. Both have weaknesses they can exploit from each other. I dont care how long it lasts. I will watch it and I believe it is brewing an instant classic. Let's make it
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 4 2011, 07:10 AM) *
Yeah maybe for Pascal but Cloud's stamina is better than Pascals thats why I believe he will win. He will be looking to take your head off and be relentless at that. Both have weaknesses they can exploit from each other. I dont care how long it lasts. I will watch it and I believe it is brewing an instant classic. Let's make it

Hey, don't get me wrong, give me 4 rounds of Armegeddon and I'm there.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 4 2011, 10:12 AM) *
Hey, don't get me wrong, give me 4 rounds of Armegeddon and I'm there.

Exactly. Dawson would beat Cloud because he would just box him and stay out of danger. B-Hop would also beat Cloud so lets get Cloud/Pascal and Dawson/Hopkins
Snoop
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 4 2011, 12:36 PM) *

When the last time Glen Johnson actually admitted to losing a fight? I swear this guy thinks he gets robbed EVERY time.
Fitz
Haha, Johnson going to great lengths to justify why he got stunned but was never hurt.

I thought Cloud won that fight.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 4 2011, 10:21 AM) *
Exactly. Dawson would beat Cloud because he would just box him and stay out of danger. B-Hop would also beat Cloud so lets get Cloud/Pascal and Dawson/Hopkins

U R correct. Chad and Bhop would just go super technical on cloud although bhop would have a much tougher time breaking down cloud than pascal who fades faster than a barber with a new pair of clippers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.