Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley never had any personality..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Skillfull
Hi all,

Great forum. I have been looking at the forum daily for a few years now and finally joined.
I must say you all do a great job and the discussions are superb. Well done.
I must say that mosley always came across as a nice guy but he never really had any stand out personality and he is a disgrace for that performance with pacman. He is a former steriod user and how history would have changed if oscar had beaten him. Drugs spoil history and changes people lives, he just picked up a cheque and that was that. Good for him. But in my opinion his legacy is scarred.
neophyte7
I am really feeling the Mosely hate... I mean this guy had to have been juicing while destroying lightweights. and Against MARGARITO he MUST A have been juicing.unless we rationalize that Shane got OLD AFTER A destroying Margarito in has last great performance, I have to raise a question as to how such a drastic drop off in performance from Margarito to his thrashing by FLOYD...his inability to even punch against Mora and his cowardly performance against Pac. I mean Shane has always stood in there. He was kaboomed by VERNON FORREST for christ sake and fought back... was he on STEROIds ALL HIS CAREER? Shane was a killer against Margarito... an aggressive quick and powerful killer... THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST stalking performances I have ever seen at the CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL and NO ONE thought that would happen, only in reverse of Mosley being the one annihilated... Floyd once questioned the legitimacy of Mosley's accomplishments by saying, "How many championships has he truly won" meaning did he win anything legitimatley??? damned good question!!!
FinitoElDinamita
Great thread. Ive never been a fan of mosley believe it or not. OF all the fighters out there who are perceived as an elite, Mosley has the lowest Boxing IQ out there. I always thought he was a dumb fighter who fights without a gameplan. When things aren't going his way, ive never seen him resorting to Plan B or C.. He starts to panick and does that jittery thing with his gloves, like a scared little boy without any idea how to fight. He doesn't know how to make adjustments and doesnt know how to throw a proper jab to save his life.

Mosley is a front runner and his legacy goes down the drain..
JONdaCON817
I loved him for destroying Margacheato... maybe becuz he had juss beaten Cotto and i felt that Cotto was cheated into his first L... he looked vicious in there. makes me wonder now...

honestly.. idkk. good question.
Skillfull
Im glad im not the only one that feels this way. Lets not forget that margocheato sjould also have been banned from boxing but bob arum has a history of bribing judges and taking care of his top rank fighters. Mosely is a joke and margarcheato must be banned!
Skillfull
Cotto is the real champion in all of this.. Beaten by two cheaters and loosing his father must have been hard for him but at least hes clean.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (Skillfull @ Jun 3 2011, 01:55 PM) *
Cotto is the real champion in all of this.. Beaten by two cheaters and loosing his father must have been hard for him but at least hes clean.

Not really..
Skillfull
I still feel his life, history and path has been changed cause of others actions.
FinitoElDinamita
Cotto fans ( especially the Puerto Ricans ) love to think that Margarito was plastered up against Cotto too because they need an excuse for that loss.. They use the plaster theory as a consolation.

Plaster or no plaster, Margarito beats him 8/10 because he simply has cotto's number. Margarito's granite chin and punch resistance was the main reason why he beat cotto...

JONdaCON817
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Jun 3 2011, 04:14 PM) *
Cotto fans ( especially the Puerto Ricans ) love to think that Margarito was plastered up against Cotto too because they need an excuse for that loss.. They use the plaster theory as a consolation.

Plaster or no plaster, Margarito beats him 8/10 because he simply has cotto's number. Margarito's granite chin and punch resistance was the main reason why he beat cotto...

Your Crazy!! did you see Cottos face?? no way hes fucced up that bad.. not even Manny could bang him up like that... what makes you think that Margacheato randomley decided to try it for the first time with Mosley??... you dont think he'd wanna try it vs an Undefeated Fighter with power??... one of the hardest punches in that division? who also has a HUGE following in NY and PR?...

you gotta be remedial for thinking he wouldnt...
JONdaCON817
and Margos punches got STRONGER as the fight went on... juss like the Plaster began to harden as his hands got sweatier... never in his career has he gotten stronger later in the fight... 8/10? because his punch resistance? you mean the awesome resistance he showed vs Mosley?... LMAO. You must be a comedian right?
FinitoElDinamita
lmfao go ahead and think that way if it makes you sleep better at nights.

Back in 2005, Margarito fought a fringe contender in Sebastian Lujan and literally ripped his ear off.. Did he have plaster in those gloves too?? smh

Maybe Vince Carter dunked over all those people because he had rockets inside his shoes.
JONdaCON817
weed makes me sleep better at night.. but your logic is stupid.

yes vince carter dunked on alot of ppl EARLY in his career.. but they NEVER found roccets in his shoes the game after he dunked on the 7 footer. idiot.
FinitoElDinamita
[quote name='JONdaCON817' date='Jun 3 2011, 03:29 PM' post='521946']
weed makes me sleep better at night.. but your logic is stupid.

yes vince carter dunked on alot of ppl EARLY in his career.. but they NEVER found roccets in his shoes the game after he dunked on the 7 footer. idiot.
[/quote

Dont be sourgraping just because your idol lacks cojones.. He got on his knees and basically begged Margarito for mercy. lol

You dumb.
Skillfull
Im not a huge cotto fan and i respect your views but the cotto fight was margacheato biggest fight at the time. There is no way on earth his gloves werent loaded. Anyway, back on track mosley is just a ben johnson of the boxing world..but ben got banned, mosley didnt. What a joke.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 3 2011, 03:53 PM) *
I loved him for destroying Margacheato... maybe becuz he had juss beaten Cotto and i felt that Cotto was cheated into his first L... he looked vicious in there. makes me wonder now...

honestly.. idkk. good question.

I happen to believe that Margarito was tailor made for Mosley. Nothing more nothing less. I also happen to think Cotto is tailor made for Margarito, plaster or not. Maybe we will find out soon.......
gravytrain
i think it could have been a mix of things. Mosley could have just had a good night but Margarito had no defense, bad footwork and just threw a lot of punches. Mosley could just tie him up when he needed to then always have a target. Mosley could just fight Margarito on instinct alone and not even have to think, all he had to do is keep punching.

then with Mayweather he had to actually box with him and Mosley went back to his old ways of tensing up and looking for a big shot. he just wasn't going to see that kind of opening with Mayweather and once he quit trying to set shots up he was just jabbing with him and coasting to a loss. Pac is a lot different than Mayweather but his activity level is high and he can throw hard combinations while having quick feet and being able to use angles. Mosley would have just kept getting tagged .
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 3 2011, 06:12 PM) *
I happen to believe that Margarito was tailor made for Mosley. Nothing more nothing less. I also happen to think Cotto is tailor made for Margarito, plaster or not. Maybe we will find out soon.......

Im all for a rematch...

but its mixed feelings.. i hope his eyes is so fucced that he never boxes again.. either way im happy.. but if cotto rematches and loses ide be coo with that cuz ide kno for sure he deserved the L... im juss not convinced personally.
Fitz
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Jun 4 2011, 06:38 AM) *
Great thread. Ive never been a fan of mosley believe it or not. OF all the fighters out there who are perceived as an elite, Mosley has the lowest Boxing IQ out there. I always thought he was a dumb fighter who fights without a gameplan. When things aren't going his way, ive never seen him resorting to Plan B or C.. He starts to panick and does that jittery thing with his gloves, like a scared little boy without any idea how to fight. He doesn't know how to make adjustments and doesnt know how to throw a proper jab to save his life.

Mosley is a front runner and his legacy goes down the drain..

I have always said the exact same thing with Mosley. Always felt he was a dumb fighter, with extremely bad footwork and no IQ either. He doesn't fight with a strategy, he just wings it when in the ring and fights on instinct.
That said, I never liked Mosley, or hated him, but I always respected him as one of the modern tough fighters. So many times he decided to fight guys that are high risk and low reward, when he got his ass kicked he took an immediate rematch. He fought everyone.
I'm not saying he was a shitty fighter, I was just never as overly impressed with him in certain areas. He will still be one of the great modern fighters.
STEVENSKI
Never a big fan of Mosley but I had a lot of respect for him as a fighter. I can't judge his career on his last performance. He at least fought everyone like DLH did & it is not how many you win or lose but who you fight & how you compete that makes your career.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 3 2011, 08:45 PM) *
I have always said the exact same thing with Mosley. Always felt he was a dumb fighter, with extremely bad footwork and no IQ either. He doesn't fight with a strategy, he just wings it when in the ring and fights on instinct.
That said, I never liked Mosley, or hated him, but I always respected him as one of the modern tough fighters. So many times he decided to fight guys that are high risk and low reward, when he got his ass kicked he took an immediate rematch. He fought everyone.
I'm not saying he was a shitty fighter, I was just never as overly impressed with him in certain areas. He will still be one of the great modern fighters.

Thats his problem. He always wants to go over than what is expected of himself. He could have unified belts in the lightweight division, while torching the welters and then maybe fight Dela Hoya. He would have had more belts and names on his resume. Admittedly so many of the best in those divisions ducked him which is why he doesn't have big solid names on his resume early on. This was a guy who was fast,quick,had KO power,iron chin,had decent head movement during his early years. The problem was that he tried to stick to his same style when he was younger as he got older. Power boxing is for if you have great stamina obviously his stamina got weaker and btw I wished he would have tooken that fight with Floyd back then when Floyd asked for it instead of ducking him. It would be a much more competitive fight than Floyd/Shane a yr ago was. Imagine Prime Mosley vs a young Prime Mayweather both KO percentages at that time was above 70%. Floyd was a monster and probably is the best lightweight ever. While Mosley was probably the most strongest lightweight there was in that era. *SIGHS*
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 3 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Never a big fan of Mosley but I had a lot of respect for him as a fighter. I can't judge his career on his last performance. He at least fought everyone like DLH did & it is not how many you win or lose but who you fight & how you compete that makes your career.

yea ive always felt this way... ide rather see a fighter who puts on a good show (E. Augustus for example) then someone who was undefeated or had a 1 or 2 loses and never fought anyone worth a damn (JCC jr)... I liked Mosley, wasnt crazy about him but i dont remember a boring fight (excluding his recent couple..lol)
Fitz
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 4 2011, 12:09 PM) *
Thats his problem. He always wants to go over than what is expected of himself. He could have unified belts in the lightweight division, while torching the welters and then maybe fight Dela Hoya. He would have had more belts and names on his resume. Admittedly so many of the best in those divisions ducked him which is why he doesn't have big solid names on his resume early on. This was a guy who was fast,quick,had KO power,iron chin,had decent head movement during his early years. The problem was that he tried to stick to his same style when he was younger as he got older. Power boxing is for if you have great stamina obviously his stamina got weaker and btw I wished he would have tooken that fight with Floyd back then when Floyd asked for it instead of ducking him. It would be a much more competitive fight than Floyd/Shane a yr ago was. Imagine Prime Mosley vs a young Prime Mayweather both KO percentages at that time was above 70%. Floyd was a monster and probably is the best lightweight ever. While Mosley was probably the most strongest lightweight there was in that era. *SIGHS*

Mosley never 'ducked' Floyd.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 3 2011, 09:53 PM) *

i might talk shit about Mosley but i respect him a lot for turning down another DLH fight since he didn't get his fair share of the money. he did have a nice career at one point too and tried to fight the best opposition available.
SmartyBeardo
Welcome to FightHype Skillfull. Excellent thread. Almost fell into the too many quotes trap.

The Flinch's legacy after 2001 is a case of who he lost to. It is also a case that involves admitted steroid use. It is also a case of an aging fighter cashing in and doing his best to protect his Botox work.

The Flinch defeated a mind fucked East LA Criminal in his last victory. The East LA Criminal should have never been allowed in the ring again, after his mind fucked lethal beating at the hands of The Flinch, an admitted steroid violator.

The Flinch was an exciting and impressive fighter from 1993-2001. Unfortunately, there will always be an asterisk on that great run, thanks to his admission of performance enhancing drugs.

Cotto was never a favorite of mine but I am convinced that The East LA Criminal had loaded gloves in that fight (and possibly in several before that). IMO, his entire record should be erased. He deserves to be sodomized with a nightstick and thrown in the East LA sewer from whence he crawled forth.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 4 2011, 09:27 AM) *
Welcome to FightHype Skillfull. Excellent thread. Almost fell into the too many quotes trap.

The Flinch's legacy after 2001 is a case of who he lost to. It is also a case that involves admitted steroid use. It is also a case of an aging fighter cashing in and doing his best to protect his Botox work.

The Flinch defeated a mind fucked East LA Criminal in his last victory. The East LA Criminal should have never been allowed in the ring again, after his mind fucked lethal beating at the hands of The Flinch, an admitted steroid violator.

The Flinch was an exciting and impressive fighter from 1993-2001. Unfortunately, there will always be an asterisk on that great run, thanks to his admission of performance enhancing drugs.

Cotto was never a favorite of mine but I am convinced that The East LA Criminal had loaded gloves in that fight (and possibly in several before that). IMO, his entire record should be erased. He deserves to be sodomized with a nightstick and thrown in the East LA sewer from whence he crawled forth.

LMAO!! The Flinch Though?? and East LA Criminal?? dude your hilarious.. please if you will can you give me a name for Berto and Timothy Bradley. lol
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 4 2011, 12:12 AM) *
Mosley never 'ducked' Floyd.

listen and learn you casual boxing fan. EVERYONE DUCKED FLOYD at one point but now they all say he's ducking cause he's the cash cow. SMH. No one wanted a piece of him when he was coming up after he beat legit top fighters. Listen to Mosley's excuse and yes this was when he was in his prime notice his hair difference and his facial features not as damaged as they are now. Mayweather called him out in his Prime. and Mosley came with a terrible terrible excuse. CHECKMATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhvYXKZK8
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 4 2011, 06:48 AM) *
LMAO!! The Flinch Though?? and East LA Criminal?? dude your hilarious.. please if you will can you give me a name for Berto and Timothy Bradley. lol

Somebody else had a good one for Bradley- something like MegaSkull. I'm thinking Timothy Ramming Speed Bradley.

Andre Doe Puff Berto. Doe Puff is Montana Speak for a chick's silent but deadly fart.
BoxingWizard23
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 4 2011, 10:02 AM) *
Somebody else had a good one for Bradley- something like MegaSkull. I'm thinking Timothy Ramming Speed Bradley.

Andre Doe Puff Berto. Doe Puff is Montana Speak for a chick's silent but deadly fart.

LOL!! You must come up with a forum of giving funny nicknames to known fighters and yes ever Pacman too also lets throw in Blob Arum and Freddie Roach too plus Don King. yep. Good shit
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 4 2011, 07:25 AM) *
LOL!! You must come up with a forum of giving funny nicknames to known fighters and yes ever Pacman too also lets throw in Blob Arum and Freddie Roach too plus Don King. yep. Good shit

You mean The Little Green Monster, Dusty (the incredible dissolving) Organ Grinder and The Little Roach?
neophyte7
QUOTE (BoxingWizard23 @ Jun 4 2011, 09:56 AM) *
listen and learn you casual boxing fan. EVERYONE DUCKED FLOYD at one point but now they all say he's ducking cause he's the cash cow. SMH. No one wanted a piece of him when he was coming up after he beat legit top fighters. Listen to Mosley's excuse and yes this was when he was in his prime notice his hair difference and his facial features not as damaged as they are now. Mayweather called him out in his Prime. and Mosley came with a terrible terrible excuse. CHECKMATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJhvYXKZK8

Good post... Casual boxing fans shut the fuck up. Mosely never wanted Floyd even the night he rocked Floyd he really didn't want to be in there... I remember Floyd teasing Shane about throwing shots with his eyes closed.. LMAO
Big Slim Sweet
Mosley never ducked Floyd or anybody else. If you think he did, you're wrong.

LMFAO at throwing the term CASUAL FAN at a guy like Fitz because he doesn't swing from PBF's nuts.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jun 4 2011, 07:27 PM) *
Mosley never ducked Floyd or anybody else. If you think he did, you're wrong.

LMFAO at throwing the term CASUAL FAN at a guy like Fitz because he doesn't swing from PBF's nuts.

I had a chuckle at that one myself. A casual fan doesnt have almost 20,000 posts on a board like this.

We've got one who just brands everyone a casual fan, and one who replies to everything by saying "you dont know shit about boxing"

In this last few posts, wizard has said that EVERYONE ducks Floyd, and that Floyd is the best lightweight ever.

Fitz, you dont know shit about boxing
Fitz
We are casual fans, we have not completed required testing to be on the ivyboxingleague. Quite frankly, we are just not up to scratch, lol.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 4 2011, 06:29 PM) *
We are casual fans, we have not completed required testing to be on the ivyboxingleague. Quite frankly, we are just not up to scratch, lol.

Yeah Fitz shut the fuck up. Unless you can give me the all-time top 5 Columbian Southpaw WW's between 5,5 and 5,7 in height you don't know shit. Take your lousy 20,000 posts and shove them novice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.