Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HOPKINS VS GLENN JOHNSON AT 175-
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
IF JOHNSON HAS ANY BALLS HE WOULD TRY TO AVENGE HIS BATTERING TO hopkins years ago. I think this would be a great action fight that could go down as a classic. BH HAS NOTHING LEFT REALLY... if Johnson is impressive and destroys FROCH... this fight has value???

THIS FIGHT IS GUARANTEED TO BE A CLASSIC--- BHOP VS GLENN JOHNSON
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 3 2011, 03:16 PM) *
IF JOHNSON HAS ANY BALLS HE WOULD TRY TO AVENGE HIS BATTERING TO hopkins years ago. I think this would be a great action fight that could go down as a classic. BH HAS NOTHING LEFT REALLY... if Johnson is impressive and destroys FROCH... this fight has value???

THIS FIGHT IS GUARANTEED TO BE A CLASSIC--- BHOP VS GLENN JOHNSON

ide love to see this one... Johnson might avenge his loss in this one!!
JONdaCON817
and he deff has the balls... but Froch will make him tell us for sure.
King Eugene
LMAO at the thought of Johnson avenging his loss to BHop.

He'd lose again.....easy! Froch is going to box his ears off.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 3 2011, 06:00 PM) *

i said MIGHT...lol. we'll see come Sat... Froch adds alot more pressure then Bhop.. thatll let me kno. youve apparently made your mind up that its an impossibility..lol.

i see him taking the early rounds and Bhop the late ones... so possibly win by SD.. but again i personally havent seen enough of Johnson to be sure...
xxxxxx
I would watch it, but it would be the same outcome as before with Hopkins outclassing Johnson and maybe even getting a tko.
Method
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 3 2011, 07:00 PM) *

I literally shot my wine through my nose when I read the first post, "BHOP HAS NOTHING LEFT".

Bro, Glenn Johnson would get JUST AS WORKED now as he did THEN. He has NOTHING...and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for Bernard Hopkins.

He's served as sparring partner for Ex many times since, and the result is always the same.

Of course Glenn wants the shot. There is no chance. There is no $ in it.

JONdaCON817
yeaa i wouldnt go that far as to say Hop has nothing left... those 6th round pushups proved he had something left...lol
Method
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 3 2011, 09:13 PM) *
yeaa i wouldnt go that far as to say Hop has nothing left... those 6th round pushups proved he had something left...lol

Not for nothing, but even saying "go as far as to say" implies he's slippin hard. Now, Im not arguing w that fact that he;s 46, but fuck, man, the cat just whupped up on a 27-8 year old....TWICE..........and PAVLIK........and Taylor............WRIGHT.............TARVER.........he BEAT Calzaghe as far as I'm fucking concerned......

.........Father time is UNDEFEATED..................but I wager when Ex loses to him, even THAT will be disputed.

I swear to fucking CHRIST if there is any way in HELL a fight w Glenn Johnson gets made, I will be taking bets ALL FUCKING DAY.

I LOVE Glenn, but he is what he is. He's NOT to be slept on, but he is what he is.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 3 2011, 09:50 PM) *
Not for nothing, but even saying "go as far as to say" implies he's slippin hard. Now, Im not arguing w that fact that he;s 46, but fuck, man, the cat just whupped up on a 27-8 year old....TWICE..........and PAVLIK........and Taylor............WRIGHT.............TARVER.........he BEAT Calzaghe as far as I'm fucking concerned......

.........Father time is UNDEFEATED..................but I wager when Ex loses to him, even THAT will be disputed.

I swear to fucking CHRIST if there is any way in HELL a fight w Glenn Johnson gets made, I will be taking bets ALL FUCKING DAY.

I LOVE Glenn, but he is what he is. He's NOT to be slept on, but he is what he is.

Who you taking in Johnson vs Froch??.....

i had to rewatch the Kessler/Froch fight.. man that was some good shyt... and i felt Froch was landing harder shots and was eating some heavy ones but i had him winning by a point.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 3 2011, 11:33 PM) *

i had to rewatch the Kessler/Froch fight.. man that was some good shyt... and i felt Froch was landing harder shots and was eating some heavy ones but i had him winning by a point.

I also had Froch winning but man did their technique go to shit in the last 2 rounds.

On the issue of Hopkins-Johnson; Johnson is made for Hopkins. That turtle shell defense, coupled with his stamina, smarts and resolve, make Johnson hard for anyone, but Hopkins would pick him off all night. Maybe it wouldn't be the same type of beating that took place in 97, but it would be another clear cut win by Hopkins.
Method
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Jun 3 2011, 11:33 PM) *

I think its pretty much a pick'em, with a deserved edge to Froch. That said, I think Glenn is worth a shot at the spoortsbook, and may throw small on him for the odds. Nothing major, but something. I think Glenn has seen better comp than Froch and if Team Froch really believes they are going to win every minute of every round, I think they are making a huge oversight.

That said, if Glen is thoroughly out boxed, it says something about Froch, cuz Getleman Glenn is nobody's stepping stone.
neophyte7
WHEN I SAID HOPKINS HAD NOTHING LEFT I WAS TALKING ABOUT OPPONENTS lmao... THE MAN has plenty in the tank... I would rather watch him fight Glen JOhnson than Chad Dawson for sure...
Method
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 4 2011, 11:33 AM) *
WHEN I SAID HOPKINS HAD NOTHING LEFT I WAS TALKING ABOUT OPPONENTS lmao... THE MAN has plenty in the tank... I would rather watch him fight Glen JOhnson than Chad Dawson for sure...

Yeah, bro, rereading your post earlier this AM, I kinda thought that's what you meant. My bad.

You're right, he don't really have any opponents left. I just cant get jazzed up for the likes of Dawson, Bute.

The one fight I'd REALLY love to see is a rematch w Joe Cal.

Thats the one fight I'd love to see get made. Do it over in Cardiff.
neophyte7
Calzaghe Hopkins rematch would be huge... but Cal is riding the white horse and enjoying beaming up... physically he probably cannot get into shape. He knows he got a gift and would never get in the ring with BHOP again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.